Old 23rd October 2003, 04:45   #161
crazee

Missed mine -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....60#post1135160
Old 23rd October 2003, 04:52   #162
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@myhotelyear
1) The titles which are changing have probably got id3 tags.
Assuming they're all mp3's . . .
Prefs -> Plugins -> Input -> MPEG Audio Decoder -> config:
Title/Tags tab: Uncheck "read id3v1/v2 tags for titles"

2) Can't reproduce
Happening with the default modern or classic skin, or with a 3rd-party skin?
If modern skin, have you changed the color theme? (does it happen with default scheme?)

@crazee
I couldn't reproduce the end result
The EQ still works ok for me.
(tried it with a few classic skins, but probably not the same ones as you)
Though I wasn't sure what you meant by "but the eq stays the same".

However, you're right by saying that the eq shouldn't even appear.
Note: It doesn't even go away if you change to a modern skin (you need to change back to classic first, then back to modern).

All right-click menu context issues with winamp minimized to systray have now been reported . . . they're still not fixed, but I'm sure they will be before 5.0 final.
Old 23rd October 2003, 05:32   #163
gunslinger008

Title formatting is not properly applied to files with incomplete metadata enqueued from the media library.
and/or
Media library does not respect Use library data for Winamp title-formatting being unchecked.

Part 1:

When loading files into the media library it feels compelled to come up with values for artist, title, and album no matter what. If I have a file tagged with artist and title but no album (because the song was never on a damn album!) the media library fills in the album field based on the directory structure. I feel there needs to be a way to turn this behavior off.

Part 2:

I have my title formatting set up to conditionally display info depending on what tags a file has (I'll include my actual formatting string at the end of this post). When enqueuing files from the media library the title formatting is not properly applied to files that don't have all the tags... It is formatted using the values that media library guessed/filled in on its own. When the file is actually played the title is properly formatted.

This happens regardless of what the Metadata Reading option is set to in the title options (when loaded / when played or viewed / when played) and regardless of whether Use library data for Winamp title-formatting is checked/unchecked in the library options.

Cheers,
Sean
----------------------------------------
My title formatting string:
[%artist% -][{$abbr(%album%,27)[ $num(%tracknumber%,2)]}-] $if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))
Old 23rd October 2003, 06:21   #164
thepyr0x
Major Dude

Bug: Changing the skins directory will crash 5
and sometimes when restarting prevent the program from loading a skin and just leave it with a small movable box on the screen.

Old 23rd October 2003, 06:59   #165
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
If with default modern skin, you're using both the spectrum/oscilloscope vis and (especially) the beat detector vis in main window, then this also uses up cpu. Turning these off will reduce cpu, but increasing "timers resolution" slider in "Prefs -> Modern Skins" will help (built-in vis performance will decrease, but cpu-usage will go right down)
I have a hard time believing such a simple vis would increase CPU so much. I think winamp has a lot of room for improvement here, no matter what excuse is shot back for it.

(not flaming I love winamp people)
Old 23rd October 2003, 07:14   #166
konedima

Quote:
@konedima
There are no buttons for winamp3-style enqueue/dequeue (play next) feature.
Trust me, it's not implemented...[rest of quote from above edited out by DJ Egg]
Bugger you.
Old 23rd October 2003, 07:26   #167
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by thepyr0x
Bug: Changing the skins directory will crash 5
and sometimes when restarting prevent the program from loading a skin and just leave it with a small movable box on the screen.
please read the Known bugs..

This has been Reported many times and is fixed in Beta 2
Old 23rd October 2003, 08:41   #168
crazee

Quote:

@crazee
I couldn't reproduce the end result
The EQ still works ok for me.
(tried it with a few classic skins, but probably not the same ones as you)
Though I wasn't sure what you meant by "but the eq stays the same".
I only tested with skins by 883 (www.883design.tk).

What i meant by 'but the eq stays the same' was 'but the eq stays the same size'. The skin switches to the full-image, but only shows as much as would fit on a windshaded window.

Example images can be found at:

Normal: http://www.con-zero.net/~eleven/normal.jpg
Broken: http://www.con-zero.net/~eleven/busted.jpg

Just noticed something else with it while taking the screenshot. Taking a window-screenshot (alt+printscreen) while the broken window is visible will take a screenshot of not only the part of the window that is visible, but the part of the window that the skin didnt apply to. The window gets maximized, but the skin is only applied to the top part. The window also snaps as if it was full size. Guess its a problem with the skinning of the window, so it may well be only with some skins.

Test it with this skin: http://www.deviantart.com/view/3072857/

Quote:
All right-click menu context issues with winamp minimized to systray have now been reported . . . they're still not fixed, but I'm sure they will be before 5.0 final.
Guess this bug's not particularly relevant then, as preventing the windows from appearing when winamp is minimized would (likely) fix this.

(edit) i can never make a post without big mistakes. shoot me.

Last edited by crazee; 23rd October 2003 at 09:21.
Old 23rd October 2003, 09:04   #169
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by konedima
Bugger you.
Noted! Strike 1
3 and you're out.
Old 23rd October 2003, 09:43   #170
AlphaTrooper

I don't know if someone has reported this or not already, but I went through the first few pages of this post and saw nothing related to this specific bug.

When playing mp3's with milkdrop running, CPU usage is reasonable. When I stop winamp from playing, but leave the docked visualization open, CPU jumps up to 99%.

Specs:

Winamp 5.0beta 10/13/03
Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
512 DDR PC2700 Ram
MSI G-Force FX5200 128mb
MSI K7N2 Delta-L Motherboard
60 Gig Seagate Barracuda
52x24x52 Acer CD-RW
Windows XP Home
19" Moniter running 1600x1200 32 bit

I have attached a pic of the problem to further help with this bug.
Milkdrop was not playing when I took this screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp5-99cpu.jpg (76.0 KB, 186 views)
Old 23rd October 2003, 09:55   #171
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

reproduced!
Old 23rd October 2003, 12:03   #172
who_am_i

linux

Here's a big bug:

This version doesn't run under Linux!

What happened to all the promises of Winamp support for Linux?

Linux is where the future is at. Right now, there is still an opening for a full-featured media player for Linux. Nullsoft is on course to miss that opening. I hope they're prepared to lose market share.
Old 23rd October 2003, 13:26   #173
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Just noticed a bug in Milkdrop, dunno if it's Wa5 specific or if it's in Wa2 aswell.

if I for example show the fps by pressing F5.
Close Winamp 5 and open it up again, that setting is not saved..

Annoying..

@who_am_i:
Winamp3 was going to be ported to Linux, I'm one of those who cannot accept Winamp3 beeing dead so I still think it will make it someday.
Winamp 5 will probably never be ported to Linux since it's built on Win32 code (Winamp 2).

-Plague
Old 23rd October 2003, 13:27   #174
DELTA75329

Send a message via AIM to DELTA75329
Quote:
Originally posted by mightymidget
maybe it is logitech, but when you click on the main window you cant use the next track multimedia key, but if any other window is the focused one you can.
Same EXACT problem with the netropa software...

But this isn't exactly the fault of WinAmp: We will need to send an eMail to tech support of our respective multimedia keyboard manufacturers in order to get an updated driver for WinAmp 5.

Last edited by DELTA75329; 23rd October 2003 at 15:00.
Old 23rd October 2003, 13:31   #175
DELTA75329

Quote:
Originally posted by badrad
I have a hard time believing such a simple vis would increase CPU so much. I think winamp has a lot of room for improvement here, no matter what excuse is shot back for it.

One of the first concerns I had with the beta. I'm sure this is a work in progress and the final version will be much polished in this and other areas.
Old 23rd October 2003, 14:59   #176
Metshrine

Quote:
Originally posted by Metshrine
[B]There is a bug when viewing a video and fast forwarding, if you fast forward more than one keystroke at a time (i.e., holding down the right arrow key) the audio starts skipping and becomes extremely distorted and the video playback freezes. This continues even after closing winamp, and you are forced to terminate the program with the task manager. My system specs are as follows:

Windows XP Pro SP1A
1024MB ram
2x 120GB WD Hard disks
NVidia Geforce4 ti4200 video card
sound blaster audigy mp3+

This occurs on playback of mpegs and avi's (divx and xvid). Let me know if you need any more info
Any word on this bug being reproduced? Also, any idea on when beta 2 will be release
Old 23rd October 2003, 15:01   #177
Metshrine

Also, A bug in the video window where it defaults to OPEN every time you open the player, could you add a way to make it so it doesnt open by default?
Old 23rd October 2003, 16:06   #178
myhotelyear

Quote:
@myhotelyear
1) The titles which are changing have probably got id3 tags.
Assuming they're all mp3's . . .
Prefs -> Plugins -> Input -> MPEG Audio Decoder -> config:
Title/Tags tab: Uncheck "read id3v1/v2 tags for titles"

2) Can't reproduce
Happening with the default modern or classic skin, or with a 3rd-party skin?
If modern skin, have you changed the color theme? (does it happen with default scheme?)

yes, they are all mp3s. but i don't have any mp3s that have id tags, so i know that's not the problem.

the only skin i've used for more than 5 seconds is the modern skin with the default color scheme.

so i'm puzzled.
Old 23rd October 2003, 16:13   #179
Araemo

I'm not sure if you guys call this a 'bug' (In the usability bug sense) or a 'feature request' But here goes: I spent a few minutes arranging the modern2 skin's main window size to show both the old-style vis and the beat detector. Then I opened a movie and clicked doublesize mode(video window was attached/docked inside main window), then stopped playing a video and the video window dissappeared.. but the main window maintained the new width. I'd prefer video/vis mode width to be unlinked with 'normal' mode width. And thanks for pointing out that the beat detector effects cpu.. duh.. :P
Old 23rd October 2003, 16:34   #180
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Araemo
Yes, that is a feature request, not a bug.
There's been a few similar requests/suggestions regarding restoring 2x, max options back to what they were previously, but the buttons don't change (eg. after clicking "max", it could then change to "restore").
What you'll be able to do in the next public release, is to use "custom" scaling option to proportionally resize the main window. Scaling will also provide an option of "temporary" or "locked" ("locked" is already implemented in beta 1), so if you checkmark "temporary" (the default value anyway), then the resize won't be remembered... so hit F5 to refresh the skin, and voila!

@myhotelyear
That sounds a bit weird to me!
Are you 100% sure they've not got id3 tags?
eg. the "file info" box in winamp shows empty & unchecked tags?
Are you 100% sure they've not got any Lyrics3 tags?
What encoder/software was used to encode them?
Are you opening the mp3's via a saved playlist? (my logic being that maybe the #extinf entry is somehow different to the filename).
I guess it could also be something to do with settings in: Prefs -> Titles...

@Metshrine
1) Can't reproduce the "video always opens" report, not in latest build of beta2, so I assume that is fixed. Is it attached to the main window, or detached?
2) Downloading some mpeg & avi/divx videos right now. See what I can come up. Note: I've got 50Gb of audio files, but not much vids (most of the ones I've got tend to be mov and wmv). I guess it would be nice if a few vid collectors could responded to this one. . .

@DELTA & badrad
The beat-detector is not a "simple vis". The spectrum/oscilloscope is maybe, but not the beat-detector. If it's using too much cpu, then increase "timers resolution" slider (move it to the right) in prefs -> modern skins, and watch the cpu go down.

It states this clearly in the prefs (smoother, uses more cpu)
10ms uses a fair amount, 250ms uses virtually none (but looks crappy).
I've settled for somewhere between 40 and 60ms for now.
cpu-usage is minimal for me with this value.

But, for sure, it might well be tweaked/optimized more for the final release...

@DELTA & mightymidget
I've got the same problem (Vivanco Smart Office XP EZ-8000 kybd)
but only if the titlebar is clicked. Click anywhere else in winamp, or anywhere else on the desktop or other app windows, and the mm keys work perfectly ok. Not sure if that's a driver bug or a winamp bug. I'm inclined towards the latter myself . . . but who am I anyway?

...which brings me to . . .

@who_am_i
Confirmed & Reproduced.
Your bug report has been reported to the developers
Old 23rd October 2003, 16:49   #181
Metshrine

Quote:
[B]@Metshrine
1) Can't reproduce the "video always opens" report, not in latest build of beta2, so I assume that is fixed. Is it attached to the main window, or detached?
2) Downloading some mpeg & avi/divx videos right now. See what I can come up. Note: I've got 50Gb of audio files, but not much vids (most of the ones I've got tend to be mov and wmv). I guess it would be nice if a few vid collectors could responded to this one. . .
The video window is detached, and it always opens whenever i start the app, even if a video wasnt the previous thing played. I am using the standard modern skin, not sure if that helps at all, also, just try fast forwarding any video file, it seems to mess up the app, the video still plays, but very sparadically and the audio gets all distorted. I can record a video of what happens so you can see and pm you a link if you wish. Also, any idea when beta 2 will be coming out? I really love winamp and you all are doing a llama's ass whipping good job on this so far Much appreciated for all your help
Old 23rd October 2003, 17:04   #182
ronial77

in_mp3 aac problem

I don't know if it is a Winamp 5 bug because I didn't play aac files bofore, but when I play an aac file, the time showing in the playlist is 8-9 seconds less than the actual track length (If the track length is 4:21 it shows 4:12).
I use the modern skin.
Old 23rd October 2003, 17:18   #183
DELTA75329

Quote:
@Metshrine
@DELTA & badrad
The beat-detector is not a "simple vis". The spectrum/oscilloscope is maybe, but not the beat-detector. If it's using too much cpu, then increase "timers resolution" slider (move it to the right) in prefs -> modern skins, and watch the cpu go down.

It states this clearly in the prefs (smoother, uses more cpu)
10ms uses a fair amount, 250ms uses virtually none (but looks crappy).
I've settled for somewhere between 40 and 60ms for now.
cpu-usage is minimal for me with this value.

But, for sure, it might well be tweaked/optimized more for the final release...

@DELTA & mightymidget
I've got the same problem (Vivanco Smart Office XP EZ-8000 kybd)
but only if the titlebar is clicked. Click anywhere else in winamp, or anywhere else on the desktop or other app windows, and the mm keys work perfectly ok. Not sure if that's a driver bug or a winamp bug. I'm inclined towards the latter myself . . . but who am I anyway?
Careful... All I'm saying is the CPU time could be improved. It's no secret to anyone that the beat meter is quite demanding. And I never stated anything about any VIS being simple. Rather, I'm optimistic that the performance and demands on the system can be improved, which was essentially my point on it. I'm not complaining about the VIS performance, but I am pointing out a legitimate concern where improvement can be made. Some would call this constructive criticism. Nullsoft has a history of making improvements to the 2.x core: particularly where usability, stability, and yes, performance is concerned. I'm hoping the same ethic applies to WinAmp 5. (I'm thinking it does, based on this excellent beta.) I understand that beta means a work in progress. I also understand that the purpose of a beta release is to solicit comments on what areas of interest the end-users need to be addressed in order to make final product the very best it can be, and thus, ready for mass consumption. As I'm not an expert on WinAmp 5's code, I do not claim to be, but that doesn’t mean I can't comment optimistically about what remains at this time a work in progress.

Regarding the multimedia keyboards... this is an issue that seems to affect multiple brands of keyboard. The only common link here is WinAmp 5, so I'm inclined to think that WA5 has caused the issue, but I understand Nullsoft's point: When Microsoft releases new versions of Windows, they are not expected to make it compatible with specific utilities like Anti-Virus. We're told to upgrade the AV to a compliant version. If Nullsoft wishes to apply the same logic here, I can't say I blame them, but if they can fix it themselves, that would be the ideal situation. That way, everyone gets the correct fix at the same time for the same issue.

-x- peace
Old 23rd October 2003, 18:12   #184
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ronial77

Reproduced, kind of . . .
I don't get "8-9 seconds less"...

But here's the "mpeg info" for an aac file I encoded with winamp ripper (albeit, it was originally ripped with winamp 2.9x, so I'll need to test again with 5.0b)

Size: 4466688 bytes
Format: AAC
Header found at: 44 bytes
MPEG-2 AAC
Length: 224 seconds
CBR 160kbit
Profile: LC
44100Hz Stereo
CRCs: No

No ID3 tags (I'm still not really into the idea of aac using id3 tags)

Playlist shows length to be 3:43
(which is 223 seconds, not 224 as "file info" box reports)

Main window shows time remaining as: ~3:46 when track starts.
So there's definitely a slight discrepancy here.
Nothing major, could have something to do with approximation, or the nature of (winamp's version of) aac . . . not sure...

@Metshrine
Can't reproduce "video window" problem in beta2.
Still can't reproduce the seekbar problem either.
Yes, pm a link.
No idea if/when beta2 will be publically available.
Old 23rd October 2003, 18:21   #185
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@DELTA75329
Quote:
Originally posted by badrad
Quote:
@DELTA & badrad
You were responding to comments I made regarding badrad's comments. It's just that both of your posts were comments related to beat-detector using too much cpu.
My mistake. I won't pair any responses in future.

Anyhow, as from hereon, let's not turn this thread into a discussion.
Let's keep strictly to reproduceable bug reports and yay or nay confirmation responses.

