Old 2nd January 2002, 18:42   #1
jesuscryst

CDDB Library function???

Hey, is there a plug-in or any way to sort through the cdplayer.ini or in_cdda.cdb files to see all the CD's that were captured there? Most of the CD's in those files are the ones I have and thought it would be handy to have that as a music library type of function. I know there is going to be some type of library funtion in v3, but I'm not sure it will address those albums in the CDDB files. I guess I'm really looking for some type of library plug-in for my CD collection as well as my MP3's. Sort of a master music library. Any ideas?

Last edited by jesuscryst; 2nd January 2002 at 19:29.
jesuscryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2002, 20:15   #2
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
i really have no idea, but you could try notepad. just a guess.
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2002, 03:51   #3
Bop
Forum King

i'm not sure if there is a speceific program that can be used personally but the cddb catalog is available through www.gracenote.com - there you can look up each cd and have the songs listed and then just copy and paste into a database (which could be searchable how you choose)

- they do license their service if you were to develop a program that needed it the information... there has to be a program that retreives song information and then cataolgs it for you... i'll keep looking

ßoþL¡©¡†¥
Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2002, 15:14   #4
Peter Taylor

CDDB Library Function

I am not sure what you want to do with the Lists mentioned. Do you want to create a database of songs in say, Access.

If so, I open them up in Word and format the list with tabs. I then import them into Access (the tabs form your seperate columns)You can then sort and filter as much as you like.

Peter
Peter Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2002, 17:58   #5
LeadFoot

If you just want to browse the cdplayer.ini, try:
http://superiemand.com/cdplayerini/

It does a sorted tree list.

If you want a complete music library, try:

http://www.wensoftware.com/MusicLibrary/

It does almost everything: CD catalog with cover art, MP3 catalog with one of the best Tag & Rename utilities I've found. And for $20, it is less than some retaggers I've seen.
LeadFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions