Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 23rd April 2008, 13:01   #1
Cloudchaser

Strange global hotkeys problem, also reporting graphics problem

Woof! *wags tail*

I have Winamp 5.531 (x86). Global hotkeys are enabled. When I click directly on the control buttons in Winamp, there's no problem.

But when I try to use the buttons on my Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard, I sometimes (but not always) have to hit the play/pause button twice to get it to pause and sometimes when I try to unpause, the first time I hit the play/pause button, I breifly starts to play, stops and I have to hit it a second time to get it to play.

Why might it be doing this and how can I fix it?

Also, I wanna report a graphics problem when looking at options/preferences/global hotkeys. This screenshot shows what I'm seeing, that is, that the right side is cut off

Cloudchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:40   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Info required

List Of Plugins required.

That's not Winamp 5.531
Well, it's definitely not the versions of Global Hotkeys (gen_hotkeys.dll) and Jump To File Extra (gen_jumpex.dll) included with Winamp 5.531 anyway.

For the MS keyboard issue, see here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=290015
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 10:54   #3
Cloudchaser

"List Of Plugins required."

Attaching the resulting my_extension_list.txt

"That's not Winamp 5.531 Well, it's definitely not the versions of Global Hotkeys (gen_hotkeys.dll) and Jump To File Extra (gen_jumpex.dll) included with Winamp 5.531 anyway"

Then Winamp must be leaving it out of both their "Full (recommended)" and "Bundle (limited time)" install files that are available at
http://www.winamp.com/player
I've tried running both with Winamp close and it still keeps loking like the screenshot. Is there someplace where I can find those two dll's and once found, exactly where in c:\Program Files\Winamp do I put them?

Referring to DL Egg's first reply, "Enabled" is checked, but I don't see a "Enable default multimedia key support", possibly because the right side is cut off as the screenshot shows. I did try unckecking "enabled" and restarted Winamp to see what would happen and found that I sometimes have to press the play/pause button several times to get a response and sometimes insteas of pausing or restartind play where it was paused, it goes back to the beginning.
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_extension_list.txt (1,008 Bytes, 224 views)
Old 24th April 2008, 11:54   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Please click the "List of plugins" link again above and follow the instructions.

my_plugin_list.txt should be attached, not my_extension_list.txt

You clicked 'Generate list of supported file extensions' instead of 'Generate list of installed plugins and supported file extensions'.

The version of gen_hotkeys included with 5.531 has an extra 'Enable default multimedia key support' option above 'Enabled', and the JTFE plugin (gen_jumpex) places 'Shell Options' and 'ML Options' submenu items along with the 'Missing Files' one underneath 'Jump To File'.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:57   #5
Cloudchaser

I'm too tired (I work a night job) to take a close look at what you suggest at the moment (thought I will later), but I wasnted to say that I have noticed that hitting the "next track" button on my keyboard is bad to cause Winamp to skip a track even though clicking on the related button in Winamp doesn't. For example, it Winamp's on track 78 and I hit the next track button, it'll skip 79 and go straight to 80 even though 79 is a playable track
Old 24th April 2008, 14:20   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

At a guess, you've probably installed 5.531 on top of an older version, but the "User Interface Extensions" section on the 'Choose Components' page of the Installer Options was unchecked, and therefore you've still got older versions of gen_hotkeys, gen_jumpex, and maybe also gen_tray and gen_ff (Modern Skin support)...

Simply providing the requested my_plugins_list.txt file would confirm all of this and more.
Old 25th April 2008, 11:24   #7
Cloudchaser

Ah, I see, I must have clicked "supported file extentions" instead of "installed plugins & supported file extentions". Anyway, I think I have the right one attached this time

"but the "User Interface Extensions" section on the 'Choose Components' page of the Installer Options was unchecked, and therefore you've still got older versions of gen_hotkeys, gen_jumpex, and maybe also gen_tray and gen_ff (Modern Skin support)"

If that's the case, should I run the install file again with "User Interface Extensions" checked?
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (5.0 KB, 248 views)
Old 25th April 2008, 12:24   #8
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudchaser
If that's the case, should I run the install file again with "User Interface Extensions" checked?
Yes :-)

Some of your Input plugins are older versions as well.

Here's your list of outdated plugins:
Quote:
<< Input plugins >>

Nullsoft CD Plug-in (MusicID 2.5) v3.5 [in_cdda.dll]
Nullsoft FLAC Decoder 2.03 [in_flac.dll]
Nullsoft Flash Video Decoder v1.0 [in_flv.dll]
Nullsoft MPEG-4 Audio Decoder v1.4 [in_mp4.dll]
Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v1.52 [in_vorbis.dll]
Nullsoft Waveform Decoder 3.11 [in_wave.dll]
Nullsoft Windows Media Decoder 3.28 [in_wm.dll]

<< General Purpose plugins >>

Jump To File Extra v0.97.11 (Build 109) [gen_jumpex.dll]
Nullsoft Global Hotkeys v1.31 [gen_hotkeys.dll]
Nullsoft Tray Control v2.0 [gen_tray.dll]
Here's our list of equivalent plugin versions included with 5.531
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=289116
Quote:
Input:
Nullsoft CD plug-in (MusicID 2.5) v3.6 [in_cdda.dll]
Nullsoft FLAC Decoder v2.05 [in_flac.dll]
Nullsoft Flash Video Decoder v1.01 [in_flv.dll]
Nullsoft MPEG-4 Audio Decoder v1.6 [in_mp4.dll]
Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v1.53 [in_vorbis.dll]
Nullsoft Waveform Decoder v3.16 [in_wave.dll]
Nullsoft Windows Media Decoder 3.29 [in_wm.dll]

General Purpose:
Jump To File Extra v0.99.2 (Build 430) [gen_jumpex.dll]
Nullsoft Global Hotkeys v1.6 [gen_hotkeys.dll]
Nullsoft Tray Control v2.1 [gen_tray.dll]
Old 25th April 2008, 13:02   #9
Cloudchaser

I just tried it again and found that not only is "User Interface Extensions" checked by default, it appears to be greyed out so it can't be unchecked (see screenshot) yet I still get the view seen in the screenshot in my OP

So since running the install file is apparently not working to update the plugins, what do I gotta do?

Old 25th April 2008, 13:21   #10
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Click on the little crosshair on the left of it to expand the "User Interface Extensions" section.

Make sure Jump to File, Global Hotkeys & Tray Control are also checkmarked.
Currently, you've probably only got Modern Skin Support checkmarked in there.

Repeat for Multimedia Engine.
Make sure all of CD, FLAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, WAV & WMA Playback Support are checkmarked (FLV optional, though you do have an older version of it already installed, so it's probably wise to update that as well).
Old 26th April 2008, 18:01   #11
Cloudchaser

"Click on the little crosshair on the left of it to expand the "User Interface Extensions" section. Make sure Jump to File, Global Hotkeys & Tray Control are also checkmarked. Currently, you've probably only got Modern Skin Support checkmarked in there."

Yep, that was the only thing checkmarked.

"Repeat for Multimedia Engine. Make sure all of CD, FLAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, WAV & WMA Playback Support are checkmarked (FLV optional, though you do have an older version of it already installed, so it's probably wise to update that as well)."

In the Multimedia Engine menu, I see that all the stuff you mention is under Audio Playback, I made sure all that was checked and I saw that Output is already checked

I also see (and left unchecked) Video Playback, Audio Encoders, CCDDB For Recognizing CD's, Sonic Ripping/Burning Support and Signal Processor Studio Plugin.

I already use Windows Media Player for video & burning music CD's, a program called Cdex for ripping and I have no idea what the other things do.

After finishing the install, I now see that the Ctrl+P/Global Hotkeys window looks like it's supposed to instead of the right side being cut off. I made sure that just "Enabled" is the only one checked, but on my keyboard, I still often have to hit the play/pause button twice to get it to play/pause, it still simetimes goes back to the beginning of a track when resuming and when I hit the next/previous track buttons, it still always skips a track
Old 26th April 2008, 19:56   #12
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Okay, we finally got there with the installer.
Yes, you did everything correct there... I think.
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

For the MS keyboard issue, see here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=290015
Old 26th April 2008, 21:12   #13
Cloudchaser

I do thank you for all the help you've been :-)
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support