Old 17th August 2002, 18:10   #1
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Baseball Strike!!!

Can anyone beleive this damn stike that baseball is most likey going to encounter? This is just dumb. [sarcasim] Oh I'm sorry, is 105 million not enough for you? Yes Mr. All-Star Baseball Player, I understnad how that is simply not enough to pay for your 7 houses. [/sarcasim] Whatever happened to "the love of the game" I think that all the striking baseball players should be drafted, and then made to live on a military salary, and fight in our war. That would teach them some appreciation. These players are just selfish and money-hungry.

Last edited by dlinkwit27; 17th August 2002 at 18:27.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2002, 01:39   #2
mmitchell86

Send a message via ICQ to mmitchell86 Send a message via Yahoo to mmitchell86
Baseball Strike

I think baseball is going bust anyway, it seems that only the top two or three teams make profits, and that they have to share there profits with all the other teams to try and keep them afloat. I would like someone to confirm that though.

Michael.

mmitchell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2002, 01:55   #3
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I don't know if that is true, but i bet it is. It is also prbly because those top 3-5 teams are the only ones that can aafford the good players, and are the same ones that make th eplayoffs year after year (:cough: :cough:, yankees, :cough. the other teams don't stand a chance against them, and their fans don't want to pay the outrageous ticket prices to see their team lose.

Bottom line, a salary cap is a must.
Old 19th August 2002, 02:01   #4
mmitchell86

Send a message via ICQ to mmitchell86 Send a message via Yahoo to mmitchell86
Quote:
It is also prbly because those top 3-5 teams are the only ones that can aafford the good players
It is a bit like this in English soccer, the top 3 teams (Manchester Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool) will always occupiy the top three postitions, and all the other teams in the Premier League can't tocuh 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Its like there are three echelons in the leauge. The top few teams, the teams that settle for mid tables postitions, and the teams that struggle to remain in the league year in year out. I don't know what it is like in baseball, DLiNKWiT27, maybe you could inform me

Michael.

mmitchell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2002, 02:09   #5
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

To be honest, I have never really followed baseball that closely untill the new strike came about . 99% of what i hear in the news, espn, radio, ect. is this:

because the MLB has no salary cap, teams can spend as much as they want on whoever they want. Teams like the yankees are very rich, and can afford to pay one player many times what some teams (esp. newer teams and older but failing teams) are paying 2-3 players. Because of this, once a team begins a downfall, the teams fans lose intrest, the team loses money, and that results in the inability to afford top and key players that could help the team rise back to the top. Also contributing to this fact is the fact that the players are greedy, and because they think they are hot stuff, they will only play for the big money teams.

that is as much as i have figured out, someone please correct me if i am wrong in any way, shape, or form.

DLiNKWiT27 out.

p.s. i don't follow european football (soccer) that much.
Old 19th August 2002, 10:25   #6
Oni-Dracula

If I were a professional baseball player, I'd ask for a 1 million dollar a year salary.

[supersarcasm] Please mr. manager man, I need more money to fuel my money fire! If I dont have enough money, my children will freeze to death![/supersarcasm]

I love fake tags
Oni-Dracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2002, 14:44   #7
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

I'd only ask for about 500k a year, i don't need any more than that

[aggrements]fake tags are the sh*t[/aggrement]

DLiNK out
Old 20th August 2002, 06:37   #8
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
I am hoping for a looooooong strike - one that wipes out the World Series and so much of next year that there won't be a World Series next year either. Then the Yankees wouldn't win for at least 3 years in a row, and people would realize that they have better stuff to do than to pay money to go to a baseball game, and no one, not one person, will show up for the first few games back. Just a wish, and one that won't come true. Baseball as it stands today is screwed - no chance for more than half the teams to even get in the playoffs. One of those teams might have a fluke year from time to time, but it will always be Atlanta or Arizona vs. the Yankees in the World Series. That sucks. And these guys are making enough money. And don't believe the owners when they say all but a few teams are losing money. They fiddle with the books and hide stuff. And really, most of the teams are owned by incredibly wealthy people who are in it for fun, and they can afford to lose some money on their baseball team. It's hard to root for a bunch of rich greedy bastards against another bunch of rich greedy bastards. Die Baseball Die!
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2002, 19:42   #9
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

LOL J. Burnaway, LOL. I think a super long stike that would result in the loss of 90+% of the baseball fan base would teach the MLB, and all the other professional sports, a huge lesson. No World Seriers = a fair world series.
Old 24th August 2002, 09:27   #10
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
This is fucking terrible, my A's just got first place for the first time this year, and the strike is supposed to ruin it in just 6 more days

Hopefully the owners and the players both pull their heads out of their asses and realize that if there is a strike, baseball is gonna get fucked over most likely for good.

At least the NHL season is just 2 months away....

But anyways, I think the players are right, there should be a luxury tax on teams who spend too much and revenue sharing to prevent stupid ass owners like that Steinbrenner fuck over in New York who pays hundreds of millions of his own dollars to buy every fuckin star in the big leagues every goddamn year so his damn team can win all the god damn time. Fuck the Yankees.
Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2002, 16:29   #11
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

I agree with you completely Bizznatch, there should be a tax, and i also think that only TEAM money should be used to sign players. Thank goodness for the NFL and NHL seasons. I need the real sports, the one with contact. I've had enought with these baseball pussies.
Old 19th December 2011, 06:32   #12
vjames

I agree with you dilnkwit27 there should be one contact for every sport.
vjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 23:29   #13
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
yeah how dare baseball players go on strike and leave their fans enough spare time to learn how to properly spell strike!

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 05:37   #14
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Sorry to add to a dead thread, but since it was bumped...

Sports superstars' paychecks are the direct result of people being willing to give them TV ratings and sponsor product purchases. So, if you blame them, and yet still watch them on TV and buy their sponsors' products, it's your fault!

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist