Old 26th January 2011, 23:45   #1
digitalvapor

Alarm plug-in crashes 5.601

I use the Winamp Alarm Plug-In v3.0, and have for years without problem, until I upgraded to 5.601 yesterday. I go to configure it to set my clock and instantly Winamp ceases to work. Windows says it crashed because of Data Execution Prevention. Wonder if it's because of the error I keep getting while installing. I've installed other previous winamp versions, but the program itself becomes dysunctional. Also tried selecting Winamp to not be associated with DEP, but Windows says it must in order to operate.

Haven't done a full uninstall because I don't want to lose my playlist play counts. And I really use this as my alarm.
digitalvapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 07:49   #2
DrO

you'd need to contact the plug-in author to get them to fix / make the plug-in compatible with newer Winamp clients (is most likely related to the security fixes in 5.60x for dll loading and some recent patches made to Windows). there's a few plug-ins which have shown such issues which have always been there but managed to work (luckily).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 07:41   #3
digitalvapor

Are any of the other known alarms still functioning? I'm not seeing any new plug-ins made in the last 5 years.
digitalvapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support