Old 20th November 2003, 15:26   #41
MikeWarner

There seems to be an issue with track length on longer tracks (7mins or so). With longer songs, if they play through they are OK, but if you drag the track to about 98% and leave it you may find that the track length goes wrong. See the attached image for an example.

All my MP3s are encoded at 75% VBR.

System is P4 2.4, WinXP Home SP1, Winamp5 RC8.

With reference to a previous post - Microsoft MM keys work fine for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp5.jpg (42.9 KB, 433 views)
Old 20th November 2003, 15:46   #42
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Re: Winamp 5 Beat-Meter VIS

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTA75329
OK.. I know I'm not supposed to complain about CPU usage for the beat-meter, but this is a little odd. Try this:
[edit]
Ok, I have reproducded this on my Durron 1300, 256mb pc133, winXP pro sp1. AC'97 sound, ATI Radeon 7500, dual display.

However, when I open the drawer, my cpu usage is still way high (75-92%), when I diable the beatmeter, it immeadatly drops to around 15-17%.

Oh yeah, I run winamp primarily on my second montior.

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 20th November 2003, 15:48   #43
Marino5

mmhhhh... this only happens with winamp 5 (not with other appz nor winamp 2-3...) and if i turn off stylexp and the customized theme the problem remain..
Old 20th November 2003, 15:52   #44
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@MikeWarner - I think thats a modern skin problem, try MMD3, it worked fine for me.

2 mins later, I tried to reproduce but I cant.
BTW, you have the cross fader turned on? Cause thats most likley whats causeing that. IMHO

Old 20th November 2003, 15:57   #45
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Marino5
mmhhhh... this only happens with winamp 5 (not with other appz nor winamp 2-3...) and if i turn off stylexp and the customized theme the problem remain..
Provide system specs

and make sure you Uninstalled the Beta before installing this.
Old 20th November 2003, 16:18   #46
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Re the Xmouse bug. I use that same feature, it seems that something, remebers the last winamp window you were in, ie:

If the last window I was in was the PE, and I hover my mouse over the Main window, its scrolls my playlist as opposed to the volume.

The opposite is true if the last window was the main. and I hover over the PE, Volume, and not scroll is affected.

Now, if I hover over both windows BEFORE I scroll any thing, it seems to work fine.
[edit]
Whoops, I was wrong, hovering over both helps, it just means that I have to click in the PE as per normal behavior. Which is 50% ok with me, I rarley use the PE. I prefer the ML.

Also, if the xmouse could select which pane in the ML was being scrolled, as opposed to clicking.

I know that clicking isn't that hard. But I am a lazy programmer (still in University)

Old 20th November 2003, 17:02   #47
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Can't run winamp with modern skin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gav08
Winamp 5.0 RC 8

Intel P4 2,5 Gh
512 MB RAM
Nvidia Gforce 4 Ti4600
Yamaha AC-XG
Windows Xp Home SP1

When I try to switch to modern skin in preferences this message appears:

Assertion failed
Expression: !Std::isDirChar(ret.lastChar())
File: C.\dev\Studio\studio\pathmgr.cpp
Line 71

Did a clean install, no plugins.

[merged: 156873 --> DJ Egg]
This bug has been fixed now.

Thanx
Old 20th November 2003, 18:11   #48
ZeroSeven

Send a message via ICQ to ZeroSeven Send a message via Yahoo to ZeroSeven
I've noticed an extremely annoying bug when playing audio CD's.

When I insert a CD, Winamp will come up and load the track names as it normally does which is fine, but when the tracks are played, their names are replaced with 'Track 1', 'Track 2' etc etc instead of the actual track names. To get the names back, I can click on the track in the playlist, then goto the Misc menu and click 'Read extended info on selection'. This gets the names back, but again if I start playing any of the tracks, the name will be replaced with the standard 'Track 1' (the number displayed is of course the actual track number, its not always 1).

This behaviour doesnt happen on Beta 2 (which was the last WA5 build I used before installing RC8) or on WA2.

I have tried getting the CD info from CDDB again and saving it, but this doesnt fix the problem.
Old 20th November 2003, 18:12   #49
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Nimelennar
Can't reproduce.
You do have "display video window when playback begins" checkmarked, yes?
Yes, yes I do.

I figured out that half of it (the video window closing on track change) was the skin (blink-182 Feeling This), and I know that that's up to the skin's developer to fix, but even when it's in the Modern skin the video window leaves fullscreen mode on track change.

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Old 20th November 2003, 18:44   #50
KillerFreak

Send a message via AIM to KillerFreak
Skin not working WA5

take a look I dont know what I did or how to fix it but some one please tell me what I did wrong
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yep somethings wrong.jpg (6.2 KB, 404 views)
Old 20th November 2003, 18:46   #51
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by sebt

1. windowshade mode.
Known issue, already reported.
Some kind of "keeponscreen" fix is required to make modern skin behave like classic, so it doesn't go off screen if docked to eg. bottom of screen in winshade mode then maximized.
Quote:
2. ...two DirectSound outputs
As I said, I reported this first time around. Nothing much more I can do.
Quote:
3. spectrum analyser behaving weird with AAC
Still haven't had time to check. Anyone else?
Quote:
4. ml -> radio -> graphical glitch
Cannot reproduce
Quote:
5. No up and down scroll arrows on the playlist
Not a bug. Feature requests go in the Wishlist
Quote:
6. Next / previous track on modern skins still look like FF / REW buttons
See 5
Quote:
7. When listening to Radio, for some reason "Now Playing" just shows winamp's "current track" page.
Works fine for me. Does it work for you with local file lookups?
Quote:
8. Cant get CD's to play in XP using SCSI CDRom drives.
Someone on the team with a SCSI drive will need to look into this. Mine are both IDE
Quote:
9. Use of CDReader.dll makes devices disappear in ml and effectively makes it impossible to do ripping.
3rd-party plugins are not our problem.
Old 20th November 2003, 18:53   #52
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeWarner
There seems to be an issue with track length on longer tracks (7mins or so). With longer songs, if they play through they are OK, but if you drag the track to about 98% and leave it you may find that the track length goes wrong.

All my MP3s are encoded at 75% VBR.
Cannot reproduce. What encoder did you use? If Xing, try vbrfix
Old 20th November 2003, 19:02   #53
spacenuts

Two Problems HERE

Well the first problem I have to ask is when I try and play SVCDs in Winamp, its freezes after the first 5 seconds. Now I have the SVCD codec in my computer and I can play the video fine in Windows Media Player.

The second problem is when I try and play a movie that extends the WINAMP player is shoves the Media Library out of the way. I want it to overlap.. Look at my pics to see what I'm talkin about.

Now looking at the second pic... how do I make the Media Library stay in the same spot like in the first pic... Someone please help !
Old 20th November 2003, 21:31   #54
spacenuts

Heres the two pics

FIRST PIC

SECOND PIC
Old 20th November 2003, 21:46   #55
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Two Problems HERE

Quote:
Originally posted by spacenuts
Well the first problem I have to ask is when I try and play SVCDs in Winamp, its freezes after the first 5 seconds. Now I have the SVCD codec in my computer and I can play the video fine in Windows Media Player.
Winamp does NOT support SVCD's

Not in 5.0 atleast.
Old 20th November 2003, 22:08   #56
zootm
Forum King

Re: Two Problems HERE

Quote:
Originally posted by spacenuts
Now looking at the second pic... how do I make the Media Library stay in the same spot like in the first pic... Someone please help !
as a workaround, turn off the "Dock Windows at __ pixels" checkbox in "General" Modern Skins prefs. then make the ML sit with a single pixel's space below where it was before. it won't snap and connect to the main window, so wont move when the drawer is opened.

Old 20th November 2003, 22:31   #57
pdykstra600

Milkdrop does not stay open... it works fine but when i close winamp and reopen i have to reopen Milkdrop again, it doesnt stay on when you reopen winamp. just kind of annoying
Old 20th November 2003, 23:57   #58
QuietBritishJim

Send a message via Yahoo to QuietBritishJim
The cleartype bug in classic skins is still not fixed.
Old 21st November 2003, 01:21   #59
dougieha

DJ...you haven't responded to my other bugs yet:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....43#post1171018

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 21st November 2003, 02:10   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Just because I don't respond doesn't mean I haven't reported them.
Though I cannot guarantee whether or not they'll be looked at...

As Dazog said, only serious crashes/bugs will be fixed now for 5.0 Final. Any minor glitches & cosmetic/aesthetic issues will probably have to wait for 5.01 and/or beyond.
Old 21st November 2003, 02:57   #61
dwilliss

Found the following bugs in RC8 (Pro).
  • While scanning for files to add to media library, it crashed. Probably a bad file in my music folder, but there's no way to tell what it choked on. I'm trying to narrow it down by scanning one folder at a time. {time passes} Damn! individually they each worked with no problem.
  • Maybe this is a new feature request, but in the ML, when adding media to the library, could it maybe remember the last place I told it to scan instead of defaulting to the Winamp install folder?
  • Cosmetic: When the Vis or settings drawers close, the animation doesn't erase the parts that are left behind until the whole things's closed.

The notification thingy is too cool! The ability to have the windows fade out and fade back in on hover is sweet too! I wish all software could do that.
Old 21st November 2003, 03:05   #62
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ dwilliss

1 & 3 = can't reproduce
Please read the first post again (regarding system specs, etc)

2) Currently, the Add/Open Dir common dialog uses whatever dir is specified in winamp.ini, under cwd= setting. This only seems to change if you add/open files via the playlist, not the media library.
Therefore, if you go to: Playlist -> Add -> File
and add a file from your main music dir,
the library will then use this same 'opening' dir.

Yes, maybe this is something which needs looking at for Winamp 5.01+
(maybe a separate cwd= setting in gen_ml.ini)
Old 21st November 2003, 03:17   #63
dougieha

Quote:
Just because I don't respond doesn't mean I haven't reported them.
Though I cannot guarantee whether or not they'll be looked at...

As Dazog said, only serious crashes/bugs will be fixed now for 5.0 Final. Any minor glitches & cosmetic/aesthetic issues will probably have to wait for 5.01 and/or beyond.
Ok...cool. I just wasn't sure if you had missed them.

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 21st November 2003, 03:36   #64
cppman

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRayven
Re the Xmouse bug. I use that same feature, it seems that something, remebers the last winamp window you were in, ie:

If the last window I was in was the PE, and I hover my mouse over the Main window, its scrolls my playlist as opposed to the volume.

The opposite is true if the last window was the main. and I hover over the PE, Volume, and not scroll is affected.

Now, if I hover over both windows BEFORE I scroll any thing, it seems to work fine.
[edit]
Whoops, I was wrong, hovering over both helps, it just means that I have to click in the PE as per normal behavior. Which is 50% ok with me, I rarley use the PE. I prefer the ML.

Also, if the xmouse could select which pane in the ML was being scrolled, as opposed to clicking.

I know that clicking isn't that hard. But I am a lazy programmer (still in University)
WhiteRayven, are you my clone?
Old 21st November 2003, 03:43   #65
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Just remember me and EGG aren't dev's, we are the ones who report your bugs and take the heat if we report ones without much info.

So if u can't help us we can't help you, SERIOUSLY.

Old 21st November 2003, 04:17   #66
Loofington

Windows XP sp1
Winamp 5.0 rc8
Full Fresh Install
No 3rd party plugins

There is a problem with the winamp 2.x skins in classic mode, when I change skins the old skin is displayed in its original size and the new skin is put over it. The playlist also reset's and goes to default size. Also in the installer when you have skins in the skin directory and goto other skin (classic mode) it doesnt have anything past the letter I. I have 203 skins in the skin directory, aprox 5000 mp3's. Attached is a screen grab of the skin problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp5rc8.jpg (32.1 KB, 352 views)
Old 21st November 2003, 05:16   #67
dwilliss

Quote:
@ dwilliss

1 & 3 = can't reproduce
Please read the first post again (regarding system specs, etc)

Now I can't reproduce #1 either. Only happened the first time I ran after install. I guess ignore it.

As for #3, here are system specs..

2.4 GHz P4
512 MB RAM
Windows XP Home with latest updates
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200
1600x1200x32bit

Oh sure! Now the config drawer closes smoothly. But the Video/Vis drawer just snaps open and closed. There's also a flicker of black just below the bottom of the main window as the vis drawer opens and closes. It appears to cover where the EQ drawer would be is when it's open.

New error:
While running Milk Drop in a detached vis window for a long time, I clicked reattach and got a popup about a script error. When I clicked OK, Winamp crashed (Illegal Operation). Can't reproduce it. I had been playing with a lot of features before hand, so who knows.

Vis in desktop mode is cool! But any Winamp window that's open flickers like crazy if it's over the desktop. If it's on top of some other window (like a web browser), it doesn't flicker. And there's no obvious way to turn it off. The Vis Shortcut button doesn't do anything in desktop mode so you can't get the menu back to restore it. (Alt-D, but I had to hunt for it).

Menu Options / Winamp Modern / Vis Shortcut Button / Open Configuration -- Instead of opening the configuration for the current Vis plugin (which was what I expected), threw an overlay in the vis window listing key shortcuts (which is how I found Alt-D).
On that list of shortcuts, F2 and F3 are both listed as "toggle song display" but F3 really toggles the song time. (may be specific to milkdrop)

All in all, it's pretty stable. I've gotten it to crash twice by pushing it hard and trying everything, but then when I try to reproduce the crash it works fine. It's the sort of thing I'd use Purify to track down.

The other errors I've reported were all just minor cosmetic things.
Old 21st November 2003, 05:20   #68
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I have a bug, related to the modern skin. Its more cosmetic than anything.

But I noticed that there is some stray pixels around the outside of the window shaded playlist.

see the attached file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what i mean.jpg (5.1 KB, 371 views)

Old 21st November 2003, 05:21   #69
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@cppman - no I am snot your clone, I was backing you up on the xmouse thing.

Old 21st November 2003, 05:45   #70
cppman

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRayven
@cppman - no I am snot your clone, I was backing you up on the xmouse thing.
Sorry, you just seem to have nearly the same computer as me and I am also a lazy college student CS major. I didn't mean to imply that you were copying my post.

Thanks for the back-up.
Old 21st November 2003, 05:56   #71
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ dwilliss
My system specs aren't too different from yours
and I don't experience any flickering.
Although my current desktop res is 1280 x 1024
Are you sure you've got latest video drivers and DirectX?

Re: Milkdrop config
Config can't be opened whilst Milkdrop is running,
that's why the Help menu overlay appears instead.
It's the reverse with AVS, config can only be opened whilst it's running.

Re: vid/avs drawer
It definitely animates for me with that option checkmarked in
config drawer -> options -> drawers
Old 21st November 2003, 06:04   #72
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

@cppman-> LOL

I have another bug to report.

System Specs:
Durron 1300
GA-7ZX-1(rev5.0)
PC-133 - 256MB
WinXP Pro SP1
ATI Radeon 7500 Dual monitor

The Bug: When dragging a video window (with video playing) from one monitor to the other the window seems to grow bigger every time that it crosses the border.

Old 21st November 2003, 07:07   #73
o_spring

I know that the Dev team will ignore that post because they do not want to talk about this subject but hre is some info that winamp 5.0 users may be interested in....

About Multimedia Keyboard (oups ! the forgotten words...)
MS keyboard and others are using the WINDOWS WM_APP_COMMAND API which allow multimedia applicatiosn (such as Media Player, Media Player Classic, Power DVD and Winamp 2.xx) to receive some multimedia events (play, pause, next...) so this is not a "driver" problem.
Beside, Microsoft in his doc says that if the multimedia application you use does not support this API, you have to contact them... So in fact, There is no solution for Winamp 5.0 users, since both parties are rejecting the fault on the other .

Let's go back to the main problem in WINAMP 5 RC8:
(with intellitype pro 5 for my part)

- Situation where the Multimedia KEY (that is the WM_APP_COMMAND) are WORKING:
Winamp is minimized in the taskbar
Winamp is not minimized but using a CLASSIC skin
- Situation where the Multimedia KEY (that is the WM_APP_COMMAND) are NOT WORKING:
Winamp is minimized in the system tray
Winamp is not minimized and using a MODERN skin

I will finish with a little suggestion:
there is in winamp 5 a plugin that allow you to define some keyboard shortcuts... why not allow users to use the WM_APP_COMMAND in this plugin ? It would solve the problem....

Thanks for reading this post
I hope it would help (some days ?) because Winamp 5 on the others aspect is very good !
Old 21st November 2003, 07:41   #74
BitE_MC

Bitmaps in Song's title in Main Window international support

I'd like to see international support for the main window's song titles... I'd still be happy if there was an option for not using bitmaps(there was one in winamp 2.xx)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sdghshshd.jpg (25.8 KB, 329 views)
Old 21st November 2003, 07:42   #75
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ o_spring

If it was strictly a Winamp bug (or unimplemented feature even), then wouldn't it affect ALL multimedia keyboards? So how comes my keyboard works perfectly ok and yours doesn't?

I've got a Smart Office XP EZ-8000
and the mm keys work in every aspect, regardless of skin or min/max status,
and no config was required.
Old 21st November 2003, 07:48   #76
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by BitE_MC
I'd like to see international support for the main window's song titles... I'd still be happy if there was an option for not using bitmaps(there was one in winamp 2.xx)...
First, read the known bugs thread -> not bugs / 'what not to report' section,
then take a look in: Winamp 5 -> Prefs -> Modern Skins -> Font Rendering
Old 21st November 2003, 07:53   #77
BitE_MC

Sorry

Sorry, it seems i figured it out! There is such an option and it works great! Sorry again...
Old 21st November 2003, 07:59   #78
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

no probs
yay!
Old 21st November 2003, 08:15   #79
o_spring

@ DJ Egg
First, thanks to respond to my post despite its subject.

So Winamp 5.0 is still supporting the WM_APP_COMMAND API, and it would be the drivers fault ?

it is weird too ! because it worked for me very well with Winamp 2.91...

I am using a MS Multimedia Wireles Keyboard (not the bluetooth one)
with Intellitype Pro 5.0 drivers on Windows XP.
--> is there anybody else having the same behavior than me with a MS keyboard with Intellitype pro ?
Old 21st November 2003, 11:26   #80
Smigit

Syetem tray and taskbar not updating correctly bug

a post i made here
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....0&pagenumber=4

Quote:
not sure...is this a bug

when i launch winamp and before doing anything right click on the system trey the options for "windows settings" (such as opaque and scale) arent visible. the option to change these in the taskbar then becomes useable after rightclicking anywhere on winamp (no need to select any options but) and then right clicking again on the taskbar.

also if you resize it the tick next to the current size is always next to the size that winamp launched in, the same applies for opacitie. this only applies as long as you dont right click on winamp itself, once again just the task bar icon and the changing of the size and opacitie using the icon as opposed to the player itself. if u then righclick winamp the taskbar options will then update themselves.

not sure if these are bugs, are known and if i should even post these here. at least can someone explain this to me?

EDIT: i mean system trey, sorry, the system trays icon
ok i posted that in another topic. also i hear it happens in the task bar AND system tray. Has been reproduced on other computers and is in running RC8.

[merged: 157017 --> DJ Egg]
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports