Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 10th August 2011, 21:20   #1
rimoun

Need help Configuring new SHOUTcast DNAS 2.0 multi streaming

Hi
Just setup the new SHOUTcast DNAS 2.0 and need to setup multiply streams which will be broadcasted from various locations to various websites using many ports... I used to create many sc_serv.conf files to do that but as I noticed I can do that now in one file... could somebody give me an example sc_serv file with multi streams to follow?

Another question.. what is the best way to make shoutcast start automatically when server reboots (on linux server)

Thank you in advance
Rimoun
rimoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 11:40   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimoun View Post
need to setup multiply streams which will be broadcasted from various locations to various websites using many ports
the v2 DNAS only runs on a single port but instead will handle the stream requests as needed. if you explicitly want to use different ports then you will need to run a separate instance of the v2 DNAS per port wanted i.e. how it has been before with the v1 DNAS.

if you're doing multiple streams then you just need to add more stream configuration groups (http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas..._Configuration) to your config file by incrementing the _X on the end of the option names i.e. streampath_1, streampath_2, etc.

you can also use the include option (http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...#Miscellaneous) to specify a wildcard search on other files to be included, allowing you to have a main file (like with the config examples) and then have a specific file just for stream specifics. you can also use the 'reload' command on the master admin summary page to get new configs added / removed / updated if you make changes.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 20:16   #3
digiSal

Is there way to have the server broadcast to a lower bit rate for mobile devices only or do I have to setup
Seperate streams for mobile?
digiSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 09:46   #4
DrO

you'd need to use the Transcoder or any other solution which is able to create streams of the same audio at different bitrates. though if you're using the v2 DNAS then you're a bit limited on the sources able to connect to the DNAS at the same time (only Transcoder, Source DSP and software from Spatial is able to currently do it that i know off).

-daz
Old 16th August 2011, 04:37   #5
digiSal

I am currently using Internet DJ Console with v2 and its working great. It does have the option for multiple streams, im just trying to wrap my head around how to do it.

And once I get both streams going.If I want to make the 128 kbps stream private, can i still embed that on a website? because when people search for my station on their phones i'd want them to find the 96kbps. make sense?

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Split it if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you'd need to use the Transcoder or any other solution which is able to create streams of the same audio at different bitrates. though if you're using the v2 DNAS then you're a bit limited on the sources able to connect to the DNAS at the same time (only Transcoder, Source DSP and software from Spatial is able to currently do it that i know off).

-daz
Old 16th August 2011, 04:40   #6
digiSal

nevermind about the port question I posted. you answered that already. sorry.
Old 16th August 2011, 10:42   #7
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSal View Post
And once I get both streams going.If I want to make the 128 kbps stream private, can i still embed that on a website? because when people search for my station on their phones i'd want them to find the 96kbps. make sense?
if the source for the 128kps stream is set to private then the Transcoder and DNAS should honour that value. so you can then provide the two streams and embed /list /do whatever really with them as needed.

-daz
Old 24th August 2011, 05:56   #8
digiSal

Sorry to bring up an older post, but I finaly got around to doing this. Not sure if i did it right. I am using v2.0.0.29 and am using Internet DJ Console. Linux VPS

I want two streams. One 128 and the other 64. Both public.

Internet DJ Console does not suppor multistreams on the same port. So I am running two sc_serv with two conf files. One for 128 and 64. Seperate ports.

I was able to get a streamauth for both. Should I have done the streamid_1=1 and streamid_2=2 even though they are on seperate files? Because although the log says it should be listed in the Directory, both of them are not and am seeing the following errors on both:
Quote:
2011-08-23 23:40:48 E msg:[SRC 208.64.252.230:35397] Remote socket closed while waiting for data
2011-08-23 23:44:31 I msg:[ADMINCGI] Title update [The Tackett Family - He Came Looking For Me]
2011-08-23 23:45:04 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-08-23 23:48:53 I msg:[ADMINCGI] Title update [New Manna Youth Choir - My Jesus Paid The Debt]
2011-08-23 23:48:53 E msg:[DST 24.167.35.156:63796] Timeout waiting to send data (1314161333 1314161268[65] )
2011-08-23 23:49:25 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
Or did I go about this all wrong?

thanks!
Old 24th August 2011, 13:53   #9
DrO

Quote:
Should I have done the streamid_1=1 and streamid_2=2 even though they are on seperate files?
what you've done is fine if you're using two separate versions.

Quote:
the log says it should be listed in the Directory, both of them are not
there's issues with the site (noted in the forum announcement) which is prevent new listings from appearing. as long as the YP cnonection is valid and working then that is fine.

with the errors, the first is a source which either didn't connect properly or was closed. i don't recognise the ip address. the second is sort of normal for when a client has gone away though there should be some log messages after that saying the client disconnected (unless disabled in the config options).

as long as the DNAS is showing valid YP connections and you're able to connect to the stream then all should be ok (as can be with the site listings not working).

-daz
Old 16th February 2012, 23:56   #10
A1A-IRadio

Totally Confused

I was/am under the impression that I could stream multiple stations on one (1) server instance. I currently have 20 streams(different genres) which I have to run 20 different instances of WinAmp/Shoutcast server. Is this possible or should I stop while I am ahead/

Thanks
A1A IRadio Network
A1A-IRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 11:42   #11
DrO

if using a v2 DNAS and streams sources which are able to work using the v2 protocol then yes what you've said is correct in that it can all be run through a single DNAS server (as long as you've got the resources, etc for doing it). you'd still need to run up to 20 stream sources (or however many you have setup to do things at the moment) as that is always going to be like that.

-daz
Old 17th February 2012, 14:03   #12
A1A-IRadio

Totally Confused

Thanks, Question? what are endpoints? is this where I link streams or will dnas automatically detect
Old 17th February 2012, 14:22   #13
DrO

endpoints are basically what the clients use to access the stream which can be either what is specified via the streampath config option or will be / or /stream/x/ (where x is the stream number) depending on what you've set or the build of the DNAS in use.

so as long as the client connects on the desired endpoint path then it'll get the stream it wants.

with a v1 DNAS this wasn't something to worry about since there was no way to get multiple streams from the same DNAS instance. and with the v2 DNAS, if nothing is properly specified then it will usually serve up stream #1 or the first active stream which can be provided.

-daz
Old 17th February 2012, 18:15   #14
A1A-IRadio

thx
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
multi streaming, shoutcast dnas 2.0