Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 5th December 2004, 06:45   #1
plumbpits

Send a message via ICQ to plumbpits Send a message via AIM to plumbpits Send a message via Yahoo to plumbpits
I don't know if this is a bug, BUT something happened to my player today, december 4th. I just updated my verion to 5.07 today and I was browsing winamp.com and I start viewing some music videos such as "Linkin Park", "Metallica". I was watching them all in 300 hi fi or what ever it is. But long story short after watching the vidz for 20 mins or less I opened my playlist and tried listening to my songs and each time I opened a song the song wouldnt play and would move onto another song and do the same thing for the entire list, so actually no song worked, to resolve this problem I had to uninstall winamp and install it again which helped.
I don't really know if it was a bug or not but if you havent heard of it please look into it for the future.

Peace.

AreJAy

I have Windows ME
800mhz
20GB Hard drive

I have very good system requirements for the winamp player
I hvae no third player plugins, or NO plugins at all.
I restarted my computer literlly 4 times, aborted winamp 7 times and nothing.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Crosspost and extra post deleted.
Can't reproduce. Post in Tech Support instead :/
plumbpits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2004, 22:48   #2
Mirandur

Bugs playing mpeg files

System:
(Driver versions from Device Manager)
Mobo: ASUS A7M266-D
CPU: dual AMD Athlon MP 2000+
RAM: 1GB
Video: Hercules 3D Prophet 9700Pro (Driver ver. 6.14.1.6307 from ATI)
Sound: Creative Audigy 2 ZS (No, gen_nomad.dll is NOT in the \Plugins directory. Drivers from Creative, ver. 5.12.5.441)
DirectX: 9c

-------
First problem has been addressed before on the forums, here and here, but no reply was made, probably because they were not very specific, or were posted in the wrong place...

Anyway, I have the following problems, both with Winamp 5.04 Strata, Winamp 5.06- and 5.07 full install.

Upgrade or fresh install, doesn't matter.

Modern or classic skin, doesn't matter.

I use no 3rd party plugin, other than the ones supplied default with winamp.

I have tried leaving all the default settings in Options, or turning them on/off in turn.

I have tried turning off 'hardware video overlay'. Bug#1 showed no change, at least.

There are no error messages.

I.e. bug#1 is this:
When having a playlist with short .mpg/.mpeg files (musicvideos or the like, not tested with longer files... -VCD or SVCD (mpeg1 or mpeg2) -> Same problem with both):
After Winamp is done playing the file, it skips the next file in the playlist. Sometimes it plays half a second of the one it should have played, then skips. Same problem whether Shuffle and/or Repeat is on or off. It doesn't matter what kind the next file is (avi or whatever). This bug only appears with mpeg files, I do not have this problem with .avi files. Next/Previous buttons jumps to the correct file, the problem only happens when an mpeg file plays out by itself, or I seek to the near end of the file, then let it go to the next file by itself.

Bug#2:
(NOTE: This "bug" is hard to reproduce, as it seems it happens at random. Thus, it might not be a bug in itself, rather a problem with codecs, but I'm mentioning it just the same... )
Sometimes, especially when opening/starting mpeg2 files, though it also sometimes happens with mpeg1 files, there is no video, or the Video window does not open, but sound still plays as normal. Jumping to another file (mpeg1 or avi, preferrably) -this file plays as normal. Jumping back to the one with the problem, and video is usually back. Just stopping playback and starting again doesn't necessarily solve the problem, neither is simply restarting Winamp.
This problem seldom happens when playback goes to the next file in the playlist, or when using Next/Previous. It usually happens when Winamp is opened or playback is in stopped state, then is started again.

(Ack. Long post... )
-----------------

/Mirandur

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this without some sample files.
Could be due to large buffer-ahead size or gapless/cut-off settings in out_ds.
Mirandur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2004, 01:14   #3
Logy

Bugs... in Playlist Editor scroll mouse... when scroll it loop to number 9 leave number 7 and 8 behind, and it do it again in another number 16 and 17... im pretty sure it bugs
and i have seting mouse scroll to scroll one line only wnen scroll....

winamp 5.07,
win sp2....

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No. This is by design, not a bug.
Feature requests go in the Wishlist...
but don't bother, because this one is already listed

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2004, 14:12   #4
xiaogou

I have experienced this bug with the most current version of WINAMP 5.07.

I believe the type of processor or computer specificaions doesn't matter in this case as I believe this is purely a general coding bug.

This is a demonstration of how to recreate the bug:

1. When You go to the "Preferences-> General Preferences-> Manual playlist advance" option, click on it if it is not checked.

2. Close the preferences dialog box.

3. If you are using WINAMP Modern Skin, click on the
"Toggle Playlist/Song Repeating" option. Click it several times until it goes back to the original option.

4. Open the "Preferences-> General Preferences-> Manual playlist advance" again. The previously checked box is not checked anymore.

5. If any songs are played, it will auto advance itself in the playlist.

---------------------------------------

You can recreate the same bug in another way, but now keep the "Preferences-> General Preferences-> Manual playlist advance" option box open during the whole process, using the same way as the above-mentioned steps. You will notice that when you toggle between the "Toggle Playlist/Song Repeating" option, the "Preferences-> General Preferences-> Manual playlist advance" checkbox keeps itself checked, but the files play themselves in a auto-advance playlist manner.

hope this helps.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
That's actually how the 3-state repeat button works
and I doubt if anything can be done about it.
Repeat off: Repeat = off | manual playlist advance = off
Repeat All: Repeat = on | manual playlist advance = off
Repeat Track: Repeat = on | manual playlist advance = on

Also, in your last example...
you'll find that mpa is actually unchecked when you refresh that screen.
xiaogou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2004, 14:37   #5
xiaogou

another bug that i have encounted is rather easy to explain but hard to receate, because you will need to have a large amount of MP3 or any music files playable by WINAMP.

My count is about 200+ of music files for it to work. This bug is the ineffective sorting of files in the playlist. What do i mean?

Ok, let me explain how to recreate this bug:

1. Gather about 200+ (i think it works for 100+) files in the playlist. Make sure all the files have a different ID-Tag or filename, or any name that is displayed on the WINAMP playlist.

2. On the bottom menu of the playlist, click "Misc->Sort->Sort list by title"

3. Start scrolling down the playlist to see the results. There are a large amount of files not sorted properly by alphabetical order. You can only correct this by scrolling to the unsorted files until it is IN VIEW and click on "Misc->Sort->Sort list by title" again. The whole list is only sorted out properly after repeated sorting of the unsorted files.

I do suspect this bug is present in all the options under "Misc->Sort->Sort list by ..."

Hope that is report helps!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
You need to have "read metadata on load" (not "on display/play") checkmarked in "Prefs > Titles" for 'Sort by Title' to work properly.
Old 12th December 2004, 16:36   #6
Soule

Bug report

System specs: HP nc6000 laptop 1,5 ghz 512 mb memory
Operatingsystem: Windows XP Servicepack 2
Video: ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility
Sound: SoundMAX
DirectX: 9.0c

With almost any Modern skin the video is a litte choppy, but the cpu isn't even at 40%. This happens on my laptop as well as on my stationary computer.

Oh, one more thing. Since I upgraded to 5.07 my winamp has crahed three times while just playing music.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
How are we supposed to reproduce this?
Try decreasing Timers Resolution
(Prefs > Modern Skins > move slider further to the right).
If the crash/problem still occurs...
Post in Tech Support with details of the crash/error message,
tell us the type of videos being played (format/extension/codec),
confirm that this was a clean install of 5.07,
and include a HijackThis log
Soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2004, 17:47   #7
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

I've got nothing better to do with my time, so I might as well post this...
(I mean hey... they fixed the next button!)
Generated HTML Playlist's do not validate.
http://validator.w3.org/
(important!: you have to move it out of the temp folder to upload to the validator)
Please make your small contribution to a standardized Web.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2004, 22:51   #8
Kinection

Send a message via AIM to Kinection Send a message via Yahoo to Kinection
Show desktop messes up Winamps all ways on top setting.

Have winamp set to "always on top", then either press the show desktop button or windows key + d. Desktop should be shown.

Bring winamp back up, then click the desktop, winamp is no longer always on top even though "on top" button is on and checked. To turn it back on, uncheck and recheck always on top.

Tested on two computers, same results.

1ghz Pentium 3 Coppermine
512mb SDRAM
Windows XP SP2
Winamp 5.05
nVidia GeForce 3 64mb

1.7ghz Centrino Pentium M
1GB DDR
Windows XP SP2
Winamp 5.07
ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 128mb

/*EDIT 12/12/04 4:50PM Pacific */
Also happens after viewing a slide show (Windows XP embedded picture slide show)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce.
Uncheck "Disable aot when fullscreen apps are focused"
in: Prefs > General Preferences
and always search first before posting.

Last edited by Kinection; 12th December 2004 at 23:51.
Kinection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2004, 02:24   #9
xiaogou

WINAMP skips files shorter than 00:02 seconds.

This happens in different manner in 2 different modes.

1. If fade-out is on, WINAMP directly skips the files not longer than 2 seconds. I believe this is normal as WINAMP is not able to read more data out of the short file and therefore seemly "skips" when it actually had faded out. I think this can be improved on as sometimes WINAMP crashes in some occasions.

2. If fade-out is off, with manual-advance mode off, WINAMP will stop playing any files that are shorter than 1 second, meaning the file only contains audio of a few milliseconds. It will not skip the file to the next file, but it just stops there. In some occasions, WINAMP crashes totally.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
That is due to default 2 second buffer lengths in DirectSound and/or WaveOut Outputs (and maybe buffer setting in relevant input plugin as well). If you want to listen to shorter items, decrease the buffer length(s).
Note, we cannot reproduce any crash...
Old 13th December 2004, 16:24   #10
eerikk

Crash when exiting Winamp

I have a problem with winamp periodically crashing when I exit winamp! It does not happen the first few times I open and close Winamp - but eventually it always does. I get a blue screen with a "bad pool caller"-error. The error only occurs upon CLOSING winamp - quite odd.

I have a P4 on an ASUS P5GD1 MB, and a sounblaster audigy platinum ex sound card.

My op-sys is XP-pro

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Wrong forum. Post in Tech Support instead, and include:
full BSoD error message, a HijackThis log, Windows XP sp version,
and Winamp version (with confirmation of a clean install of 5.07).
No-one can reproduce this here.
At a guess, it's some 3rd-party plugin to blame,
or bad drivers, or maybe a virus? :/
eerikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2004, 13:25   #11
sivann

seek in streaming doesn't work after 5.05

Seek in streaming-mode stoped working after version 5.05. Before that, when seeking, winamp closed the connection and reissued a new request with HTTP-RANGE header. That doesn't happen any more, now when moving the seek bar, the bar just goes back to where it was.
Please fix that.
5.05 is the latest version with correct behaviour.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Please stop crossposting.
Respond here only.
sivann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2004, 22:39   #12
selector

Winamp 5.07 does not automatically reconnect to streams that drop because of buffer underruns. Previous versions did.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this.
Resolved here.
selector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2004, 23:26   #13
PoV

Filter weirdness and smart view problem

I have two problems with the media library in 5.07. I have to mention the library was populated with a previous version, this may be cause, to at least the first problem.
  • First I have an album for which the title is () yeah it's opening bracket then closing bracket, it's Sigur Ros' album. But If I choose this album in upper right area to only show tracks for this album, I get tracks without album title. The opposite is true too. If I choose "(no album)" I get tracks from this album. Looks like an index problem to me.
  • I have a second problem too. I was not able to create a new smart view, ie I choose "new smart view", enter a title and a query, click ok and.. nothing, no new view, no error message. After wondering what went wrong I noticed that in some conditions, not sure which, when creating a new view, there's no choice for the format of the view, ie no "artist/album" or "flat" radio button.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
1. Known
2. Can't reproduce
PoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 17:36   #14
pol3D

there's a bug when you use twice the "Jump to file" global hotkey, (alt gr + J), appears another window with nothing on it that also is named "Jump to file"

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Already listed in the Known Bugs sticky
pol3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 17:49   #15
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by pol3D
there's a bug when you use twice the "Jump to file" global hotkey, (alt gr + J), appears another window with nothing on it that also is named "Jump to file"
known bug with the code when the skinned frame is disabled (or not properly as is the case with this bug)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2004, 23:15   #16
PoV

Re: Filter weirdness and smart view problem

Quote:
Originally posted by PoV [*]I have a second problem too. I was not able to create a new smart view, ie I choose "new smart view", enter a title and a query, click ok and.. nothing, no new view, no error message. After wondering what went wrong I noticed that in some conditions, not sure which, when creating a new view, there's no choice for the format of the view, ie no "artist/album" or "flat" radio button.[/list]
[Edit --> DJ Egg]
2. Can't reproduce
[/B]
Ok, I found the cause and it's not entirely winamp's fault, it's ml_pod. So let's sum up. I first go inside the config of ml_pod to edit the synchonization query, then I try to add a new smart view, there the dialog doesn't show the two radio buttons. Closing and reopening winamp (which doesn't crash) solves the problem thou

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Weird. You should report that to the author/maintainer of ml_ipod (Will)
because 1) it's not supported here and 2) there's nothing we can do about it here.

That's what I did just after reporting this
PoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2004, 17:39   #17
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Winamp should not display the [Opening file] message when opening certain files.

I mostly use WMA's, but have a lot of MP3's as well. But it seems on both file types, ever since the plugin update (which included the Opening message) 50% of the time, it comes up with {opening failed}.

I don't understand why, but everything works with the winamp 5.02 plugins, (in_wm.dll and in_mp3.dll) but all the next version up until the current one don't work.

I'd really like to use the new plugin's as well, because you can edit the wma's details from winamp, and not the file itself.

Also, it get's rather annoying having to copy the plugins, then copy them to the new verion, once it's installed.

Does anyone else have this problem, as it's really irritating?

EDIT: Also, the 'Generate HTML playlist' seem to not do anything. It hasn't done anything for like the last 5 versions.

Again, it worked in like version 5.01 or something but no longer does with the new versions.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce any of this
("opening file" message is a feature of in_wm.dll only)
Read the first post again
and post in Tech Support instead :/
Squadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2004, 10:49   #18
wvd_vegt

Repaint Bug in Media Lib

Hi,

When i insert an audio cd and click the media library song list during or just after the GraceNote dialog has appeared, i get a repaint problem of the audio tracks.

Got the latest Winamp 5.08 Pro version.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this.
Read the first post again for instructions on how to make a valid bug report.
wvd_vegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 15:00   #19
pete_86

This is only a minor bug it still annoys me and my mate John.

If I change the colour theme of the Modern skin and then shutdown my computer with Winamp running (without manually closing it by clicking the close button), the new colour theme I have chosen is not remembered; I have to exit Winamp manually (i.e. click the close button) to get the change of colour theme to be remembered.

I assume that this happens because the change of colour theme is not saved live. Thus, when shutting down the system, the Winamp process is just ended and the change of colour theme is not saved, but when manually closing Winamp, a procedure runs to save this change of configuration. If this is the case, perhaps the choice of colour theme could be saved whenever a colour theme is selected.

This bug has been apparent since the first release of Winamp 5.

Requested Information:

* CPU: Athlon XP 2000+
* Memory: 1GB
* Video Card: Geforce 4 MX 440 128 MB (I am not a cretin, I just don't use this machine for gaming)
* Video Card Drivers: 66.93
* Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Digital
* Sound Card Drivers: 1.3.0
* Direct X 9.0c
* I am using the Winamp Modern Skin
* Not that's really applicable but I only play MP3s
* I installed Winamp 5.08 over 5.07 – it was not a clean install.

