Old 26th December 2003, 16:35   #1
nemoid

Send a message via ICQ to nemoid Send a message via AIM to nemoid
ID3 Tag Auto-fix/rename plugin?

I just got an ipod, and i transferred all my songs over... but all of the id3 tags are messed up so it sorts them into like 4,000 different categories for 2200 songs..

is there a plugin that will read the Artist/Title or something and update the rest of the tag properly?
nemoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2003, 22:23   #2
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
Well, if you're willing to part with $49.99 for Moodlogic, it has a Winamp plugin: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=131035

There's supposed to be some sort of free trial. Check out http://www.moodlogic.com/ I've also heard things about submitting songs for "activation credits" but I haven't seen if you can get Moodlogic for free if you submit 100+ songs or something like that.
EdgeOfEpsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2003, 00:26   #3
m0e
This Space For Rent
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to m0e Send a message via AIM to m0e Send a message via Yahoo to m0e
Here’s a program called MusicBrainz. It basically does a search for id3 info based on the actual file info, not just the file name. Then it gives you the choice to update your id3 info or update their info if you don’t believe it to be correct. It’s not completely automatic, it isn’t integrated into Winamp, and it’s not 100% accurate, it’s still relatively “new”. And it could be considered spyware, it gets information from a central server that assigns a unique ID to each music file. They warn you on the site this info could be used by an organization like the RIAA to track music files. Since I don’t share files, that doesn’t really matter to me, but I am not sure I like it anyway.
m0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion