SmartEngine

Assertion failed

I sometimes get this message by closing Winamp 5.02

MB: ASUS A7V8X (BIOS:V1013)
Ram: 1 GB
CPU: Amd AthlonXP 2600
Windows XP-SP1
NVidia GForce4 Ti-4600 (Driver:V5303)
Creative SoundBlaster 512 (Latest drivers)
DirectX 9.0b

This Message also appears sometimes afer a "clean" installation without Plug-Ins and classic Skin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (9.9 KB, 560 views)
Old 28th February 2004, 23:32   #163
gas-attack

Send a message via ICQ to gas-attack
Displayed bitrate of VBR-MP3s in Main Window

Compared with Winamp 2.91, my Winamp (5.02) changes the indicated bitrate of VBR-MP3s in the Main Window very slowly (only about 1 time/2 sec). In Winamp 2.91 (was installed on same PC), it changed up to 8 times/sec

CPU: P4 2.41 GHz
RAM: 256 MB DDR
Sound: Avance AC'97
Graphix: ATI All-In-Wonder 9k
Winamp: 5.02
DX: 9.0b

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

afaik, this was a fix. Basically, the refresh rate was decreased to lower cpu-usage. However, I'm not so sure about only once every 2 secs... sometimes, yes, but sometimes mine still changes 2 or 3 times a sec :/

[/Edit]
Old 1st March 2004, 04:03   #164
CaesarI

MPEG-2 video

2 big bugs, and one very minor bug.

System:
Win98SE. All patches
PIII Mobile 700MHz
Video: ATI Rage Mobility 128
Audio: ESS Maestro
Memory: 192MB (with about 90MB free)
WinAmp 5.02 clean install.
DirectX 9.0b

1. Winamp under this setup does not play MPEG2 video:
From GSPOT Re: File used:

MPEG2_VIDEO MPEG1AudioPayload
S) --> Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer --> Ligos MPEG Video Decoder --> Overlay Mixer2 --> (R)
(S) --> Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer --> Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder --> MatrixMixer --> (R)

The file in question is ~750MB. When the proper codecs are installed, Winamp plays the audio, and not the video just fine. If the Mpeg2 Codec is lacking however, it will completeley freeze the system in short order. It is worth noting that I do not have a DVD player. My roomie's computer played this file just fine when shared over the Network (he has WinXP, likely WMP9, and a DVD player). When I tried to run it with WMP9 it did not run, and WMP could not find the codec.

I DLed the Codecs from KL Codec as linked by the mods here

This allowed me to play the file just fine under WMP9 and WMC 6.4. WMC keeps my processor at about 50% load (based on readout from CPUIdle).

I could not get it to play under WinAmp, however it ceased crashing, and played audio only. I finally found a way to make it work, and after much experimenting simplified the procedure.

I stumbled on the idea of messing with the Video overlay here
however... oddly, this had no effect.

Confirmed means of fixing bug:

Load Winamp with Allow hardware video overlay disabled, and Ligos set to Play MPEG-2 only
try to play MPEG-2 file (you will get audio only, leave playing)
View File Info on playing MPEG-2 file -> Check to see of "Ligos MPEG Video Decoder" is set to Mpeg 2 only (hit OK/Cancel, doesn't matter)
stop video.
Preferences -> Video -> enable "Allow hardware video overlay"
play video (works)

Load Winamp with "Allow Hardware Video overlay" enabled, Ligos set to MPEG 2 Only
Try to play MPEG-2 file (you will get audio only, leave playing)
View File Info on playing MPEG-2 file -> Check to see if Ligos is set to Mpeg2 ONLY (hit OK/Cancel, doesn't matter)
disable overlay
stop video
start video (works)

Load Winamp with overlay ENABLED, Ligos set to default (play more than just MPEG2)
View File Info on playing MPEG-2 file -> Change Ligos to MPEG 2 Only
Preferences -> Video -> disable "Allow hardware video overlay"
stop video
play video

Load Winamp with overlay ENABLED, Ligos set to default (play more than just MPEG2)
check Ligos, but do nothing.
disable overlay
stop video
play video

However... what I picked up on, was that it didn't matter.

Simplified:
Load WinAmp.
Try to play MPEG-2 file (hear audio only, leave file playing)
hit Alt + 3 (file info)
hit enter (closing window)
hit ctrl+P (preferences)
hit enter (closing window)
stop file
start file.

No data altered, not even touched, or messed around with. The process of viewing file info, and viewing preferences allowed the video to play. I can then proceed, once the video is running to change video overlay up, down, around, and same for Ligos MPEG video decoder. Alter them every way I want, stop the video, whatever, so long as I don't close WinAmp. Once I do, I have to repeat the process.

Despite working however, it uses the entire processor to do so. WMC does not (50% vs 100%).

I am not alone, someone else has also experienced this here

For these reasons, I believe the bug to be WinAmp related.

2. Winamp, when playing small mpeg files, will proceed to skip the next item on the playlist.
So... if playlist contains items: A-I and B is a short mpeg, C will be skipped. If all files are short mpegs, A, C, E will be played.

I was able to circumvent it at least partially, by right clicking items in the playlist, and enqueing them in the order I wanted. This however, only succeeded once i.e. instead of A,C,E it now plays A,B,D,F. It appears in all cases as though it is trying to load the file, but then it stops. When using the modern skin, with the video docked, the video quickly undocks and then docks into file C. In the case where Enqueing was done, there was a significant delay between file A, and file B. As a further complication with the enqueing process, if you enque A-I in order, it plays A,B,D,F fine suppose you stop the process then. Then you play I. What does it do? It plays H, whether there is a file after I, or not.

This bug is, I believe, that of the bugs mentioned in 3 other instances which failed to be resolved, and appears to have been around since 2.9x at least.
Confirmation 1
Confirmation 2
Confirmation 3

3. Small itty bitty bug. When hovering over the buttons with the mouse, the labels are hidden underneath the equalizer/playlist if either is present.

Thanks ya'll

-Morgan
Old 1st March 2004, 04:27   #165
CaesarI

Re: MPEG2

More notes on the MPEG-2 problem:

Under K-Lite-Codec-Pack, open the MPEG player configuration.

Check all boxes.

The important bit is that you connect to the Ligos Splitter Only. Using Ligos "for MPEG2 only" neither helps nor hurts.

Now when the video is playing it indicates it is using (under Alt+3)
CyberLink Video/SP Decoder
Elecard MPEG2 Multiplexer
Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder

[edit]
Previously, when it played audio only it was using:
Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer
Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder
Ligos MPEG Video Decoder
Overlay Mixer2
Video Renderer

When it did work it used:
Elecard MPEG2 Demultiplexer
Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder
Ligos MPEG Video Decoder

It can also be made to work by unchecking "use overlay mixer" in the MPEG-2 config program. Here it runs using 70% of CPU, but allows for searching.
[/edit]

The only problem now... is that it won't seek. I'll drop it onto a position to seek to, and can only get it to go there if I switch windows (like say to Mozilla).

With the previous fix it allowed me to seek, once it got going, although it was using my entire processor to do so.

-Morgan

Last edited by CaesarI; 1st March 2004 at 06:57.
Old 1st March 2004, 09:16   #166
CaesarI

The prodigal roomie's computer (who has just returned), which runs with no problem is using:
intervideo audio decoder
intervideo video decoder
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer

-Morgan
Old 1st March 2004, 15:28   #167
mikelee

I tried searching for this one but came up empty-handed. My apologies if it's been mentioned, or if I'm doing something stupidly wrong.

The Bug: When I try to open shortcuts to folders in 5.02's open file dialog box, it tries to open the shortcut file itself, instead of taking me to the target folder.

I'm using the full 5.02 install, but installed over my 2.9 folder (so it's possible there's some residual stuff left over).

Relevant system specs:
Dell Dimension 4100
800 MHz PIII, 384 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional SP1
DirectX 9

Please let me know if there's anything that I'm missing.

Mike
Old 3rd March 2004, 18:53   #168
DvdKhl

After a while the context menu is gone

After Winamp is a while in background (playing),
(I always have the main window hidden and the playlist minimized to compact if it's important to know)
then open the playlist to normal mode, I can right click on my mouse as often I want. The context menu is not showing up. Only if I restart winamp it will work again.

[EDIT]
Even the button aren't working then anymore
[/EDIT]

Specs:
CPU: P4 2Ghz
RAM: 512MB DDR
DirectX 9b
Old 4th March 2004, 12:37   #169
jamesmc

Unable to open large m3u files

When opening m3u files from my MP3 player Winamp crashes. This only happens with the large ones, over 1000 tracks or so.

Winamp 5.02 (clean install)
System specs (mobo(can't remember), cpu Athalon 1.8Ghz, 256MB)
OS, Win 2000 al Service packs
Video Card, No idea
Sound Card, Soundblaster, I think
DirectX version: What's DirectX
Old 4th March 2004, 13:42   #170
pilotjones

memory leak - CD player

I haven't read the whole thread, so please forgive if this is a reapeat.

Winamp 5.02 (installed over WA 3. WA 2 still exists on the computer but has not been used recently.)
System specs (mobo - intel 845...., cpu - p4 2.4, ram - 1.00GB)
OS, Including Service Packs - winXP pro, version 2002, sp 1 (current per winupdate at time of writing)
Video Card, Video Card Drivers - ATi fireGL 8700; xxx.xxx.xxx.3056
Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers - on motherboard; SoundMax
DirectX version - 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

Problem: came back to my computer this morning to find process winamp.exe taking 240,000 K as reported by TaskManager. On my system, WA starts up normally in the 10,000-15,000K range.

No visualization was running; windows open were main, playlist, and library; skin is iTunes_4_winamp_5; no audio playing.

Last use was to play a CD. Drive was empty.

Fiddled around a bit and found out that the memory leak happens only when Devices->CD-R D: is selected in the library window. When this is the case, memory gradually inches up at a rate of about 100K every 15 seconds, without end.
Old 5th March 2004, 01:48   #171
enosys

Behaviour when busy

I was just starting to play an MP3 from a CD I just put in. For some reason initial the initial reads from a CD are very slow. This is not Winamp's fault. It's probably due the CD, drive hardware, drive firmware or perhaps XP.

However Winamp does 2 things incorrectly in this situation:
- It appears to freeze (I guess cease processing Windows messages). This is mildly annoying. It's also very ugly because parts of the classic skin get replaced with a standard window frame with some weird/bad/partial drawing. Winamp has done this for as long as I remember, and it'd be nice (but not critical) to see this fixed.
- If I minimize Winamp while it is frozen like this the main window minimizes but the playlist doesn't. I didn't have any other Winamp windows open. I did have the plugin that fixes the related problem when you close winamp when it's minimized.
Old 7th March 2004, 15:21   #172
SmartEngine

Another one

Another error which sometimes comes up. Gives me Amiga-Feeling. Look at attachment.

Check my config at my post above when needed.
Attached Images
File Type: gif screenshot.gif (2.2 KB, 444 views)
Old 10th March 2004, 12:36   #173
pallosp

My configuration:

ASUS A7V333-X
AMD Athlon XP 1700
768 MB DDR-333 RAM
Geforce MX 400 + default XP driver
SB Audigy I
Windows XP hungarian+SP1
DirectX 8.1

When I drag and drop multiple (at least five) files from Total Commander to Winamp desktop icon, it crashes.
I experienced the same phenomenon on other configurations too.
Old 10th March 2004, 18:41   #174
N1CKLAD

You cannot play wma 9 files that have been compressed losslessly in winamp. Basically, nothing happens when you try to play the file. No error message, NOTHING.

Is there any chance of a fix for this in the next release?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Unimplemented features are not bugs.
The in_wm.dll in Winamp 5.03 will have full WMA9 support.
For now, see the known workaround here.

[/Edit]
Old 12th March 2004, 13:13   #175
NautaClarus

Fullscreen video problem

System:
Winamp 5.02 light
WinXP Home SP1
Modern Skin (havent tried it with classic skin)
---
Scenario
- Play a video in fullscreen mode
- Another application or Windows displays a Balloon Tooltip notification over the systemtray area

Result
An empty Winamp video-window pops over the fullscreen video overlay in that case and stays on top. Only way to get rid of it is to switch back to windowed mode and then go to fullscreen again.

kinda annoying ;-)
--
Cheers.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Video card? Latest drivers?
Alas, I can't reproduce this.
Besides, Winamp Lite does not include support for video

[/Edit]
Old 13th March 2004, 20:31   #176
A Ham Sandwich

5.02 Full
Win XP SP1
2.4 GHz, 512 dual channel PC3200
DX 9.0

Buffer problem with Winamp Radio playing and cross-fading enabled. Can't reach 100% buffer, continaully changes buffer percentage. I had it set to 15 seconds cross-fade, not sure if that affects it or not. Turn off the cross-fade and it works fine.
Old 13th March 2004, 22:44   #177
HaloHQ

Re: Another one

Quote:
Originally posted by SmartEngine
Another error which sometimes comes up. Gives me Amiga-Feeling. Look at attachment.

Check my config at my post above when needed.
By chance, are you using the skin from here: http://www.guiolympics.com/skins2004...ategory=winamp
I just read your error message, which i had never seen before in my life. But I downloaded this Warp skin and experienced it.. maybe it has something to do with that.
Old 14th March 2004, 08:29   #178
NautaClarus

Re: Fullscreen video problem

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Video card? Latest drivers?
Alas, I can't reproduce this.
Besides, Winamp Lite does not include support for video

[/Edit]

UUps, yes it is Winamp 5.02 full of course ;-)Mixed up 'lite' with 'not pro version'

Video card is NVidia GForce 4 Ti 4200 with the original NVidia driver version 6.14.10.5303 which is the latest release I believe. DirectX 9.0.

Sometimes the video window pops up directly after the balloon tooltip displays and sometimes when I close the tooltip while the video is playing. However, the window _does_ _always_ pop up on my system in that case. Isnt there a way to suppress these things totally? Other Video players suppress any notifications while playback in fullscreen is enabled.
Old 14th March 2004, 15:20   #179
MadManMarkAu

SendMessage returns 1 every time

I'm writing a remote control for Winamp, using SendMessage, and every time I query something from Winamp, the reply is always 1. WM_COMMAND messages work fine, just WM_USER messages are screwed. Here's some code.

VB6

State = SendMessage(hWndWinamp, WM_USER, 0, 104)
SampleRate = SendMessage(hWndWinamp, WM_USER, 0, 126)
BitRate = SendMessage(hWndWinamp, WM_USER, 1, 126)
Channels = SendMessage(hWndWinamp, WM_USER, 2, 126)

If State = 1 Then Call frmTelnetServer.ServerPrint("State: Playing")
Call frmTelnetServer.ServerPrint("Info : " & SampleRate & "Hz, " & BitRate & "kbps, " & Channels & " channels")

This code ALWAYS returns:
State: Playing
Info : 1Hz, 1kbps, 1 channel

Command completed successfully.

Any help?

My system:
Board: Unknown
CPU: Cyrix Instead 300MHz 6x86
Mem: 160Mb
Os: Windows ME, IE japanese keyboard layout thingy pack
Sound: Yamaha Audio 3D along side Creative Sound Blaster 16
Old 14th March 2004, 19:06   #180
DrO

MadManMarkAu: have you made sure that the handle to the winamp window you have is valid?

(the development forum may have been a better place to post about this )

-daz
Old 15th March 2004, 12:14   #181
MadManMarkAu

SendMessage bug

Yeah, my window handle is correct, because all WM_COMMAND messages like, Play, Stop and Next complete perfectly.

I didn't know there was a development forum.. I'll go looking for it now.
Old 15th March 2004, 17:47   #182
D-o-K

Winamp crash

my winamp crashes when I do the following:
open the media library, media library preferences, do a "rescan now" (I ticked "Automaticly add played files" and "Automaticly remove missing files"), and if I make a search through the media library while it's scanning, winamp crashes nearly everytime (quits with no error msg).

I am not using any plugins. btw, I got a quite big mp3 collection (80gigs).
I am using WinXP sp1 with 512MB memory
Old 16th March 2004, 00:15   #183
TV4Fun

Send a message via ICQ to TV4Fun
Login Proxies

My school's proxy server requires a login to connect to the internet. Winamp doesn't seem to support this as when I try to connect with the proxy set up it gives a 407 login required error. If I set the proxy to user:pass@server:port, then it works, but it only works once and then winamp must assume I just mistyped the server and sets the proxy to just user:pass and I have to go in and reset it. Otherwise it gives me a couldn't resolve proxy error.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Known issue.
Please read the Known Bugs thread first.
Still not sure if this is fixed for 5.03 though,
so please let us know whether it's fixed or not when 5.03 is released.

[/Edit]

Last edited by TV4Fun; 16th March 2004 at 00:34.
Old 16th March 2004, 02:10   #184
MilkyBarKid

I have found a bug/problem with winamp5.02 and variable bit rate mp3's.

For some reason processor useage (on a celeron 1.5) goes to and stays at about 30% while playing a VBR mp3, but is fine with normal mp3's.

Winamp 2 seems to be able to handle them without the extra processor useage.

I have windows XP Home with all patchs installed.
Old 17th March 2004, 20:26   #185
SarCaSM

[ripping] Automatic Creation of Playlist

Since I could not find a mention of it at all in the bug forum, decided it should come up.

When using the ripping feature in Winamp 5.x (this has happened since the beginning), even if all the checkboxes are unchecked for the automatic creation of a playlist, a playlist will still be created.

Say you have 11 songs on the CD. Select 10 and rip select tracks, the playlist does not get created.

If you select all 11 and rip select tracks, it gets created, and if you do a rip all tracks, it also gets created.

I can recreate this bug just about everytime, and I'm sure everything dealing with the automatic creation of a playlist is unchecked or disabled.
Old 17th March 2004, 20:44   #186
SarCaSM

Quote:
Originally posted by MilkyBarKid
I have found a bug/problem with winamp5.02 and variable bit rate mp3's.

For some reason processor useage (on a celeron 1.5) goes to and stays at about 30% while playing a VBR mp3, but is fine with normal mp3's.

Winamp 2 seems to be able to handle them without the extra processor useage.

I have windows XP Home with all patchs installed.
Can't recreate that one with XP pro, using vbr mp3s also, many others do as well. sure its not a plugin you have installed? The highest the CPU stays for more than a second or two is 1 for me.
Old 25th March 2004, 14:02   #187
shins

Media Library update bug with transparency enabled still present in 5.03. If you guys could try and confirm this, it'd be appreciated.

See Post
Old 26th March 2004, 06:07   #188
Chris000001

Very small tooltip bug with docked toolbar

When you have Winamp docked to the top and you hover over a button, the tooltip is displayed somewhat low.

Winamp 5.03 full
p4 1.7
XP pro
Ati AIW 7500
Santa Cruz turtle beach
dx 9.0b
Attached Images
File Type: png clipboard02.png (20.1 KB, 472 views)
Old 26th March 2004, 06:27   #189
Yathosho
Forum King

the OLDEST bug

this has been a bug since (at least) winamp 2:

when one plays an mp3 in winamp for several hours, the time display will at one point start to display an enormous time. i assume that the value switches to the total time one is playing that mp3. the easiest way to reproduce it is to play an mp3 before going to bed and have a look at the display when you get up.

i don't know if that applies to short mp3s aswell, but it does for mixes. i'm used to display times between 200 and 400 minutes, so i guess it starts after ~3 hours of playing that file.

since this happened on various computers, i don't think my specs are important, anyway:

pentium iv 2.4ghz
intel d845gbv2
1gb ram
windows xp/2k3
nvidia gf4 ti4200 (detonator)
sb live (kx drivers)
directx 5
Old 26th March 2004, 23:18   #190
ampewin

One small bug in the GREAT (honestly - it rocks!!) winamp 5.03

Bug
-----
In a brand new fresh install of winamp5 on windows XP with all the latest updates
1.Start winamp (duh.. of course)
2.Close the window telling you that winamp library is empty
3.Close playlist editor and media library
4.Click the "video/vis" button right above the repeat button
5.Click "Detach Visualizer"
7.Close visualizer
8.Click the "video/vis" button again
9.Click "Detach Video"
10.Close Video
11.Expand the config pane by clickin on the small button next to the thunderbolt
12.Resize the winamp window horizontally by clicking and dragging
the bottom right corner of winamp (like there is any other way :-) )
so that you will see the beat visualization
14.Here is the bug!! There is an empty area between the title+menubar and the rest of
winamp window that doesnt seem to go way

workaround
----------
a.View > Visualizations
b.Click "Reattach Visualizer" (The visualizer fills the gap)
c.Click "Detach Visualizer"
d.Everything is normal till you follow steps 11-14v

[CONFIRMED AND REPORTED -KXRM]
Old 27th March 2004, 09:08   #191
cybermarz

Typo

Not a bug but a typo in Winamp 5.03.

The Query Language Documentation list a Fieldname FILEDATE (Last known file date/time on disk), which should be FILETIME!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Confirmed & reported
Thanks

[/Edit]
Old 27th March 2004, 13:13   #192
idynkydnk

The litestep issue is still there. When I switch virtual desktops with the modern skin, winamp shows up with everything detached.
Old 27th March 2004, 16:50   #193
gas-attack

Crazy main window

When I pull my main window so that it is wider, then resize it back to normal, it is split into two parts (see attachment). This is very ugly and I always have to reboot WA to get it back

CPU: P4 2.41 GHz
RAM: 256 MB DDR
Sound: Avance AC'97
Graphix: ATI All-In-Wonder 9k
Winamp: 5.03 pro
3dpartyplugs:
-Powerplay 2
-Reference FLAC player
-LineIn plugin 1.80
-Tara 1.0.3b
-Winamp TV (x86)
-Winamp2 vqf decoder 1.12b (x86)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Assuming this isn't caused by one of your non-supported 3rd-party plugins, I do believe this to be the same known bug as reported by ampewin 3 posts up...

[/Edit]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg freaky main window.jpg (61.4 KB, 522 views)
Old 27th March 2004, 17:02   #194
HeReDaGo

win xp sp1
amd athlon thunderbird 1200 mhz
768 MB sdram

winamp 5.03 full
no plugin

In the modern skin DONATELLO, the song played color don't change. (you can't know, by looking at the playlist, which song is playing) only in the modern skin DONATELLO
Old 27th March 2004, 23:09   #195
drichard

In Winamp 5.03, when selecting a font under "TrueType Replacement for Winamp Charset bitmap fonts" under Preferences->Skins->Modern Skins->Font Rendering, if you select a font in position X in the list (where X is under 31), the actual font selected is X+4. For fonts 31-34, the count wraps, so 31 becomes 1, 32 becomes 2, etc.

For me, the last font that this bug happens with is "ASAP SILSophia".

Also, changing the font in that selection automatically updates the font listed under Default/Fallback. It seems to be impossible to select two different fonts for these values...maybe that's by design? If so, perhaps unchecking "Allow use of bitmap fonts that have not been mapped" should gray out the Default/Fallback selection.

---
Winamp Information:
Version: 5.03
Skin: Modern Skin
Install: Installed over 5.02
Plugins: No 3rd party plugins

My System Information:
CPU: AMD Athlon
Video: ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500
Sound: Creative AudioPCI (ES1370)
Old 28th March 2004, 21:53   #196
gas-attack

Re: Crazy main window

Quote:

[...]

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Assuming this isn't caused by one of your non-supported 3rd-party plugins, I do believe this to be the same known bug as reported by ampewin 3 posts up...

[/Edit]
[/B]
I know. I thought it would make a difference cause for me, the bug came up without that I did anything with "detach vis/video". I just resized it and then back again...
Old 29th March 2004, 00:54   #197
Lonely Shepherd

Fresh install of W503.
1)
Winamp link, on the desktop, has a "Shortcut key".
Now, i start playing video in full screen mode. Then, with the alt+tab key,i switch to the other window(no matter which one). And now i press the "Shortcut key" to run Winamp.
And now i can see the full screen video window, with the playing video, and another one video window on the foreground of the full-screen window, with nothing playing into it.

2)There is a video file compressed with the elecard video codec.
If i try to play this video file without elecard codec installed in the system winamp crashes.

WinXP, Athlon 1600+
Old 29th March 2004, 01:07   #198
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Re: Crazy main window

Quote:
Originally posted by gas-attack
I know. I thought it would make a difference cause for me, the bug came up without that I did anything with "detach vis/video". I just resized it and then back again...
Simple method of reproduction:
Modern skin
Detach Video and vis
Open config drawer
Stretch main window out horizontally
Old 29th March 2004, 05:25   #199
mikelee

Quote:
Originally posted by mikelee
I tried searching for this one but came up empty-handed. My apologies if it's been mentioned, or if I'm doing something stupidly wrong.

The Bug: When I try to open shortcuts to folders in 5.02's open file dialog box, it tries to open the shortcut file itself, instead of taking me to the target folder.

I'm using the full 5.02 install, but installed over my 2.9 folder (so it's possible there's some residual stuff left over).

Relevant system specs:
Dell Dimension 4100
800 MHz PIII, 384 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional SP1
DirectX 9

Please let me know if there's anything that I'm missing.

Mike
Just FYI, I'm still having this problem with 5.03. Thanks.

Mike
Old 29th March 2004, 18:38   #200
CiViC

Send a message via ICQ to CiViC Send a message via AIM to CiViC
Sorry for the slight double post.

In the media library under local media/artists; If click all artists and click an album....if you have an album listed as a character (such as !!! or ? or & etc) when you want winamp to find that album, it instead lists all songs with no album associated with them.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports