Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 14th February 2017, 00:12   #1
Nickno

Song stuttering when changing songs with in-stream artwork enabled

I have read around trying to find a way to fix this, but the only threads I could find are pretty old and the solutions didn't work for me.

If I have "send in-stream artwork" enabled in my Source DSP settings, every time it changes songs there is a 2 second audio glitch where the music skips/accelerates. I want to be able to send album artwork still, so does anyone know of a fix for this without turning this feature off?

I'm using Winamp v5.666, Shoutcast Source DSP v2.3.5, and Shoutcast Server v2.5.1.724 on Windows 10.
Nickno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 03:37   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

perhaps your source location upstream (or destination location downstream) isn't "fat" enough to handle the extra data during the artwork upload - do you have any restrictions on bandwidth between the two sites (source and DNAS)

I'm assuming your source and DNAS are not on the same computer

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2017, 05:19   #3
Nickno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
perhaps your source location upstream (or destination location downstream) isn't "fat" enough to handle the extra data during the artwork upload - do you have any restrictions on bandwidth between the two sites (source and DNAS)

I'm assuming your source and DNAS are not on the same computer
The server and the source (if you mean winamp + dsp plugin) are both on the same computer. And my upload speed is 1Mbps and the stream quality is set to 128Kbps. But it does it with lower bit rates, too. It also does it when listening to it in the server administration page (127.0.0.1) which I would assume doesn't go out my home network since that is local host. I wonder if there are any stations that are sending out album artwork that aren't experiencing this, as maybe I could see what they are doing.
Old 16th February 2017, 00:59   #4
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
if you mean winamp + dsp plugin
- no that's JUST THE SOURCE

Source: winamp + dsp plugin
Server: where ever your DNAS is running

How many external listeners do you have at the time? I mean, you can't have more than about 6 at best if DNAS is locally hosted (127.0.0.1 suggests it is) - but during the time that the album art is being sent, you'll have issues probably with a single listener - I don't know how DNAS "limits" the speed of album art transfer to clients, it's not documented anywhere

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 02:02   #5
Nickno

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
- no that's JUST THE SOURCE

Source: winamp + dsp plugin
Server: where ever your DNAS is running

How many external listeners do you have at the time? I mean, you can't have more than about 6 at best if DNAS is locally hosted (127.0.0.1 suggests it is) - but during the time that the album art is being sent, you'll have issues probably with a single listener - I don't know how DNAS "limits" the speed of album art transfer to clients, it's not documented anywhere
I see I might have typed that a little ambiguously, I meant to say I do have the server (DNAS) and the source (winamp + dsp plugin) running on the same computer. It's really for testing out and isn't intended to have more than 3 listeners right now. I've tested it with 1, 2, and 3 external listeners and the issue is persistent and identical regardless of it. I've also tested listening on another computer by LAN (192.168.1.198:8000/listen) and it does the same.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
artwork, stuttering