Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 23rd February 2015, 16:47   #1
davor.geci

Winpis Broadcasting (adds a lot of new features to your Winamp)

Hello all Winamp lovers!! I'm a big, big, BIGGG lover of Winamp.

I've created a new web page (www.winpis.com) for software which use some of the local radio stations here in Croatia.
The name of the software is WinPIS Broadcasting (for now), radio automation software that works with Winamp (and it will only work with Winamp!!!).

HOMEPAGE | DOWNLOAD | CHANGELOG

((It contains everything that an average radio station needs))

Some Features

- Jingle players (in another player (and/or) in another sound card)
- Sweepers
- pre-play (PFL) in another player for pre-listen
- speak in counter and play from speak in
- play from vocals
- own playlist editor with onair time, icons for songs, commercials, jingles, prerecorded shows,...
- interpolation of pre-prepared blocks of commercials (with leading, separating and ending jingles), playlists and other music files
- standard Drag&Drop from-to playlist-folder, media library
- works in a network environment with own central database ()
- It tracks played items (archive)
- has its own playlist generator (from of prepared blocks of playlists)
- generating various reports and much, much more

Currently I am recording the videos to explain in detail how it works (some videos are done (but with old name of the software (AssBroadcast)), but I still need to cover how the Media Library works, network environment, advanced interpolation, ....).
If you have time please try it and say what you think.
P.S.
Here are some new and some old (2012) screenshots in att

[Edit > Koopa] Thread title changed as requested by the author
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onair_1_2014.png
Views:	347
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	51721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interpolation_1_2014_orig.png
Views:	345
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	51722   Click image for larger version

Name:	ml pfl stat.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	51723   Click image for larger version

Name:	ml3.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	51724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generating_lists_1_2014_orig.png
Views:	269
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	51725  

Last edited by davor.geci; 23rd February 2015 at 18:58.
davor.geci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 18:58   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
I am super busy, but I plan to try this out asap.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:21   #3
davor.geci

WinPIS Broadcasting 5.12.0.850 is available.
http://www.winpis.com
Raise your Winamp to a higher level!
I've added a monthly calendar to add advertising only by clicking !!!
Added a lot of new reports.
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:47   #4
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

A piece of radio software that requires winamp as a backend.... Hmmmm now where have I seen that before?

Oh yes SAM Broadcaster v1.3 and that was back in 1999!!

Don't think I'll be paying $59 anytime soon.
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:07   #5
davor.geci

Hello garybaldy72uk,
thnx for your message.

This is not a radio automation software. This is a software that is communicating with winamp.
There are many commercial and free programs that are so called radio automation software. They use their own players or windows media player component or some other components.

WinPIS is different. It communicates with Winamp.
SAM & WinPIS. Back in 1999. there were Audi & Peugeot and what, today is 2015 and Peugeot and Audi they are still here.
59$ - > When you call a plumber to do some work. When he finishes, do you only shake his hand and let him know what a great job he had done?
Or at the bakery when buying bread?
Hehe
I respect my job (programming), and I think the symbolic $ 59 is not a lot for my hard work, knowledge, and later on help with problems that a user might encounter.
As reported at on your page that I want to get rich on this software, hehe, you're certainly not an entrepreneur. This is my love and hobby. Your answer lies in the question why are there so many of free software for radio automation.

Oh, my children want's to know whitch country is that were the main currencys are shaking hands and hugging. To get something valuable for nothing.
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:54   #6
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King

If you're relying on the Income from a piece of software to feed your kids.

Then maybe just maybe it's time for you to get another job....**Just saying**
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:39   #7
DrO

it's more than reasonable to expect some sort of re-numeration for all of effort put into any sort of software development irrespective of how it works or what it does. be that from having to pay up front or from donations (which is just a reason for most people not to bother) or external contract work and so on.

so seeing comments deriding a developer wanting to get something back for the time and effort is sad and just sums up the "want" society that we now exist in. as everyone wants everything for free yet forget about the amount of time and effort that it takes for any developer to work on a project (irrespective of personal views on specific pieces of software).

and it doesn't matter if something is free or paid for (in whatever way) as long as it does the job for that persons needs. right tool for the right job and all that.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:43   #8
davor.geci

To garybaldy72uk:

Yes, the software industry is dead!

Programmers do not have money to buy bread. :-)

WinPIS Broadcasting is my hobby and love. If I invest my knowledge and effort into something, I do not want to give it for free. Because nothing in the world is free. There's always a catch. What is the purpose of it.
On the page of your software is nicely written: "The copyright holder reserves the right to reclassify this software as a non-freeware product at a later date."
Each company has its own tactics. My certainly is not, first lure people and then take their last penny out of his pocket. Because they already have everything arranged and done on that platform.
This is not a software that is used one time and you can easily change it when you do not want it any more. Or when something goes wrong, and you do not have support. It is free software.
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:52   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

How does it actually broadcast? Is a separate server needed or is everything built-in? How many listeners are supported?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2015, 19:27   #10
davor.geci

Hello Aminifu.
Thnx for your question.

WinPIS is in fact the extension for Winamp (it extends Winamp with additions necessary for radio stations, clubs, shopping malls, ..).

I was so in love with Winamp.
It is not a problem to make automation software for radio stations, but it is a challenge extending Winamp on the degree to become softwer automation of radio stations, and to retain all of its functionality.
All other players will eventually freeze or block.

So I was building automation system around Winamp

It hooks on Winamp playlist.

WinPIS has its own database for songs, jingles, commercials, recorded shows, jingovers, .. and its advanced media library.
(And can be used in a network environment. One database, many clients computers)
Playlist is actually Winamps playlist and WinPIS takes items from the Winamp playlist, expanding them with information such as, the time of broadcast, type of tracks (songs, commercials, jingles, ...), intro time, speak in time,...

In this WinPIS playlist (which is in fact a copy of Winamp playlists ) the ability has been added, so you can copy the tracks from a playlist using the standard drag and drop into another program or explorer (copy to another folder from the playlist), and a lot more. When you put tracks (or the system automatically based on interpolation (blocks) before defined) (songs, commercials, jingles, sweepers) WinPIS playlist actually sends these records to Winamp playlist.
WinPIS is the logistics serving Winamp and monitors his work.
There is also a independent player for listen to tracks on a second soundcard and to add the intro, speak-in markers to the mp3 tracks. These values are stored in the ID3Tag so those are "traveling" with the record (song).
You can prepare blocks to be inserted (interpolation) to winamp playlist at the specific date and time.
Blocks can be playlists, tracks (jingles, songs, recorded shows,...) and also blocks of commercials (the winpis can add start, middle and end jingles to this blocks of commercials).

Also you can get many reports from winpis (archive, playlist reports, evidence of broadcasting...)

There is also a generator for generating tracks based on prior defined playlists (e.g. 80-s 2 songs, jingle, 90-s 3 songs, jingle, 2 hits,.......).

Aminifu,
the things you ask are done by the winamp itself. Winpis only extends Winamp with many functionality. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to extensively describe this relationship between Winamp and WinPIS.
Old 22nd July 2015, 22:04   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, I think I understand now. WinPIS is like an independent skin (user interface) for Winamp, specially designed for broadcasting. SHOUTcast (or an equivalent) is still needed to put a show on the internet.

Thank you for your efforts.

"It is not a problem to make automation software for radio stations, but it is a challenge extending Winamp on the degree to become softwer automation of radio stations, and to retain all of its functionality.
All other players will eventually freeze or block."

If WinPIS does what you say, it is probably worth the money. Once I learn how to use SHOUTcast (since that is currently the best way to further Winamp's development), I will be giving WinPIS a try.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
automation software, radio automation, winpis broadcasting