Old 9th December 2007, 23:22   #1
drfugawe

Gracenote, CDDB popups

Greetings,
At the risk of offending the techno-nerds who frequent this forum, I need to ask a very simplistic question. I use Winamp - and I have used it for 6+ years - for simply playing my music. Admittedly, I don't use much of the Winamp magic, and find it mystifying in complexity. However, I love it as a player.

Here's my current issue - although I like the way Gracenote looks up the id info for the complete cd's, many of my self created cd's are compilations, but Gracenote will still try to id them with an annoying and ongoing array of attempts, each of which must be responded to. Please note that I don't want to disable Gracenote - it's handy when I'm playing true/copies commercial cd's - but is there some way I can disable those annoying popup boxes?

I've done my journeyman effort of searching for an answer in all Winamp Helps/FAQs/forums/etc., but can't find an answer. Therefore I appreciate any response here.
Thanks,
john
drfugawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 00:04   #2
drfugawe

Sorry, here's needed data

Aplologies - forgot system info:
using Winamp 5.5
Win Vista,Home Premium,32
Dell Inspiron 1521
Home Network, fully functioning

What am I forgetting?
j
drfugawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 11:35   #3
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
I don't think your missing anything. We didn't really need any system specs because this isn't a bug or problem you are experienceing. As far as I know there is no way to disable the pop-up boxes, the only way would be to disable the MusicID title support, which you said you didn't want to do. It has been quite some time since I last used Winamp's ripper and it sounds like there have been many changes. I should perhaps look at again by ripping a few CDs.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support