To reproduce this problem: change the colour theme of the Modern skin, shutdown your computer (or log off) without manually closing Winamp, boot up/log back on, run Winamp and you should notice that the colour theme, previous to the one just selected, is displayed – the change of colour theme was not saved.

Many thanks,
Pete.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Not a bug. Settings are only saved to studio.xnf, winamp.ini, gen_ml.ini, etc if Winamp is exited properly. If you want changes to be saved, always close programs before shutting down Windows :/
pete_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 17:55   #20
pete_86

Well that's just silly. Preferences should be saved live.

I didn't ask to be born so why do I have to fanny around closing all the open programs when I can just get Bill to do it for me?
Old 26th December 2004, 18:04   #21
gaekwad2
Foorum King

What would happen then if you choose a setting that crashes Winamp?

The only 'bug' here is that Winamp isn't exited properly on Windows shutdown and that's probably Windows' fault (if in doubt, blame Microsoft).
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2004, 18:39   #22
pete_86

Well that is true and it did cross my mind but I think preferences should be saved live.

This is silly. I don't want to have to close everything before I shutdown my computer. Bill can do that for me.
Old 27th December 2004, 00:16   #23
cobnet

To run Winamp you must have more priviliges then are necessary

You cannot run Winamp when you are a normal user.

The design of Winamp is not correct. This way users must became Power Users or get file creation/mofication priviliges in the Winamp directory. Otherwise Winamp just hangs (and gives the message "error initialising database" or sth like that).

Winamp should use the following default paths:

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Winamp

Userdata should NEVER be written at %PROGRAMFILES%. Only at installation.

Global settings should be stored at:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data

It shouln't be encouraged to need a Power Account to run a program like Winamp (just like with any other normal user program).

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Known
cobnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 12:53   #24
wiak

Bug in Playlist Editor
the bug makes it impossible to add or remove songs (it stops working)

System:
Abit KV8-MAX3
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 1024MB
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro (ATi Catalyst 4.12)

Windows XP Professional SP2 (Clean Install)
Winamp 5.08 (Clean Install)

I included dxdiag.txt ( see attached file)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, I don't understand. What bug? How do we reproduce it?
Attached Files
File Type: txt dxdiag.txt (44.6 KB, 340 views)
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2004, 22:51   #25
pete_86

People are stupid.
Old 29th December 2004, 23:08   #26
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Reproduced!
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 18:29   #27
tauro_fuerte

Jump to file feature

I just downloaded the 5.08 update and I'm having trouble with the Jump To File dialog box. When the playlist window is active, the Jump To File feature works perfectly fine but when the main Winamp window is active, when I press J, it will first pop up a blank window, then when I press J again, it will pop up an unskinned Jump dialog in the background. When I press it again, it brings the blank one on top and a fourth press of J will finally bring the unskinned Jump To File dialog to the top. This is one of the features I use the most in Winamp so it would be really great if I could get help with this.

AMD XP 2400
1GB Ram
NVidia Geforce FX 5600
Windows XP Pro SP2
Onboard Sound
============================
EDIT
I've been checking all over these forums for the solution before posting and about 2 minutes after posting this, I found it. It's the Nview feature with Nvidia video cards. When it's enabled, it doesn't work. I just disabled it and it works fine. Maybe this could be checked out to work with Nview enabled?
tauro_fuerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 18:31   #28
DrO

Re: Jump to file feature

Quote:
Originally posted by tauro_fuerte
I just downloaded the 5.08 update and I'm having trouble with the Jump To File dialog box. When the playlist window is active, the Jump To File feature works perfectly fine but when the main Winamp window is active, when I press J, it will first pop up a blank window, then when I press J again, it will pop up an unskinned Jump dialog in the background. When I press it again, it brings the blank one on top and a fourth press of J will finally bring the unskinned Jump To File dialog to the top. This is one of the features I use the most in Winamp so it would be really great if I could get help with this.

AMD XP 2400
1GB Ram
NVidia Geforce FX 5600
Windows XP Pro SP2
Onboard Sound
known bug and due to partial hdd failure (when trying to make backups of the code) so a rebuilt working and fixed copy is a few months off now

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2005, 18:44   #29
JonnyMac

Re: Jump to file feature

Quote:
Originally posted by tauro_fuerte
EDIT
I've been checking all over these forums for the solution before posting and about 2 minutes after posting this, I found it. It's the Nview feature with Nvidia video cards. When it's enabled, it doesn't work. I just disabled it and it works fine. Maybe this could be checked out to work with Nview enabled?
Try disabling nView just for Winamp. (Full thread). Or, try the nView Fixer (discussion)

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 01:39   #30
in_fade

minimize to taskbar bug in Wa 5.08c

minimizing to taskbar does not work as expected, if used together (and only together) with the minimize to tray option. both of the functions work properly if the other is unchecked, and minimize to try still always works, even if both options are ticked.
now, how does minimizing to taskbar doesn't work? if pressing minimize (with both minim. to tray and minim. to t.b. ticked) Wa is shown in the tray but NOT in the taskbar, as it should.
everything else works as expected, including playback etc. Wa can still be accessed via tray icon.
this is very annoying, as you can't see what song is played via taskbar.
I made sure this is not an issue of too many minimized windows in the taskbar, also happens if only Wa should be there, or with n numbers of windows active.

100% reproduceable here.
I never experienced this issue with past versions btw.

I don't know if this also important (I guess not though, anyway): Wa agent is enabled, classic skin is used.

specs:
- Wa 5.08c clean install
- MSI KT3Ultra2
- AMD XP 1800
- 512 MB of RAM
- WinXP SP2
- Nvidia GeForce2 MX, driver: v.53.04
- Creative Audigy1, driver: Update2 (v.5.12.5.441)
- DX 9.0c
- system is not overlocked and stable.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This is expected behaviour :/
in_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 12:09   #31
Zenigata

Send a message via ICQ to Zenigata
Re: minimize to taskbar bug in Wa 5.08c

Quote:
Originally posted by in_fade
[B]minimizing to taskbar does not work as expected, if used together (and only together) with the minimize to tray option.
Hi have this problem too!

My system>

Windows Xp-sp2
Asus a7v-600
512mb ram

Winamp full, after an upgrade from version 5.07

I can reproduce it.
Zenigata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 14:56   #32
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Maybe you didn't see it...?
Quote:
[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This is expected behaviour :/
If both "show winamp in taskbar/systray" options are checkmarked,
then Winamp will minimize to the System Tray only.

If you want it to display in both, then use the Winamp Agent (for systray) and minimize winamp to taskbar only.

Like I said, this is expected behaviour, ie. it is by design, not a bug.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2005, 19:59   #33
in_fade

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Like I said, this is expected behaviour, ie. it is by design, not a bug.
hmm, I don't quite see the logic in this, other than to force ppl who want both the taskbar icon and the try icon to use Wa agent. anyway, it's not a big deal, no harm done.
thx for the info DJ Egg.
Old 14th January 2005, 13:15   #34
Ebichu

* CPU: Athlon XP 3000+@2.41 GHz
* Memory: 1GB
* Video Card: FX 5600 Ultra
* Video Card Drivers: 67.65
* Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS
* Sound Card Drivers: 5.10.10.1042
* DirectX 9.0c
* Avalon_Winamp_Modern Skin
* Not a clean install, but happens on a "clean" install as well

Alright, I know some of you guys will bitch at me for this bug, but hey, I still gotta try and submit it.
Basically, files that aren't mp3s won't be displayed in the explorer windows of winamp (the one that opens when you hit Open (L)) if (that's where you'll scream) you have a certain amount of input plugins installed (apparently, 16), if you remove any of them (back to 15), the files are displayed again. All the other plugins I have are the default ones, I just have some *gasp* 3rd party plugins, but, IMO, this looks more like a winamp bug than a 3rd party plugin bug.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No, it's actually a Windows limitation of the number of characters in the Open Files Dialog extension list. Remove lesser used extensions from input plugin configs (in_wave, in_midi, in_mod, etc).
Apart from that, post again in Tech Support and provide a list of the (non-supported) 3rd-party plugins (ie. it's also possible that one of them might be to blame).
Ebichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2005, 23:46   #35
leakinglifeboat

48khz bug

the new winamp will not seem to play mp3's that are 48khz. for example, i have some that are 192kbps and 48khz, but when i try to play them, i get "the sample format is not supported."

i know that older versions of winamp would play them. i haven't been able to find any information about this bug, so let me know if i've missed something here.

thanks.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce. 48KHz files play perfectly ok here :/
Probably some 3rd-party plugin to blame.
Please read the first post in this thread carefully before posting here.
If the problem persists, post in Tech Support and provide a link to one of the problem files.
leakinglifeboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 11:03   #36
Big-Vito

Both in win98se and XP, when selecting to show files as icons;

If I want to play all the files of a group called "Peeps" I'll usually have files like Peeps-song1.mp3
and Peeps-song2.mp3 Peeps-song3.mp3. (if theyre from a cd)

When I mark all the files, FROM song1 TO song3 by using the mouse or SHIFT, as soon as I hit enter the files appear BACKWARDS in my winamp Playlist. This is annoying, since I want to play off the first song on a CD album and so forth. However, the files appear in the correct order from 1 to 3 if I select them backwards.

Note that this is now a clean install of XP, no plugins are installed.
Big-Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 17:54   #37
in_fade

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-Vito
When I mark all the files, FROM song1 TO song3 by using the mouse or SHIFT, as soon as I hit enter the files appear BACKWARDS in my winamp Playlist. This is annoying, since I want to play off the first song on a CD album and so forth. However, the files appear in the correct order from 1 to 3 if I select them backwards.
AFAIK this not related to Wa, as this behavior is shown with a lot of Windoze apps, e.g. EAC etc. it's most likely related to Windows and not Wa I would say.
Old 20th January 2005, 17:21   #38
wontixif

IE6 Locks Solid

-Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
-Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
-CPU Type Intel Pentium 4A, 2800 MHz (5.25 x 533)
-System Memory 256 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
-Video Adapter Intel(R82845G/GL/GE/PE/GVGraphicsController (64 MB)
-3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics
-Audio Adapter Creative SB Live! Series Audio Processo
-Disk Drive ST380011A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
-Optical Drive Lite-On LTN486S 48x Max (48x CD-ROM)
-Optical Drive SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S
-C: (NTFS) 76253 MB (65660 MB free)
-No plugins Winamp v 5.08

Possible Bug, When listening to an MP3 with Winamp minimized with IE6 open and maximized. Locks up when loading a page on IE6 and maximizing Winamp at the same time. BTW I'm running a Dell. Could this be a Ram problem? It never happened with Window Media Player. I still like winamp, but would like others not to have problems.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Not a hope of reproducing this. Post in Tech Support instead, and include a HijackThis log
wontixif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 01:27   #39
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Yahoo to Janus
M4A Tag Editor Bug

The tag editor that pops up when you view the info on a M4A file in winamp5 corrupts the file if you press the Update button.

Windows XP SP2
Athlon 64 Mobile, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9700 Mobility, Onboard Audio
Winamp 5.08 with Album List plugin (I think that's the only one I have installed)

I tried this with a few different M4A files from iTunes, and WA5 corrupted each one after I hit the Update button (even if I didn't change any of the text fields).

Now I have to buy the songs again

Edit: Sorry, this belongs in the plugin bugs thread, doesn't it? I wasn't sure if the tag editor was a part of the MP4 plugin or if it was a built in Winamp thing...
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2005, 02:39   #40
gaekwad2
Foorum King

It's also known and caused by iTunes using non-standard tags.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports