Old 26th July 2005, 23:26   #1
Solidhavoc

Server troubles

Hello,

I had my shoutcast server working fine up until a few months ago when I added another computer onto my network. I've since removed the computer and I'm still having problems, and believe me when I say that I've tried EVERYTHING this forum has to say about NAK errors and it's still not working.

I've turned off all firewalls and turned off sharing and all that, I've edited and re-edited all my stuff in the .ini, I've registered a static IP, port forwarded all the necessary ports and I'm still getting a NAK error. The closest I've come to fixing it is switching to 127.0.0.1 on both the .ini and the DPS and then the GUI just says error connecting to Yp. or something. I tried editing the yport to 666 after this happened but then it just gave me another error.

If I put in my external IP in the .ini, the GUI instantly closes. I checked on the port listening thing and every port I tried it said "closed". I'm completely lost here.
Solidhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2005, 00:35   #2
baseballbrad3

make sure your forwarding your ports to the correct ip (http://192.168.XXX.XXX)
baseballbrad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2005, 03:06   #3
Solidhavoc

I did and it still gives me a NAK error. If I change the srcport value to the right IP, it gives me a fatal error.
Solidhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2005, 03:52   #4
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Leave SrcIP alone. If you are still getting the error, sounds like that the port forwarding is not done properly on the router. Or there is some other firewall software running on your system. Who makes your router?

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2005, 06:31   #5
sns2015

I've been having the same problem lately (used same methods to try and remove it, all to no avail). However, after the NAK error, my stream seems to be public for the next 5 minutes, then I get [yp_add] error connecting to yp.shoutcast.com and then my stream is dead... I'm using a D-Link router. Strange thing is that my stream worked okay just yesterday...
sns2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2005, 00:07   #6
baseballbrad3

maybe your local ip changed from like 192.168.2.15 to 192.168.2.6 or something along thoughs lines
baseballbrad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support