Old 12th December 2009, 15:58   #1
sirmortimer

Keeping original folder structure.

Hello,
I have a question that has been bugging me for years now.
I have a nice music collection on an external harddrive that's organized in folders by Music Genres and subfolders by album name and performer.
So for example for Nirvana's "Bleach" it'd look like this:
MUSIQ \ GRUNGE \ NIRVANA - BLEACH \ mp3s

My problem is that I'd like to be able to browse my library like I'd be browsing in regular Windows Explorer, without Winamp organizing it according to mp3 tags. For example, my sample album ID3 tags are "_NIRVANA_" for artist and album name tag is missing. So...if I want to listen to this particular album i have to search for "_Nirvana" and then look for songs from that album.... instead of going to "grunge" folder and then just picking the album i want.

I hope you understand my problem.

I tried couple of different mp3 tagging softwares and right now my tags are all mess. That's why I'd love to be able to browse using my own folder structure. I don't want to spend hours fixing my ID4 tags...

Please help! Thank you,
sirmortimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 18:04   #2
osmosis
Major Dude

folder & filename are included in winamp's ML searches, so you could search for grunge and have that work for you.. also to actually use an ML-like interface for the long-requested "folder view" you want Joonas' Dynamic Library. Newest build is here but it hasn't been updated for awhile, so no guarantees on compatibility or bugs.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion