Old 24th July 2006, 21:33   #1
imagoth2004

Send a message via Yahoo to imagoth2004
5.24 problem

I just downloaded, and installed the bundle pack for 5.24 about 5 min. ago. After I installed and registered it I finshed the installation, but when it automatically started up after finishing the installation it closed automatically, and told me to send the error to microsoft. I tried to reinstall, and it kept doing the same thing each time. Anyone have any solutions?
imagoth2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 23:47   #2
winamp_nation

Try a clean installation instead. I've always used Ccleaner (use google)to do them. Uninstall Winamp, delete the winamp folder in the Program Files. Install ccleaner, run the registry cleaner (under the 'issues' on the sidebar of the main screen). Do a scan of that, fix all the issues, (back up registry if it tells you to). Download a fresh version of winamp, and install the bundle. Should do it.

Always works when i get weird program problems like that.
winamp_nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 00:34   #3
Bubba Smith
Major Dude

winamp_nation...

Although that will work, it may not be necessary for imagoth2004 to have to go through all that. Just knowing the exact error message may shed some light here.

imagoth2004...

Please provide the EXACT error message details. That might prove very helpful in resolving the problem. All you said above was 'told me to send the error to microsoft'. That is not the exact error message.

Somewhere in the error 'box' you receive, it will say something like 'To see what data this error report contains, click here'

Click that next time you receive the error. That info will give us the exact error message. Then post the error message directly into your next reply. We'll do that first. Okay?

If the info revealed in the error message isn't helpful in resolving your problem, then afterwards, also provide what is asked for in Information required when posting.

Then, if nothing else works, as a last resort perform the clean install procedure:
Full Uninstall -> Reinstall procedure (aka: clean install)
Bubba Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 05:14   #4
imagoth2004

Send a message via Yahoo to imagoth2004
AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.2.4.703 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 000111de

Dell Dimension 2400 PC
510 ram
Soundblaster Live 24-bit
VisionTek RADEON 9200 Series video card
WinXP Home 5.1 build 2600
DirectX 9.0c
Winamp 5.24
Shared

I tried the clean install not long ago, and it still didn't work.
imagoth2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support