Old 27th March 2013, 03:32   #1
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
What do y'all think of this?

List of plugins.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BPInfoToolLog.zip (15.7 KB, 152 views)
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 03:45   #2
DrO

depends what you're aiming it to do / surplant (other than i've got blue seared into my tired eyes now).

as that's dumping a load of internal details about plug-ins which if it's for a reporting tool is going to cause a load more questions than it helps with e.g. address offsets mean nothing to most people. so just feels like a techy output which is fine if you know about such things and the workings of Winamp but not nooby users.

personally and if this is intended as the output from a reporting tool, then i think koopa's option is more suited than what's in the attachment (hence it being the recommended tool now that i've killed mine).

then again i'm sure some people will like having such low level details of things (even if they have no idea what it means and then expect to be told). but again it really comes down to what you're trying to achieve.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 20:26   #3
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The interesting thing is that you're able to grab the real plugin name and the version number. If you're interested you could help me with a plugin for NSIS, so that I can implement version numbers and real names in Winamp Info Tool. :P

-Chris
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 20:39   #4
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Gimmie the specs and I'll do it up.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 20:49   #5
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The main problem with external report tools (external Nunz Program or Winamp Info Tool) is, that they cannot grab the version number and the plugin name. That's only possible from within Winamp (or with some kind of plugin loader). That's the big disadvantage of my tool compared to DrO's old Nunzio Plugin.

I would need a NSIS plugin, which loads the Winamp Plugins just to grab the version number and the plugin name.

I could give your source code of my scripts and could you explain how the code works. Additionally you would get full credits for your work, that's all i can do, since I'm doing the thing in my freetime only.

[Edit] That wouldn't work, just saw DrO's postin below.

-Chris
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 20:49   #6
DrO

koopa is jumping the gun a bit as he's wanting what is shown in the preferences lists but that is not going to be viable with a NSIS plug-in.

even if Winamp is running, trying to pull that from the plug-ins out of process is uber-hacky and if the plug-in isn't even loaded in Winamp none of the official ones will provide a viable plugin.description.

hence some work we're trying to do on the build system to allow it to be stored in a versioninfo block for non-running / external program access.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
info, tool