Old 5th March 2002, 06:09   #1
parlay

DHCP with port forwarding enabled

As anyone tried DHCP with port forwarding enabled, according to the following link it looks like you can do both as long as you make sure server is outside the range of the ip addresses your router is assigning. I've tried this with shoutcase with no luck and I was wonder if anyone else has gotten this to work. No sure which IP address I should be using in the plug-in. No luck being able to connect. Thanks in advance.

Here is the link:
http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_...orwarding.html
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2002, 14:01   #2
breejns

Send a message via ICQ to breejns
Re: DHCP with port forwarding enabled

Quote:
Originally posted by parlay
As anyone tried DHCP with port forwarding enabled, according to the following link it looks like you can do both as long as you make sure server is outside the range of the ip addresses your router is assigning. I've tried this with shoutcase with no luck and I was wonder if anyone else has gotten this to work. No sure which IP address I should be using in the plug-in. No luck being able to connect. Thanks in advance.

Here is the link:
http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_...orwarding.html

Well you want to portforward a user to a shoutcast on you homeLAN if i'm not mistaking. First off all forget the idea of DHCP if you do not set the MAC-address of the card with the shoutcats server it has to have the same ip always. And if not you have to change your portforwarding details everytime you have an ip change.

But the router you have is just like a watchman that handles incoming traffic. So if your shoutcat server is on an internal PC at 192.168.0.23 you have to give in that connection coming on you.rre.al.iport should be forwarded to 192.168.0.23:8000 as you have your shoutcast running there.

THen becarefull with you firewall settings if you have them.. Getting the users to the right box in you homeLAN is one thing.. getting the stream back to the user in a different.. WIth no firewall it shouldn't be a problem . If you do have a firewall have the right ports set open.

Good luck,
breejns is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions