Old 13th September 2011, 09:53   #1
djmino02

Linein:// issue

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to get MilkDrop to work with my DAW. I am running Ableton Live on Windows 7 with ASIO4ALL driver.

For some reason I cannot consistently get MilkDrop to sync up with Ableton when using LineIn:// as my input in WinAmp. It has randomly worked sometimes and not others.

I have searched high and low trying to figure this out. I have Stereo Mix enabled on but I think that it has something to do with my ASIO driver being used in Ableton that is causing the issue.

Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
djmino02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 10:17   #2
djmino02

re:

There is definitely an issue between my Stereo Mix recording option and ASIO. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If anyone has had a similar issue let me know.
djmino02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 16:27   #3
Nitorami
Major Dude

Search for ASIO on this forum, which comes up with this link for instance

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....IO#post2671487

These driver issues are a real headache. I had similar problems with ASIO and XP, and my personal recommendation is to set winamp to your standard sound card and use a cable to connect ASIO out to standard in. That may not be the most elegant solution but causes the least hassle.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum