Old 2nd December 2003, 20:55   #361
wdekler

Waveout output v2.0.2a error while trying to play a M4A file.

I created the file by importing it in Itunes, encoded it at 160kbps and tagged it with tag&rename.

I am using the m4a tag plugin (in_zm4a?) so that may also be the culprit (?)

Of the 5 files which I created, only one produces this error. However, the same file plays fine with a different player.

The exact message is:

Unsupported PCM format (6370413 Hz, 0 bits per sample, 0 channels). Please change format settings in input plug-in configuration or change output device in waveout plug-in configuration.

Error code:32
Windows error message:
"The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the Capabilities function to determine the supported formats."

My system specs are:

Windows XP SP1 (with all critical windowsupdates & latest directx)
P4 2,4gHz 512MB
Terratec DMX Fire 1024 soundcard
Old 2nd December 2003, 20:58   #362
Sawg

Your input plugin is broke. Try this one instead:
http://www.audiocoding.com/download.php

Old 2nd December 2003, 21:03   #363
wdekler

Thanks for the very fast solution! It works fine now.
Old 2nd December 2003, 21:42   #364
wdekler

Well after some more testing... it seems that this update creates a different problem...

I've created the 5 files again and tagged them with tag&rename. When I use winamp (without the in_zm4.dll) the files show up without taginfo but play correctly.

However, when I add in_zm4.dll and try to view the tags the files get corrupted as soon as I view them. (length set to zero, other player also fails).

Is there another plugin which I can use to get the taginfo displayed correctly in the medialibrary?

My system specs are:

Windows XP SP1 (with all critical windowsupdates & latest directx)
P4 2,4gHz 512MB
Terratec DMX Fire 1024 soundcard
Old 2nd December 2003, 21:52   #365
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Please do not report problems with 3rd-party plugins here.

Read the first post in this thread & the known bugs thread first.
This thread is intended for native Winamp 5.0rc8 bugs only,
not for tech support or discussion.
Thank you.

Old 2nd December 2003, 23:16   #366
slipvayne

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but every now and then my mouse scroll and even arrow keys won't work properly in the playlist window (if I try to scroll through the playlist or even move up and down songs, it will increase/reduce the volume instead
Old 3rd December 2003, 01:06   #367
LSD

Where can I read about the Windows messages that can be sent to Winamp 5 from another application in order to control it? You, know, that WM_COMMAND thingy I neet it quite a lot. Thanx.
Old 3rd December 2003, 02:44   #368
Zordok

Advanced Titles, again

Winamp 5.0 RC8
Duron 1300
Win2K
512mb DDR RAM

The presence (or absence, actually) of text in a ID3 field seems to affect the displayed title.
First off, I am using:
[%artist% - ]$if(%album%,%album%$if(%tracknumber%, '('$num(%tracknumber%,2)')',) - ,)$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))
as my advanced title format string.
So I expect something like:
Flogging Molly - Swagger (07) - The Likes of You Again
on a completely tagged mp3. This works perfectly
But when the mp3 has incomplete tags (most notably missing track#), weirdness happens. It looks like it picks a random number for the track#... example: (the mp3 in question has title, album, and artist fields filled in both ID3 v. 1.1 and 2.3 but not track#)
KMFDM - Nihil (4294967295) - Trust
Another example: (this mp3 has only artist and title, neither album nor track#, in both ID3 v. 1 and 2)
Skinny Puppy - KMFDM (4294967295) - Addiction (1st Dose)
(ok, so maybe not a completly random number...)
The filenames for the two files in question are:
D:\MP3s\Electronica\KMFDM\[Kmfdm] Trust.mp3
D:\MP3s\Electronica\KMFDM\kmfdm - Addiction (Skinny Puppy Remix).mp3

I have unchecked the "use library metadata for playlist title-formatting" option (haven't built a library yet though...) and it helped (kind of - it used to display 'KMFDM - KMFDM - [KMFDM] Trust'). As I understand it, Adv titles trumps input plugin titles (and it seems to, since changing the title formatting in the mp3 input plugin didn't change the display).
Old 3rd December 2003, 03:00   #369
jaredean

Bug where winamp below screen

version: Winamp 5.0rc8 11/19/03:
Computer: windows XP Pro (latest patches) / P4 1.4 / 1 gig ram / dual monitor / dual video card (radeon 7000 / nvidia geForce2mx)

i have my computer set as a dual monitor and keep winamp on the second monitor at the bottom...today i opened the Playlist and it "bumped" the main window below the bottom of the screen so i can't grab it to bring it back...any suggestions would be appreciated...

jared
Old 3rd December 2003, 03:20   #370
Sloth

Disappearing text

@WhiteRayven, I've never had any version of Winamp installed on my current system other than RC8. However, I had the Lite version of RC8 installed first. I did an uninstall of that before installing the full version, though.

I found that the text in the ML also messes up like this:
1.) Click on the Winamp agent to open Winamp.
2.) Click on the ML button to open the Media Library.
3.) Click on the Internet Radio view, and let it download the radio list.
4.) Close the ML.
5.) Close Winamp.
6.) Click on the Agent button and open Winamp again.
7.) Click on the ML button.
8.) Scroll the list of radio stations.

The text messes up the most when I use the scroll down arrow, but it also messes up if I use the scrollbar or mouse wheel. If no one else is seeing this, than it must be something on my system.

WinXP Home SP1 - All eyecandy turned on
1024x768@75hz 32-bit(96 dpi)
GeForce4 Ti4200 - 44.03 drivers
Winamp Agent * Notifications turned on
Modern Skin
Old 3rd December 2003, 03:33   #371
Tanarin

@slipvayne:
How exactly do you get this to happen, it si sounding like it could be that you don't have focus on the playlist window and instead have it on the main window. If that is the case then what you are experienceing is completely normal, otherwise please post something on how to recreate it and I'll see if I can comfirm it on my end.
Old 3rd December 2003, 03:43   #372
dwilliss

Version: Winamp 5 RC8
System: 2.4GHz P4, 784Meg RAM, BFHD.

In the list at the bottom of the media library, the Play Selection action (double click a line or hilight it and hit enter or right click and pick "Play Selection" off the menu) plays the selection fine, but also enqueues EVERYTHING in the list.

Not really a "show stopper" but mildly annoying.
Old 3rd December 2003, 03:51   #373
dwilliss

Version: Winamp 5 RC8, but probably has nothing to do with Winamp itself.

In the "Now Playing" window in the ML, I don't know where it gets the Biography information, but I found this biography rather humorous:
Quote:
Not to be confused with the new age composer of the same name, Gandalf is a death-metal band from Finland whose more traditional metal sound links them with Sweden's Entombed and Finland's own Sentenced , among others, rather than the more experimental Scandinavian bands such as Emperor...
I was, in fact, listening to the new age composer, not the Finnish death-metal band
Old 3rd December 2003, 03:51   #374
EAK125

Send a message via AIM to EAK125 Send a message via Yahoo to EAK125
@ Metshrine - (sorry for the late reply)
There is a wierd option in the elecard settings to change that. I have the codec too and it took me forever to find it!

To get to the settings you need a player that will let you get to the codec options like Media Player Classic (http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/ - scroll down) then go into the Elecard Mpeg 2 Demultiplexor options (in MPV=rightclick on the vid>filters>elecard mpeg 2 demultiplexor) In there there is the seeking method - choose PTS instead of bitrate and set it as the default. That should fix your timestamp problems!

(EAK)

...Do not forget to mention, when the time and
Place are appropriate, that I am an Ass.
---Much Ado About Nothing - Act 5 Scene 1
Old 3rd December 2003, 08:04   #375
slipvayne

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanarin
@slipvayne:
How exactly do you get this to happen, it si sounding like it could be that you don't have focus on the playlist window and instead have it on the main window. If that is the case then what you are experienceing is completely normal, otherwise please post something on how to recreate it and I'll see if I can comfirm it on my end.
Well it was focussed on the playlist window and still doing it. There was no real way to cause it to happen, it just happened. and also sometimes when you click on a song in the playlist and press the Del key, it won't delete the song from the playlist. This was in beta 2, I upgraded to rc8 after I posted this, and it hasnt happened yet
Old 3rd December 2003, 09:30   #376
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@EAK125
You can also get to the codec/filter options through Winamp.
The video needs to be playing first though,
then bring up the File Info box,
and double click relevant codec/filter.

@dwilliss
Prefs -> Media Library -> Library Options
Uncheck the two relevant options under "doubleclick/enter options"

@jaredean
There's a few workarounds. Here's a couple of them:
Put the playlist in windowshade mode,
the main window should then move back up the screen.
Alternatively, close winamp and delete studio.xnf (winamp dir).
This will restore all default sizes/positions for modern skin(s)
Old 3rd December 2003, 14:53   #377
themast

Send a message via AIM to themast
Hey, just want to say I think RC8 is your guys' best piece of work yet! The modern skin is kickass. One thing I did notice though from beta2 to RC8 is that I'm a Litestep user and Winamp will follow me through my virtual desktops even if I have that option deselected in the prefs. I reverted to beta 2 to see if this was just something I didn't notice before, but it works fine there.
Old 3rd December 2003, 16:13   #378
IRiDiuM

Send a message via ICQ to IRiDiuM
I hate to be annoying, but I've been stuck listening to the same music I have locally for a day or two now, I'm itching for something online... I was just wondering whether anyone else has any suggestions as to what I might try or how I might find prove whether this really is some sort of winamp bug or not?

I'm on windows XP, behind a router and everything else works (including winamp 2, which I'll revert to if there is no solution to this).

Just seems that winamp's net code refuses to work. I've tried all of the possible net settings and it seems not to have any effect.
Old 3rd December 2003, 16:23   #379
The{Rain}

- Sometime Winamp hangs up when starting to play a video file, also if it's normally seekable
- Winamp doesn't play a WMA file lossless encoded
- It's impossible to fill all the fileds when try to send new album's information to the internet CD database
Old 3rd December 2003, 20:05   #380
EAK125

Send a message via AIM to EAK125 Send a message via Yahoo to EAK125
The Incredible Edible Egg!

Just when I thought I had winamp all figured out - you show me options I've always wanted that were already there!!! U've given me all the more reason to delete other players and use winamp exclusively (as if I didn't already!)

...Do not forget to mention, when the time and
Place are appropriate, that I am an Ass.
---Much Ado About Nothing - Act 5 Scene 1
Old 4th December 2003, 00:40   #381
wizardrh

Send a message via ICQ to wizardrh
Crash bug in standard install

I am using:
WinAMP 5 rc8 (fresh install, old school skin)
Asus a7n8x deluxe AMD 2600+
Windows 2000 Professional, NTFS

WinAMP 5 crashes when denying write access to its installation directory.

To reproduce:
1. Add 'everyone' (or the current uiser/group) in security of the installation directory, and deny write-access.
2. Shut down winamp
3. Restart winamp by double-clicking on a mp3-file.

What follows: a 0-ptr dereference at
0x0164827D (references adress 0x00000028)
Old 4th December 2003, 03:52   #382
RoyalEF

Winamp 5 RC8, WinXP SP1
The titles displayed are often not the filename or the ID3 tag. So where is it getting the title from? I removed ID3V1 tags because different programs handled multiple tags inconsistently. Is it caching the old tag? How can I get it to update. I've RESCAN'd and did Clean Ups.

Advanced Title format:
%tracknumber% [%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

here's an example:

Filename: Billy Idol - White Wedding (Parts I & II).mp3
ID3v1 tag: none present
ID3v2 Tag: Title : White Wedding (Parts I & II)
ID3v2 Tag: Artist: Billy Idol
ID3v2 Tag: Track : 02

Title Displayed: "02 Billy Idol - White Wedding, Pt. 1"
Old 4th December 2003, 03:56   #383
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Crash bug in standard install

Quote:
Originally posted by wizardrh
I am using:
WinAMP 5 rc8 (fresh install, old school skin)
Asus a7n8x deluxe AMD 2600+
Windows 2000 Professional, NTFS

WinAMP 5 crashes when denying write access to its installation directory.

To reproduce:
1. Add 'everyone' (or the current uiser/group) in security of the installation directory, and deny write-access.
2. Shut down winamp
3. Restart winamp by double-clicking on a mp3-file.

What follows: a 0-ptr dereference at
0x0164827D (references adress 0x00000028)
Well winamp needs write access to work properly, it adds to files such as ML and AVS.

I dunno how they could fix this, if its Required for winamp to function
Old 4th December 2003, 04:03   #384
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
@RoyalEF

What it's doing is using the filename. It'd be great to have the option to disable file-name title retrieval only. You can turn off reading metatags and filenames, but not just filenames. It's just annoying to see "My Shared Folder" as the album name.

Dunno if that would be considered a "feature" or not, and if they'd do it.
Old 4th December 2003, 09:15   #385
hedge

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeOfEpsilon
@RoyalEF

What it's doing is using the filename. It'd be great to have the option to disable file-name title retrieval only. You can turn off reading metatags and filenames, but not just filenames. It's just annoying to see "My Shared Folder" as the album name.

yeah that annoys me too, i'd like to dispaly the album names in my playlists, but when there is no album tag it should display nothing, instead of this 'smart' autodetection thingo...
Old 4th December 2003, 16:39   #386
wizardrh

Send a message via ICQ to wizardrh
@Dazog

It might be necessary for winamp to have write access to the install directory; I've got no problem with that.
But winamp should NOT crash when it's not getting it. It took a lot of time to track this down; a friendly message and refusing to start up would be nice.
Old 4th December 2003, 17:23   #387
Tanarin

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeOfEpsilon
@RoyalEF

@EdgeofEpsilon

I dunno where you got the idea it is using the file name, but it is definately NOT using it.

Quote:
Originally posted by RoyalEF

Filename: Billy Idol - White Wedding (Parts I & II).mp3
ID3v1 tag: none present
ID3v2 Tag: Title : White Wedding (Parts I & II)
ID3v2 Tag: Artist: Billy Idol
ID3v2 Tag: Track : 02

Title Displayed: "02 Billy Idol - White Wedding, Pt. 1"
Note by looking at the supplied info, Winamp SHLULD be displaying it's title as 02 Billy Idol - White Wedding Parts I & II, yet we are getting 02 Billy Idol - White Wedding, Pt. 1 instead. I'm just wondering, does the Advanced Title Format use any header info from a file other than the ID3 Tag stuff, and them compares it to a database? The reason I ask is because that is what it looks like it is doing, since obviously there is no "Pt. 1" in that format anywhere in the info RoyalRF gave us.
Old 4th December 2003, 17:26   #388
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by wizardrh
@Dazog

It might be necessary for winamp to have write access to the install directory; I've got no problem with that.
But winamp should NOT crash when it's not getting it. It took a lot of time to track this down; a friendly message and refusing to start up would be nice.
I agree, But since u are disallowing it to do what it needs to do, It won't be fixed ASAP, I will mention it and see if it will be fixed eventually.
Old 4th December 2003, 20:39   #389
sishgupta

Quote:
Originally posted by sishgupta
I dont know if this has been posted allready, but i spent the time figuring out the cause of the crash and then i took the time of registering here (not really that long).
I read this thread and saw a vague mention of it but the poster didnt really say much to help.

To Post A Good Bug Report Include the Following:
Winamp Version: 5.0 RC8
System Specs: AMD Tbird 1.4 ghz, 256mb ram, 64mb ddr radeon (VIVO)
Windows OS: XP + SP1
I am running litestep 0.24.7
And the bug does still exist after i remove the only 3rd party plugin i use (enhancer)

I installed rc8 and it crashed right away. So i fresh installed and it worked well. Then i started to set up my options and everything worked well until the next time i opened winamp.
I would get a couple second pause and then the whole "Winamp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..." Id click the "click here" for more info and it would say:
"Error signature, appname:winamp.exe appver:5.0.0.0 modname:gen_ff.dll modver:0.0.0.0 offset:0001460c"

so i uninstalled and reinstalled and did the classic version, and this problem didnt arise. not good enough for me. i wanted the modern skin.

anyway after a couple more runs of trial and error i figured the problem only happens in the modern skin when I enable "Always on litestep virtual desktops" in the prefs and then i have to close and reopen winamp.

Despite this bug, i find winamp 5 rc8 to be a very well made media player, i look forward to the final release and many other releases in the future. Thank you for your long hours in creating us a world class media player.
Has this been adressed at all? this is from page 5. No mods said anything about it so i assumed that some problems were noted but there was no time to mention that it was noted.
However today some circumstances have led me to belive that this isnt fixed in even the builds that the mods have.
Old 4th December 2003, 21:33   #390
RSchulz

Winamp 5.0 rc 8 Extremem RAM Consumption

Sorry about misusing the forum -- I posted a bug report in a new topic instead of here.

-==-

I found Winamp 5.0 rc 8 consuming over 400 megabytes of RAM on my system (Windows 2000, SP4, up-to-date patches). I didn't notice the problem until I looked at the Performance pane of the Task Manager since my system has 1GB of RAM installed.

I noticed this one morning but I hadn't used Winamp since the night before (it was trayed), so I cannot really say much about what led up to it. I know I had been loading songs into the playlist mostly to check out the tags they bore. These were all Ogg Vorbis files. I'd routinely clear the playlist before loading another batch. The batches were album-sized (on the order of a dozen tracks each, roughly). There were not a great many such batches overall. I probably played a little audio, too, but not much. I'm sure I cancelled many of the tracks before they ran to their end.

Randall Schulz

Last edited by RSchulz; 4th December 2003 at 23:11.
Old 4th December 2003, 22:42   #391
cyocum

Winamp5rc8 Dying

I downloaded and installed Winamp5rc8 the other night. When it asked me to move from Winamp3 with all of my skins I agreed. I normally run with the Belldandy skin that I got on this site which is normally used in winamp3. I wanted to play all my mp3's and I had loaded them in the media library. I wanted to enqueue them in the play list so I tried to open it when I had the medial library open as well. Winamp5rc8 died immediately. It only does this with the http://www.winamp.com/skins/detail.j...onentId=119769 Belldandy skin (I have no other skins installed so I have not tried any others). I did not look closely at this thread so I apologize in advance if you already know of this problem. I really like winamp and wanted to let you guys know. Thanks!
Old 4th December 2003, 23:05   #392
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Read:
1) first post in this thread
2) known bugs -> not bugs
Old 4th December 2003, 23:23   #393
decreene

i dont know if this is a bug or not or if its manually fixable.. but when i insert a cd, gracenote reads it properly and everything is displayed properly in the playlist (artist - titles) but when i play a song, the song in the playlist changes to (artist - E,[tracknumber]) is there a way to fix this? or is it a bug?
Old 5th December 2003, 00:05   #394
IceBerg

when using litestep + thunderbird(mozilla mail client) + WA5 it obliterates the processor. I dont know how to test what is causing it, Im going to pass the word to the Mozilla team, as it seems to be TB that gets out of controle, so that is probably not a WA5 problem, but just a heads up on it.

Last edited by IceBerg; 5th December 2003 at 00:27.
Old 5th December 2003, 02:01   #395
maglitz

Windows XP -- RC8
Custom Box
P4 2.4, ATI 9800 AIW PRO
-----------
This is a minor issue but might cause some others trouble later on.
I have ATI's Hydravision --> HydraFX --> Enable Window Fade-In enabled on my machine, and when I tried to run W5 for the first time, the program would hang. I restarted and noticed a window attempting to open, so I disabled the window fade in, started W5 again and had no problems after that point. The actual program works fine with the fade in, it just fails to open the window asking for email and registration data.
Figured this could cause problems for less experienced users.
~maglitz
Old 5th December 2003, 04:04   #396
Tanarin

@RSchulz

The memory issue has been brought up earlier in the thread. It is a memory leak in the modern skin while it is minimized. You can either switch to the classic skin for the time being, leave winamp maxmized when you are AFK or close down winapm when not in use. Hopefully it will be fixed for Final.
Old 5th December 2003, 04:05   #397
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by IceBerg
when using litestep + thunderbird(mozilla mail client) + WA5 it obliterates the processor. I dont know how to test what is causing it, Im going to pass the word to the Mozilla team, as it seems to be TB that gets out of controle, so that is probably not a WA5 problem, but just a heads up on it.
thunderbird is alpha

its so unstable no wonder
Old 5th December 2003, 04:47   #398
Lunas

The resize bug of the play list is back every time the song switches while random skin is set it reverts to default sizes

winamp 5 rc10 was fixed in rc8 is now broken agian in rc10

now i cant get it to work agian in rc8

can you include a part where we could manualy set the dementions of the play list like define it as a set 45 x 180 or what not

Last edited by Lunas; 5th December 2003 at 05:17.
Old 5th December 2003, 04:56   #399
hi1fan

Annoying Bug

This may have been reported already, there's too much to read and I want to make sure Nullsoft fixes this in the next release but I'm using Winamp5 RC 8 Beta, and there's still the annoying bug from Winamp5 Beta 2 that was promised would be fixed by next beta and still isn't fixed.

Anyway, the bug is as follows:

Whenever I use Winamp2 skins (Classic Skins) and change the skin either manually or automatically (with the random skin option), the playlist automatically changes back to default size. I normally keep the playlist on the side, so naturally I keep it stretched down to cover the height of the main window and equalizer together, but I can't do that now 'cuz every time the skin changes, the playlist goes back to its default size. This is extremely annoying and I really wish Nullsoft would fix this bug by next release. Beta 1 didn't do this and neither did any of the Winamp2 releases. I just don't understand why this became an issue with Beta 2, and more importantly, still an issue with RC 8 Beta. Please fix this, I beg you.
Old 5th December 2003, 05:26   #400
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Annoying Bug

Quote:
Originally posted by hi1fan
This may have been reported already, there's too much to read and I want to make sure Nullsoft fixes this in the next release but I'm using Winamp5 RC 8 Beta, and there's still the annoying bug from Winamp5 Beta 2 that was promised would be fixed by next beta and still isn't fixed.

Anyway, the bug is as follows:

Whenever I use Winamp2 skins (Classic Skins) and change the skin either manually or automatically (with the random skin option), the playlist automatically changes back to default size. I normally keep the playlist on the side, so naturally I keep it stretched down to cover the height of the main window and equalizer together, but I can't do that now 'cuz every time the skin changes, the playlist goes back to its default size. This is extremely annoying and I really wish Nullsoft would fix this bug by next release. Beta 1 didn't do this and neither did any of the Winamp2 releases. I just don't understand why this became an issue with Beta 2, and more importantly, still an issue with RC 8 Beta. Please fix this, I beg you.
Did you Clean Install RC10?

Also I can't produce this with Rc11
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports