Old 21st June 2018, 00:46   #161
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Speaking of vee-hickles, when I was having some (most) of the panels on my Micra repainted (under lifetime warranty by MotorOne, yay!), I had them remove the badges from the bonnet (hood) and rear hatch; the rears were just stuck on, but removing the front-and-centre NISSAN logo from the bonnet revealed two holes in the bonnet itself: horizontally aligned, about 4 inches apart. I'm now wondering how to cover them up.
  • I was thinking of a ThunderCats logo, but a chrome emblem thereof has proved impossible to find.
  • We have a Transformers logo (Autobots ) chrome emblem that we originally had stuck onto ShyShy Jr's petrol filler door, but it's so heavy that it started to just slide off; admittedly, we first covered the door with red Contact to project the paint and also to make it stand out (see attached) and this may have negatively affected the adhesion. The more important issue with this option is that the bonnet is heavily curved at the nose, and the back of the emblem is flat, so only the vertical middle of the adhesive backing would be in contact with the bonnet. We'd probably need to cut into the backing to make a concave curve, to try to match the bonnet. Ugh.
  • …?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transformers-chrome-emblem.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	53898  

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 19:49   #162
sgtfuzzbubble011

Get a couple cheap flexible radio antennas, and mount one in each hole to make your car look like a bug.

sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2018, 06:24   #163
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

hahahahahaha That's actually an excellent idea. Noted.

Old 12th July 2018, 05:16   #164
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfuzzbubble011 View Post
and I'm only 35.

i thought you were at least 50
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2018, 06:06   #165
sgtfuzzbubble011

I feel like I'm 50.
Old 23rd July 2018, 00:54   #166
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfuzzbubble011
Get a couple cheap flexible radio antennas, and mount one in each hole to make your car look like a bug.
We've decided to go with either a door handle (like this) or a pair of door knobs (like this). The holes are 100mm apart (centre to centre) and standard handles are 96mm apart, so we'll see if the handle even fits; if not, then we'll go with the knobs.

Old 28th July 2018, 08:07   #167
sgtfuzzbubble011

That seems far too practical and useful.
Old 28th July 2018, 17:06   #168
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Plus who wants a knobhead car?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 03:29   #169
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Update: Shaz wants to put googley eyes on the door knobs.

Old 30th July 2018, 17:39   #170
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Paint an igor around them.
Old 26th May 2019, 04:26   #171
sgtfuzzbubble011

I suppose it's time for another round of updates. I'll provide the Reader's Digest version.

The L5-S1 disc in my back ruptured AGAIN this past October, and I had to have the same discectomy surgery again around the beginning of December. When it happened in 2017, the bulge was about the size of a pea. This time, the bulge was about as big as a gumball. It was way worse this time. Recovery was much longer, and I never actually went back to work while I was still living in Texas.

The cost of living in Houston kept skyrocketing the entire decade I was living there, and combined with the ridiculous medical bills from this latest surgery, I just couldn't afford to live there anymore. I ended up moving back to Mississippi at the end of March (about 2 months ago) once I'd recovered to the point where it was safe for me to do so.

The good news is that I was able to get a job even before I had gotten my driver's license switched back to MS. I'm working at Public Works again, but I'm in a different department this time (this is the 3rd department for me so far, lol). There's quite a few familiar faces still working there, so coming back isn't as strange as I thought it would be.

Overall, I'm really happy to be close to my family and old friends again. I'm really starting to miss the people I care about in TX, though. This is going to be very tough for me.
Old 27th May 2019, 19:13   #172
webthing
Forum King

Thanks for the update. Nice to hear from members! May your next adventures bring you peace. :-)
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 03:14   #173
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Sarge, when I fly over to attend a Hootie concert up in SC/NC (later this year or early next year), I'll have to swing by MS. Reconvening at the Denham Springs IHOP would be a bit of a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
We've decided to go with either a door handle (like this) or a pair of door knobs (like this). The holes are 100mm apart (centre to centre) and standard handles are 96mm apart, so we'll see if the handle even fits; if not, then we'll go with the knobs.
I ordered a couple of handles, none fit the holes, and so we went with the knobs. I'll take a photo after work and post it tonight.

Old 28th May 2019, 23:34   #174
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Here's a potato-cam photo taken last night. Bonus: ShyShy in the passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190528_203714_edited.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	54458  

Old 28th May 2019, 23:36   #175
sgtfuzzbubble011

Old 1st June 2019, 09:28   #176
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Good to hear you're still alive-ish. I imagine having medical bills decide for you where to live must suck real monkey balls.

As for me, I'm going to start a new job on Monday because the company I worked for is closing down (Emté Supermarkets). I worked there for over 11 years, basically since our marriage.
I'm glad and thankful that I can switch between jobs without being without a job inbetween.
I was able to take 2 weeks off at the end of my contract though. Just to clear my head and start fresh. Kids are doing okay so I guess I can't complain.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2019, 13:53   #177
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior of the Light View Post
As for me, I'm going to start a new job on Monday because the company I worked for is closing down (Emté Supermarkets). I worked there for over 11 years, basically since our marriage.
and another bites the dust.

in the last years 30 brandnames stopped or simply were taken over by the big 3.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2019, 14:50   #178
gaekwad2
Foorum King

told you so but you wouldn't listen
Old 6th June 2019, 04:55   #179
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I guess I can put an update here, been a bit of time.

Recently took a hiatus from college to figure myself out I guess? I'm kind of lost as to where I want to go or what I want to do. I've had plan after plan fall apart on me, either from my own incompetence or wrong place, wrong time.

I've picked up a new hobby, Simulation Racing. Except I don't race, I pretty much just slide around Japanese cars. It's a great deal of fun.

I currently work at an Autobody shop, the job is stable-ish the boss micromanages everyone including the the "foreman", quite petty and an all around horrible person to be around for an extended time. I'm thinking about knocking on the doors of some Electrician outfits to see if I can get my foot in the door maybe setup an apprenticeship.

I'm 27 now, life is still as weird as back in my more edgy days. The angst isn't as strong, and I find myself wanting a lot more out of life. The issue is staying motivated, it all feels... Pointless? With the amount of failures I've experienced in my small time alive it feels like I'm meant to be stuck.

It's not all depressing though, games are still fun, skinning is still fun, and I'm pretty smitten on this one girl I'm seeing right now. I got commitment issues towards relationships though because I feel like I might move to another part of the country again.

Life is alright, I'm still alive, and it brings a smile to my face to see you all still here.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 23:34   #180
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Keep smiling, Mike. If times are rough, be happy. If you wouldn't be happy, it wouldn't change a thing because things would still be rough Glad to see you too

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 03:54   #181
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-db View Post
It's not all depressing though, games are still fun, skinning is still fun, and I'm pretty smitten on this one girl I'm seeing right now. I got commitment issues towards relationships though because I feel like I might move to another part of the country again.
Prioritising, planning for, pursuing and then sustaining a long-term committed relationship cannot be overvalued. Men need to be needed as providers and protectors. Late 20s is actually quite late to start this; if the current girl is good, you should shift your thinking – from not wanting to commit in case you move, to planning on taking her with you if you move.

Start a family, I guess is my point. It makes you realise the degree to which each other aspect of your life actually matters (or actually doesn't). If you're waiting for perfect conditions, I have news for you.

t. guy married ~15 years and counting

Old 26th August 2019, 06:15   #182
kedy

take health your priority and welcome back here... r u fine now?
kedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions