Old 21st November 2003, 11:44   #81
rogajin

Shortcut keys work only from PL editor

Since beta2 for me, all winamp shortcut keys except for Alt-L work only from the playlist editor window, and then only if it is not collapsed. If focus is on any other window, i have no shortcuts.

I have no strange or wonderful tasks running, no gimmicks or any exotic hardware. i have tried wiping winamp and reinstalling. i have no problems with any other apps.

Setup:
WinXP pro sp1
Microsoft usb natural keyboard (plugged into usb).
1.5ghz athlon, 1gig ram.
epox nforce2 board.

[merged: 157019 --> DJ Egg]
Old 21st November 2003, 12:07   #82
Joneleth

WinXP Prof. Hun SP1
Celeron 950, 192 MB RAM
Winamp 5 rc8

Hi! I have a crash bug to report. I have heard several mp3s, including hungarian titles, and i used the 'Now playing' function of the Minibrowser, which could not correctly display many of the titles (letters like á,é,ó,...). After i closed the browser, i started playing an mp3, and at approximetly 30 seconds Winamp crashed, and exited.

And one bug with the WMA plugin - if i add the My Music folder into the playlist, Winamp displays incorrect lenght for my WMA tracks, like 2816 minutes etc. If i start playing them, i can see the correct values. This bug appears many times.

Last edited by Joneleth; 21st November 2003 at 12:24.
Old 21st November 2003, 12:23   #83
Masta2002

Win2k SP4
AMD Athlon 2500+
512Mb Ram
Radeon 9500pro

When i mark 10 songs in the Windows Explorer and press enter! Then winamp adds not all songs in the Playlist one file is missing! This bug its only when winamp is closed when it is only minimized all 10 sons are in the playlist! The agend is off to! I hope you understand wath i mean!

Sorry for the bad english i am german
Old 21st November 2003, 13:03   #84
scoult01

Version: RC 8
AMD 2600+
Radeon 9700 Pro
WinXp
Skin: Nonstep (winamp3 version)
Plugin: XDock (winamp2 plugin)

1st I'll just let you know that this bug does have to do with a 3rd party plugin. BUT, the plugin did work with beta 2, which was the version I was using. Now nothing else has changed except that I used a later version. I can only think that a part of the code has been changed in a way that has destroyed this plugin, and since it worked on the last beta, imo thats a bug.

As you can see by the picture, winamp caused a fault and shut itself down. You can also see that the classic skin is docked to the taskbar, and that there is a 42 pixel gap between the taskbar and the window. Now the reason for this, is for the Xdock plugin to work you need to switch to the classic skin for it to register, and it will change all windows to be docked X pixels from the top or bottom. You can then switch to the nonstep skin I was using and it appears as if the windows are docking to it.
Occasionally if you do this procedure when you switch to the classic skin, as soon as you mouse over it to move it to the taskbar it comes up with that error and shuts down, however the Vis continues to play until you press Close.

If you feel that this isnt a significant bug or a bug at all feel free to ignore this post. HOWEVER i do believe that this function (make windows snap to winamp, which snaps to the taskbar), would be a mad function to add in (not sure if you read my post about that in the suggestions page...) especially for Nonstep skin users
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: png bug.png (50.0 KB, 507 views)
Old 21st November 2003, 14:07   #85
The_Mega_ZZTer

Send a message via AIM to The_Mega_ZZTer Send a message via Yahoo to The_Mega_ZZTer
Winamp 5 RC 8, Windows XP Home SP1, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Default Winamp 5 Modern Skin

Well, this seems to not have been reported, as I can't find it (I searched this thread for "color" and couldn't find it)... I can't imagine it hasn't been found... since I can't seem to find it tho:

When I open the config dropdown bar, I select and apply a color theme that is not in the first page of colors... then a switch to the options tab, and back, and although it looks fine, the scrollbar for the color theme list is reset at the top, and not where it should be.

BTW, Winamp 5 is awesome... I used to have Winamp 2 and 3, because for the plugin and AVS functionalities in each. But no more! You guys are awesome.
Old 21st November 2003, 14:37   #86
synmoo

multiple user support?

Hi all,

Latest RC8 build
XP SP1+all the hotfixes
P4 3.2Ghz 1GB DDR

Does winamp work with multiple users (on the same machine)? My girlfriend has a "limited" account and when she tries to run winamp.exe there is a delay of about 10 seconds then it crashes (windows asks do you want to report the problem, etc)

[merged: 157032 --> DJ Egg]
Old 21st November 2003, 15:46   #87
Cimmo

Send a message via ICQ to Cimmo
Bug Found in WA 5.0 RC8 - WinXP Pro:
Open Options - Preferences
Go to Plug-ins - Output - DirectSound output - Configure
Go to Buffering

Moving the Buffer Length also the Prebuffer is moving but the number under the bar is always the same.

If you move the prebuffer then the Buffer Length doesn't move.

[edit]

No Cimmo, that is not a bug. It's meant to do that.
Note how the prebuffer max length is determined by the Buffer max length.
If the buffer size is 2000, then the max prebuffer slider is 2000.
If you increase/decrease buffer length, then max prebuffer length adjusts accordingly, and therefore the slider moves to reflect this proportional change.

DJ Egg

[/edit]
Old 21st November 2003, 16:33   #88
Bh420

Video Window Size Change

Hi,

Had a video open and when it finished I loaded up another one by clicking open file and choosing it and the video window stayed the same size of last movie it didnt resize to the size of the second video i had to manually right click and click original size.

Bh
Old 21st November 2003, 16:41   #89
dna84

Hi!

I have Winamp5 RC8 at the moment.

When selecting media library -> Recently added -> double clicking 1 of the songs, Winamp starts to play the song, but then it freezez & I am unable to do anything with winamp.

I have WinXp
Old 21st November 2003, 16:57   #90
DELTA75329

Send a message via AIM to DELTA75329
Re: Re: Winamp 5 Beat-Meter VIS

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRayven
Ok, I have reproducded this on my Durron 1300, 256mb pc133, winXP pro sp1. AC'97 sound, ATI Radeon 7500, dual display.

However, when I open the drawer, my cpu usage is still way high (75-92%), when I diable the beatmeter, it immeadatly drops to around 15-17%.

Oh yeah, I run winamp primarily on my second montior.
Yea, the beat meter is what is eating all those CPU cycles. I know turning it off will bring the CPU time to respectable levels. I'd like to make use of it regulary, but who knows if the CPU time will improve..

I mentioned my Athlon XP 2000+ is at 80-90% CPU time with the drawer closed. When I open it, the CPU time drops down to less than 10%, beat-meter running and all. Here's another odd thing.. I can reproduce this issue on my friend's Athlon XP 2600+, but not the Intel machine I use. On the Intel, the CPU time drops, but not as dramatic as the Athlon. The Intel hovers around 40-50% CPU time with the drawer open. With the drawer closed, the CPU time sky-rockets to 90%+.

I thought it was an AMD vs Intel type issue, but you say your AMD Duron still maintains high CPU times with the drawer open... My question is this: Does the CPU time drop at all and stay lower with the drawer open like it does on my Intel machine?

Either way, this is... weird.
Old 21st November 2003, 16:59   #91
Singleton

Winamp 5 rc8 on a AMD 3000 with winXP and an Audigy, with no third party plug ins running:

Song skips when I use the mouse wheel in IE. Doesn't do this for any other program, just IE.
Old 21st November 2003, 18:00   #92
RomeoJava

not a bad bug...

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but is very irritating, and is easily changed. In the Media Library, after highlighting an artist, on the album pane, it list album names. If a file doesn't have an album name in it's ID3 tag, it is listed under the arists name. Blur have an album, called Blur, and when I click there, I get a lot of songs that arn't on the album. Can't these songs that don't have a tag appear in that list under the heading "Unknown"?

Please!!!

Rj

[merged: 157054 --> DJ Egg]
Old 21st November 2003, 18:11   #93
waldomonster

Winamp 5 RC8
Classic Skin
Windows 2000 SP4

When starting Winamp from a shortcut with "Run: Minimized" only the "Main Window" starts minimized (the playlist is not minimized).
Old 21st November 2003, 18:12   #94
JongAm

Send a message via ICQ to JongAm
Turning off "Always on Top" is not effective and more

Specification
--------------
Windows XP home edition (English)
512MB RAM
20GB HDD
ThinkPad R32

WinAmp 5 RC 8
---------------

1. in "Windows Shade" mode, when I click the "Always on Top" menu item to turn it off. It is effective. But if the WinAmp is quitted and relaunched, then it is turned on. The setting is not saved.

2. Multiple Language with MMD3 skin.

Also in "Window Shade" mode, the window shaded mini player can't display CJK characters in its display for "Currently played music. " part of the WinAmp.
Should this be reported to the MMD3 skin author? I have no idea.

However its mini-play list now display CJK characters very well.
Old 21st November 2003, 18:35   #95
morgado
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to morgado
I got some gen.dll or something like this, error ....

Sys SPecs

Asus A7S33
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Onoboard Soundcard
256Mb Ram 333 Mhz

Windows 98 SE ALL UPDATED ...

Obs.; I got this problem after a while winamp was opened and doin nothing ...

I Love You Ana Luiza
MSN
Old 21st November 2003, 19:13   #96
ghackmann

FreeType rendering very slow

I'm not sure if this counts as an "internationalization / fonts / unicode" issue or not, since it's related to fonts but internationalization.

The FreeType TTF rendering is very slow in RC8. Steps to reproduce:

1. Set skin to Modern
2. Go to Font Rendering tab in Modern Skins section of preferences, check "Use Freetype..." and uncheck "Allow use of bitmap font..." and "Keep bitmap font..."
3. Load a song with a long enough title that the display scrolls and play it

On my computer (Athlon XP 1800+), if you keep the main window unshaded and the playlist window shaded, it uses about 80% of the CPU according to Task Manager, and the computer is noticably slower when Winamp runs in the background.

This happens with a full clean install of Winamp 5 RC8. This problem did not exist in Beta 2.

Specs:
Winamp 5 RC8
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ w/Abit KR7A-RAID, 512 MB PC2100 SDRAM
Windows XP SP1 Pro
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
ATI Radeon 9000
Old 21st November 2003, 19:16   #97
trebucket

Winamp 5.0 RC8
Windows XP
P4 2 ghz
ati radeon 9000

Eh, I was going to report the ogg title bug, but it seems like that's been done a bunch of times....

Delete this please
Old 21st November 2003, 19:19   #98
-GFX-Daniel

Taskbar?

-------------
WinAmp 5 rc8
WinXP Pro sp1
Athlon XP 3200+
1024Mb
Multiple Monitors
-------------

Ive got a little problem with WinAmp 5, I am using two monitors and Ive got WinAmp running on the secondary monitor. Working just fine but I cant get WinAmp to show in the secondary tray instead it showing in the primay monitors tray.

http://www.gforcex.com/tmp/DanieL/WinAmp5.JPG
Old 21st November 2003, 19:27   #99
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

How the heck did you get the task bar on both of you monitors?

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
Old 21st November 2003, 19:34   #100
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Re: Re: Re: Winamp 5 Beat-Meter VIS

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTA75329
Yea, the beat meter is what is eating all those CPU cycles. I know turning it off will bring the CPU time to respectable levels. I'd like to make use of it regulary, but who knows if the CPU time will improve..

I mentioned my Athlon XP 2000+ is at 80-90% CPU time with the drawer closed. When I open it, the CPU time drops down to less than 10%, beat-meter running and all. Here's another odd thing.. I can reproduce this issue on my friend's Athlon XP 2600+, but not the Intel machine I use. On the Intel, the CPU time drops, but not as dramatic as the Athlon. The Intel hovers around 40-50% CPU time with the drawer open. With the drawer closed, the CPU time sky-rockets to 90%+.

I thought it was an AMD vs Intel type issue, but you say your AMD Duron still maintains high CPU times with the drawer open... My question is this: Does the CPU time drop at all and stay lower with the drawer open like it does on my Intel machine?

Either way, this is... weird.
Yeah, The cpu usage doesn;t drop much at all regardless of weather or not the drawer is open.

My cpu usage is always high when I use the AVS but i think thats normal. (90-95%)

Old 21st November 2003, 19:38   #101
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Has any one else been able to reproduce this

Old 21st November 2003, 19:59   #102
SlugO

I'm not sure if these are bugs but they're still annoying.
All the special letters don't work with classic skins. For example, Tré Hardson becomes Tré Hardson in Winamp.
Global hotkeys don't seem to work at all. I choose the keys, close the Preferences window, try them, and they don't work. When I open the Preferences again, the keys I specified are gone.
Old 21st November 2003, 20:54   #103
-GFX-Daniel

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteRayven
How the heck did you get the task bar on both of you monitors?
Ultramon
Old 21st November 2003, 21:01   #104
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Thanx

Old 21st November 2003, 21:35   #105
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Another bug, I think has been mentioned, not sure:

The scroll bar in the Color Themes Drawer on the Main window doesnt move if I scroll with my mouse wheel.
It does howver scroll the list if I click on it.

Old 21st November 2003, 22:27   #106
tinkafoo

With the modern skin, the 'color themes' config box steals scrollwheel focus from the volume slider.

to repeat this:
- use the modern skin
- play a file
- open the config pulldown box (the thing with 'equalizer', 'options', and 'color themes')
- with the main window active and the equalizer showing, test the scrollwheel. It should adjust volume.
- open 'color themes'
- test the scrollwheel -- it should still adjust volume.
- click anywhere in the color theme pull-down list
- test the scrollwheel -- now it scrolls the list instead of volume.
- click on the playlist editor (or anything else, as long as you remove focus from the main window), then click back on the main window.
- test the scrollwheel -- it *still* scrolls the color themes list.
- (optional) put it in windowshade mode, then text the scrollwheel -- now it works fine! Open it up, then it stops working. It only starts working after the color theme window is gone.

Last edited by tinkafoo; 21st November 2003 at 22:47.
Old 21st November 2003, 23:18   #107
ShadowFX

I don't know if the Right-Click 'known issue' has something to with this, but since the first beta that was released, I can't choose Winamp from the 'Open with..." option anymore. Even if I choose from another location and choose winamp.exe, it refuses to select Winamp.

I hope I didn't break any rule by posting this.

Thanks.
Old 21st November 2003, 23:42   #108
dwilliss

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@ dwilliss
Are you sure you've got latest video drivers and DirectX?
Interesting, Microsoft has an updated driver for my video board. I'll install it when I'm done with everything else (since I know it'll want to reboot my machine). I think I have Direct X 9 but can't find any way to tell. Windows update didn't offer me an update for it, so I'm guessing I have the latest Direct X.

Quote:
Re: Milkdrop config
Config can't be opened whilst Milkdrop is running,
that's why the Help menu overlay appears instead.
It's the reverse with AVS, config can only be opened whilst it's running.
That makes sense. Might be nice if it could change the tooltip on the button to indicate what it's really going to do, but that's just nit-picky.

Quote:
Re: vid/avs drawer
It definitely animates for me with that option checkmarked in
config drawer -> options -> drawers
Ah ha! The menu option for the vidio/vis draw animation says (disabled if opacity < 100%). I have winamp set to fade to 50% transparent and become opaque on hover. When I open the vis window, it is in fact 100% opaque, but doesn't animate. If I set the window to be 100% opaque all the time, it animates.
Old 21st November 2003, 23:42   #109
kadmos

Winamp uses active window rather than focussed window :-(

Quote:
Originally posted by cppman

I like to use the "X-mouse -> Activation follows mouse" option in tweakui. When I hover the mouse over the main window it is activated and when I hover over the playlist it is activated. This is fine; however, the mouse wheel still controls the volume if the mouse is over the playlist. If I click on a song in the playlist, it still controls the volume! I have to click on the window border before I can scroll through songs. Works fine with X-mouse off. I don't get it though, if the window is activated shouldn't it be getting the input?
This means Winamp is using the window's active state rather than its focus state. Standard GUI behavior is to accept input in the window that has focus, but the two are only different things if you are using X-Mouse (otherwise known as focus follows mouse), as I am.

It would be really good if Winamp also determined events (particularly the scroll wheel) based on focussed window rather than the active window.

The Modern skin also hints that the behavior we are suggesting is the intended behavior. Notice that when you move the mouse over a window when using X-Mouse, the title bar is made brighter (which is how other Windows applications indicate a window has focus), yet events are sent to the active (rather than the focussed) window, whose title bar is now dull.

To reproduce this problem, install TweakUI for Windows and enable X-Mouse, or change the "HKCU/Control Panel/Mouse/ActiveWindowTracking" registry value to 0x1 and compare Winamp's behavior to other applications when they are moused over.
Old 22nd November 2003, 01:29   #110
nimchuks

Send a message via AIM to nimchuks Send a message via Yahoo to nimchuks
Re: Shortcut keys work only from PL editor

Quote:
Originally posted by rogajin
Since beta2 for me, all winamp shortcut keys except for Alt-L work only from the playlist editor window, and then only if it is not collapsed. If focus is on any other window, i have no shortcuts.
I have the same problem. However, F3 still brings up the jump box, and the global hotkeys still work everywhere. Another crazy thing that happens, though, is that if my focus is on the main window, and I hit the j key, then the F3 key, winamp will crash. It won't bring up the windows 'an error occurred' box, but when I restart winamp, any settings I changed in the last session are lost.

Setup:
WinXP Home, SP1
Dell keyboard
1.7ghz P4, 256M ram.
NVIDIA Geforce2 GTS
Winamp 5.0rc8
Old 22nd November 2003, 01:51   #111
coolieranx

i found an interesting bug.

when you're in the "add file(s) to playlist" dialog, and you drag a file from one drive (from explorer or desktop) and move it to anywhere in that same drive (within winamp's add dialog), winamp will automatically play the song you're dragging, will clear out your playlist, and won't move the song.

when going from different drives, let's say C to E, you can drag all you want, and it'll copy the file into the new folder with no problems.

this happens only when using modern skins (all of them, including the default). the problem does appear with 2.xx skins.

i'm using winamp 5 rc8, on windows XP professional SP1. athlon XP 1800+, RAM is 512, sound card is the TB Santa Cruz. bug can also be reproduced on IBM thinkpad, pentium-m 1.3, 512 MB RAM, soundMAX sound, running winXP professional SP1
Old 22nd November 2003, 04:26   #112
dwilliss

Quote:
Originally posted by dwilliss (me)
Interesting, Microsoft has an updated driver for my video board. I'll install it when I'm done with everything else
Got it installed. It still flickers a bit when you open/close the vis drawer but it seems to flicker less.

On a related note, the original problem I was reporting was that when the draw opened/closed with animation it didn't erase behind itself until it was all closed. It turns out that this isn't Winamp's fault. If Winamp is just over the desktop, the animation animates just fine. If it's over some other program, then all Winamp can do is invalidate the area that it exposed. Windows will then deliver a WM_PAINT to the window that was was uncovered and it's up to that window's program to repaint what was uncovered.
Old 22nd November 2003, 04:53   #113
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by coolieranx
i found an interesting bug.

when you're in the "add file(s) to playlist" dialog, and you drag a file from one drive (from explorer or desktop) and move it to anywhere in that same drive (within winamp's add dialog), winamp will automatically play the song you're dragging, will clear out your playlist, and won't move the song.

when going from different drives, let's say C to E, you can drag all you want, and it'll copy the file into the new folder with no problems.

this happens only when using modern skins (all of them, including the default). the problem does appear with 2.xx skins.

i'm using winamp 5 rc8, on windows XP professional SP1. athlon XP 1800+, RAM is 512, sound card is the TB Santa Cruz. bug can also be reproduced on IBM thinkpad, pentium-m 1.3, 512 MB RAM, soundMAX sound, running winXP professional SP1
If you read the known bugs, its in there.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Heh
Old 22nd November 2003, 04:56   #114
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: Re: Shortcut keys work only from PL editor

Quote:
Originally posted by nimchuks
I have the same problem. However, F3 still brings up the jump box, and the global hotkeys still work everywhere. Another crazy thing that happens, though, is that if my focus is on the main window, and I hit the j key, then the F3 key, winamp will crash. It won't bring up the windows 'an error occurred' box, but when I restart winamp, any settings I changed in the last session are lost.

Setup:
WinXP Home, SP1
Dell keyboard
1.7ghz P4, 256M ram.
NVIDIA Geforce2 GTS
Winamp 5.0rc8
I cannot reproduce this in latest internal build.

I think it's fixored, if it was a bug.
Old 22nd November 2003, 04:59   #115
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by tinkafoo
With the modern skin, the 'color themes' config box steals scrollwheel focus from the volume slider.

to repeat this:
- use the modern skin
- play a file
- open the config pulldown box (the thing with 'equalizer', 'options', and 'color themes')
- with the main window active and the equalizer showing, test the scrollwheel. It should adjust volume.
- open 'color themes'
- test the scrollwheel -- it should still adjust volume.
- click anywhere in the color theme pull-down list
- test the scrollwheel -- now it scrolls the list instead of volume.
- click on the playlist editor (or anything else, as long as you remove focus from the main window), then click back on the main window.
- test the scrollwheel -- it *still* scrolls the color themes list.
- (optional) put it in windowshade mode, then text the scrollwheel -- now it works fine! Open it up, then it stops working. It only starts working after the color theme window is gone.
Reported.

Thanx
Old 22nd November 2003, 05:02   #116
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by SlugO
I'm not sure if these are bugs but they're still annoying.
All the special letters don't work with classic skins. For example, Tré Hardson becomes Tré Hardson in Winamp.
Global hotkeys don't seem to work at all. I choose the keys, close the Preferences window, try them, and they don't work. When I open the Preferences again, the keys I specified are gone.
Read the Thread on Known Bugs to get ur anwser on the Character not appearing properly and I cannot reproduce your second Bug.
Old 22nd November 2003, 05:04   #117
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Re: multiple user support?

Quote:
Originally posted by synmoo
Hi all,

Latest RC8 build
XP SP1+all the hotfixes
P4 3.2Ghz 1GB DDR

Does winamp work with multiple users (on the same machine)? My girlfriend has a "limited" account and when she tries to run winamp.exe there is a delay of about 10 seconds then it crashes (windows asks do you want to report the problem, etc)

[merged: 157032 --> DJ Egg]
Does Winamp give you any errors or will windows error reporting just show up?

I think this MAY be a POST 5.0 feature, But I will check to be sure
Old 22nd November 2003, 06:02   #118
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

Ok, I have mentioned my bug twice, perhaps if I do it this way I will an answer:P

The bug: Video window resizes it self when moved from one monitor to another.

System Specs:
AMD Durron 1300, 256MB PC133
Windows XP Pro, all updates installed, Norton System Works 2003 Pro.
ATI Radeon 7500, Dual display, latest drivers.
AC'97 Sound, latest drivers.
No 3rd party plugins.

Winamp5 rc8

Steps to reproduce:
1)Open winamp
2)Play a video, Detached (any modern skin does works)
3)Drag the video from on monitor to the other, it should get bigger every time it crosses to a new monitor. This does not happen in classic skins.

Also, not sure if this is a bug: When changing skins, modern to modern, the video playback stops. Hoever when going from classic to modern, the video plarback doesn't stop.

Old 22nd November 2003, 09:54   #119
ShadowFX

So has anyone have an idea what's going on with my posted bug?
Old 22nd November 2003, 10:08   #120
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by EMu-LoRd
So has anyone have an idea what's going on with my posted bug?
You mean your problem with Windows' Open With?
No. It's not a Winamp bug, or at least I certainly can't reproduce it.
btw, you didn't give us much to go on, not even what your Windows OS is.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports