Old 30th November 2003, 13:35   #321
Gotenks80

I upgraded from version 5.0 beta2 to rc8 and immediatly I've found these problems (not presents in the first one):

1) Using animation to open/close the vis/video window, the main window seems to "decompose" at the bottom when closing the vis/video one.

2) Now it's not possibile to set the opacity/scale for the windowshade mode apart from the main window: they share these settings.

3) In MMD3 skin I noticed problems with the video window which is different from the the others for vis/playlist. Also the "colortheme" drawer shows a pink bar for the selected color without the text inside (These problems were not present in the beta2 version).
Old 30th November 2003, 16:07   #322
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
I got an error with the modern skin on windows shutdown if winamp is open. windows can't close the program.

- sorry for my english -

o_0
Old 30th November 2003, 17:05   #323
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks80
I upgraded from version 5.0 beta2 to rc8 and immediatly I've found these problems (not presents in the first one):

1) Using animation to open/close the vis/video window, the main window seems to "decompose" at the bottom when closing the vis/video one.

2) Now it's not possibile to set the opacity/scale for the windowshade mode apart from the main window: they share these settings.

3) In MMD3 skin I noticed problems with the video window which is different from the the others for vis/playlist. Also the "colortheme" drawer shows a pink bar for the selected color without the text inside (These problems were not present in the beta2 version).
Make sure you UNINSTALL beta 2 before installing RC8
Old 30th November 2003, 17:56   #324
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I can second that VOODOOpowers bug.

To reproduce, restart/shutdown, windows while winamp has a song playing, and a modern skin (default)

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 30th November 2003, 18:17   #325
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
I do not have to play a song... I get this error already through open winamp with modern skin.

o_0
Old 30th November 2003, 18:40   #326
ZeosPantera

I had a little problem with (of all things) Stop.. I had about 20 short 11 sec Mpgs in the playlist and I went to click stop toward the end of a clip (classic Skin) , instead of stopping it just went to the next track intantly. It happened ALL the time whilst probing the problem. and I found there was still at least 5 seconds remaining when I clicked stop so I dont think its a crossfading or prebuffer thing. and the problem doesnt happen @7 sec remaining only 5 or less. And it happens click or shortcut key(V).

WinXP Sp1
Rc8
blah balh

The King of all that is Evil.
Old 30th November 2003, 18:51   #327
ZeosPantera

OK.. Blah blah doesnt cover it SO>
winXP Pro Sp1
rc8
Ati Radeon 9500 Pro 128
Audigy 1
soyo dragon kt400
512 pc3200
athlon 2400+
and the case is bright orange, black and silver...
www.angelfire.com/ultra/zeos

The King of all that is Evil.
Old 30th November 2003, 19:00   #328
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Uhhh, have you check in
Prefs-> Plugins-> Ouput ->DirectSound

And poke around for the cross fading options
that may be it.

And did you clean install?

Old 30th November 2003, 19:26   #329
Metshrine

When viewing certain mpeg files that had encoding errors, it tends to crash the player. Is there a way we can make the player simply skip the poorly encoded portions of the video and jump say 5 seconds instead of causing it to crash? I am using winamp 5 rc8 and using a geforce4 ti 4200 and a sound blaster audigy mp3+ with an athlon 1.3ghz and 1024mb ram.
Old 30th November 2003, 19:43   #330
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by VOODOOpower
I do not have to play a song... I get this error already through open winamp with modern skin.
What error do you get?

The windows cannot close this application error?

or is there a winamp error that appears?
Old 30th November 2003, 19:45   #331
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I usually get the windows cannot close this application... Which I think is normal, cause I get that for ccApp(symantec) too sometimes.

Old 30th November 2003, 22:21   #332
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
RE: This post
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@ lordsky
3. Hmm, that sounds a bit strange.
Can you possibly upload the mp3 to some webspace (zip it up first to prevent streaming) and provide a link?
At first, I thought it might have a Lyrics3 tag, but ID3v2 overrides Lyrics3, and I don't think Winamp recognizes APE v2.0 tags ???

Alas, I still can't reproduce problems 1 & 2 Anyone else?
I think it happens whenever the albums field is not filled in.

Also noticed that if the tracknumber field is empty, I get a -1 instead of it not displaying.

Update: upon further investigation I think it's the smart/simple metadata detection system that causing the bogus displays. This happens even if the file is not in the library. I wish there was a way for it not to use any detection method and just use the filename+extention.

Song I was referring to:
http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...sc.mp3&.src=bc

Another song that does the same:
http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...=e.mp3&.src=bc

problem #1 seems to only affect PII. I tried it on a P4 and I don't get the same problem.

Last edited by lordsky; 30th November 2003 at 23:12.
Old 30th November 2003, 22:44   #333
EdgeOfEpsilon

Send a message via ICQ to EdgeOfEpsilon Send a message via AIM to EdgeOfEpsilon
This is more a bug with the Nullsoft Global Hotkeys plugin. The "Display Notification" doesn't work if you disable notifications when <condition> and that condition is met. It should display it regardless.
Old 1st December 2003, 06:14   #334
Tanarin

Quote:
Originally posted by xelim

Problem:

While Winamp main window is open it uses about 10 megs of RAM (Sometimes more sometimes less), if it is minimized it uses around 3 megs ram. so far so good. but if i do minimize while playlist window is openned too, the ram usage begins at 3 megs, but grows with time. i waited till it got 12 megs (still minimized) than restorod the winamp window it dropped to 10 megs. minimized againe it dropped to 3 megs again, but was growing with time, again. this does not happen if the playlist window is closed when i minimize winamp.

ps: the time span is not seconds, but minutes, it took me 10 minutes to reach that 12 megs ram, but since it wouldnt stop growing i decided to report it. [/B]
System Specs:
Windows XP Pro SP 1a
Winamp 5 RC8
1.0 Gzh Athlon Duron Processor
384 Megs RAM
ATI Radeon 7500 PCI
SIS 7012 Series Audio Controller using the C-Media Codecs
Direct X 9.0b
Fresh Install running along side a previous Winamp 2.9 and Winamp 3 install(Note: I did not choose to bring over anything from the other installs I just made a new directory for it.)

I am getting this same bug, but I am also getting it when the playlist is closed. With the playlist closed it seems to stop around 16 Megs as reported earlier, but with the playlist open I have gotten it to go higher (I maxmized the program when it hit about 20 Megs RAM) Now I am not an expert in programming or anyhthing and I know you don't want any theories as to what the problem is from me, but it seems like there is a memory leak in the code somewhere. As for where exactly it is, hell if I know.
Old 1st December 2003, 06:54   #335
Carnicero

Advanced Title Formatting doesn't kick in until a song plays for me.

I posted a complaint about the lack of space between the playlist entries and the edge of the info area. Someone suggested I use Advanced Title Formatting and put spaces before the string and it works. I have Winamp set to load the songs information on load, but the spaces are not added until the song plays.
Old 1st December 2003, 17:35   #336
IRiDiuM

Send a message via ICQ to IRiDiuM
I have no idea whether this is in the right place to say this, and I'm not sure if this really classes as a bug.

But winamp can't use any functionality that involves the internet since I installed WA5rc8. The installer couldn't even 'confirm my installation' (or whatever it is that happens when you install it). I can't list radio stations in the media library or connect to any radio stations.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?

As far as I know, nothing else that uses the internet is broken, only seems to be winamp, which seems very strange. Any ideas?
Old 1st December 2003, 17:56   #337
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ IRiDiuM
1. Check your firewall config
2. Make sure the correct connection type is selected in Winamp Prefs

@ Carnicero
Playlist -> Sel -> Select all
Playlist -> Misc -> misc -> read extended info...
Playlist -> Manage Playlist/List button -> save playlist (for backup/reload)

@ lordsky
There's definitely something weird going on there,
but I'm not sure what exactly.
I only downloaded the first mp3, but I had to add it to the library and edit the metadata to get the playlist to display anything different than 'sc' for title...
The only slightly non-standard aspects of the file are 32KHz sample-rate & encoded by old Gogo Encoder . . . but whether that is relevant or not is a different matter (tested with: Tag frontend, EncSpot, MP3Utility, and other utilities)

@Tanarin & xelim
I can't reproduce the memory leak issue
Anyone else?
Old 1st December 2003, 17:56   #338
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Did you uninstall the the old beta first?
Did you uninstall and reinstall rc8?

try that

Old 1st December 2003, 18:40   #339
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@ DG Egg, I have been able to reproduce that memory leak

Old 1st December 2003, 18:44   #340
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, I see it using memory, like any program/multimedia player would.
But I don't see it leaking memory.

btw, it's a J not a G . . . as in DJ
Old 1st December 2003, 19:00   #341
Gotenks80

Quote:
Make sure you UNINSTALL beta 2 before installing RC8
Of course I've unistalled the old version before installing the rc8. Now I've repeated this operation, but the problems still remain.
Old 1st December 2003, 19:19   #342
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Check out the screenie I attached, this is after I optimized my ram using tweakxp pro (a util that allows you to clear unused dlls from ram) and starting winamp fresh to test this bug. After I start play play back it drops down to around 10 megs

Ok so after some investigation I think I can conclude that the memory being used is normal. The notification uses about 2 megs. But the funny thing is is that when the notification is disabled the mem usage is higher on average at around 10 megs.

I dunno what is causing it, but after a great deal of fecking around I notcied that there are a great many things that contribute to RAM usage. ie: which menu in the drawer on the default skin is in focus, even if the drawer is closed.

Old 1st December 2003, 19:19   #343
IRiDiuM

Send a message via ICQ to IRiDiuM
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
1. Check your firewall config
2. Make sure the correct connection type is selected in Winamp Prefs
This is probably going to turn out to be something that is really stupid and my fault, but I'm certain the correct settings are in place and they simply aren't working

What's strange is nothing has changed between it working and not working other than trying to install a new version of winamp. I've even uninstalled everything and started from scratch and I still seem to have the same problem..

[edit]

Winamp 2 seems to work fine and as expected, and everything else also seems to work fine.. seems to be localized to winamp 5.

If I go to the 'Internet Radio' tab, it says 'Connecting to master server list host..' Then it changes to '[Connected] Retrieving list (0 bytes)' And does nothing until quite a bit later until it says '[Error] connecting to host'

I am behind a router, but I doubt that should have anything to do with it. I've always used the 'LAN/Always on' before, and I'm not using any software firewall
Old 1st December 2003, 19:25   #344
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Check out the screenie I attached, this is after I optimized my ram using tweakxp pro (a util that allows you to clear unused dlls from ram) and starting winamp fresh to test this bug. After I start play play back it drops down to around 10 megs

Ok so after some investigation I think I can conclude that the memory being used is normal. The notification uses about 2 megs. But the funny thing is is that when the notification is disabled the mem usage is higher on average at around 10 megs.

I dunno what is causing it, but after a great deal of fecking around I notcied that there are a great many things that contribute to RAM usage. ie: which menu in the drawer on the default skin is in focus, even if the drawer is closed.

[edit]
Whoops, sry about the double post, I was tring to get the file size down.

And I forgot to metion that winamp NEVER EVER went over 15MB of RAM, and on any modern system thats peanuts. Most of that usage I beleive is from the moderskins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ttt.jpg (89.9 KB, 306 views)

Old 1st December 2003, 20:25   #345
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Classic skin cursors in the library.

Not sure whether to call this a bug or an unimplemented feature, but here it is anyway.
Quote:
Originally posted by outcydr
OK then, I've gotten to the final testing of the (classic) skin I'm making and I think I know what kiilu might be refering to. In the media library, on the "Name", "Now Playing", "Genre", etc. buttons the cursor is the standard windows cursor (for me anyway). I downloaded some other skins to check and it's the same. Is there a .cur file for this? Or will there be one? What is the name, if there is?

I know this is just a minor detail among many, and I'm sorry if I've strayed from the topic.
Old 2nd December 2003, 00:00   #346
Carnicero

Regarding my earlier playlist problem, everytime I launch Winamp, the Advanced Title Formatting string reverts back to the default. I have "Use advanced title formatting when possible" checked.

The "read extended info" solution works for playlists, but I still have to change the ATF string from default each time I load Winamp.

The only temporary solution that stays is to put TWO underscores before the string and check the box to show underscores in titles as spaces. When using actual spaces, the string resets upon relaunching Winamp, and using TWO %20 along with the conversion to spaces result in a "20" before the playlist entry.

Last edited by Carnicero; 2nd December 2003 at 00:15.
Old 2nd December 2003, 00:20   #347
Metshrine

Using Winamp 5 RC8, when you play an mpeg2 file, the program displays the length of the file to be about 2 minutes when the file is actually 20 minutes in length. I am using the elecard mpeg2 codec and windows xp pro w/ geforce 4 ti4200 and a sb audigy mp3+. Let me know if there is a fix to it. Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2003, 03:53   #348
Tanarin

@ WhiteRayven
As I said I have personally gotten it to go over 20 Megs RAM on my system minimized. Again, it might be because I am running the Agent with it, but I still get it when I have my playlist open. When it closes I get the 16 MEG cap you are experiencing.

@DJ Egg
Yeah what WhiteRayven posted somewhat comfirms what xelim and I have been saying. If you want more proof, just open up the taskmanager and observe it for about 10 minutes. You'll see it slowly start to creep up in usage. I think the leak might be related to the modern skin, because I do not get any increase in mem usage when I switch over to the classic skin. For me it stays in the 1,340Kb range for memory usage.
Old 2nd December 2003, 04:18   #349
EfaustuS9
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to EfaustuS9 Send a message via AIM to EfaustuS9 Send a message via Yahoo to EfaustuS9
two issues;

1st: I am running Avs in a small screen and it is docked to winamp, then make a swich to the visualizations full screen, when I return from the full screen Avs visualization the docking of the playlist,eq,library are all messed up. (minor issue)

2nd: For some reason the sound quality in winamp5rc8 degrates signifigantly, when I switch to the direct sound output (as to get smoother song transisions). This is resolved when I swich back to waveOut but I lose these direct sounds features, any idears.

Old 2nd December 2003, 10:17   #350
Berserker

Send a message via ICQ to Berserker
I think another problem that I've found is playing a corrupted files will cause WinAmp to close/exit. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work again..

Thought that version 5 has a time limit...
Old 2nd December 2003, 14:10   #351
OnionRingOfDoom

Send a message via AIM to OnionRingOfDoom
Bug: No next and previous buttons in the AVS window on the mmd3 modern skin.

System: Windows XP Home SP 1
Winamp 5 RC8
2.66 P4
512 Megs RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 PCI
Direct X 9.0b
Old 2nd December 2003, 16:01   #352
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

how lame
Old 2nd December 2003, 16:36   #353
MrStolpe

The shuffel comes on by its self from time to time.
Old 2nd December 2003, 16:46   #354
OnionRingOfDoom

Send a message via AIM to OnionRingOfDoom
Yeah, but I do a lot of AVSing, and it would help to be able to quickly switch presets.
Old 2nd December 2003, 17:07   #355
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by OnionRingOfDoom
Yeah, but I do a lot of AVSing, and it would help to be able to quickly switch presets.
report your skin bugs/requests to the creator, its not a winamp problem.
Old 2nd December 2003, 17:23   #356
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Did anyone notice that the 'always on top' option sometimes reset it self (that is, goes from 'on' to 'off', making you need to re-entable it)?

Old 2nd December 2003, 17:28   #357
Joris

Send a message via AIM to Joris Send a message via Yahoo to Joris
Old bug reminder

I have been using the Winamp 5 RC for a while, and I remembered why I sticked to 2.81, and never used 2.9. The winamp window moves when I run a low screen resolution game. Back then I thought it was a plugin issue, but now I know it is not.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=131751

This still is not solved in the RC8.

[edit]
Just saw this was already posted in this thread.

Last edited by Joris; 2nd December 2003 at 20:20.
Old 2nd December 2003, 17:43   #358
primal scream

rite, although this has kinda been reported before i think ive found more problems with it, I've got RC8 and under the classic skin or any Winamp 2 skin it works fine not a hassle in the world, but as soon i try to load the modern skin or a winamp 3 skin i get
"Winamp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
staright away, the skin doesnt even load, at first i thoughts its coz ive got XP but then i thought surley there not that stupid, so i tried it out on my virtual PC which runs windows XP without any modifactions at all, and it worked but it doesnt work on my real computer. I do run most of the stardock object desktop products like windowsblinds, icons, cursors etc, could this be the prob??? if u guys need more help, i have the entire error report.

spec
AMD Atholon 1.2ghz
512mb ram
160gb hard disk
intel 810 grpahics
windows xp with sp1 running stardock products such as windows blinds etc
Old 2nd December 2003, 17:52   #359
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@ onionringofdoom -> You are a moron. If you want the next prev so bad try using 'y' and 'u' hotkeys to change AVS presets, or use the modern skin.

Old 2nd December 2003, 17:56   #360
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@nant, I found the opposite to be true, but its usually after I play a video

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports