Old 21st March 2007, 20:20   #1
whaler227

5.33 lockup

Ever since I loaded 5.33 it locks up my computer every time I use it. I have had nearly every version of winamp ever made so I do know a little about it. I've reloaded it 3 times now and it still locks up. I would like to go back to the previous version which I never had a problem with. I have it set as my default player for everything so obviously it's a big problem and the only way out its to reboot which I'm getting really tired of doing. The other choice is to remove winamp completely. Any suggestions?
whaler227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 18:31   #2
Renarde

Send a message via ICQ to Renarde Send a message via AIM to Renarde Send a message via Yahoo to Renarde
Uninstalling 5.33 and installing an older version doesn't help

I'm having the same problem with Winamp 5.33 pro freezing up after the third or fourth song in my playlist. It does this *everytime* I use WinAmp, no matter which playlist I'm using. I've tried unistalling WinAmp, rebooting my system, and reinstalling WinAmp 5.32 pro, but this has not helped. WinAmp pro 5.32 worked just fine *before* I installed 5.33. It seems that the problem is some driver or file which was not deleted when I uninstalled 5.33.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Shoutcast and Shoutcast DSP. The computer, my streaming audio server, has plenty of memory, hard drive space, etc. The only thing it *doesn't* have right now is streaming of more than 4 songs in a row, which makes it sort of useless.

WinAmp gurus, please help!
Renarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 19:27   #3
whaler227

I finally ended up removing every trace of winamp from my system, all versions, then I reloaded 5.33 and so far it seems to be working. My guess is some of the remnant files from older versions were interfering with the newer ones. Just a guess but try this before you give up. It worked once, it may work again. Keep me posted.

whaler227
whaler227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 20:50   #4
Renarde

Send a message via ICQ to Renarde Send a message via AIM to Renarde Send a message via Yahoo to Renarde
Thanks whaler227. I'll give a complete uninstall a try.
Renarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 16:14   #5
tejanofm

having the same problem

wow-it has to be easy-just a click maybe
I'm having the same problem -I unstalled everyting and it ran for 17 hours and did it again
Whats up with 5.33 and xp

I need some help or soem thread
tejanofm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support