Old 21st July 2003, 00:37   #1
sankt

Stream buffer stuck at 0%

Im trying to watch a nsv stream, and the winamp window just displays buffer 0% and never moves.

Any clue what the problem could be ?

Thanks in advance.
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2003, 04:35   #2
Sawg

Do you have enough bandwidth? Make sure you are on cable or better.
Old 25th July 2003, 19:00   #3
Matt Wilson

Gah!

I switched from cable to DSL and everyone trying to connect to my server is getting the same problem!

It's stuck at 0% buffer.

My server has ALWAYS worked before. I didn't change anything (although now I've been messing with port settings just to see if that helps, but it doesn't).

Mysterious.
Matt Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2003, 19:40   #4
Julien31

you must have a big connection ... dsl an cable can be use just for send data at server ... after you must have a big connection like 2mbps ( mini )
Julien31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2003, 19:55   #5
Matt Wilson

Uh, that's not the issue here. I'm perfectly capable of sending 80kbps video to people. DSL actually has a higher upstream than cable in this area, so it should be even less of a problem.

I don't know if Verizon DSL is blocking Shoutcast or what, because even if I try streaming audio, I can't connect to my IP from a computer not on the network. With audio it's stuck on ICY 200 OK, with video it's stuck on Buffer: 0%. Either way, it's not getting past either.

Trying to load my IP and port in the web browser (to see the little Shoutcast 'webpage' for my server), does not work either.

My MySQL server DOES work, but not this.
Old 30th July 2003, 18:57   #6
Blup

help same error

I get the same error!

I have encoded 2 nsv files and have placed them in the content directory on my SC server. However, when I try to play the files using http://pcnameort/;file.nsv winamp sticks at buffer 0% and the error i see on my SC server is MPEG OVERRIDE. I am trying this over a LAN connection so bandwidth is not the problem. The SC server works just fine for the live mp3 audio stream it serves.

please help
Blup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2003, 19:00   #7
Jay
Moderator Alumni

Re: help same error

Quote:
Originally posted by Blup
I get the same error!

I have encoded 2 nsv files and have placed them in the content directory on my SC server. However, when I try to play the files using http://pcnameort/;file.nsv winamp sticks at buffer 0% and the error i see on my SC server is MPEG OVERRIDE. I am trying this over a LAN connection so bandwidth is not the problem. The SC server works just fine for the live mp3 audio stream it serves.

please help
the content directory is not for sourcing the server, you need nsvscsrc or NSVcap to source the server.

On-Demand also does not work with NSV.

Quote:
Originally posted by sankt
Im trying to watch a nsv stream, and the winamp window just displays buffer 0% and never moves.

Any clue what the problem could be ?

Thanks in advance.
It could be that you are behind some sort of cache or proxy which is not designed to work with streaming files? Are you able to watch or listen to other streams from other players like windows media or real audio?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2003, 03:07   #8
Blup

whoo-hoo!

cheers!

i figured out how to use nsvscsrc and i'm up and running

thanx,
Blup
Blup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2003, 01:29   #9
Epsilon_Ori

Send a message via AIM to Epsilon_Ori
Stupid "Buffer: 0%" thing

Something has happened over the past week or so. I was able to watch all of the nsv channels w/o a problem. Nice and fast, clean connections, the works. Now however, most of them stay stuck saying "[Buffer: 0%]". Mind you, this shouldn't be a firewall issue, since I can stream shoutcast, realaudio, and even some of the nsv channels, but the majority of them have mysteriously stopped working. Any info on possible causes?

EO

(I want my Radiohead videos back, and now there's a RedDwarf channel !?! Somebody send me a fix, please)
Epsilon_Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2003, 22:50   #10
Matt Wilson

The thing is, it may simply be temporary glitches in the NSV format.

I found out that people are now able to connect to my Shoutcast NSV server. I have done NOTHING, repeat, NOTHING to attempt to fix the "Buffer: 0%" problem, as I was away from home for the past week, and came home to find it suddenly working.

As far as I know, the "Buffer: 0%" problem has no method or reason to happening, and has nothing to do with firewall.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video