Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Closed Thread
Old 28th March 2006, 09:35   #41
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by trakman
When streaming Ogg Vorbis files, under 'User Agent' in Icecast, it shows: WinampOGG/5.12(MPEG stream compatible)
shouldn't this read: WinampOGG/5.21(MPEG stream compatible)
not really, in_vorbis handles its own network connections, hence it having whatever user agent it feels like.

Hopefully, network connectivity will be unified at a later date.

Old 30th March 2006, 05:32   #42
gormster

I've already posted this in another thread (in this forum), but my 4G FW iPod instantly causes Winamp to crash. I don't care about sync or anything, I just want to be able to put my music on my iPod. I've read numerous other posts about people having the same problem (not just with the 4G), and I've done the whole 'send error report' thing a number of times. This was one of the things I thought would be guaranteed fixed in Winamp 5.21.
Old 8th April 2006, 11:48   #43
cs51oh

Abacast AAC+ stream crashes winamp...

Hi,

I listen to a couple of stations which use abacast to distribute the stream. When you launch a stream the abacast client opens then winamp opens to play the stream. Everything worked perfectly up until version 5.13 of winamp. Later version as soon as winamp opens to play the stream it crashes.

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.2.1.497 ModName: in_mp3.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002f7b

for example try listening to the 48k Radio Caroline stream:

(top left hand side of page)

http://radiocaroline.servemp3.com/

Thanks

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
abacast? What's the actual stream url? There's no crash with any of the aac+ streams from tuner2.com.

Hi DJ Egg,
It only crashes when it plays the stream the Abacast client provides. Abacast is a p2p client. You would have to install the client to see the problem. If I revert back to 5.13 the problem goes away.
URL to launch client and winamp.

http://radiocaroline.servemp3.com/newplayeraac.htm

Last edited by cs51oh; 8th April 2006 at 14:39.
Old 10th April 2006, 06:02   #44
Kisai

in_mod.dll

Clean Windows XP SP 2 install + all updates + stock drivers only
Clean WinAMP 5.21 install
Toshiba P10 Laptop (P4HT 3Ghz 800Mhz FSM, nVidia 5200Go, 512MB RAM)

Minor but irritating bug, in_mod.dll , the file browser doesn't make *.mod *.it *.xm *.s3m available, so either
*.mod;*.xm;*.it;*.s3m need to be put in the file browser string or all the files need to be drag-and-dropped, or manually added outside winamp (right-click, etc)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This is a Windows' Open File Dialog limitation, not a Winamp bug.
More info, including workarounds, here.
Old 12th April 2006, 00:50   #45
Poiter

I have never had a probelm with winamp before until this version. It can not manage 'big' play lists i can enqueue my collection of 6000ish songs but if i skip through them too fast or search for some songs that have a long filepath winamp will just crash. Its really annoying every 10 min its crashing. i have songs on 2nd hdd which may be prob???

P4 2.4
XP Pro SP2
Nvidia 6600
Asus.. P4SGX
728MB DDR

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, but we cannot reproduce this problem (I've got ~20,000 entries in my playlist). Confirm a clean install with no 3rd-party plugins. If the problem persists, please post in the Tech Support forum, and explain the exact step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem, in as much detail as possible, including details of the crash error message, if any.
Old 12th April 2006, 16:08   #46
sebastianratz

WAV plugin + advanced title formating + file handles

Hi,

I have found some problems conceirning the WAVE plugin and playing wav files.

1) If "Advanced Title Formatting" is disabled the whole path to the wav file is shown, which is quite annoying. I think the way it is shown with mp3 files is much better.

2) If I play a .wav file with Winamp and then jump to next song i am unlable to delete/move/rename the wav file played before. Winamp keeps the handles to the wav file open even if it isn't playing the track or the track is even removed from playlist. So you need to restart Winamp in order to delete the wav file.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:32   #47
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Quote:
2) If I play a .wav file with Winamp and then jump to next song i am unlable to delete/move/rename the wav file played before. Winamp keeps the handles to the wav file open even if it isn't playing the track or the track is even removed from playlist. So you need to restart Winamp in order to delete the wav file.
This is true and very annoying. The problem is not there if you use the old in_wave.dll, as many people do (the new one makes many problems). I also do so.

But never the less, this must be fixed in the new in_wave!

Regards, kzuse
Old 12th April 2006, 20:26   #48
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: in_wave locking files
Known and already fixed for 5.22
(I'll add it to the Known Bugs sticky, heh).
Old 14th April 2006, 20:30   #49
bonesbro

dsp_sps.dll crashes instantly whenever it is enabled. I tested several different plugins and all of them repro the same crash.

Winamp 5.21 - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
Windows 2003 Server SP1, full patches
Mobo uncertain - HP dx5150, AMD64 X2 4200, 2GB RAM
Video: NVidia Geforce 6600 GT, driver 8.4.2.1 dated 3/9/2006
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek AC97, driver 5.10.0.5720 dated 9/21/2004
DirectX: 9.0c

The crash is in dsp_sps.dll, the version shipping with Winamp 5.21. I repro the crash with both 5.20 and 5.21 on this machine. I have tried both wave and DirectSound output, tried disabling DirectSound hardware acceleration, and I tried setting processor affinity to a single processor.

Repro steps:
1. Boot Winamp
2. Right click > Options > Preferences > DSP/Effect
3. Select "Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio DSP v.036 [dsp_sps.dll]"
4. Click "Configure Active Plug-in"
5. Dismiss the Winamp options dialog
6. In the Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio window, click Load
7. Pick any of the DSPs. In this case I used "justin - mix to mono".
8. Check "Enable processing"
9. In the main Winamp UI, click Play. (I am playing demo.mp3 that ships with Winamp)
10. Crash.

Call stack (symbols not available):

> 001d206c()
dsp_sps.dll!01c52970()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for dsp_sps.dll]
dsp_sps.dll!01c55225()
dsp_sps.dll!01c53a9b()
winamp.exe!004280db()
winamp.exe!00426945()
in_mp3.dll!02004a5d()
in_mp3.dll!02004b4a()

A zipped crash dump (created with Visual Studio 2005) is attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winamp.dmp.zip (20.1 KB, 654 views)
Old 19th April 2006, 11:48   #50
3ngel

Bug regarding:
in_dshow.dll 0.98

Problem:
When playing .ac3 trough DirectShow the result is PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Reverting to version 0.92 all is fine

Configuration:
WinAmp 5.21 Clean
WinXP

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this. The .ac3 files from here play just fine.
Old 20th April 2006, 10:33   #51
3ngel

Same situation with the files downloaded from the web site indicated by you.
But i have an Update. The PRRRRR i was talking earlier is indeed the sound of the file totally distorted (like you put it trough a distortion to the max). With the 0.98 is totally distorted, with the 0.92 is fine.
I'm using "AC3Filter 1.02a test8" to play through DirectShow.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
I'm using AC3Filter 1.01a RC5. Note, v1.02a test8 was removed due to bugs/instability.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:40   #52
robert777

the new UNICODE support in in_mp3 is buggy

if i try to open a song with a non-english title with id3v1 but an empty id3v2 winamp refuses to read correctly the title of the file

this bug happens on winamp 5.2 and 5.21 (with in_mp3 from 5.13 or earlier it's ok)
i'm using winxp sp2 with language for non-unicode set to hebrew
Attached Files
File Type: zip empty id3v2.zip (22.0 KB, 729 views)
Old 22nd April 2006, 07:00   #53
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Again: crash with MOD files....

After my fresh and clean install of Windows ME and Winamp, Winamp first worked really fine, stable and fast. But in order to watch WMV videos, I installed the Windows Media 9 Runtime for Windows ME, as described in this thread.

Now Winamp plays WMV files correctly (it's even able to play WMV-HD files in HDTV resolutions, but since my processor rus at 866 MHz and I have only 256 MB system and 32 MB video RAM, it's only at ~2 frames per second.... but that's not the problem... ;-) )

So WMV is fine now. But when I play a MOD file (which I often do) and then "re-press" the "Play" button to restart playback, or drag another MOD file into the Winamp MAIN WINDOW (not the playlist) while the other MOD still plays, I get an exception in IN_WM.DLL ("This program must be closed" and blah [I don't know the english text exactly]). After that I get a blue screen (Error 0E : 0028 : C00587C9) which I can exit by pressing "ESC"... -- and Windows and Winamp work properly again, as if nothing happened!!!

Fact is, this error did not occur before installing the WMV Runtime. And isn't it funny that Winamp uses "IN_WM" when playing MOD files???

When I disable "out_ds" and play though out_wave, this problem does NOT occur!!

And note, that it only appears one time after each windows bootup! So when start my PC, play a MOD, press play again --> SEH dialog --> ESC, bluescreen --> ESC --> Double click again on that MOD file --> now I can press "Play" as often as I want and it doesn't crash anymore!!

