Old 23rd March 2012, 21:54   #1
fibbermcghee

Playlist clearing on single play

Here goes.

I have about 40k mp3 files, in around 750 folders on one drive. They have collected over the past ten or twelve years from every source imaginable--ripped from vinyl, CD, video clips, movies, microphones, downloaded from the source we don't talk about, purchased from Amazon, etc. etc. They have all been encoded with LAME. Metadata associated with each file could be anything, is not known and there is no time available to devote to discovering it. I have used Winamp exclusively (always up to date, currently 5.622 pro) to playback mp3s. I do not use the Media Library.

I like to make up 200-300 file playlists of stochastically selected files. The only way to do this that I know of is to simply keep adding files one or two or three at a time to the playlist window, and when I have what I want, saving it as a playlist. There may be better ways to do it, but I've always done it this way.

The one problem is, if I mistakenly click on a single mp3 file in Explorer, Winamp, which is my default player, immediately dumps whatever is in the playlist and plays this one mp3. I've built many a playlist up to 300 files, double clicked a file by accident and had Winamp clear the whole playlist and play this one mp3, which I probably didn't want to hear anyway. I do try to save as I go along, but this is kind of clumsy in Winamp, and sometimes I'll forget for 50 or 60 files. I have spent hours over the years, trying to find out how to prevent this, to no avail.

Is there a way?
fibbermcghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 10:39   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi fibbermcghee,

Give the following plug-in a try.

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/plu.html

ps. note that you could also change the default action to Enqueue instead of Play (via: Winamp > Prefs > File Types).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support