Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 21st July 2008, 09:19   #1
johncage

Winamp keeps saying 'Invalid registration key'

Hello.

I just purchased winamp 5.54 via paypal.
Then I downloaded program from http://www.findmyorder.com
and took registration key from there.

But when I try to register with my name and key, winamp doesn't accept it...

Of course I tried to contact customer support via form but i always receive a reply "Returned mail: see transcript for details" from MAILER-DAEMON@digitalriver.com which says "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<orders@store.winamp.com>
(reason: 550 5.7.1 relaying denied)"

so this forum is my last hope to get my problem solved.

Thank you for your attention,
johncage
johncage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 10:50   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Please check your PM's
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 12:18   #3
johncage

Thank you for your quick help... problem is solved and everything's working fine now.
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:13   #4
Winamp-Newbee

Hello!

I've got the same problem - would be nice if you post the solution so everybody with this problem can use the solution...

If not, you "force" me to post the same problem again and the next user has te post it again (and so on...).

Greetings and sorry for my english,
Peter
Winamp-Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:40   #5
johncage

Quote:
Originally posted by Winamp-Newbee
Hello!

I've got the same problem - would be nice if you post the solution so everybody with this problem can use the solution...

If not, you "force" me to post the same problem again and the next user has te post it again (and so on...).

Greetings and sorry for my english,
Peter
hey. i am sorry, was an administrative problem only... received a new key from DJ Egg and then everything turned out well...

so i won't publish my username and reg_key here
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:51   #6
Winamp-Newbee

O.K.

But after reading this answer, I know that I have to get a new key and that there is nothing wrong with the program or my computer...

Thanks you!
Winamp-Newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:21   #7
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, I can't post the email address publically.
Please check your Private Messages.

Also note that it should say something like this on the order receipt:

LOOKING UP YOUR ORDER
1.Go to http://www.findmyorder.com. You may also find other helpful information on this page.

There's a 'Contact Customer Service' link via the links at the bottom, e.g.

1. Looking for download information? Click here
2. Still need help? Contact Customer Service

The orders@store.winamp.com email address used for sending out the automatic receipt is a no-reply address, ie. that's why you get an 'undeliverable email' reply if you try to reply to it directly.

So... fill in the form at www.findmyorder.com and you will get a reply from Digital River Customer Service.
Their email will probably just include a copy of your original order receipt/instructions, but it will also include a valid Winamp Support email address (not Digital River Customer Support) in the body of the message. Send the reply to THAT email address only (again, don't just hit Reply & Send). The email will then come directly to me, and I will then issue you with a new working key.

Note that your email needs to include a copy of your order receipt as proof of purchase. If it doesn't, then my reply will just ask you to send it again. I can't issue a new key otherwise.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:49   #8
vieiras

I have the same problem: invalid registration key. I tried everything, I tried to contact the customer service but no matter which email I use I get an error email. I used the web form as well and no luck. Every email I send comes back to me. It's mentioned in this forum to get a new key but where? I don't know what else to do. Anybody? Thanks
vieiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 14:29   #9
hdb2000

Same problem here...

Bought Winamp Pro 2 nights ago, tried registration key with my full name, first name, email address, order number, etc. and keep getting the Invalid Registration Key error.

Sent email to Digital River customer service last night - got no confirmation or any response whatever as of yet.
hdb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 14:48   #10
Saxer

Yes I asked for the same problem in other thread...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=296637
Saxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2008, 21:56   #11
brody456

if you sent a email to digital river it dose take 1 to 2 buiness days to recive a reply from them and thanks for getting mine pro to work dj egg
brody456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 01:54   #12
vieiras

I emailed them few days ago. No respond. Which email should I use. Please help.
vieiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 10:42   #13
FordTimelord

invalid registration key

hi, i've got the same problem. bought the winamp pro-version some days ago, but the registration key is invalid...can you help me DJ EGG? i wrote an email to the customer service but they did not answer...
FordTimelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 10:59   #14
zottel

sounds all so familiar - been trying now to get a valid registration key from customer service by half dozen of trials of the the last months - and haven't received even an confirmation.
Anybody got an idea how to put things in order?
zottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 04:19   #15
YzermanCpt

I too purchaded the pro verson the other night. I did it at 5:47am on the 27th as a matter of fact. I also get "invalid registration" I then came here and after reading this thread, I havn't bothered to email anyone as it seems not to work. Instead, I PMed DJ EGG that same morning and I have yet to get a reply. In message tracking, it shows that he hasn't even read my PM. Maybe he's on vacation or something.
YzermanCpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 08:50   #16
predo

Same problem

I have the same problem. The unlock code i received yesterday does not work. Winamp says, that the code are invalid. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
predo
predo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 05:50   #17
YzermanCpt

Well, I went ahead and emailed them. I got this....

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
(reason: 550 5.7.1 relaying denied)

This keeps up and they don't reply to me soon, I'm going to have to go find a keycode from a Torent site or something just so I can fully use my LEGIT copy of WinAmp. So far, WinAmp has proven to have poor customer service.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:26   #18
Saxer

Well, I'll be waiting for a new unlock code... I feel like paying for nothing.

Grettings.
Saxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 20:16   #19
dan_g1978

I had the same problem. I sorted it out by uninstalling Winamp and deleting the Winamp folder in the Programs folder. Then I reinstalled winamp and re-entered the key and it worked fine.
Try this for yourselves, hopefully it will work for most of you.
dan_g1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:27   #20
YzermanCpt

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Still, if it does work, it doesn't change the fact that we, as paying customers have to wait so long to get a response, when there are dishonest people who can get an unlock code that works the first time so much easier the pirated way.
Old 2nd September 2008, 03:38   #21
hdb2000

That worked for me

Thanks for the suggestion, I hope it works for everyone else.
hdb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:01   #22
dan_g1978

No problem. Glad it worked for you.
dan_g1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:46   #23
Shadeoflife

Same problem as everyone else. My unlock code does not work, all my customer support emails get bounced back and Ive tried uninstalling/re-installing as mentioned earlier in the thread without success.

Anyone got any other suggestions, or if I could just get a new unlock code that would be great.
Shadeoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:51   #24
Berick

got the same problem here, just bought Winamp Pro and get the invalid registration key message....

and the message from customer service gets bounced back....
Berick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 16:04   #25
der mike

Hallo

Ihr müsst entschuldigen das ich mein Anliegen nur auf Deutsch schildern kann. Ich habe wie der Member zu Thread-beginn WinAmp Pro per PayPal erworben. Der Registrierungsschlüssel wird als ungültig abgelehnt. Ein weiterer Unlock-Code, welchen ich nach Rücksprache mit dem Support erhalten habe, wird ebenfalls abgelehnt. Nach weiteren Rücksprachen wurde ich auf dieses Forum verwiesen.

Ich hoffe das mir jemand auf Grund seiner Kenntnisse helfen kann.

Danke für Euer Interesse

mike
der mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 18:37   #26
Bardis

hi

me too get the Invalid registration key

and when I try to mail suport I get the mail return

so what can I do from here ?
Bardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 18:55   #27
guenthpw

Re: Winamp keeps saying 'Invalid registration key'

I have exactly the same problem. The only difference is that I had bought my WINAMP PRO more than a year ago.

Unlike with other software companies, I never found a phone number on WINAMP's web site to solve the problem quickly and efficiently.

Also, unlike with other software vendors, emails resulted in answers that did not address my question and other emails came back as undeliverable.

I have used WINAMP from the very beginning and I like it. But my problems with this unusable registration key and the needless time I have wasted on it, make me wonder if WINAMP is still interested in business?

I hope this harangue is helpful to WINAMP to point out a serious issue in their business setup. And I also hope that I will somehow receive a working registration key.

Quote:
Originally posted by johncage
Hello.

Of course I tried to contact customer support via form but i always receive a reply "Returned mail: see transcript for details" from MAILER-DAEMON@digitalriver.com which says "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

johncage
guenthpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2008, 18:33   #28
TRoeseler

Hi all - as somebody said already, all the above sounds so familiar. I tried to do something good for the community and bought a license for Winamp Pro (payed with credit card). After receiving the registration key and downloading the latest version I tried to do the registration. Unfortunately I always got the message „Authorization key not valid“. So I spent some money for nothing …. But the worst is that even using the only service channel (orders@store.winamp.com) this problem couldn't be solved - since the message I sent was rejected by their mail system. @der mike: How was it possible to get in contact with the Service? I guess you couldn't talk directly to anybody of them... I do not know if somebody from Winamp is reading all the complains - most probably this will be the first and last time that I spent money for Winamp.
TRoeseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 08:50   #29
der mike

@ TRoeseler: Der Support spricht Deutsch aber die Hilfe ist fragwürdig.

mailto:winamphelp@digitalriver.com

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

That email address is for Digital River Customer Support, not Winamp Pro Technical Support. See below instead.
der mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 09:31   #30
TRoeseler

@der mike: Danke - ich werde es mal versuchen, viel Hoffnung habe ich nicht.
TRoeseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 07:15   #31
Number99

Too bad that this issue keeps on happening. I've been thinking of bying Winamp Pro, but after reading that so many people are having problems with their registration I won't register.
Number99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 20:25   #32
frozen groet

I'm happy again. I found the solution.
I got this email address and I got a new working reg key in minutes. Thank you! :-D

winamppro-support@listserv.sup.aol.com

You also need to include a copy of your Winamp Pro receipt as proof of purchase.
If you don't have the original email, you can lookup the details at www.findmyorder.com

If you don't have the details, then at least include your Customer Name and the email address you used to purchase Winamp Pro with.

For issues with the Reg Key, also include your Windows OS, eg. WinXP sp3 32-bit, or Vista x64, etc.

[Post edited by DJ Egg]
frozen groet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 21:03   #33
guenthpw

After following many dead end links in the Winamp web site and receiving useless canned messages, I finally ended up with DJ Egg's email address. DJ solved my problem in an instant. I sill love Wianmp Pro and I am glad I can use it again and I sure hope that someone at Winamp will look into this problem per se and the defects in the Winamp web site that make it look as if Winamp was no longer interested in its customers.

Thanks DJ (if you read this) and good luck with straightening out the problem with the registration code and the Winamp web site.
guenthpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2008, 21:29   #34
iBlogradio

Cool.. had same issue a while ago.. Good its sorted for ya..
iBlogradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 20:23   #35
Shadeoflife

Quote:
Originally posted by frozen groet
I'm happy again. I found the solution. I got this email address and I got a new working reg key in minutes.

support-pro@winamp.com

Thanks for the help DJ Egg

[EDIT --> DJ Egg]

IMPORTANT

You also need to include a copy of your Winamp Pro receipt as proof of purchase.
If you don't have the original email, you can lookup the details at www.findmyorder.com

If you don't have the details (especially the Order Number), then at least include
your exact Customer Name and the email address you used to purchase Winamp Pro with.

For issues with the Reg Key, also include your Windows OS, eg. WinXP sp3 32-bit, or Vista x64, etc.

Registration Key Troubleshooter:

If it's Win 2k/XP then make sure you are logged into Windows with an admin user profile and not a limited user profile.

If it's Vista or Windows 7/8, try the following:

Open Winamp by right-clicking the Winamp desktop icon or winamp.exe itself and selecting "Run as administrator".
Then go to: Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Winamp Pro (top of Prefs tree)
and enter the exact Registration Name in the top field
and copy+paste the exact Registration Key in the bottom field.
Click "Submit Registration Key".
Say 'Yes' to any Windows UAC prompt, if enabled.

It should now say "Valid 5.0 registration key" and the Pro features will be unlocked.

If it still says "Invalid registration key", try the following:

First, switch to the Winamp Classic skin.
You can always switch back to the Bento or Modern skin later.

Close Winamp

Right-click the Winamp desktop icon and select:
Properties
Go the "Compatibility" tab:
Checkmark: "Run this program as an administrator"
Checkmark: "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP sp3".

Click OK

Reopen Winamp, and try entering the reg key combination again.

Go to: Winamp -> Prefs (Ctrl+P) -> Winamp Pro

Under "Registration Info", copy+paste the exact Customer Name into the top field,
and the exact Reg Key into the bottom field.

Make sure there's no trailing spaces at the end (or the beginning).

Click "Submit Registration Key"

If it now works, you should UNDO the compatibilty settings changes for normal usage & operation of Winamp
(ie. uncheck both "Run as admin" & "Run this program in compatibility mode").

If the key still doesn't work, even after uninstalling & reinstalling Winamp, then send an email to the above address...
Be sure to include your Windows OS, plus one or all of your Order No, Customer Name & Customer email address.

DJ Egg
Winamp Team
Shadeoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:21   #36
rollingherby

unlocKey does not work

Hallo Leute, ich habe leider das gleiche Problem wie alle meine Vorschreiber.
Habe gestern WinAmp Pro per PayPal gekauft und leider funktioniert der ausgelieferte Schlüssel nicht. Auch meine Versuche über die Hilfe per email weiterzukommen sind gescheitert. Die emails kommen alle wieder zurück wegen ungekanntem Adressat.
Schade, dass das mit WINAMP so schwierig ist. Die Bezahlung hatt jedenfalls besser geklappt.
Über HIlfe wäre ich sehr dankbar, denn die oben verlinkten emailadressen habe ich bisher auch erfolglos kontaktiert.
SCHAAAADE, ist schon echt ärerlich wenn man seine Kohle für nix zum Fenster rausgeschmissen hat. Keine Ahnung warum WinAMP sich überhaupt nicht um seine Kunden kümmert.

Gr vom Hörbi

Last edited by rollingherby; 22nd October 2008 at 12:48.
rollingherby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:46   #37
rollingherby

Re: unlocKey does not work

Quote:
Originally posted by rollingherby
Hallo Leute, ich habe leider das gleiche Problem wie alle meine Vorschreiber.
Habe gestern WinAmp Pro per PayPal gekauft und leider funktioniert der ausgelieferte Schlüssel nicht. Auch meine Versuche über die Hilfe per email weiterzukommen sind gescheitert. Die emails kommen alle wieder zurück wegen ungekanntem Adressat.
Schade, dass das mit WINAMP so schwierig ist. Die Bezahlung hatt jedenfalls besser geklappt.
Über HIlfe wäre ich sehr dankbar, denn die oben verlinkten emailadressen habe ich bisher auch erfolglos kontaktiert.
SCHAAAADE, ist schon echt ärerlich wenn man seine Kohle für nix zum Fenster rausgeschmissen hat. Keine Ahnung warum WinAMP sich überhaupt nicht um seine Kunden kümmert.

Gr vom Hörbi
Jetzt hat mich der gleiche Link wie o.g. gerettet. DANKE.
Dennoch, etwas peinlich ist das schon. WinAMP sollte hier besser aufpassen, ein guter Ruf ist schnell mal ruiniert, und das wäre bei dem tollen Programm doch wirch schade.

LG vom Hörbi
rollingherby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 19:15   #38
turas

solved

had the same problem when installing under windows 7.
when i started the installation with "run as administrator" option i was able to register my key correctly.
turas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 00:13   #39
smooshrox

winamp not accepting Registration Key

I have had the same problem...how do I fix this?

johncage[/QUOTE]
smooshrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 02:39   #40
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Where did you buy 5.54 from?

The latest version is 5.572

The problem is fixed in 5.572
(it was a UAC/Permissions related issue under Windows Vista & 7)

Other than that....

FAQ

Invalid Registration Key when trying to register Winamp Pro
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....did=294846#pro

I need to contact Winamp Pro Support!
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....did=294846#pro

(note, same thread url for both)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support