Old 15th March 2020, 15:22   #1
PowerfulCJ

I can't ban this IP. Creepy.

There's some 'thing' listening way too much to my company's mock-demo internet radio station that we send to prospective clients as a demo of what their internet radio station could look like live on the internet.

But I can see in the CentovaCast panel that there's an IP in Germany that's racked up 1750 minutes of listening to this 1 hour loop that broadcasts on this mock demo internet radio station. There's no way anyone would listen to that over and over again legitimately.

Here's the creepy part: I tried to ban the IP address, and it WOULDN'T ban it. Seriously I tried banning myself. Worked immediately, but couldn't ban that IP. Creepy.

This is the IP address: 194.94.127.9

I wish I could attach a video of me trying to ban this thing and it not working but it doesn't accept .mov uploads, it doesn't look like.

I believe it could be potentially a copyright bot from the United States Federal Government using a VPN disguising itself as a German user, but I'm literally only streaming Rockstar Games' Head Radio music from the GTA series on this fake radio station, almost no real music accept for one SINGLE Panic! At the Disco song that I thought flowed nicely with the rest of it, so I have no idea why the Feds would waste their time on something like that.... But then again the Federal Govt. employees here in America are all mentally disabled.

I guess I'm actually just quite confused by the whole situation to be honest. I have no idea why this could be happening.

Let me know what you guys think, and what you recommend I do about this, or if you know how I can get this IP banned. Thanks in advance, guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 12.17.52 PM.png
Views:	35
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	54532  
PowerfulCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 15:36   #2
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

there are serveral pages on the net that collect streams to offer them to their subscribers or these are pages that offert streams.

It's nothing to worry about and your theory about the US is absolutely not true.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2020, 15:39   #3
PowerfulCJ

They offer them to subscribers? That's pretty crazy, there's no way anyone but a prospective client would want to listen to that station I put together... But I guess if that's what they want to do, they should have the freedom to do it.

I would disagree with you about the US Fed. Govt. though... but to each his own. Do you live in the US?
Old 15th March 2020, 15:41   #4
PowerfulCJ

By the way, are these 'pages' that collect these streams on the net un-bannable? I just think it's very strange I can't even ban the IP address. It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 15th March 2020, 16:18   #5
NJK

try to let your tin foil hat on the shelf where it should be
I got the same, it's a german IP adress that leads to a cloud server compagny and i know for a fact that it's a site that gives you the means to choose whatever kind of music that you want to listen to

each IP adress can be banned on the shoutcast admin page.
the IP you posted can be banned on my admin page at least.
So don't go anywhere that you can't explain or try to find things that are not there.....

in other words, don't panic

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 15th March 2020, 16:20   #6
PowerfulCJ

*leave my tin foil hat, you mean.

Yeah, I believe you have the same IP on yours, but I can't ban mine, I swear to God, I've tried a million times. That's what's annoying.
Old 15th March 2020, 16:24   #7
NJK

it's harmless , there are websites that offer every stream that you want.
A bit like a website with all radiostations in a country

they just connect one stream and it stays on 24/7 , as soon as you reboot it's back within a few minuts.
if you look into your logfiles you will see it's not a streamripper but a webplayer.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support