Old 18th October 2003, 13:43   #41
X-J-nine

Here's an interesting one. On my system (P4 2.4, ATI 9800 Pro, SB audigy, Win XP Pro) if I click on the 'manage playlist' button or just hover my mouse cursor over the 'file' button in the playlist editor WA5 will exit. On my wifes system (Athlon 2600+, GF2 Pro, onboard audio, Win XP Pro)it does not do this.

Any ideas?
Old 18th October 2003, 14:09   #42
start78

milkdrop doesn't close on "esc"

as said in the title: when hitting "esc", the milkdrop vis won't close.
instead, it just changes to window-mode (classic- and modern-skin).
also, when opening the vis-dropdown in modern-skin, milkdrop goes fullscreen instantly (i know: i chose fullscreen per default, but that isn't the way i expected it to work...).
btw: is milkdrop 3rd-party-soft?

win2k, sp4, nvidia-gpu, intel-board, sb-live player
Old 18th October 2003, 14:54   #43
SarCaSM

if you uninstall the freeform skin plugin, .wal files are still associated with Winamp5.

[edit]by uninstall, I meant preferences -> plugins -> general -> click on the freeform plugin -> click on uninstall[/edit]
Old 18th October 2003, 15:28   #44
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

All the "uninstall" button does is delete the DLL file.

Remember, in WA2.x structure, Prefs -> Filetypes only shows extensions supported by input plugins (not like in WA3 where WAL is also listed under:
Prefs -> Media)

You need to uninstall Winamp 5 itself to auto remove WAL association, or delete WAL from Folder Options -> File Types, or (re)install Winamp3 . . .

imho, to be more newbie-friendly, the uninstall button should be grayed out for some plugins (eg. out_wave, out_ds, in_mp3 and maybe gen_ml & gen_ff too).

btw, I can't reproduce any of the other recently reported bugs.

Note: Known bugs thread has been updated again.
Old 18th October 2003, 16:17   #45
Metshrine

There is a bug when viewing a video and fast forwarding, if you fast forward more than one keystroke at a time (i.e., holding down the right arrow key) the audio starts skipping and becomes extremely distorted and the video playback freezes. This continues even after closing winamp, and you are forced to terminate the program with the task manager. My system specs are as follows:

Windows XP Pro SP1A
1024MB ram
2x 120GB WD Hard disks
NVidia Geforce4 ti4200 video card
sound blaster audigy mp3+

This occurs on playback of mpegs and avi's (divx and xvid). Let me know if you need any more info

EDIT

I am using the Winamp 5 beta 1 build. I can pause the video, then fast forward, and it works, but not when the video is playing.

Next bug

I also noticed that with the use of the microsoft natural multimedia keyboard keys, i get the same behavior as reported above, hitting play only restores the window, and it requires a second key press for the functionality to take effect. Good job on the program btw
Old 18th October 2003, 16:18   #46
Rachid.nl

First one
In Holland, there's a band called BLØF. Due to the Ø in their name (I'm typing Ø in this post), WinAMP 5 displays the name incorrectly. You can find a screendump in this post to clarify the situation. The same problem occurs with practically every non-American character, such as é. The Ø is made by typing ALT+0216. IMPORTANT: the problem in the playlist only occurs with Vorbis files; WinAMP will display names of MP3 files correctly. The problem in the main window exists anyway. See screendump for more info.

Second
At the local radio station where I work, we use Oddsock's Oddcast for Winamp2 to stream our audio signal to an IceCast2 server, which broadcasts the stream to all our listeners. As soon as we disconnect Oddcast for whatever reason, it will cause the listener's instance of Winamp5 beta 1 (and Winamp2.91 as well) to crash. Important: we use OGG Vorbis as streaming media.

Computer Details
AthlonXP1700, 512Meg, Win2kSP4, SBLive!4.1.
Default System Locale: United States (English)
in_vorbis.dll: Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v1.35
Attached Images
File Type: gif wa5b1_plerr.gif (27.5 KB, 353 views)
Old 18th October 2003, 20:56   #47
Menacer

I'm not sure if this is covered under the "don't report your multimedia keyboard not working" since my keyboard (a logitech one) does, in fact, work with WA5 under most conditions.

Except whenever I have the mouse over Winamp5. I can hit the play, stop, forward, and back buttons all I want, but if my mouse cursor is over Winamp, they won't do anything. If I move the mouse away, they work just fine.

On the other hand, the keyboard buttons (z x c v b) all work fine when I have the mouse cursor over Winamp.

OS is Windows XP Pro SP1
Winamp5 Beta 1
Logitech elite keyboard with newest drivers.

Old 19th October 2003, 00:46   #48
peepoop

Can't scroll visualizer presets

Open up the visualizer in its original, non-deatched mode. Right-click the visualizer, pick 'newpicks' and you'll see a huge list of visualizer presets. Because the list is too big to fit on the screen, there's arrows at the top and bottom of it. Mousing over or clicking those arrows should scroll the list, but it doesn't. Nothing happens. You can only select the presents that fit on the screen.

I don't know why I'm reporting this because I never use the visualizer.
Old 19th October 2003, 01:47   #49
Helkite

Hmm... peepoop, the bug you described is non-existant for me.

Mouse-over the arrows does nothing, but clicking them DOES cause it to scroll. For me, anyways.
Old 19th October 2003, 02:18   #50
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

For All you Nvidia Users Reporting GUI Bugs are you using 4x.xx Drivers or 5x.xx Drivers.

Please send me a PM with your Bug and what Driver Version you are using, It could possible be old drivers causing this not winamp.

I have a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with 52.14 drivers and I can't reproduce any of the Bugs.
Old 19th October 2003, 02:52   #51
Sukashii16

One bug that I've found is that if you put the player, in compact mode, over the windows toolbar, whenever you press a quicklaunch button, the player disappears instead of staying on top (althought that setting it on).
Old 19th October 2003, 03:48   #52
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

As far as I know that an MS thing, it goes over ANYTHING you put under the taskbar.

So its not just a winamp thing.
Old 19th October 2003, 03:56   #53
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Maybe try unchecking "keep the taskbar on top of other windows" in Taskbar properties?
Old 19th October 2003, 04:33   #54
Sukashii16

I have that setting on now and haven't had trouble in the past with WA3. If I click it off, it makes the toolbar inaccessible when I'm running any program such as IE at a maximized window.
Old 19th October 2003, 04:42   #55
Viper007Bond
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Viper007Bond Send a message via AIM to Viper007Bond Send a message via Yahoo to Viper007Bond
Not really a bug, but more of a comment on the "Modern" skin.

When in minimal mode, the "EQ" button correctly pulls up the Equalizer, but IMO the "Color Themes" button should do the same thing as the EQ button does instead of pulling up the "Color Themes" page in the preferences.

Nothing big at all, just a look comment.

- Viper007Bond | Viper007Bond.com
Old 19th October 2003, 05:27   #56
fanerman91

My ogg files aren't gapless.

When I scroll with my scroll wheel in the playlist editor, it only turns down the volume. When I first turn on winamp I can scroll through the playlist editor... but after awhile (I change the scale to 75% and I dock the playlist editor to the main window) it can only change volume, no matter what I do.
That was with the MMD3 skin.

I'm using windows XP. This is the 5.0 beta.
Old 19th October 2003, 05:39   #57
crazee

I'll explain what i think's happening with the bug i reported earlier. With smooth resizing enabled on classic skins, scrolling to the bottom of the playlist and resizing it seems to not use smooth resizing on the scrollbar. It updates as if it was on the original setting.

How to replicate:
- Load up winamp5b1, load a classic skin.
- Scroll to the bottom of the playlist
- Enable smooth resizing for classic skins
- Resize the playlist downwards. The scrollbar will protrude below where it is supposed to.
Old 19th October 2003, 06:27   #58
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jstewart24
When I change the skin directory in the Skin browser to my own skins folder it crashes winamp although when I restart Winamp the setting is remembered. The parent folder is on an NTFS drive which is protected but accessable to me, the administrator and the adminstrators group.

System Spec:
AMD 2600XP+, 768MB DDR Ram, Windows 2000 SP4

Still, thanks for the beta release.
I also have this issue. It first happened when switching from a network folder to a local folder, but switching from a local folder to a local folder or a network folder to a network folder also produces this error.

Winamp5 Beta 1 (10/13/2003)
WinXP Pro (NTFS)
Remote drive on Win2000 Pro (FAT32)
Old 19th October 2003, 07:02   #59
crazee

Jstewart24's problem happens when changing to any folder, or at least it does for me. Even opening the window and hitting OK without changing anything crashes it.

Win2k Pro SP4.
Old 19th October 2003, 07:13   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, I can reproduce that one.
Prefs -> Skins: Click "set skin dir"
Just clicking the OK button (ie leaving it as default Winamp\Skins)
and Winamp just vanishes off the screen (whole process dies).

@fanerman91
What do you mean exactly by "my ogg files aren't gapless"?
Is Winamp configured for gapless playback?

Prefs -> Plugins -> Output -> DirectSound -> config:
Buffering tab: Increase "buffer ahead on track change" (to eg. 200ms or higher; note: mine's currently set at 1500ms)
Other tab: Checkmark "remove silence" & adjust cutoff value if necessary.

Note: fade on start & end of track both need to be disabled in Fading tab for gapless playback to work.

Any joy?

ps. all scrollwheel issues are known.
Old 19th October 2003, 07:17   #61
gordoste

Default Modern skin usability issue

When I use winamp i (like many others) put winamp in windowshade mode, always on top, at the top of the screen (see screenshot). However when using the default modern skin (which i like a lot), I've noticed the following **very** annoying usability issue:

If i move my mouse to the very top of the screen and double click on winamp, it will pop out of windowshade mode. This is good. However if I double-click again it doesn't work. Instead it tries to resize the window. To go back to windowshade mode I have to be slightly below the top of the screen to get this to work. This is extremely annoying when you're e.g. taking a quick look at your playlist (which i have in windowshade mode also).

I'd be very happy is you could fix this issue since then I could use the modern skins. Great work on winamp5, btw. Winamp3 was a dog
Old 19th October 2003, 09:21   #62
cppman

These actually concern Milkdrop, but as that appears to be part of Winamp 5 now I'll post here.

1) Milkdrop no longer remembers text it is told to display between sessions. ex. If I show the song title and exit Milkdrop, the song title will not be shown the next time it is started.

2) Text is really slow in 32 bit mode. I never had a problem with this in previous versions, but showing any text in 32 bit mode drops everything to around 5fps. Checking the fix slow text box does not help.

specs:
Win XP (SP 1)
All In Wonder RADEON PCI
1 GHz Athlon
onboard VIA sound
Old 19th October 2003, 09:28   #63
Stuckduck

Can't sort playlist by track, like you can in Winamp3. How are we supposed to play a CD in order?
Old 19th October 2003, 09:32   #64
Sawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Stuckduck
Can't sort playlist by track, like you can in Winamp3. How are we supposed to play a CD in order?
Winamp 5 is NOT Winamp3, it is Winamp 2.X. Features in Winamp3 that are not in Winamp 5 are NOT BUGS. Do not report them as such, or the reports will be removed. Winamp3 was built around the database, Winamp 2.X and now 5.X is not. It would probably take a lot of work or to change the entire way the playlist system works to add sort by track #. If you want it, put it in the Wishlist, not in Bug-reports.

(To answer your question) Sort by filename.

Old 19th October 2003, 09:36   #65
Rachid.nl

Another one
If WinAMP has lost focus for a while (at least half an hour, for example), because I'm working on something else (e.g. writing a document in MS Word) and I want WinAMP to regain focus by clicking its button in the taskbar, it takes pretty long to have it back on screen, perhaps some 3 seconds. I think that's too long, considering that other apps do not have this problem on this PC. Wether WinAMP was playing or not, doesn't matter for the low response time. At the time WinAMP hadn't got focus, it was NOT minimized, I was just running another app on top of it.

Computer Details
AthlonXP1700, 512Meg, Win2kSP4, SBLive!4.1, NVidia GForce4 MX440
WinAMP default modern skin
Old 19th October 2003, 13:15   #66
crazee

Rachid: I've had that problem for a long time, dating back as far as i can remember. Last i heard it was the fault of windows 2000's window system.
Old 19th October 2003, 14:47   #67
mrym

Winamp library problem.
Some classic skins does not show correct color.
Is it just me?

Win2000Pro
Winamp5B1
Attached Images
File Type: png problem.png (33.4 KB, 321 views)
Old 19th October 2003, 14:55   #68
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

WinXP Pro; AMD Athlon 1.1Ghz; 768MB; 128GB primary HD.

When I open WA5 using the Modern Skin,
Winamp opens in a progression, first showing the old default
Playlist title bar (dimmed) and so on...
And it's very slow to open.
Attached Images
File Type: png progression.png (39.5 KB, 313 views)
Old 19th October 2003, 18:40   #69
dougieha

I wonder if that's related to my problem of the not remembering window positions, because the same thing happens to me when I start up WA5 with a freeform skin.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 19th October 2003, 21:20   #70

Everytime I try to add my mp3s ftom the library to a playlist (more than 7000 files) Winamp takes 100 % CPU usage and the RAM usage grows up to 250 MB for about 10 min. After this the RAM usage slows down to ~ 20 MB but in total (of my system) it seems to be still very very high! 2-4 times higher than it should be.

WinAmp 5.0 beta
Win2k Pro sp3
Creative Soundblaster 128

Rock ON! I think WinAmp is and will ever be the best Musik player for Windows and maybe someday for Linux too.
Old 19th October 2003, 22:38   #71
MilkyBarKid

Windows XP SP1
Winamp Build Don;t know, but is the 13th of the 10th one

Bug 1 : Starts up and the main window does not show itself, all i see is the playlist window (only on first run), but it say's that the main window is active.

Bug 2 : See a bit of the classic skin on startup every time!

This is from only 5 minutes of using it, i will find a lot more soon
Old 19th October 2003, 23:05   #72
fanerman91

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@fanerman91
What do you mean exactly by "my ogg files aren't gapless"?
Is Winamp configured for gapless playback?

Prefs -> Plugins -> Output -> DirectSound -> config:
Buffering tab: Increase "buffer ahead on track change" (to eg. 200ms or higher; note: mine's currently set at 1500ms)
Other tab: Checkmark "remove silence" & adjust cutoff value if necessary.

Note: fade on start & end of track both need to be disabled in Fading tab for gapless playback to work.

Any joy?

ps. all scrollwheel issues are known.
Gapless works now. Thanks. That was helpful. However, the scroll wheel thing is still bugging me... I think I'll stick with winamp2 for now...

Last edited by fanerman91; 19th October 2003 at 23:23.
Old 19th October 2003, 23:09   #73
Carnicero

Here's another one, if you have the Playlist Editor docked underneath the main window, refreshing a skin with the drawer open places the Playlist Editor over top of the drawer.
Old 19th October 2003, 23:40   #74
ahall1983

I have the same keyboard problem listed earlier myself, my specs are exactly the same as his too

Quote:
I have a Microsoft multimedia Keyboard

when i minimize Winamp 5 (it goes to the tray), I can not control winamp with play/pause/stop/next/previous multimedia keys of the keyboard where as it works well when Winamp is not minimized

It worked well before with Winamp 2.91

spec:
winamp 5.0 beta 14-oct-2003
Windows XP SP1
(keyboard driver : intellitype pro v5.0)
Old 20th October 2003, 01:03   #75
ctkatz8086

sorry egg for not getting back until now.

1 open media library
2 open a saved playlist (ex playlist 001)
3 drag an mp3 to a specific point in a playlist (ex place file in before of untitled 1 but after untitled 2)
4 winamp loads file information in media library (i guess) but does NOT place the file in the specific point in the playlist.

(if you need it)
os winxp
winamp 5 beta (no sound issues)

Old 20th October 2003, 01:06   #76
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by papadoc
WinXP Pro; AMD Athlon 1.1Ghz; 768MB; 128GB primary HD.

When I open WA5 using the Modern Skin,
Winamp opens in a progression, first showing the old default
Playlist title bar (dimmed) and so on...
And it's very slow to open.

KNOWN Bug/Issue

I Get it aswell

Dev's know about it

Keep em coming!@
Old 20th October 2003, 01:08   #77
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

ALL Multimedia Keyboards are your Manufacture's problem or yours to change values, Since this is a NEW Winamp, ofcourse things aren't going to work like they did with 2.9x and 3.

Email your Manufacture and tell them you want winamp 5 in your next driver.

I bet they will listen.

BTW

This is STiLL BETA.

So wait until its Final before you will see Drivers supporting winamp 5 since anything could change between now and Final.
Old 20th October 2003, 01:25   #78
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ctkatz8086

Yeah, I think drag+drop files to playlists in ml is currently borked.
It worked ok in earlier alpha/beta versions.
It seems to be just adding the files into the actual library instead,
and also adds the containing folder to Media Scanner (Prefs -> Library -> Media Importing).
Hey, I tried to drag an m3u playlist into ml -> playlists -> new blank playlist (right pane), and all it did was actually add the m3u file to the media scanner (ie. treating an .m3u file as a folder).

It all works ok if you use the ml menus and click "Open" in the Open Files Dialog, but not when you drag+drop from Explorer.

I'm sure this'll be fixed in the next build.

Known Bugs updated again, btw (always check there before posting here).
Old 20th October 2003, 02:58   #79
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dazog
KNOWN Bug/Issue

I Get it aswell

Dev's know about it

Keep em coming!@
Thanks Dazog.
Old 20th October 2003, 12:10   #80
dorways

Cosmetic bug

Winamp 5.0beta 10/13/03
Windows XP SP1

When Winamp Modern skin is selected, whenever I play a track that's 100:00 minutes or longer, the track time remaining is missing the last "seconds" digit (see attached screen capture).
It is actually hidden behind the kbps tag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp modern track time remaining.jpg (25.3 KB, 331 views)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports