Old 23rd June 2000, 17:31   #1
Paul

If I use the +Dir option to add the contents of a CD to the playlist window, how can I then choose which tracks I want to hear -Jukebox style. I want to get a similar effect to the 'enqueue in winamp' option in explorer, but clicking on a new track starts it straight away.

If I double click on an track in the playlist it plays the track straight away, a single click on an trackit puts a grey bar on the whole line - what does this do?

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Paul
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2000, 09:12   #2
Mr. Ice
Captain Moderator

by "jukebox style" do you mean random play? if so, enable shuffle.

single clicking selects a song so you can delete it, change the id3, etc.
Mr. Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2000, 11:44   #3
gandalf
Moderator Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to gandalf
Same here: what is Jukebox mode anyway?
Try ticking "enqueqe as default action" In prefs>setup>file types.
gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2000, 18:51   #4
Paul

Sorry guys if I wasn't clear.

By 'jukebox' I mean of the list of 150 or so tracks on a cd, I want to pick say 10 to listen to at one time. I load the contents of the cd by using +dir and wonder if there's a way to then pick the ones I want to hear.

The only way I seem to be able to do this is to pick the tracks from windows explorer and select 'enqueue in winamp'. This approach doesn't seem to work in the winamp playlist - even with 'enqueue as default action' selected if I double click on a track it replaces the one curently playing.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Paul
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2000, 04:01   #5
Mr Happy

I think I know what you're after, but correct me if I'm wrong ;-)

Once you've got the complete track listing in your playlist, select all the tracks you are interested in listening to. Do this by using the single click on a track method that you were asking about. After you've clicked on the first track, hold down your CTRL key and single click on all the other tracks you want. Then use the Remove button on your playlist, and select Crop.

Voila! - A playlist that contains only the tracks you want.
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2000, 04:08   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

It's a bit of a painstaking method but, in the playlist editor window, try right clicking on the tracks you don't want to listen to and select "Remove".
When you're left with the ones you do want to listen to, then click on "List Opts" [bottom right of PL Ed] and choose "save list".
You can then save this playlist with a name like "CD1.m3u" or "CD1.pls" . . . so next time you want to listen to this selection, stick the CD in the drive and choose this selection from the Winamp "Play -> File" Menu.

For more info / tips on Playlist Editing, go here : http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000516.html
Also: http://forums.winamp.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000199.html

Hope this helps.

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2000, 04:34   #7
Mr Happy

DJEgg, not sure why I didn't think of your method, I suppose it's just the way I think :-)

I'd use the number of files I wanted to keep from the total playlist vs the number of files I wanted to discard as a criteria, then choose one method or the other depending on that (let's keep RSI at bay, eh? ;-)

Either way, saving your final selection as a playlist file is a good idea.
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support