Discussions, personal views/wishes go in the Winamp Discussion/Wishlist forum.

[grammar & typos edited]
Old 23rd October 2003, 18:25   #186
D&B
Banned

DJ Egg, this is so off topic but I am too lazy to change threads, do you know how much winamp pro is gonna be?

And thanks for doing such a good job handling this thread.

Quote:
@DELTA75329You were responding to comments I made regarding badrad's comments. It's just that both of your posts were comments related to beat-detector using too much cpu.
I understood why you did what you did.
Old 23rd October 2003, 18:32   #187
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Cool
no probs

ps. No, I don't know how much winamp pro will cost
Old 23rd October 2003, 18:38   #188
DELTA75329

Quote:
@DELTA75329You were responding to comments I made regarding badrad's comments. It's just that both of your posts were comments related to beat-detector using too much cpu.

Anyhow, as from hereon, let's not turn this thread into a discussion.
Let's keep strictly to reproduceable bug reports and yay or nay confirmation responses.

Discussions, personal views/wishes go in the Winamp Discussion/Wishlist forum.

[grammar & typos edited]
Point taken: I understand what you mean.
Old 23rd October 2003, 18:56   #189
daven

Send a message via AIM to daven Send a message via Yahoo to daven
Ok, ive read through *all* pages (phew) of this topic quickly, to try and check that these bugs havnt been posted before. If they have, I'm very sorry, I know how annoying it will be (update, I wrote all of this yesterday, but didnt have time to post it. hence its contents may already now be known (haven't read todays posts)).

1.)in prefs>library>media importing>add folder, does not remember last folder seleted (keeps selecting the folder i last loaded a music file or playlist from)

2.)when you activate play>advanced playback>stop after current, there is no check box which appears next to that menu item to show whether it is activated or deactivated. I can see nothing on the skin which would inidacte this either. makes it hard to remember whether playback will finish after current song or not.

3.(in winamp modern skin, with drawer animations on)I don't know if it's just my pc, but when I minimise the vis drawer (and it is set to maximise upwards and minimise downwards) then the title bar is displayed repeatedly on the area of desktop where it has rolled down, untill the animation is complete.

Likewise, if it is set to maximise downwards, and minimise upwards, the lower portion of the window is repeated upwards until animation is complete. This also occurs when the vis window is set to video (and no video is playing), so it is not a result of an animation playing in the window or anything like that.

My PC should easily be able to cope, so I'm not sure whats going on (2.53Ghz, 512Mb ram, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. Any suggestions, or is it a bug?

4.)I think I saw this one already listed, but here goes anyway: when you load winamp5 (and it's set to start in modern skin) the title bar of the classic playlist skin shows up (on the opposite end of the screen to where winamp is set to be positioned!) for about 0.5sec, then it disappears and winamp loads normally in correct position.

5.)It still does not toast bread or mow the lawn

I have a question, which is just out of interest, I'm not slaggin off nullsoft or anything for charging. Indeed, I'm going to buy the pro version even though theres no way I'd ever use any of the functions it provides (winamp isnt dedicated to those functions, so doesnt have all the options cdex/nero does) just to show my support for winamp.
Anyway, how come cdex is free and rips music (and encodes in mp3), but Winamp has to make people pay (I read somewhere that the pro cost is to cover the cost of the mp3 coding license)? Is cdex illegally converting to mp3? Im not saying nullsoft are ripping us off, im just curious why cdex dont have to charge?

Thanks, sorry its a bit of a long post.

I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

Last edited by daven; 23rd October 2003 at 19:20.
Old 23rd October 2003, 20:58   #190
ozloi

Send a message via AIM to ozloi
I still havent seen a reply regarding the scaling bug that cuts off modern skins when they leave the screen of the monitor. the posts is near bottom of page 4 and theres another one i hadnt seen when i originally posted but later acknowledged a few posts up regarding the issue
Old 23rd October 2003, 21:00   #191
gt24

Winamp 5 crash. This happens with the MMD3 skin downloaded from << here >>. Anyways, here are some config stuff (don't know if it matters).

Silver 1 | Dark Blue color theme
vol,bass,treble lights are on
and the last time I tried this, I was in winshade mode

Alt - L for library. In Local Media, I have Audio and Video. Double click on Audio to play everything in that section, and I get a freeze (the interface freezes, whatever music that was playing in the background plays on and on though.

Doesn't happen on other skins.

Need confirmation, does anybody else have that problem?
Old 23rd October 2003, 23:52   #192
konedima

Quote:
Noted! Strike 1
3 and you're out.
can i say "what the hell????" on these forums?
Old 24th October 2003, 00:31   #193
Hobie-wan

Quote:

Did I miss anyone?
Yup, more info about my cd/scope sync problem. Though I know you're trying to catch everyone.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....80#post1134780
Old 24th October 2003, 00:53   #194
The Thief

It could be just my old computer being to crap to run new programs(PII 333 256mb RAM) but when playing a CD, Winamp crashes every time it gets to the next track. It has bluescreened a few times, sometimes the screen goes black for a second, and when it lights up again winamp isnt running...
Old 24th October 2003, 02:12   #195
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@The Thief
That is a tech support issue.
Although beta software isn't normally supported,
please post in the Winamp (2.x/5.0) discussions forum and I/we will try to help.
Include sys specs again, this time also including:
windows os, graphics card, soundcard, cd-rom make/model
and details of the error messages in the bsod.

@Hobie-wan
I can't personally seem to reproduce that problem at the mo.
Built-in vis with Audio CD appears to be running ok for me.
Anyone else?

[edit] no, wait . . . yes, it just happened to me now.
Spectrum is just wavering along the bottom (8 or 9 mins into long track).
Looks like it's getting stuck in an endless buffer loop or something [/edit]

@gt24
Some mmd3 issues have been fixed in latest internal build.
One of them is a fix for lag when loading large playlists.

@ozloi
Can't reproduce it with latest internal beta.
Anyone else?

@daven
1) I think Winamp remembers cwd (current windows dir) per session.
What happens if you edit cwd= entry in winamp.ini (main winamp dir)?
(make sure winamp is closed first)
Could be a bug, could be Windows related. Not sure.

2) Yes, "stop after current" checkmark should be there . . . but isn't.

3) can't reproduce

4) known bug. already fixed

5) no bj's either . . . though I'm working on a plugin
Old 24th October 2003, 04:50   #196
Alexlbcc

Send a message via ICQ to Alexlbcc
Shift-V

The shift-v shortcut to fade out doesn't work properly anymore. It will fade out, but then at the last second it will spike up to the normal volume. Is anyone else getting this error? Other than that, it looks good

XP Pro, athalon xp 2000+, 512megs ddr, Creative sblive, voodoo3
Old 24th October 2003, 05:34   #197
Lunas

My main window dissappeared leaving only a distorted playlist and my equalizer to get the player part back I had to close winamp.

this bug was caused during the 4 hours I was gone from my pc and had winamp running and playing random mp3s and every song a diffrent skin was applied.

I assume it was caused by a modern skin when one of the 4 I have came up in a list of 648 skins.
Old 24th October 2003, 07:19   #198
rlevis

This is a problem in Winamp 5.0 beta & 2.91, and is actually a bug in in_vorbis.dll.

When listening to a vorbis stream, if the stream is interrupted for any reason, Winamp crashes dead. This can occur if the internet connection is cut or unreliable, or the station stops streaming. The Windows error report mentions in_vorbis.dll as being the culprit.

The crash occurs on every PC I've tried including Win98 and XP. I was hoping it would have been fixed by now. It's been around for 12 months or more.

Ross Levis.
Old 24th October 2003, 08:09   #199
cppman

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
Just noticed a bug in Milkdrop, dunno if it's Wa5 specific or if it's in Wa2 aswell.

if I for example show the fps by pressing F5.
Close Winamp 5 and open it up again, that setting is not saved..

Annoying..

@who_am_i:
Winamp3 was going to be ported to Linux, I'm one of those who cannot accept Winamp3 beeing dead so I still think it will make it someday.
Winamp 5 will probably never be ported to Linux since it's built on Win32 code (Winamp 2).

-Plague
I reported this and some other Milkdrop related stuff earlier:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....58#post1131058

Any info on it?
Old 24th October 2003, 08:59   #200
Viper007Bond
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Viper007Bond Send a message via AIM to Viper007Bond Send a message via Yahoo to Viper007Bond
A skin crashed Winamp (WA3 skin). Not that I care as it's a shitty skin and I'm about to delete it, but just lettin you know. XP generated error log attached. Winamp skin named "Elsedei v1.1".
Attached Files
File Type: txt appcompat.txt (45.0 KB, 190 views)

- Viper007Bond | Viper007Bond.com
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports