Old 20th November 2003, 00:28   #1
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Put ALL Winamp 5.0 RC Bugs In HERE!

WINAMP 5 FINAL IS OUT SO THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

UNINSTALL ALL OLD BETA BUILDS BEFORE UPGRADING TO RC and FINAL!!!

LATEST BUILD
Winamp 5 build (Latest Build is RC666) Compiled Dec 10.2003
Download and info HERE.

To Post A Good Bug Report Include the Following:
Winamp Version (Latest Version 5.0 RC666)
System Specs
Windows OS
And any other relative information to the bug you are reporting
eg. video card or sound card!
Plus confirmation the bug still exists after removing ALL 3rd-party plugins.

Also exact steps on how to reproduce the bug, because if we can't help you no one can!

Please read the known bugs thread first.

NOTE: Since we are in RC Stage NO NEW Features are/will be added, Only CrashBugs and SERIOUS Bugs will be fixed.

Last edited by Dazog; 15th December 2003 at 19:22.
Old 20th November 2003, 00:44   #2
macross233

ms mm keys

the ms kb multimedia keys on my natural kbpro worked on alpha one, but no longer work on later releases, including rc8
Old 20th November 2003, 00:51   #3
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: ms mm keys

Quote:
Originally posted by macross233
the ms kb multimedia keys on my natural kbpro worked on alpha one, but no longer work on later releases, including rc8
Not winamp's fault. When winamp 5.0 is Done you will probably need a driver update from Microsoft.
Old 20th November 2003, 01:06   #4
sebt

WA5rc8 Spectrum analyser

It seems that when playing AAC files (ripped by winamp) the spectrum analyser doesn't behave properly. MF sounds cause the lower bars to bounce, LF the middle bars and HF - well thats all over the place. Also the general appearance of the analyser seems out of step with the music. What's going on?

Playing the same file encoded as MP3 seems to work much better though I have a suspicion that something may have gone awry at rc8?

Seb

[merged: 156844 --> DJ Egg]
Old 20th November 2003, 01:06   #5
Carnicero

I still have the same problem I've been having with beta2. It involves the config drawer when the main player is docked on top of the Playlist Editor.

When I clicked the Config drawer button in beta2, the drawer dropped down with the PL window snapped on. The drawer did not open OVER the PL window but pushed it right down instead.

Now in RC8, the drawer opens over top of the PL window, but when it fully extends the PL window suddenly jumps down and docks to the bottom edge of the drawer. It almost works correctly but when the drawer is fully opened I end up with the same problem.

The drawer worked perfectly fine in beta1. Anyone else have this problem? It also happens with the vis window when I have the drawer set to open downwards. It just pushes the PL window down, even though the PL window is nested in the lower right corner of my desktop.
Old 20th November 2003, 01:16   #6
DJ_Upsilon

winamp 5 RC8 is unable to detect bit rate and sound mode with winamp 3 skins...i tried reinstalling and a clean install and still no go... the bit rate and sound mode dont show up when playing a mp3 when using winamp 3 skins ....using windows xp sp1...they worked fine with beta 2...and other files types show up correctly such as streaming audio and OGG vorbis....also strange how it says optimal speed is 15ms on my athlon 3200+ but on my old 1800+ it says 10ms is optimal...
Old 20th November 2003, 01:17   #7
Qaxar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Qaxar Send a message via AIM to Qaxar
Picture Box in Winamp 5

There is a bug with the id3v2 Picture Box plugin in the beta 2 version. This plugin displays a picture box showing the cover art picture that is imbedded in the MP3 file. In the beta 2 version, a picture is displayed for the first track played when Winamp 5 is opened. The problem is that it never changes to the picture imbedded in subsequent tracks.

This procedure worked perfectly in Winamp 2.91 (and earlier versions), and also in Winamp 5 beta 1. Doesn't work in Beta 2.

I contacted the plugin author, and he indicated that he will not be researching this problem. Since it has been working perfectly before, it does appear to be a Winamp problem.

[Merged: (156846) --Sawg]
Old 20th November 2003, 01:27   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Upsilon
winamp 5 RC8 is unable to detect bit rate and sound mode with winamp 3 skins
Cannot reproduce. Anyone else?
Tried with MMD3, FusionAmp, Boom, Invicta, and a few others.
All display kbps, khz and stereo perfectly ok.
Quote:
also strange how it says optimal speed is 15ms on my athlon 3200+ but on my old 1800+ it says 10ms is optimal
I think it auto-suggested 10ms on all ~1GHz+ machines in b2. I guess this was changed/fixed to make sure too many people didn't moan about high cpu-usage, without realizing it was because they'd set timers resolution to 10ms.
Old 20th November 2003, 01:29   #9
bubkaii

Send a message via AIM to bubkaii
microsoft multimedia keyboard does not work in "modern" skin mode but fine in "classic"

this sucks because the notification window rules man

it worked fine in older versions of winamp2x 3x 5x
Old 20th November 2003, 01:31   #10
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Please read the first post by Dazog before posting here.
Any posts which do not meet those requirements will be ignored.
Old 20th November 2003, 01:37   #11
bubkaii

Send a message via AIM to bubkaii
sorry, i just cant wait for intellitype 6.0 though
Old 20th November 2003, 01:41   #12
DJ_Upsilon

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Cannot reproduce. Anyone else?
Tried with MMD3, FusionAmp, Boom, Invicta, and a few others.
All display kbps, khz and stereo perfectly ok.
I think it auto-suggested 10ms on all ~1GHz+ machines in b2. I guess this was changed/fixed to make sure too many people didn't moan about high cpu-usage, without realizing it was because they'd set timers resolution to 10ms.
hmm ive noticed that the stats update when i switch skins only... i would switch to a skin then it would update but only when i switch...i could load another mp3 after that and it would just keep previous stats....the default modern skin does not do this however...but all winamp 3 based skins do....classic skins work fine
Old 20th November 2003, 01:48   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Upsilon
hmm ive noticed that the stats update when i switch skins only... i would switch to a skin then it would update but only when i switch...i could load another mp3 after that and it would just keep previous stats....the default modern skin does not do this however...but all winamp 3 based skins do....classic skins work fine
Right you are.
Thanks for the extra reproduction info.

Bug now confirmed & reproduced.

With a track playing in modern skin,
switch to another skin, eg. MMD3
Click "Next"
Note, it may change from 'stereo' to 'mono' here.
Play a file that you know has a different bitrate,
note no display change.
Click "stop".
Play a new track.
Note how it says 'mono', and kbps & Khz fields are now blank.

(Athlon XP 2400+, 512 DDR, GF4, WinXP, DX9.0b, WA5rc8, no 3rd-party plugins)

If anyone else can reproduce this, please say so below.

[edit]
hmm, not all 3rd-party skins include this feature.
I guess it could be an MMD3-specific bug.
Talking of which . . . koalla2 skin just crashed my winamp. bleh
Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.
[/edit]
Old 20th November 2003, 01:50   #14
DJ_Upsilon

Quote:
Right you are.
Thanks for the extra reproduction info.
Bug confirmed & reproduced.
thank God i'm not the only one ...this does not happen on my old 1800+ however and I did use RC8 with MMD3
Old 20th November 2003, 03:27   #15
sebt

FAO DJ Egg.. (sorry to crosspost, just realised to post these here)

The following two issues that I previously reported at 5.0b1/b2 are still here at rc8:

1. Windowshade mode behaviour in modern skins when glued to the bottom/right of the screen (make it like the classic skins please)

2. Problem with DirectSound outputs for my DSP factories not ending in as they should with '#2' in winamp, therefore not able to select outputs on my second card.

I reported both the above to you in earlier threads with more detail, let me know if you need more info.

Also I reported this in WA discussion..

3. Just noticed in WA5 rc8 that when playing AAC files (ripped with WA therefore using the inbuilt plugin) the spectrum analyser appears to be wrong. Medium and HF seem to make the lower bars pulse and LF seems to make the more middle bars pulse. Difficult to describe but it seems definitely wrong and not correlating with the music as it should.

The same file ripped as MP3 displays correctly in the analyser although I have a sneaking suspicion that its been more accurate and in more accurate time with the music in earlier releases of WA5 (just a hunch though, its very minor with MP3).

I used the Sting song "Inside" for the test which ends with a simple acoustic riff which, in AAC is making the bottom bar pulse strong but in MP3 a spread of bars 4,5,6 which is what I would expect. Also in AAC sub-Bass thumps are making the middle bars pulse etc etc..

Seb

[edit]
I already merged your original post re: aac/analyzer. See above --> DJ Egg
[/edit]
Old 20th November 2003, 03:40   #16
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Winamp 5.0 RC8 Modern Skin
WinXP Pro SP1
AMD Athlon 1.1 Ghz
128Gb Primary Drive
768Mb ram

When I drag and drop a bookmarked station in the Media Library,
some of the bookmarks disappear.
Scrolling the list sometimes gets them back.
More often than not, I have to close the Media Library and reopen it,
to get them back.

Last edited by papadoc; 20th November 2003 at 04:09.
Old 20th November 2003, 03:40   #17
DELTA75329

Send a message via AIM to DELTA75329
Winamp 5 Beat-Meter VIS

OK.. I know I'm not supposed to complain about CPU usage for the beat-meter, but this is a little odd. Try this:

1 - Set your timers resolution to the lowest value (10ms)
2 - In the main window, stretch Winamp 5 to make the beat-meter visible.
3 - Play a track. (I used garden variety MP3s) Notice the insanely high CPU usage? (I Know.)

Here's where things get weird. (I can reproduce this issue even after reboot)

4 - With the track still playing, and the CPU time still in orbit, open the EQ drawer. WHOA! What happened to the CPU time? The beat-meter and VIS work great, but without all that CPU time.

Am I the only one with this issue? If so, is there anyway to get that great CPU time with the drawer closed?

I'm using the directsound output plugin, and changing that to waveout has no effect.

Thanks in advance for the help!

System Specs (Custom built box):
- Windows XP Professional, SP1
- AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (stock clock)
- Asus A7A-266, BIOS 1011
- 768 RAM (NON-DDR)
- VideoCard: Abit Siluro GeForce4 Ti 4200 (AGP 4x, 64mb vRAM)
- SoundCard: Yamaha YMF-724.
(Both Video and Sound cards are using the latest drivers for Windows XP)
Old 20th November 2003, 03:53   #18
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
Winamp Version 5.0 RC8
Pentium 4 @ 1.5 GHz
Windows XP Pro
ATI Radeon 9200

The Video player treats track changes as Stops (i.e. if "Close the video window after video playback ends" or "Remove fullscreen on stop" are selected, they are activated on track change, regardless of whether the next track is a video, and the video window does not reopen, so I'm left with just the audio unless I open the video window manually)

Does that make sense to anyone but me?

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Old 20th November 2003, 04:51   #19
trebucket

Winamp Version 5.0 RC8
Pentium 4 @ 2.0 gHz
Windows XP Home
ATI Radeon 9000

When Advanced title formatting is disabled, winamp doesn't revert to the plugin settings for title display. When I load an album that (in ogg format) from my media library, all the titles are written as the advanced title formatting says. When the file is played, the title is changed to the way it is denoted within the OGG plugin settings. The same thing occurs with mp3's. Changing the settings for when titles are read don't effect this at all, and I can reproduce the effect at will.
Old 20th November 2003, 05:51   #20
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@trebucket
Not a bug.
You need to reload or refresh the playlist for that.
Easiest way being:
Sel button -> select all
Misc button -> misc -> read extended info on selection

@Nimelennar
Can't reproduce.
You do have "display video window when playback begins" checkmarked, yes?

@DELTA75329
Well spotted!
and well freaky.

@sebt
1) Not sure what you meant, but I think you need to check "unlink position & width" in: config drawer -> options -> winshade

2) still not sure about this one, not much I can personally do
(I did report it first time around)

3) haven't checked yet, but will do v.soon

@papadoc
Hi
Yes, I've just reproduced this.
Took me a while to figure out what you meant.
ie. drag a bookmark (ml -> bookmarks -> right pane)
as though to move it up/down the list
and sometimes, but not all times,
all the bookmarks seem to vanish
(note, I've only got 3 listed, lol).
To fix it, I just click on another view (eg. Recent Items)
and when I click Bookmarks again, then they all reappear,
and in the correct order (according to drag).
I'll report this and see whether anything can be done...

@DJ_Upsilon
Bug fixed in rc9 (not publically available)
Thank you!
Old 20th November 2003, 05:52   #21
Gav08

Can't run winamp with modern skin

Winamp 5.0 RC 8

Intel P4 2,5 Gh
512 MB RAM
Nvidia Gforce 4 Ti4600
Yamaha AC-XG
Windows Xp Home SP1

When I try to switch to modern skin in preferences this message appears:

Assertion failed
Expression: !Std::isDirChar(ret.lastChar())
File: C.\dev\Studio\studio\pathmgr.cpp
Line 71

Did a clean install, no plugins.

[merged: 156873 --> DJ Egg]
Old 20th November 2003, 06:28   #22
shins

Winamp Version 5.0 RC8
Athlon Thunderbird @ 1.4 GHz
Windows XP Pro
Geforce 3 TI-200 52.16 WHQL dets
=================================================

Ctrl+Clicking under the artist column in media library does not highlight even though it selects.

In media library, when dragging a selection box upwards past tracks, and letting go in album frame under artist column, it selects the artist in the upper frame instead of the tracks in the lower.

After selecting multiple tracks in media library, if a track is clicked under the artist column, the selected tracks appear as if they're still selected when they're not.

In media library, dragging a selection box around tracks doesn't work if clicked under any column other than artist. Also can't drag selection box in artist column if any text is clicked on to start the drag.

Enabling Logarithmic volume control seems to make actual volume go from 10% to 100% when moving volume slider from the center to the far right (instead of 50% volume to 100%).

Last edited by shins; 20th November 2003 at 06:44.
Old 20th November 2003, 06:32   #23
DiEMOS

this one is quite annoying and DEFINATLY a bug.
Winamp 5 RC8

When winamp is in winshade mode and watching ANY KIND of video on DEATCHED video window, when u double click on winamp to make it into full mode the video stops and then it closes.
Old 20th November 2003, 06:51   #24
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DiEMOS
this one is quite annoying and DEFINITELY a bug.
Winamp 5 RC8

When winamp is in winshade mode and watching ANY KIND of video on DEATCHED video window, when u double click on winamp to make it into full mode the video stops and then it closes.
Yup, except the way to reproduce it is:
Have video window attached.
Play a video.
Put main window into winshade,
Video window becomes detached, but continues playing.
Now put main window back in normal mode,
Video window is attached again, but playback has stopped.

@shins
Yes, I can reproduce some of those, but not all.
Some have been reported previously,
but no-one else seemed to be able to reproduce them at the time.

Note: Both shins' & DiEMOS' bug reports sent.
Thanks
Old 20th November 2003, 07:39   #25
Carnicero

I think the problem I mentioned above is related to a skin code error. I tried the same test I did with beta2: using the skin from beta1, which results in the config drawer opening over top of docked windows correctly without repositioning them.

The beta1 version of the Winamp Modern skin also works fine in RC8. So it has to be a skin problem regarding snap points or something along those lines. There was a similar problem with MMD3 in the past, where you couldn't snap a window on the side of the player the drawer was on, but you could snap to the invisible edge of the transparent space reserved for the open drawer. This particular problem has windows snapping correctly, but the drawer (when opened fully) yanks any docked windows with it.

Here's my specs just in case:

Athlon 2GHz
512MB RAM
WinXP SP1
onboard GeForce4 MX video
latest DirectX
desktop at 1280x1024x32
3M mousepad
Old 20th November 2003, 08:12   #26
dougieha

DJ: These are from the other thread, but I figured I'd put them in here for better exposure.

Winamp 5 RC8
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
WinXP SP1
Radeon 9800 Pro
Creative SB Live 5.1

1) If I click on a file in the media library, right click, hit select all, nothing highlights until I change window focus...but everything was actually "highlighted" in the sense that they were all selected.

2) The width of the pop-up notifications seems to be dependent upon the length of the song title + song time down to a certain minimum. However, how about this scenario:

Say I'm playing a song with a really short title ("1", for example), with an artist of "2". So, the string should be "2 - 1 (X:XX)", where X:XX is the time. Now, pause the song, and then unpause it. The pop-up notification that appears when you unpause the song has the two parts of the top line ("34/60" (for example) and "Resuming playback") overlapping each other. It seems like the notification pop-up box should resize depending on not just the song name line, but any line, so that overlaps are impossible.

3) Also, say I'm playing a song and I edit the info, changing name and artist, for example. Then, if I go and pause and then unpause the song, the pop-up notification that appears when I unpause the song still has the old info in it, not the updated song name and artist, like it should.

4) The bottom line of the pop-up notification is slightly cut-off along its bottom edge (like the tail of a "g" is cut off).

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 20th November 2003, 08:45   #27
cppman

WinXP SP1
Athlon 1Ghz
ATI AIW RADEON (RADEON 7200)
512 MB RAM
AC 97 onboard sound

This is intersting.
I like to use the "X-mouse -> Activation follows mouse" option in tweakui. When I hover the mouse over the main window it is activated and when I hover over the playlist it is activated. This is fine; however, the mouse wheel still controls the volume if the mouse is over the playlist. If I click on a song in the playlist, it still controls the volume! I have to click on the window border before I can scroll through songs. Works fine with X-mouse off. I don't get it though, if the window is activated shouldn't it be getting the input?

edit:
It works properly if I move the mouse off the main window and onto another application, then move it on to the playlist and vice versa. So the problem only occurs when the focus shifts directly from one window to the other.
Old 20th November 2003, 10:06   #28
A-KO

Winamp 5 RC8
Windows XP Professional

In the playlist, when you highlight a bunch of files using FILE adding mode, the last file that is highlighted becomes the first file in the list, even if the filename should place it last in the order.

All of the other files order correctly.

I'm just a nitpicker It's just when highlighting a few songs in a continuous mix CD, well you know, it's just a tad on the annoying side.
Old 20th November 2003, 10:51   #29
OttoBufonto

A couple of minor observations (bugs?)...

Winamp5 RC8
Windows 2000 SP2,
P IV 1.7 GHz
Gforce4 420 go
512 Mb RAM

* I have Internet Explorer configured to (among other things) prompt me when running ActivX controls and plug-ins. When selecting "Now playing" in the ML it get prompted as I should. Now I close the ML and skip to the next file (ML closed) and I still get prompted as ML seems to still updated that page in the background....

* I played songs from a mapped network drive (via PL or "open files") and lost LAN connection. Sometimes Winamp hung using 100% CPU. I couldn't reproduce the CPU hog consistently. In some cases Winamp continued to play the buffered sequence, but then didn't stop at the end of the song, but started counting the remaining song time positive...
On other occasions it hung again. When LAN was back, I managed to play next song and CPU was back to normal.

For those occations where Winamp didn't hang, I clicked on "Next", Winamp tried to play the other songs on the PL. Some songs showed the correct playing time, some displayed (-16:-40) as playing time.

* (this one was probalby submitted a million times..) I play a song in the PL and delete all entries in the PL and load a new PL. (old song still playing) On hitting next, the second song in the PL starts (skipping the first one)

* When using Milkdrop as VIS, CPU still goes to 100% when stopping or pausing a song.

Otto
Old 20th November 2003, 11:10   #30
ronial77

The link to rc8 download doesn't work.

[edit]It works now[/edit]

Last edited by ronial77; 20th November 2003 at 11:33.
Old 20th November 2003, 11:25   #31
Marino5

bug:
richt click on the taskbar - winamp - visualization...
check the attached image..
rc8, winxp (w stylexp), modern skin.

ps: woa.. winamp 5 really rocks!! it's the REAL winamp.. light as ver 2, freat as ver 3...

rulez!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bug.jpg (91.5 KB, 908 views)
Old 20th November 2003, 12:30   #32
Cimmo

Send a message via ICQ to Cimmo
Winamp 5.0 RC8 - WinXP Pro
A bug or a feature...where is the thin line?

If you open Advanced Visualization Studio of course the cpu usage is higher than playing mp3s without it.
BUT
if you minimize Winamp to the systray, the Visualization Studio doesn't show anything, however the cpu usage is the same...why?
I think only Winamp3 correctly stops use cpu for AVS when WA is minimized...but I know that WA5 is WA2 like.

Bye
Old 20th November 2003, 12:56   #33
DELTA75329

Send a message via AIM to DELTA75329
Quote:
@DELTA75329
Well spotted!
and well freaky.
Whew! Glad I'm not the only one. I hope this gets fixed. The lower the CPU time, the better
Old 20th November 2003, 13:44   #34
papadoc
Comfortably Numb
(Forum King)

Quote:
@papadoc
Hi
Yes, I've just reproduced this.
Took me a while to figure out what you meant.
ie. drag a bookmark (ml -> bookmarks -> right pane)
as though to move it up/down the list
and sometimes, but not all times,
all the bookmarks seem to vanish
(note, I've only got 3 listed, lol).
To fix it, I just click on another view (eg. Recent Items)
and when I click Bookmarks again, then they all reappear,
and in the correct order (according to drag).
I'll report this and see whether anything can be done...
Hi DJ Egg!
Yes, that's it. Sorry I didn't explain it better.
If the bookmark pane is full of bookmarks like mine is,
it's quite noticable.

Thanks
Old 20th November 2003, 14:36   #35
BRunner

WinAMP and LiteStep

Winamp Version 5.0 RC8
Win2k SP4
LiteStep 0.2.47 RC 1
ckVWM 1.34 virtual desktop LiteStep plug-in

With Classic Skin WinAMP playlist appears on all virtual desktops regardless of "Always on LiteStep Virtual Desktops" settings and vice versa, media library shows only on one virtual desktop.

With Modern Skin all WinAMP windows appears on all virtual desktops regardless of "Always on LiteStep Virtual Desktops" settings. Plus, when i switch from Classic to Modern skin, Classic WinAMP window stays visible, but i can't move nor minimize it.

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 20th November 2003, 14:38   #36
SarCaSM

RC8 - WinXP Pro

Take the modern skin, go into windowshade mode, dock it to the bottom of your screen, unwindowshade it, it end up having the portion you'd expect to see below the taskbar.

Also if you dock it to the bottom in unwindowshade mode, then bring it to windowshade, the windowshade mode does not get docked to the bottom.
Old 20th November 2003, 14:43   #37
m0digital

Send a message via AIM to m0digital
I don't know if this has been looked at yet or not.
But I received this error in RC1, now its still here in RC8.

I'm doing nothing fancy, I just installed the program, RC8, and am running it for the first time. Modern skin support is turned on. As soon as I run it it returns this error:

Assertion Failed
Expression: f != Null
File: C:\dev\Studio\Studio\font.cpp
Line: 131

It will just hang there, I can't even click OK or Cancel.

My System specs:
Windows 2003 Server as a Workstation with all the eye candy turned on
GeForce Ti4600
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

Any idea what this is?
Old 20th November 2003, 14:52   #38
sebt

@DJ Egg

1. Ok, Go into windowshade mode. Glue winamp to the bottom of the screen. Now go out of windowshade mode. Winamp expands off the screen. The only time it doesnt do this is when in "Unlink position and width" in which case it puts the winamp window in its remembered position for windowshade and non-windowshade modes. By the way the same problem applies when winamp is glued to the right, and windowshade "unlink width" mode is on, in which case winamp expanding should slide it to the left to keep it on the screen. Currently it expands to the right off the screen. If you want to see how all this should behave, try it in the classic skin.

2. I mentioned this problem before... Say I have two DirectSound outputs, one named "YAMAHA DS2416 1" and the other named "YAMAHA DS2416 1 #2". Winamp lists BOTH of these as "YAMAHA DS2416 1" in the dropdown. Which means it is impossible to select the second one, because windows matches combobox items to text. Because the text is the same, windows will always return a pointer to the first item, effectively stopping the other output being chosen.

3. Definitely the spectrum analyser is behaving weird with AAC. I still think it may be not all there in MP3 now as well

(New RC8 problems)

4. In ML, using Internet Radio. Using manual refresh for radio and with a big list of stations, click bookmarks then click Radio again, then use the down scroll button and see a graphical glitch appear as the radio station list scrolls.

5. No up and down scroll arrows on the playlist.

6. Next / previous track on modern skins still look like FF / REW buttons

7. When listening to Radio, for some reason "Now Playing" which in beta 2 used to take me to an radio's homepage, now doesn't, and instead just shows winamp's "current track" page.

8. Cant get CD's to play in XP using SCSI CDRom drives. This is whether using in_cdda.dll or CDReader.dll.

9. Use of CDReader.dll makes devices disappear in ml and effectively makes it impossible to do ripping.

That's it for now!

Seb
Old 20th November 2003, 15:10   #39
zootm
Forum King

RC8 - Windows XP Professional

!NOT SURE IF THIS IS A BUG! - if the "info" window in the ML is supposed to download details (biography etc.) from the internet, it doesn't seem to work for me. tried with various file/tag formats (ogg/mp3/idv1/2). i'm connecting through an http-proxy, on port 3128.

of course, if it's not supposed to connect to the internet, ignore me

edit: also, something that's been present since 2.9 (i think i reported it then) - occasionally the ML won't show the "internet radio" list once it's loaded - it freezes on "downloading list" and the bytesize of the full list. clicking off and back (forcing a refresh) usually fixes this.

Old 20th November 2003, 15:23   #40
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Marino5
bug:
richt click on the taskbar - winamp - visualization...
check the attached image..
rc8, winxp (w stylexp), modern skin.

ps: woa.. winamp 5 really rocks!! it's the REAL winamp.. light as ver 2, freat as ver 3...

rulez!
If you are using Style XP, then its probably ur theme's fault.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports