Old 3rd August 2002, 14:54   #1
kulkar

Annoying!!!!!!!!!!

OK THATS IT!! I am getting sick of these people useing skinners. They are ruinning the the whole thing. They stink! All it is is a picture slapped on the winamp skin. THATS IT! there is nothing good about that. To make it worse, some fruit-loops like 'em. Thats not a skin is supposed to be. Skins are supposed to look good, be unique, to be something to look at and you'd say, thats damn cool. NOT JUST A FLAT PICTURE of some stupid anime character, or singer, or just stuff. There are skins that use pictures that are good, but the skinners don't understande that these ones have incorperated the picture into the skin. Just go look at top staff rated. So annoying.
kulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 15:48   #2
DJ ANTarctic

Send a message via ICQ to DJ ANTarctic
In my opinion skinner.exe skins shouldn't get into the top staff rated. But it's not my choice ...

"I am not responsible for the mood I am in today. Please direct all complaints to Mr. William Gates." ............
If you can read this, email me: little_nicky_nz@hotmail.com
DJ ANTarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 16:08   #3
db junior

Nothing that hasn't been said before a thousand times. Soon, the skinner.exes will be removed from the Most Recent Category, which should make browsing winamp.com/skins a bit more pleasant. Apart from that, the best thing to do is to ignore them, and instead help nurture the world of real skins. Welcome to skin love.

That's a strage sig you've got there, DJANTarctic
db junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 16:57   #4
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

There shouldnt be any skinner.exe skins in top staff rated. They get a generic rating, usually 2 stars at best, so if there are any in top staff rated then theres been a stuffup somewhere.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 18:18   #5
Omnitarian

Send a message via AIM to Omnitarian
They're removing skinner.exes from most recent? Are you serious? *Dies of elation*

The only thing I get to complain about now is that all them skinner.exes bog down the time it takes to publish. I still wonder if we could get the skin publishing robot to automatically slap 'generated' skins with 1 star and generic review.
Omnitarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 19:18   #6
db junior

Quote:
Originally posted by Atmo
There shouldnt be any skinner.exe skins in top staff rated. They get a generic rating, usually 2 stars at best, so if there are any in top staff rated then theres been a stuffup somewhere.
I don't hink there are. I think DJ ANTarctic misunderstood kulkar's post
Quote:
There are skins that use pictures that are good........Just go look at top staff rated.
Old 3rd August 2002, 20:20   #7
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Omnitarian
I still wonder if we could get the skin publishing robot to automatically slap 'generated' skins with 1 star and generic review.
Possibly, but how would a bot distinguish between skinner and non skinner skins??

Also, it would be possible for skinner.exe skins with adult or innapropriate content to slip thru with bot publishing.
Old 3rd August 2002, 20:32   #8
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
hmm... do all the skinner programs insert the plug in the readme file? While some people who use skinners know how to edit these, most don't have a clue... of course, I guess they'd still have to go to a "holding area" to be looked at content-wise - but taken out of most recent - WOOHOO!!!
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 20:40   #9
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

They'll also be capped to a total of 10,000. Meaning that skinner.exe skins will have a shelf life of around a year, when one gets submitted, one falls off the edge.
Old 3rd August 2002, 21:46   #10
BlueBalls
Major Dude

is there no way to make an option in the "skin submission" place for skinner or non-skinner, and if they choo non-skinner when it really is a skinner then it wont get published?

then if they click skinner, it goes to a seperate queue with only skinner skins in it?

then the rest of us wont hafta wait so long to be published, then the skinners will have to wait longer cos im figuring u skin reviewers would much rather view non-skinner then skinner right? you can spend 3 weeks of the month on non-skinner, 1 week on skinner and shuffle turns for the week,

...//Oxidise.org - Coming Soon...
...//Breedart.org - Skin Division Member...
...//deviantART; blueballs - My devPage...
BlueBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2002, 21:53   #11
kulkar

good idea

I like blueballs idea, after some fruit loops like the skinner.exe skins.
Old 3rd August 2002, 22:22   #12
skinme!
Forum King

I like my idea. I just haven't quite formulated it yet. This issue seems to be quite similar to the whole "What's the answer to life? Why am I here? Why does Dr Pepper always fizz up more than Coke in the UK, but not so in America? Who invented the wheel? Why is ther an F12 button?" issue. Perhaps we should just be satisfied with a numerical answer... some have suggested 42. BTW, I plan to solve the Dr Pepper -vs.- Coke mystery once I've got my degree in science.

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2002, 01:05   #13
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Dr. Pepper fizzes more than Coke in Michigan... That's why they have to put those warnings about it exploding on the bottle.
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2002, 02:13   #14
db junior

Quote:
They'll also be capped to a total of 10,000. Meaning that skinner.exe skins will have a shelf life of around a year, when one gets submitted, one falls off the edge.
And then, when no one was looking, we could all join hands and charge - pushing them all off the edge (like Walt Disney used to do with lemmings in his documentaries - pretending that they did it themselves, dirty MF)

Quote:
......cos im figuring u skin reviewers would much rather view non-skinner then skinner right? you can spend 3 weeks of the month on non-skinner, 1 week on skinner and shuffle turns for the week,
There sort of is a 'bot' in place to deal with the skinner.exes - and that poor bastard's name is Wally. I think all the other reviewers deal with real skins exclusively.

///In Australian English, 'bastard' is not derogatory when uesd like I used it - not sure if it's like that in other dialects.
Old 4th August 2002, 02:16   #15
db junior

I often wonder, do Coke cans in USA and UK have "Always" written on them? And if so, in what languages?

Here, where it's made by Coca-Cola Amatil (Australian division of Coke), it says it in French, Spanish, and Polish. I can't believe I wonder about such stupid things, but I do.
Old 4th August 2002, 02:49   #16
skinme!
Forum King

Michigan's kinda near UK climate-wise. The phenomenom I was referring to is based upon experience in the err sunnier states - Floridah-dah-dah, North Carolinah-nah-nah, The-one-above-Florida-whose-only-purpose-is-to-serve-as-a-Delta-hub-hub-hub.

Yeah we get the always, immer, tous les jours treatment too (well in the UK at least). Thank god I don't like Coke. Gimme a Dr Pepper any day. Failing that gimme a Diet Coke (ou un Coca-Lite, s'il vous plai^t) - it won't make me less fat, but it'll not make me puke so much.

It's kinda scary to think that Coke will outlive humanity as-we-know-it. What? It must be true -- the marketing guy said so.

He had decided to live forever, or die in the attempt
In America - a must see film
skinme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2002, 03:42   #17
Omnitarian

Send a message via AIM to Omnitarian
Quote:
Possibly, but how would a bot distinguish between skinner and non skinner skins??
Automatically take all skins with the genre as generated. The skinner.exers that didn't know about generated would surpass it, but something is better than nothing.

Quote:
Also, it would be possible for skinner.exe skins with adult or innapropriate content to slip thru with bot publishing.
Ah, hadn't thought of that... that shoots the concept down completely. Oh well. It was a nice idea on paper.

Blueball's idea is good. But instead of not publishing at all, it should just be pushed in the skinner queue (otherwise we might tick morons off). I'd really like to see if that'd be possible, because that would kick ass. Although I'd still be happy just having .exes being nicked from most recent.
Omnitarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2002, 03:44   #18
FooMonkey
Listens to Chicago!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to FooMonkey Send a message via AIM to FooMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to FooMonkey
Quote:
Originally posted by skinme!
Why is ther an F12 button?
that button is there so that when you're playing a flight simmulator and you shoot a rocket at someone, you can watch the rocket hit the other plane from a better angle--right behind it
the keyboard companies make that key specifically for that purpose. I've asked

[website](foomonkey)|(Winamp|DevArt)[skins]
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
Jellby's Skiners' Atlas
FooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2002, 04:14   #19
flatmatt
Iron Chef
(Reviewer)

Plus, on the skinner readme issue, there are people who use skinner programs, then modify their skin heavily, but leave the skinner readme. So that would screw it up, too.
flatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2002, 08:00   #20
kulkar

well, about that content getting past the bot.... yould you really mind? Besides, there could be someone looking at what comes past the bot anyways before it goes up, I thought they had to do that anyways.
Old 4th August 2002, 18:35   #21
db junior

Well, since everyone's giving their ideas for dealing with skinner.exes:

I don't know if it would be feasible, but I think it would be a cool idea to have a little checkbox when performing searches: "Exclude generated skins". If you checked that box then, well, it would exclude all results from the generated category. If the site had this, as well as the exclusion from most recent, I feel that the skinner.exes would be well and truly out of the way of all of us that don't like them, and the problem would largely be solved...
Old 5th August 2002, 00:06   #22
Nini
skin domptrice
(Major Dudette)

Send a message via ICQ to Nini Send a message via AIM to Nini
Quote:
Originally posted by skinme!

Perhaps we should just be satisfied with a numerical answer... some have suggested 42.

Hmm.. 4+2=6..

Quote:

Another female number, 6 indicates Dharma, Christ Consciousness, Grace, love, forgiveness, compassion. It indicates a reqeust to go beyond the five senses and Karma and develop compassion etc. within yourself.

Interesting, isn't it?

btw:.http://www.avcweb.com/dreams/numbers.htm

The skin love webring
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2002, 11:17   #23
db junior

Quote:
Originally posted by Nini

Interesting, isn't it?

btw:.http://www.avcweb.com/dreams/numbers.htm
I was skeptical of numerology for a long time, until I realised, to my dismay, that it somehow works
Old 5th August 2002, 16:06   #24
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
Quote:
Originally posted by db junior
I was skeptical of numerology for a long time, until I realised, to my dismay, that it somehow works
I'm still skeptical - what changed your mind?
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2002, 02:51   #25
Chaeo

Forty Two

42 is the answer?

Fair enough. A=1 B=2 C=3 D=4 Z=26 etc.

M=13
A=1
T=20
H=8

Total=42.

Eat that.

Were we talking about skinner.exe`s?
Man, I love the way these threads twist off onto new paths.
Chaeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2002, 03:05   #26
Saotome 2.0

Send a message via AIM to Saotome 2.0
Re: Forty Two

Quote:
Originally posted by Chaeo
42 is the answer?
Yes. 42 has always been the answer, Hasn't anyone read The Hitchhikher's Guide To The Galaxy?

OLD SCHOOL!
My Home Page
Saotome 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2002, 03:18   #27
Chaeo

Edukatid.

By `read` you mean `Did I catch the TV series?` - Sure. I`m about to read Lord of the Rings also. On DVD.

Btw: Using my previous numerology crap, A=1 etc:

Internet=105
Torment=105

Nuff said.
Chaeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2002, 04:07   #28
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

I'm guessing he meant read as in read, like the book, you might have seen on of those at school, some can actually be read for fun, and are actually way better then any tv series or movie that was inspired by it. go try it some times.

BTW Chaeo that is the scariest avatar I have ever seen
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2002, 04:14   #29
Namelessv1
Forum King

Quote:
BTW Chaeo that is the scariest avatar I have ever seen
Its pure evil.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins