Old 27th September 2016, 21:00   #1
WowMachine

YP listing mis-match for my stream

Background:

I first started experimenting with making my stream public last July. I created my channel on Shoutcast.com and was seeing stats fill in on the respective pages and adverts were running for my listeners. Then, I got confused about how/if my stream was migrated over to radionomy (since shoutcast and radionomy was still working out their stuff) and set up a new account using the same info on radionomy.com. Then, with both accounts open in separate tabs and because they both looked alike, I accidentally deleted my shoutcast.com account instead of my radionomy.com account. I recreated my account on shoutcast, but it wouldn't late me choose the same station name I originally had (wowmachineradio), so I set up with wow-machine-radio.

Since then, my stats page has never registered listeners and my listeners never hear adverts.

Now I think I have discovered the problem and I need help from someone at shoutcast to fix it.

I went to shoutcast.com, and searched for my radio station... my station appears in the results....

BUT

I tried to open my station using the .m3u link, and my VLC pops up an error. I notice that the url that came with the .m3u is still linking the OLD station name:

http://listen.shoutcast.com/wowmachineradio

But what is listed as my current url on my settings page (and the one that works is):

http://listen.shoutcast.com/wow-machine-radio

Can someone please advise on how I can fix that mis-match?

Thanks!
WowMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 20:40   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

I've got this one via support@ (authhash issue)

Please repsond to my email.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:02   #3
WowMachine

Thank you DJ Egg! I'm looking forward to having all my (self-induced) bugs worked out!

"Was the old station originally created as a Streaming Service station and then converted to DNAS?"

The first account started as an experiment as I was rediscovering Shoutcast after an 8-year hiatus.... so yeah, it probably created as you said.

Then, the deletion of the first account was a total accident, so whatever I did to confuse the YP and cluster both into one ID, I don't even know!

If I need a new authhash, then just let me know what I need to do on my end!
WowMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
adverts, mismatch, stats, wrong url, yp listing