Old 13th September 2012, 12:55   #1
Dollar Bill

Cut and Paste Album Art files - problem

I have been consolidating media files from several computers into one large hard disk. About 4,000 files. In doing so, I moved a lot of Album Art files. I noticed a warning notice that IF I cut/pasted "system" files like these that they might not work. I didn't move any Windows System files.

Now, when I click on a media file in Winamp Pro, I may get a different file playing than the one indicated.

What can I do?
Dollar Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 13:56   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi,

From time to time, Windows will download and hide image files within certain folders. What triggers Windows to do this is not well understood.

Go to Tools - Folder Options - View in Windows Explorer and turn on the options to show hidden files and system files. You will get a warning not to do this. Do it anyway. Then look in each album folder and delete all the image files except for the one that matches the album (You may need to close and re-open Explorer for the options change to take effect). Make sure that the album image file is named "folder" (even if you have to rename it), do not change the file's extension.

Then turn off the option to show system (and hidden files, if you want) files in Windows Explorer.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 17:21   #3
Dollar Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi,

From time to time, Windows will download and hide image files within certain folders. What triggers Windows to do this is not well understood.

Go to Tools - Folder Options - View in Windows Explorer and turn on the options to show hidden files and system files. You will get a warning not to do this. Do it anyway. Then look in each album folder and delete all the image files except for the one that matches the album (You may need to close and re-open Explorer for the options change to take effect). Make sure that the album image file is named "folder" (even if you have to rename it), do not change the file's extension.

Then turn off the option to show system (and hidden files, if you want) files in Windows Explorer.
I will try this and get back with my answers. Thank you for the reply.
Dollar Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support