Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th November 2013, 20:10   #1
Milla

Winamp crashes with WMA files after 45 seconds

Hello,
Recently, Winamp has started to crash after ~45 seconds when I read a WMA file. The weird thing is that the first time I tried to read it, it worked well, but the day after, I used the same file, and suddenly Winamp crashed with no reason after 45 seconds. And the other mp3 files I tried to read went with no problems. I checked google, found someone who had the same problem caused by a plug-in, so I went in Preferences>Plug-ins and removed the marks for "Disable built-in visualization when visualization plug-in active" and the one below it. I had no idea what I was doing (english is not my mother tongue, I can't handle a too technical language), the guy I read about on google was not talking about it, but anyway, it worked fine after that and stopped crashing.
I didn't touch this file since then, but today when I wanted to read it again, Winamp crashed after the damn 45 seconds... The option in "plug-ins" was still disabled, I checked google again and went through posts from today to 2004, but nothing seemed to be helpful.

I don't know if there's a link, but Windows (I'm using Windows 7) is telling me sometimes that I'm not using a legal version and should reinstall Windows. But 10 minutes after it's already okay, and my version is legal again, even if didn't do anything.

I don't really get an error message or something when Winamp crashes, it just says "Winamp has stopped running, windows is looking for a solution", and then "blah blah windows will tell you if a solution exists" but then it tells me nothing.

I guess I could just convert my WMA file into an mp3, but I don't know if it will loose its quality or something like that, and maybe I'm not the only one with this problem. Anyway, I hope you will help me, I need to work with this file for a job and winamp is really the only one that can do everything I need to do.
Thanks !
Milla is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
crash, seconds, winamp, windows, wma