Hate it 178 64.26%
Its about the same to me 42 15.16%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 3rd March 2006, 16:51   #241
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Send a message via AIM to Tag
This is the new View for shoutcast, if you dont like it, you don't have to use it, but the old view is not coming back (ever). And if you decide to run 5.13, the old shoutcast listings are being end-of-lifed when 5.21 launches. I have done my best to make everyone happy, and yes any station you tuned in to before is still available. Infact, now there's 12000 more stations for you to tune in to. If you don't like the UI, well I welcome ANYONE to peek at the source and come up with something better, honestly! We may just use yours instead!

Heck, if someone wants to make a Flash UI , we'll add it to the config options!

Online Services is an Optional Plugin in ML, if you don't like it, DON'T INSTALL IT. It's that simple.

If you cant find your shoutcast stations, visit www.shoutcast.com, the UI there hasn't been touched since 1999, so i'm sure you'll find it useful.

Powered by Redbull and Progressive House
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:12   #242
George Worley

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@jwwindy
Winamp taking 30 seconds to load has got nothing to do with the Shoutcast Browser or Online Media/Services, so I'm not sure why you're even posting in this thread.
More than likely, it's either an incompatible 3rd-party plugin or skin to blame, or possibly an issue caused by the new Portable Media Player support modules, in particular pmp_p4s.dll (support for Microsoft PlaysForSure Devices).

All buggy older versions of Winamp can be found here
As far as I am concerned, IMHO, 5.2 has been the buggiest version ever that I have used.

1) Wiped out about 1000 playlists, only been able to recover about 10 of my playlists;
2) Wiped out install code for pro version;
-- the above 2 things happened when I told it to use
separate settings for different users
3) Hangs when it is trying to play video, primarily streaming video well I should say always from AOL Video, ShoutCast TV, and WinAmp Video but will hang on play local video.
4) Now even the older version takes about 50 seconds to load the older version even after deleting "\program files\winamp", "\documents and settings\%user name%\application data\winamp" and all entries in the registry that I could find. I don't use 3rd party skins or plugins.

I tried to even lower my security settings in IE to see if this was the problem to no avail video's hang even to the point that the only option is to hit the reset button so older versions buggy? I beg to differ with you.

George
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:13   #243
est79

@DJ SmartyPants

You are correct, I didn't read it because I was upset at the new product being slow and buggy and just wanted to find out if others were experiencing similar problems. However, you had a post that said "5.2 shoutcast browser poll". So thanks for giving me a place to vent I guess. Don't be upset when people use an opinion poll for just that, however unfounded it may be. I guess since my gripe about the length of the names is already taken care of, score one for you! I lose at forumcraft! =x_X=

However, it seems other people are getting the same slowness and script errors I am:

Quote:
Originally posted by hate5.2

Error msg:
"A runtime error has occu... do you wish debug?
line: 367
error: oject expected"
-->and winamp crashed.
My IE settings are all default. (yes, DJ SmartyPants, I just checked. :P ) Are you saying that Winamp requires special IE settings?

Also, from reading posts, other people are having slowness issues. YOU probably can't duplicate it, but it is happening to people apparently. Is there information that we can gather for you so your devs can look into fixing the issue, or at least informing people of a potential cause so they can disable whatever is causing the problem?

Try not to take these posts so personally. You seem to be getting upset the more you read em. You should be happy. People know that winamp is the best product on the market of its kind and they tend to get pissy when they think devs or companies start modifying stuff and adding in a dash of "no worky" just to kick it up a notch. There have been a few good programs that large companies have bought that were run into the ground. After reading some more posts, it seems like you still care about your product and what your users/customers think, so I look forward to good things with winamp.
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:23   #244
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Winamp.com itself is experiencing some load problems. we are actively working on resolving it.

Powered by Redbull and Progressive House
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:24   #245
George Worley

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
This is the new View for shoutcast, if you dont like it, you don't have to use it, but the old view is not coming back (ever). And if you decide to run 5.13, the old shoutcast listings are being end-of-lifed when 5.21 launches.
If this happens, even though I purchased the PRO version when it first became available I want my money back. There wasn't anything wrong with the old way of doing it. It much simpler to use and more intuitive for the end user.

This version wiped out almost 1000 playlists when I switch from "one user version" to "multi-profile" verson. The install program should have copied the playlists to the current profile not delete them.

Quote:
I have done my best to make everyone happy, and yes any station you tuned in to before is still available. Infact, now there's 12000 more stations for you to tune in to. If you don't like the UI, well I welcome ANYONE to peek at the source and come up with something better, honestly! We may just use yours instead!

Heck, if someone wants to make a Flash UI , we'll add it to the config options!

Online Services is an Optional Plugin in ML, if you don't like it, DON'T INSTALL IT. It's that simple.

If you cant find your shoutcast stations, visit www.shoutcast.com, the UI there hasn't been touched since 1999, so i'm sure you'll find it useful.
I don't like the fact that I cannot do streaming video without the system hanging on 3 different systems from the Online Services Menu.

Why should we use a different browser when it find the way it was built in to begin with.

George
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:30   #246
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

It didnt WIPE our your playlists, it simply didnt copy them over.. Simply copy c:\program files\winamp\ml\* to your \~user\winamp\ml directory.

When Toyota releases the 2006 model of a Tundra. Do you go back with your 2002 Prerunner and demand your money back?