I had a similar error before I reinstalled Windows, but then it was "MSVCR71.DLL" which caused the exception (please see this post!).

(btw. I always write "MOD", but of course the same applies to XM, IT and so on ---> all files handled by in_mod).

This bug really annoys me. Is there any way to disable the use of "in_wm" when playing mod files? Is "in_wm" neccessary for "out_ds" to work?

I even tried installing DirectX 9.0 (before it was 8.0), but it's all the same!

Maybe you could try to fix this.

Regards
kzuse

PS:
@robert777: I've heard in the next version Unicode can be disabled

Last edited by kzuse; 22nd April 2006 at 09:00.
Old 26th April 2006, 18:34   #54
2bee

[gen_jumpex.dll] crash when playlist item count > 65500

Hi,

I discovered this problem first when I upgraded from 5.13 to version 5.21. I disabled the plugin (renamed the dll) in order to prevent winamp from crashing at startup. The point is that everything is going well, unless the playlist item count is greater than 65500. However, i did a clean XP install and the problem is still occuring, but when i switch back to 5.13 everthing is alright again. Further i would like to point out there is no problem with the playlist count if this dll is disabled.

Winamp 5.21 - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
Windows XP SP2, full patches
ASRock Chipset KT400A,Athlon XP 2600+, 1GB RAM
Video: NVidia Geforce 6600 GT, newest nvida driver
Sound Card: SB Audigy Player, latest driver available
DirectX: 9.0c

steps:

1. start winamp (with gen_jumpex.dll activated)
2. empty playlist
3. add more than 65500 items to the playlist
4. close winamp (from now on winamp won't start anymore, unless you disable that dll)
5. start winamp crash gen_jumpex.dll

Unhandled exception at 0x02e16e16 in winamp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000038.

> gen_jumpex.dll!02e16e16()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for gen_jumpex.dll]
winamp.exe!00454043()
winamp.exe!004548f8()
winamp.exe!0045329d()
winamp.exe!0045329d()
user32.dll!77d1d598()
user32.dll!77d18bd9()
user32.dll!77d1d5ac()
user32.dll!77d1d559()
winamp.exe!0044b499()
gen_ff.dll!1a122e2d()
ntdll.dll!7c9205c8()
ntdll.dll!7c920551()
ntdll.dll!7c92056d()
winamp.exe!0044b499()

regards Tobias
Old 26th April 2006, 19:35   #55
DrO

reproduced as being memory allocation in the plugin that's failing at that size. fix will be implemented with the next public dev build (in a few days i hope)

-daz
Old 27th April 2006, 02:32   #56
infekted666

Winamp 5.21 - clean install
Win XP SP2
Pentium 4 3.2 GHz 512 RAM
radeon 9200
sound blaster audigy
DirectX 9.0c
Plugin: pmp_p4s.dll
Device: iRiver H10 20Gb
Filetypes: mp3 only

I know this was addressed before, but when i use the autofill, winamp just freezes. I have tried the fix suggested, by replacing rating==1, but it only adds the songs with a rating of one star...

is there a way to add all the songs missing, without using rating==1...rating==5.

i know i have used autofill before, with no problems.
Old 6th May 2006, 08:16   #57
Wizard

Seeking bug in in_mp4 v0.8

Seeking bug in in_mp4 v0.8

If I play an mp4 audio file (.m4a aac) and keep pressing the right arrow key to seek forward, when it reaches the end, it keeps seeking and the time keeps forwarding endlessly.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reproduced. Thanks

[Edit #2]
And fixed for the next release :-)
Old 6th May 2006, 23:26   #58
Moxica

MPEG-4 AAC LC

When playing MP4-files, the visualization doesn't work.
The "spectral analyzer" just scrolls back&forth with no indication and the beat osc display indicates something and just stops there, doesn't move at all, but the song plays normally and no other odd things happens.

Soundcard: integrated on the "Asus A8N32-SLI" mobo.
Plugin: version 0.8 of "in_mp4.dll". Guess that's the right one.

Info from "MP4 info editor":

Track Type Info
1 audio MPEG-4 AAC LC, 289.831 secs, 158 kbps, 44100 Hz
2 od Object Descriptors
3 scene BIFS
Old 7th May 2006, 12:16   #59
Moxica

Re: Seeking bug in in_mp4 v0.8

Quote:
right arrow key to seek forward, when it reaches the end, it keeps seeking and the time keeps forwarding endlessly.
It does this when playing .s3m, .xm and a bunch of other formats too, not just .mp4.
Old 7th May 2006, 12:59   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Moxica
Sorry, but I can't reproduce either of your reports.
Anyone else?

The rt-cursor seek bug can be reproduced for m4a/mp4 and wma only.
Old 9th May 2006, 20:25   #61
shon3i

I don't know why but this bug is long time since winamp 2, the equalizer not sound good for any type except mp3, when i on equalizer and load Techno preset mp3 sounds very good, very good balance betweem basses and treble, but when i try to play mp4/aac, wav, ogg or other types song sounds terrible and very distorting in both basses and treble. So i can't find good equalizer for all types except to turn it off completly. For example equalizer must sounds like in foobar 0.9 or winamp 2

Thanks for advice
Shon3i

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Try unchecking 'fast layer 3 eq' in in_mp3 config
and then the eq should be the same for mp3 as other formats
Old 12th May 2006, 13:52   #62
dweese1043

Shoutcast Interface Hard Crash

When selecting a category from the drop down, if you use the mouse wheel and go slowly, the different genres will load fine. If you scroll fast, I've only had it crash on the way up from the bottom. I was able to rapidly scroll down to "World" without it crashing, but when I did the same thing in the opposite direction, it crashed. It gives me a Windows message saying it has to close the application and asks me if I want to report the problem to Microsoft. If I scroll enough, eventually none of the categories will load a list. It says "Loading...", but eventually says "No Stations Available" on any selection, whether by wheel or click. Even after closing the application, closing the agent and relaunching the app, I still get "No Stations Available".
Old 12th May 2006, 22:29   #63
ujay
Forum King

@ dweese - This was noted back in the beta thread but not resolved. There are a few other problems with the genre box getting confused.

I find you do need to provoke it, and don't really have problems in general use.

AppName: winamp.exe | AppVer: 5.2.1.497 | ModName: ml_online.dll | ModVer: 0.0.0.0 | Offset: 00001b93

UJ
Old 14th May 2006, 04:03   #64
dsreyn

Re: Re: ipod sync and duplicates

Quote:
Originally posted by hkk
I'd just like to confirm this bug report. I am experiencing the same problem with a clean 5.21 install. Only a few albums seem to suffer from the duplication problem. And they get duplicated on every sync (not just the first time).
In my case it seems to be albums of german bands, containing songs with umlauts. So I am pretty sure this bug is related to unicode handling somehow (wrong assumptions when doing string comparisons maybe?). What is strange is that all songs in these albums get duplicated, even if only a few of the songs have umlauts in their titles.

Needless to say that this bug is extremely annoying. A quick fix would be great.
Motherboard: Asus P4PE
CPU: Intel 2.4 GHz
Memory: 512 MB
Video card: ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
Sound card: M-Audio Delta 410
Direct X 9.0c

Having the same problem here with a clean WinAmp 5.21 install. The problem occurs only with certain tracks on some albums (so for a given album, only some tracks are prone to this, and other tracks are problem free). As with other reports, it happens every time I sync. It looked to me like the problem tracks were generally the ones with the longest filename (though I have not been able to confirm whether any files with longer names don't exhibit this behavior). This leads me to wonder if the filenames are being truncated somewhere, and maybe truncated names are being compared with untruncated names.

Doug
Old 15th May 2006, 15:46   #65
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
its a little hard to search for this bug, so im not sure if its already known.

If you name a playlist in the ML with a '&', on pledit>sendto: menu its not visible.

R&B shows RB
R&&B shows R&B

win xp sp2
winamp 5.21 full
Old 17th May 2006, 16:16   #66
BigWillyStyle42

Windows XP SP2
PNY GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
Creative Soundblaster Audigy MP3+
Winamp 5.21 clean install no 3rd party plugins

Using the pmp_p4s plugin to communicate with my Creative Nomad Jukebox 2, I can repeatedly crash winamp by doing the following:

1. Create a playlist on the portable.
2. Right click it and select rename.
3. Hit enter.
Old 22nd May 2006, 00:05   #67
fatalm4

in_mod.dll title bug

When playing a mod(it,s3m,etc) from a http:// URL, if that mod has a "blank" (zero length) title in the mod's title field, the first time it's played, the playlist title will be shown as the filename. Going to another song in the playlist and then returning to the mod will then cause the mod's playlist title to be the same as that of the last file played.

Right click > view file info then changes the mod's playlist title to the full URL. View File Info from a context menu or any other place doesn't do this.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports