Old 24th February 2002, 16:11   #1
nyrfan

Demo in winamp

When right clicking on start and clicking "Play in Winamp" how do you get the demo to stop playing and get it to open a file location. I know there is a way because it used to work like that for me before upgrading to XP.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2002, 18:47   #2
henry3k56
Forum King

Just hit stop to quit playing the demo.mp3.
Just hit L to open certain files, Ctrl+L to open a location on the internet, and Shift+L to open a directory where you store your mp3s. Also on the Playlist, you can delete demo.mp3 from playing over, and over, and over in your playlist. On the Playlist there is a button on the bottom left-hand side, that says Add, click on that, and you can Add Url, Add Dir, or Add File to the playlist.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2002, 19:33   #3
nyrfan

Thats not what I need

I know how to do it that way...but how do you completly get rid of the demo and have it go directly to files??
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2002, 22:34   #4
henry3k56
Forum King

Well demo.mp3 is in C:\Program Files\Winamp\. You can just delete it that way, then you have to create a new Playlist in Winamp to where your files are at. Once you created it, close Winamp (That should save that playlist), then re-open Winamp, then hit play. That current playlist should be there. If you open another mp3 that whole list will disappear. In that case if you wanna add another mp3 to your list, you can Enqueue that file in Winamp. (Right Click> Enqueue In Winamp). Enqueueing means you can add files to the Playlist, Play in Winamp is just to create a new playlist to play that certain file.
Hope that works.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2002, 23:21   #5
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Every time you close Winamp, it saves everything in the current playlist window to winamp.m3u (unless that file is read-only *), which it opens next time you open Winamp via the Desktop or Start Menu shortcuts.

*If it is read-only, Winamp just opens demo.mp3 on start up. To save files to a playlist of your own, click list -> save in the playlist window.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support