Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th November 2011, 05:13   #1
zustarek

Winamp Hangs and lags between songs, and when starting and stopping songs

-Clean Install of Winamp 5.622 with NO 3rd party plug-ins
-ASUS P6T Motherboard Socket 1366 Intel I7-920 Bloomfield
-Intel I7-920 Bloomfield with 4GB or Corsair Ram (only using 3GB)
-Creative SB X-Fi Platinum
-ATI RadeonHD 4800
-Windows XP SP3
-DirectX 9.0.c
-Winamp version 5.622
-Full Winamp Installation, I did not install Winamp Agent, Visualization, or Winamp Library, I've experimented installing winamp different ways with to no avail. I even went so far as to format and reinstall windows xp sp3 with no luck

Problem: Any application and even the OS itself hangs when winamp does any of the following: Switches between tracks, starts or stops a track.

Upon fresh reboot, winamp behaves properly, but once it's been playing for about 15-20mins the hangs get longer and longer until I'm either forced to switch media players (Windows Media Player, Foobar, and Zoomplayer all work fine) or restart the computer.

I have insured all my audio and video drives are current and have followed the steps in the forum in regards to tinkering with the DirectSound plug-in, toggling hardware acceleration both in winamp, and in my soundcard settings, increasing buffer sizes, checking "cpu control", etc. etc. and none of these have fixed the problem.

I'm a long time winamp user and this is the first time I've ever encountered this strange progressive lag time between tracks, and I've been using this computer for several years now.

I've included a hijackthis.log to aid in troubleshooting.
Attached Files
File Type: log hijackthis.log (4.6 KB, 287 views)
zustarek is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support