Old 29th October 2003, 20:42   #321
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@start78
Thanks

@helkite
Not until someone here posts confirmation that a bug has been reproduced.
Repeatedly/rapidly switching vis/vid is not recommended, especially if you're using cpu-intensive AVS (does it also happen with Milkdrop, or are you using some other 3rd-party vis?), and it's also something that 99% of users wouldn't normally do.
What is your graphics card/chip & drivers version?
Which vis plugin? avs, milkdrop, other/all?
I personally can't reproduce either bug. Anyone else?
[edit] reading your reply below, I can't reproduce *that* either [/edit]
[edit2] I can't reproduce any of the other problems reported below either [/edit2]
[edit3] I've done my bit. I'm outta here [/edit3]

Re: problems with modern/freeform skins.
Close Winamp
Delete studio.xnf (main winamp dir)
Edit winamp.ini as follows:
skin=
Winamp should now open with the default classic skin.
Do the errors/problems still occur if you try to switch to modern skin(s)?
(note: all default sizes/position are restored by deleting studio.xnf)

If the problem persists:
Backup -> Uninstall -> Reinstall procedure

Note: there ARE known issues with some 3rd-party freeform skins.
Such is the nature of beta software.
Please do not report these issues here.
Old 29th October 2003, 20:50   #322
start78

milkdrop 1.04b doesn't close on "esc"

as in beta 1, the milkdrop visualisation shipped with winamp doesn't close from fullscreen if i hit the "esc"-button.

it only goes from fullscreen- to window-mode. whith milkdrop 1.04 (last official milkdrop-version) it works as it should. i just didn't test milkdrop 1.04 with the modern skin.

can anyone confirm please?

specs: win2k sp4 dx9; p4 2,4; intel 845pe-chipset; nvidia ti4200 (det 44.03 & fw 52.16); sblive value
Old 29th October 2003, 21:24   #323
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

afaik, that was a bug in milkdrop 1.04a
Vis window is NOT meant to close when hitting ESC button in fullscreen.
Old 29th October 2003, 21:53   #324
dougieha

DJ...I fixed my problem from before with the file extension list. I had forced winamp.exe to run in compatibility mode when I was working to fix my window position problem. For some reason, even after uninstalling and reinstalling, WinXP remembered the settings I had specified to make the program run in compatibility mode. Anyhow...my problem is now solved.

Thanks!

Now, if I could only get mass playlist importing...

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 29th October 2003, 22:43   #325
Helkite

When I said I repeatedly hit the Open Vis/Video button, I just meant that it continuously opened and closed it and opened and closed it. It has nothing to do with the actual AVS itself... but perhaps something to do with how Winamp handles the "open/close" commands.

What I mean is that I just keep clicking the ( V ) button like mad. I click it once, and before it has a chance to slide open, I am telling it to slide closed again, and before it can do that, it recieves a barrage of conflicting signals... something like that.

I know it's a silly thing to do, but still, some people with too much time on their hands (like me) might do it for "fun", and would inadvertantly crash their Winamp (or possibly the entire system). Winamp is such a powerful piece of software, I don't see why not this little bug can't be fixed.

Thanks.
Old 30th October 2003, 00:06   #326
Helkite

Another bug, maybe related to the above. Somehow, when I double click the Main Window (to go to windowshade mode), the main window simply disappears. Gone. My playlist remains, however, and I can right-click the playlist to bring up a context menu.

In the menu, Main Window is still "checked", however. If I were to uncheck it and check it again, there is no effect, the window is still not there.

If I right-click the Winamp 5 bar in my taskbar, and then select "Move" (a common way to retrieve "lost" windows pushed off the screen), I drag in a puny blob of the Classic Winamp window, relating to the blob bug mentioned in page 8.

I have tried deleting studio.xnf and also winamp.ini... but no effect.

I know this may have something to do with the "Link Position and Width" thing, but I like my Winamp position unlinked, which unfortunately causes the problem...
Old 30th October 2003, 00:39   #327
Cimmo

Send a message via ICQ to Cimmo
Quote:
Originally posted by start78
@cimmo:
better get some basic knowledge before using alphas/betas or posting bugs...
I've used a lot of betas in my past and not only winamp's betas. I've found bugs in winamp 3.0 betas and other programs/utilities (use search in this forum if you want to discover). Sometimes I wrong...you never wrong?

Probably you know everythings for every software...
Old 30th October 2003, 00:56   #328
Spaceb

Send a message via ICQ to Spaceb Send a message via AIM to Spaceb
Winamp is 5 Beta 2
My OS is Windows ME
System: AMD K6-2 400 MHZ, 192 MB RAM

I found this bug: (winamp closed) I go to my MP3's folder and I select 75 files with my mouse, then right click and "Enqueue in Winamp". Winamp opens several sessions and I get tons of error messages for each mp3, Winamp seems to play each file in a different window and not in the same playlist... my system goes out of resources, it's a mess!
One thing that is really important is that this bug occurs only when using "Modern Skin" (MMD3 skin is the same problem), when I switch into Classic... no problems at all, I loads fine... fast, no errors, all in single playlist.

Excuse my English, I hope you understood.

Cheers
Old 30th October 2003, 01:42   #329
hi1fan

Winamp5 Beta 2 Bug

I posted the following on FileForum about Winamp5 beta 2 bugs, but I don't know if Nullsoft would read that so I'll cut and paste:

Well, you fixed all the problems I had a problem with since Beta1 (as far as I can tell so far), but you have an entirely new problem that almost makes me wish you had the other problems instead. When I use Winamp2 skins, I have the playlist to the right and pulled to the height of the main window and equalizer together. I can't do this with Winamp5 beta2 because every time it changes skins (I have it to change skins randomly when I use Winamp2 skins) it sets the playlist window to its default size. Please fix this ASAP or I will be forced to go back to your buggier Winamp5 beta1. I'm sorry, but this kind of thing just drives me crazy.

Rating: ****

Please address this bug in the final release. Thank you.
Old 30th October 2003, 03:46   #330
Lunas

Re: Winamp5 Beta 2 Bug

Quote:
Originally posted by hi1fan
I posted the following on FileForum about Winamp5 beta 2 bugs, but I don't know if Nullsoft would read that so I'll cut and paste:

Well, you fixed all the problems I had a problem with since Beta1 (as far as I can tell so far), but you have an entirely new problem that almost makes me wish you had the other problems instead. When I use Winamp2 skins, I have the playlist to the right and pulled to the height of the main window and equalizer together. I can't do this with Winamp5 beta2 because every time it changes skins (I have it to change skins randomly when I use Winamp2 skins) it sets the playlist window to its default size. Please fix this ASAP or I will be forced to go back to your buggier Winamp5 beta1. I'm sorry, but this kind of thing just drives me crazy.

Rating: ****

Please address this bug in the final release. Thank you.
I said this already and it only affects classic skins it doesnt save the size of the playlist it just puts it back to default on skin change or restarting winamp the modern skins do however perfectly retain all settings
Old 30th October 2003, 04:21   #331
hi1fan

Sorry for being redundant, Lunas but the Winamp5 bug forum was 9 pages long. I wasn't about to read the entire thing before posting, but at least I can be assured it's being worked on for the final release. Oh, and I said it only did that with Winamp2 skins. However, I was not aware it did that on startup too seeing as how I was so annoyed with having to constantly rechange the window after every song or every manual skin change that I put all the windows in their default location with default size until they fix this bug 'cuz I don't wanna have to change the size all the time. But thanks for letting me know you already posted that and that I was being redundant. But at least they know you're not the only one with the problem. Thanks Lunas and thanks Nullsoft. This is gonna be great when it's a final release.
Old 30th October 2003, 05:37   #332
SailorH

Send a message via ICQ to SailorH
I posted this is the Winamp 5 Beta 2 thread, but I figure it belongs here. Hope its not a repeat:

While using the modern skin with the Visualization attached to the main window:

1) open the visualization
2) drag a file from explorer to the main window
3) notice nothing happens.

If you switch to video or close the visualization window it seems to work fine.

-SailorH
Old 30th October 2003, 06:17   #333
m0e
This Space For Rent
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to m0e Send a message via AIM to m0e Send a message via Yahoo to m0e
I seem to have a problem with the Internet TV window in the media library. When I choose Internet TV the bottom of the right panel shows it searching and then displays the amount of streams available and the current number of viewers but the panel above remains blank. If I choose refresh it will tell me it can only refresh once a minute. After 3-4 tries the whole system freezes and I have to reboot, no error message just a frozen screen and the keyboard and mouse stop functioning. This worked fine with Winamp 2.91. I had the same problem with Winamp 5.0 beta1. The Internet Radio function works perfectly. The Now Playing window also seems to have no problem getting info from the web, although if I am listening to a stream and choose now playing I have to stop the stream and reconnect for the Now Playing window to connect to the stream website, by default it seems to load the Winamp/Nullsoft/AOL “links to purchase media” page.

Pentium III 865mhz
Gigabyte 6VX7-4X
192mb ram running at 99mhz
ATI Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro
Aureal AU8830 Vortex 3D Digital Audio Processor
ADMtek LNE 100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter
Windows 98SE
Winamp 5.0 beta2
DirectX 9.0b

I have the most recent/updated BIOS and drivers for the hardware.
Old 30th October 2003, 06:33   #334
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

@Omega X
Enable DAE in the CD input plugin
(requires winamp restart to take effect)
Winamp 5 Beta 2
WinXP PRO SP1
AMD Duron Processor
512Mb Memory
---------------------------------------
DAE was already enabled. I also tried adjusting buffers in DirectSound and changing input plug-ins but still it sputters.
Old 30th October 2003, 07:01   #335
AtiUser

Send a message via ICQ to AtiUser
The balance slider in WA5 Beta 2 doesn't work with DirectSound output.

Has anybody the same problem?

With Waveout as the default output plugin it works fine, I don't know if the slider worked in Beta 1.

Also the "milkdrop.html" file is missing in the setup, so the button "View Docs" in Milkdrop's configuration screen has no effect
Old 30th October 2003, 07:20   #336
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by AtiUser
The balance slider in WA5 Beta 2 doesn't work with DirectSound output.

Has anybody the same problem?

With Waveout as the default output plugin it works fine, I don't know if the slider worked in Beta 1.

Also the "milkdrop.html" file is missing in the setup, so the button "View Docs" in Milkdrop's configuration screen has no effect
bug reported.
Old 30th October 2003, 10:04   #337
Lunas

Quote:
Originally posted by hi1fan
Sorry for being redundant, Lunas but the Winamp5 bug forum was 9 pages long. I wasn't about to read the entire thing before posting, but at least I can be assured it's being worked on for the final release. Oh, and I said it only did that with Winamp2 skins. However, I was not aware it did that on startup too seeing as how I was so annoyed with having to constantly rechange the window after every song or every manual skin change that I put all the windows in their default location with default size until they fix this bug 'cuz I don't wanna have to change the size all the time. But thanks for letting me know you already posted that and that I was being redundant. But at least they know you're not the only one with the problem. Thanks Lunas and thanks Nullsoft. This is gonna be great when it's a final release.
i didn't really mean to try to shoot you down but it is kinds annoying personaly i like mine about 3 times as long as the default size so i can see more of my play list

is there a setting i can edit to make the default size longer?
Old 30th October 2003, 11:57   #338
start78

about milkdrop vis

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
afaik, that was a bug in milkdrop 1.04a
Vis window is NOT meant to close when hitting ESC button in fullscreen.
it shure is! look at the help in fullscreen:
it says "esc": exit plugin, "alt+enter": toggle fullscreen.
1.04 does exit on esc, but 1.04b only changes from fullscreen to window (maybe because of the build-in vis-window in modern skin).

personally i think it should work like this:
double-klick on visualisation (spectrum analyzer, etc.)/ctrl+shift+k: start vis in last used appearance.
esc: exit vis
for modern skin: open roll-up: start vis inside roll-up (now it starts to fullscreen, that's weird!).

for now i stick to 1.04, because i don't use the modern skin.

@cimmo:
never wondered why noone else seemed to have noticed the gaps between 2 mp3's?
Old 30th October 2003, 15:32   #339
sock

What about my internationalization thingie? =)

I'm gonna rephrase it in a better, shorter way:

In classic skins, there's an option to disable the use of skinned fonts in the main player window, to support non-English characters. However, this option does NOT currently apply to the Windowshade Mode of the Playlist Editor, which makes it display messed-up characters. This creates an inconsistency, as both the main player window and the expanded Playlist Editor display these characters correctly.

Screeny:

(The title is fine in the player window but not in the Playlist Windowshade)
Old 30th October 2003, 15:59   #340
OttoBufonto

Didn't see this being reported before was in beta1 and happens with beta2 as well.

System: XP SP1, PIV 2.4, 512 MB Dial-up connection (how last year - I know).
Laptop: Win2k, PIV 1.7, 512 MB, SP4 via LAN.

The problem is when I open the Media Library and click on Internet Radio or Internet TV.
When I have www connection all the time, all works as designed.
When I start Winamp while the machine is disconnected from the www, winamp fails top resolve the host immedeately. That is ok too.
Now I start Winamp with www connection and disconnect from www while I leave winamp running. Clicking on Internet radio now, the system stops responding for about 15 sec. Music continues to play, but equalizer stops and I can't select anything else in the ML like "local media" during that 15 sec.

I can reproduce this on Laptop by unplugging LAN cable.

Minor issue, but can be annoying.

Cheers,
Otto
Old 30th October 2003, 16:11   #341
coolieranx

when dragging a file from explorer into winamp's "Add file(s) to Playlist" dialog, the current playlist disappears, and is replaced by the file you just moved. This only happens when using winamp modern skins. winamp is unaffected when using classic skins.

this bug applies to both beta 1 & 2 of winamp5

specs:
Windows XP SP 1
Athlon XP 1800+, Shuttle AK31, 512MB RAM, Radeon 8500 LE, TB Santa Cruz
Old 30th October 2003, 16:48   #342
David983es

CDDB problem with beta2

I did a search and didn't fine anything that combined CDDB and beta 2 so here it is.

After inserting a CD for the first time with beta2, CDDB opens, connects, says "Success!" but then the Media Library says Unknown Artist and Unknown Album and under title, it just says Track ##.

In beta1, I did not have this problem. I installed beta2 over beta1 and all of the CD info stored in the in_cdda.cdb file was read fine.

Reinstalled beta1 over beta2, removed the in_cdda.cdb file and put in the same CD, opened Media Library and CDDB worked fine and loads the data into Media Library with no problem.

Reinstalled beta2 again and it reads the in_cdda.cdb file fine into the Media Library for said CD, but won't update correctly for a new (unseen previously) CD.

I've gone back to beta1 as most of the time I listen to CD's and like see the song titles not "unknown".

Other than that, great stuff.

Update: Can't seem to repeat the problem now. Maybe it was a bug with the Gracenote site. New CD are updating fine now.

Last edited by David983es; 30th October 2003 at 17:05.
Old 30th October 2003, 20:51   #343
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Small bug in Modern skin while playing module files.

the kbps field is supposed to show the channels (when playing modules).
If I play a file with 4 channels, the classic skin show "4c" in that field, while the modern skin shows "40000" in that field..

Nothing major..

However, I'm also against having only kbps and khz fields in the Modern default skin, since there are so many media formats that have some other form of information than kbps and khz.
Same thing goes with Mono/Stereo, aren't we past that now? This isn't just an audio player anymore, there's a need to be able to show more channels in the skin, especially in the default skin.

-Plague
Old 30th October 2003, 21:30   #344
snowman_buus

Send a message via ICQ to snowman_buus
Library bug???

I have a problem with the Library in Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and winamp 5 beta 2... It just shut Winamp 5 down, every time I try to load any files into it. Winamp 5 comes with a "DB read Failed, DB may be corrupted. If this error persists, remove all files from the library." -And I have done that... So will you please fix that...
-By the way, Winamp 5 is a totaly cool player! like the 2+3=5 -thing!
Old 30th October 2003, 21:42   #345
Helkite

Another bug. If you double click the scrolling song-name, you can open the File Info window. That is normal.

However, after you close the File Info window, the scrolling song-name still acts like you are holding down the mouse button, that is, it will still "follow" your cursor, even though you aren't.
Old 30th October 2003, 23:07   #346
spleef420

Send a message via AIM to spleef420 Send a message via Yahoo to spleef420
I get an error saying that the "format is unsupported" when a converted mp3 plays (converted from WMA Lossless using Advanced WMA Workshop, ripped with WMP9)
Old 31st October 2003, 02:54   #347
crack1ty

Send a message via ICQ to crack1ty Send a message via AIM to crack1ty
not a major bug or anything, especially since I turn the tooltips off, but with dual monitors and winamp in the second monitor, the tooltips appear on the first monitor. Note: only seems to happen with the "modern" skins

winXP matrox g450
Old 31st October 2003, 12:34   #348
ronial77

Library doesn't refresh info (W5 or 2.9?)

After Wimanp rescans the media folders, it doesn't update the info right away - You need to go out from the media view and return to it in order to see the updated info.
Old 31st October 2003, 16:33   #349
myhotelyear

i've had this problem with beta 1 and 2, no matter what skin i use. here's an example of what is happening to me: when i click on "misc" then go to "sort" then "by filename" the popup boxes are empty. you can still click on the space where the text should be, but i don't have everything memorized, so it's pretty tough for me. i've attached a picture of what i'm talking about since that will do a better job of explaining it.

this happens with all buttons (add, remove, etc) not just with misc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iviewcapture_date_31_10_2003_time_11_36_24.jpg (26.0 KB, 341 views)
Old 31st October 2003, 23:16   #350
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

IF you are Using any other skins /or Plugin's but the ones IN Winamp 5.

STOP reporting BUGS on the skins / plugin issues.

They will need to re-compile their skins with the sdk or whatever when winamp 5 goes final.

THESE ARE THE SKINS/PLUGINS fault

NOT winamp 5's

they aren't designed for winamp 5 yet..
Old 1st November 2003, 00:19   #351
Dipso

Beta 2 seems to have some crashes and hangs releated to the media library and refreshing directories, i havent quite figgured out what happens, but if the bug occurs, winamp starts freezing at start and i have to delete the configs and data related to ML in order for it to work again.

Also beta2 seems to have broken media keyboard API support (yes, i have read the known bugs thing, but im talking about the microsoft _STANDARD_ for multimedia keyboards, witch most new keyboards use, and that _was_ working in beta1)

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Old 1st November 2003, 02:51   #352
Araemo

Re: More bugs from the dragon

Ok, I've made some progress on this bug.. it mysteriously disappeared from one of my comps, so I went through between my two and tried to reproduce either the bug or the fix.. it seems that the problem is related to the media library. On one comp, this was an issue, and then I deleted everything from the media library and the titles for mods started showing up properly. This seems to get the titles working properly.
Now.. on the comp this bug disappeared from, I still had everything listed in my media library. But the bug wasn't happening until I went and looked at the file in the media library.. as soon as I re-started playing a mod, it dropped to the filename(Minus the extension) for the song title. Remove the single song from media library, restart playback: no change. ctrl-a in 'local media', right-click and 'remove from library', restart playback: title shows correctly

So, after more playing around: start with an empty media library, turn on 'use advanced title formatting if possible', make a playlist with mods. Play em and see that their titles are read properly.
Add your dir with the mods in it to the libary.
Play your mod again, watch it's title default back to the filename.
Clear the libary again and play the mod again: title returns to normal.

Also: you don't seem to have to remove EVERYTHING from the ML, just all mods.
Another note: Removing a single mod doesn't seem to help, even if thats the mod you're playing over and over again.

Work-around: Play mod before adding files to the libary
Add files the the libary, and close winamp5_beta2 before playing mods again.
restart winamp and do not open the media library, and mods seem to display their titles fine until you re-open the library. It looks to me like the media library doesn't really handle mods right still.

Quote:
Originally posted by Araemo
You're probably getting tired of me by now.. but anyways, here goes:
Advanced title formatting: Enabling it seems to make winamp ignore the titles from mod files.. (all my mods on my playlist now show by filename rather than title) turning off advanced title formatting fixes it..(Which is odd, since I noticed it has a similar formatting string in the in_mod.dll config page)
Advanced title formatting string:
code:
[%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

in_mod.dll title formatting string:
code:
$if2(%Title%,%filename%)[ (%part%)]

Oh, and even though someone added a old-school playlist button checkbox for
classic themes.. they didn't add one for modern! I think this is a serious bug! (j/k.. sorta.. gonna go post this in the wishlist.) This(Mod title strings) happened with both beta 1 and now beta 2... but it was low priority with my other issues. :P
Old 1st November 2003, 04:04   #353
myhotelyear

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazog
IF you are Using any other skins /or Plugin's but the ones IN Winamp 5.

STOP reporting BUGS on the skins / plugin issues.

They will need to re-compile their skins with the sdk or whatever when winamp 5 goes final.

THESE ARE THE SKINS/PLUGINS fault

NOT winamp 5's

they aren't designed for winamp 5 yet..
well, you posted this right after my post and i know it's not directed only at me, but i've attached a picture to show you that my bug not only occurs in skins made for v3 but also in the skins that come with v5. like i said already. crap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iviewcapture_date_31_10_2003_time_23_11_09.jpg (23.1 KB, 334 views)
Old 1st November 2003, 04:54   #354
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by myhotelyear
well, you posted this right after my post and i know it's not directed only at me, but i've attached a picture to show you that my bug not only occurs in skins made for v3 but also in the skins that come with v5. like i said already. crap.
Its crap eh?

Too bad i don't see annny Information we can use to reproduce it to fix it so it's not "crap"

Make sure you post your information to help us before you call it crap.
Old 1st November 2003, 06:19   #355
tsuchinoko

We're now on beta (not alpha) 2, yet I'm still witnessing this bizarre bug. Happened in beta 1 as well.

What you see in the attachment should be self-explanitory. My first reaction was "Uh, what the fuck?" The menu that's shown you can get to via right-clicking on the title bar area and going from there. The double-horizontal-line you see is cute too. ;-)

So, beta 1 and beta 2, out-of-the-box (without any configuration modifications or otherwise) do what you see there, except _with less_ "Winamp Modern" entries. I believe it comes with two shown. I have no idea what induces more of them; possibly changing colour schemes or changing skins (I have no skins installed other than the ones which come with stock Winamp 5).

I've literally uninstalled, deleted the \Program Files\Winamp directory, and even gone so far as to clean my registry (manually) of any entries which look to be Winamp-related. Still happens. The only thing I haven't tried is re-installing XP.

Also, another bug: the EasyMove option does absolutely nothing in Winamp Modern mode. Whee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w5_bug.jpg (62.3 KB, 366 views)
Old 1st November 2003, 06:22   #356
NeoChaos

Send a message via AIM to NeoChaos
I dunno if this is a bug or a config problem, but I'm reporting here just to be safe.

Basically, if Winamp 5 is closed while it is minimized (taskbar or system tray, doesn't matter which), then re-opened, only the playlist will show up when it starts again. Main window and equalizer comes up when the taskbar button or systray icon is clicked once. Skins don't matter - classic or modern, the playlist is the only window that pops up. Nothing major, just something strange I noticed.

Pentium 4 2.6 GHz
384 MB DDR RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon
Old 1st November 2003, 12:46   #357
iron2000

When I change any tag info in ML than load it to a playlist in the ML the song's playlist title still remain in the previous state despite the changes shown in the file info window.

Tried to update the song title in the playlist editor but it didn't change.

Restarted Winamp than update and it works but call ML out again the problem repeats on the unupdated tags.

Sorry if my English is bad this instance.

[EDIT]
Did a fold rescan and it all works now?!?

[EDIT2]
Problem returned. Pretty random.

Thanx

Last edited by iron2000; 1st November 2003 at 13:47.
Old 1st November 2003, 14:57   #358
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Ok, after a quick forum search, this glitch doesn't seem to have been reported yet:

After a week or so after Winamp 5, beta 2 (also with 2.91) installation, the "Internet Radio" section of the Media Library decides to stop working and just pops-up with a "Can't Display Table!" message. Here's some screenshots:

the "Can't Open Table" error upon winamp startup:
http://scyth.vze.com/images/waerror1.jpg

What shows-up when attempting to load "Internet Radio":
http://scyth.vze.com/images/waerror2.jpg

Note that this glitch also happens in Winamp 2.91 as well as Winamp 5, beta 2.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 1st November 2003, 20:46   #359
code65536

Video Window Resizing

(I run Winamp with the auto resize video window option turned on and with the classic skin...)

In Winamp 2.91/2.95, if I load a video file during the playback of another video file, the video window will automatically resize to the resolution of the new video.

In Winamp 5 Beta 1 and Beta 2, if I load a video during the playback of another, the window does NOT resize, and the new video is played with the old window size. (However, if I close the window before loading the new file, the window correctly resizes.) I've tried toggling the auto resize option on and off, and it didn't help.

[Merged: (154820) --Sawg]
Old 1st November 2003, 21:48   #360
Lion King
Major Dude

Re: Re: More bugs from the dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Araemo
Add your dir with the mods in it to the libary.
Play your mod again, watch it's title default back to the filename.
in_mod doesn't have a metadata interface for the library like in_mp3 and in_vorbis, the library doesn't get the title info

does unchecking 'prefs > library > library options > use library data for winamp title formatting' help?

edit: just tried it, it works
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports