Old 21st November 2003, 20:21   #81
WHEREamI
Major Dude

and #3

wow... posting screen shots is annoying.
They better help!! hehe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plex_0w_03.jpg (95.3 KB, 727 views)
Old 21st November 2003, 20:21   #82
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yea I have that too, but my editor is completely white, no horisontal line from what I saw..

btw, you should get pngcrush, it will literally crush the size of the png's without any loss of quality whatsoever..

-Plague
Old 21st November 2003, 20:22   #83
WHEREamI
Major Dude

ooh! thanks plague... i'll Google it.
Old 21st November 2003, 20:27   #84
D&B
Banned

Any chance Nullsoft can be sweet talked into sharing some inside code from the original PL with this guy?

Again, Im at work and cant play with this yet, but will give it a try when I get home.
Old 21st November 2003, 20:34   #85
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by WHEREamI
ooh! thanks plague... i'll Google it.
put this line in a .bat file and use that when you crush the png's, it will optimize them..

pngcrush -brute -reduce -already 8192 -force -d crushed *.png

"crushed" is the folder where the crushed files will be located..

-Plague
Old 21st November 2003, 22:20   #86
WHEREamI
Major Dude

hehe.. actually, i already did that, except with

pngcrush.exe -e .crushed.png %1

i think i'll add some of those other arguments. definitely -brute and -reduce. not sure why you'd use -force though. and -force overides -already, which i don't know why you'd use either.

i went a step further though and added a file menu option to run the batch. It's nice... right click, click "crush," it runs, and viola! only prob, pngcrush doesn't like long filenames with quotes or spaces.

but that's extremely off topic! Sorry DrO!

~WHEREamI
Old 21st November 2003, 22:34   #87
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I got that line from some skinner a couple years ago or so, it works nicely..

-Plague
Old 22nd November 2003, 02:17   #88
Wetzel

Send a message via AIM to Wetzel Send a message via Yahoo to Wetzel
DrO, for me, the playlist seems to be working generally fine in all winamp classic skins, the new winamp modern skin, MMD3, the winamp3 default skin, and most other modern skins, although some seem to have issues where I can't resize the playlist window (the featured nokia skin is a good example)

I am getting a few odd things though. Mainly, the preferences buttons for the display of the playlist don't seem to function properly, here's what they do for me:

Display the playlist using the current Windows style:
Unchecked (with Use playlist style unchecked), the window takes on the look of whatever skin I'm using, the text matches the color of that skin (be it modern or classic, as long as the classic skin is for 2.9x ie. library support)

Checked the window continues to use whatever skin i'm using, but the text now appears black on white (I assume this is how the button is supposed to function). The sidecar text remains matched to the current skin.

Use playlist style from the current skin (pledit.txt):
Unchecked The text in the playlist matches the current skin (same state as unchecked above)

Checked The text changes color, seemingly rather unpredictably, to odd difficult to read tones, most of the time. it doesn't seem to be skin-dependent, although on some modern skins make the box becomes completely solid black.

note that none of these settings whatsoever affect the sidecar, which just seems to continue to match any skin that is current.

if you would like screenshots of any of this, just ask.

Lastly, while the Extended Playlist Editor is active, neither pressing J nor pressing F3 opens the jump to file dialog, i have to make the main window active for that

but overall, it's looking very promising! thank you, DrO!

Last edited by Wetzel; 22nd November 2003 at 03:09.
Old 22nd November 2003, 03:55   #89
trebucket

With winamp 5 rc8 on windows XP

I have my media library set up such that when i double click on an album the whole album is enqueued. the extended playlist doesn't update the playlist entry's to match what's being played. so, when i open a new album, the new album starts playing, but extended PL still shows the old playlist. I can change tracks on the new album by double clicking on them in the extended PL, but all the titles are still as the old playlist.
Old 22nd November 2003, 03:55   #90
Dipso

extended playlist seems to break the vu also... donno for sure, but the vu stopped working with the EP installed, uninstalling seemed to fix it.. might be something else as i was having problems with my drivers when this happened...

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Old 22nd November 2003, 14:19   #91
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Dipso
extended playlist seems to break the vu also... donno for sure, but the vu stopped working with the EP installed, uninstalling seemed to fix it.. might be something else as i was having problems with my drivers when this happened...
it's an issue with the code for the time part (basically i'm hacking around using the existing plugins - will fix it before v0.1 (it is only a preview)

@Wetzel: the keys part is not mapped yet (only alt+p at the moment is). all the others will eventually come once i've set up the code to pass on all relevant keypresses to the main window.

"Use playlist style from the current skin (pledit.txt)" that's still being worked on (some skins seem to act a bit funny with it and i'm trying to work it out...)

i'm not sure about the nokia skin (could be that the frames are fixed by the skin?!?) - will check it out, thanks

@WHEREamI: thanks for the pics, will check them through a bit more later on (sounds like a few of the issues i was having with the displaying - need to sort through the code and un-hackify it )

"but that's extremely off topic!" - i'm not worried by it

@badrad: that would take the fun out if all

@trebucket: i've not put in handling to update the playlist when others are loaded yet or on changes to the main (still working on that).

@Plague: what happens if you resize the window? (from testing that would show something normally as well as altering the show state of the sidecar)

well at least the frame is creating now which was a problem beforehand. also could someone confirm that skin switching is working correctly (seemed to be fine on my machine)

thanks for the info people
-daz
Old 22nd November 2003, 17:49   #92
Wetzel

Skin switching seems to work fine for me for all classic skins,
for modern skins it's a little funny, it seems after switching through a number of skins with the window open, it works fine, the window stays open and adjusts to each skin change. But here's the weirdness: after doing all these switches, if i go back to classic skin, and use the right click menu on the main window to turn off the extended playlist editor, my EQ opens, and the extended playlist editor stays open. If I then go to modern skin, and then click extended playlist editor, the window closes and the option from the right click menu for extended playlist editor dissapears.

for the record, i tested a little more, and found this even happens i just switch from classic (which winamp was at when it opened) to MMD3, then back to classic.

also, I realized i forgot to post my specs last post:
2.4 ghz P4 (it's a dell dimension 4550)
windows XP Pro SP1
geforce 3 ti200 graphics (latest drivers)
directx 9.0b
512 ddr 2700 ram
creative sound blaster audigy card (running kX drivers)

but anyway, DrO, i'm still very impressed. Keep up the good work!
Old 22nd November 2003, 17:54   #93
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

DrO:
heh, I figured out now what it is..
In Classic skins, everything's fine, but in modern skins, the text is really really really small.

check the ss and see for yourself.

-Plague
Attached Images
File Type: png ep1.png (12.2 KB, 568 views)
Old 22nd November 2003, 17:59   #94
DrO

i'm taking that as a confirm on switching working which is good (better than the previous version which didn't handle it at all / flickered on/off forever) so at least that's gone.

i'm aware of the menu thing acting up a bit (hence the two items at times - still tracking it down) but not to the extent you have but there is only so much i can test for at times wouldn't be surprised if it's related. thanks for the detail on that - should make it easier to track down i hope.

Quote:
but anyway, DrO, i'm still very impressed. Keep up the good work!
cheers, not bad for two weeks work i think

@Plague: (just seen your post) cheers for that - did you check it out using ctrl++ to increase the text size?

-daz
Old 22nd November 2003, 18:09   #95
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yea, doesn't work, something happens but the text doesn't get bigger..

btw, now it acted like this in classic skins aswell..

-Plague
Old 23rd November 2003, 01:55   #96
Wetzel

One more bug found:
I'm not sure if this happened as soon as i installed the plugin, or not for a little while, but I noticed it today. With the plug installed (even if it's disabled in the options) the kbps and khz displays in the winamp window read 0 no matter what file is played.
this happened with both beta 2, and now rc 8 (which i just installed). The displays went back to normal when I uninstalled the plugin.
Old 23rd November 2003, 03:02   #97
D&B
Banned

Its coming along good.

I can't wait for more from this, this plugin has so much potential its exciting. And from looking at your other plugins, it looks likes you could be the one to pull it off Dr. O.
Old 23rd November 2003, 11:59   #98
DrO

@Plague: i forgot to say that the window needs to be resized or the bar moved to get it to update (not sure why it won't properly work at the moment).

@Wetzel: that's related to the problem Dipso said about (got an idea on how to work around the problem )

@badrad: cheers for that it'll be a while before the next version comes out (i want to get these issues and more done) and jtfe is to take priority for the time being.

-daz
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:31   #99
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

well, that's all and well, but it only works in classic mode, not in modern..
When using the modern skin, it doesn't matter what I do, the text stays that small all the time..

-Plague
Old 23rd November 2003, 13:36   #100
DrO

cheers for the info, i'll look into it a bit more (that part of the code still needs a lot more love )

roll on the next version (should have the skinning / display bugs sorted out by then).

considering it's still very early on (and the font part was only added in just before i uploaded that version) it's not looking too bad i think so far

-daz
Old 23rd November 2003, 14:20   #101
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

No, It's looking really great, especially considering it's not even at 0.1 yet

Keep up the good work.

-Plague
Old 23rd November 2003, 14:28   #102
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Plague
No, It's looking really great, especially considering it's not even at 0.1 yet
v0.1 should be working correctly as a single playlist version (that's how i'm aiming things at the moment) with the basic part of the sidecar sorted out ie the selected items displayed in that area.

in a rather twisted way i'm really enjoying the way that this is all developing at the moment

-daz
Old 23rd November 2003, 18:23   #103
Asgarth

Send a message via Yahoo to Asgarth
Hello, i've just heart about this post and this plugin.

I wanted to tell you that i've tried to make a similar plugin, i've made one actually - but it's simpler than this one.

I uses a new window as a new playlist where you queue your songs that should play next. One difference is that it won't play the next song in the queue unless the current song finishes on it's own (i.e. if you press next it will let winamp select the next song and override the queue) - it was intended this way though .

Now i've lost the source code (thanks to borland c builder) so i can't add new things to it.

There's a big drawback to my plugin, that it has to be updated with [almost] every new version. (i've hacked the memory addresses where winamp keeps it's currently selected songs).

maybe you'll give it a try, but i don't see a bright future for my program

It's called 'playlist improver' or you could search for 'loki' or 'eblis' in the plugins section.
Old 24th November 2003, 08:51   #104
DrO

@Asgarth: i think i remember seeing something about that a while back when i was looking for a few playlist related things. was one way i was thinking of implementing it but as you said it often needs to be rebuilt for each new version.

"borland c builder" - i haven't used that one for a while

i'll have a check out of it though i'm currently aiming for a local copy of the playlist(s) and to then make the original playlist contain the currently active playlist that my plugin has (so multiple playlists will involve a switching of the playlists - seems the best way to implement based on winamp's single playlist method).

-daz
Old 24th November 2003, 16:17   #105
Asgarth

Send a message via Yahoo to Asgarth
That was my first attempt - the one that had to be recompiled every time a new version was released.

Since then i made a new one, that has an external file version_info.ini, where it keeps the information about the versions, so one only needs to modify that file in case of a new version.
Old 24th November 2003, 19:22   #106
WHEREamI
Major Dude

Hey DrO
Figured out what seems to be the problem with the playlist. figured it out when switching to a classic skin to see what it looked like there. Anyway, it appears that resizing the text only resizes the text and not the row heights. and oddly it changes the collumn widths; if you press ctrl+'+' enough, you'll get a horizontal scroll bar.

see the screen shot. notice how the bottom of the text is cut off. (somehow the row heights got a little bigger when switching from modern->classic->modern.)

edit: switch back and forth a few more times and increase the font size, and the playlist actually becomes (gasp!) usable! and it stays that way after closing and opening WA or just the PLex window.

~WHEREamI
Attached Images
File Type: png plex_0w_alittlebetter.png (55.1 KB, 504 views)
Old 25th November 2003, 08:30   #107
DrO

@WHEREamI: that's part of the problem with the code at the moment - can't seem to get it to correctly increase the height without a redraw of the area

also i think the code isn't initialising the height correctly in all cases hence why it didn't appear on all systems.

thanks for the extra info on reproducing it, much appreciated

that all should be fixed soon (at least two weeks since jtfe is cracking along quite well at the moment with a few extra goodies added just last night) but PLex will get some more love soon

-daz
Old 25th November 2003, 23:23   #108
maximumw

the extended playlist cann be downloaded
Old 26th November 2003, 00:14   #109
amano
Major Dude

maximumw,
please stop trolling these forums, I just saw your "posts" in the Winamp3 threads. We don't like these kind of output.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
Old 26th November 2003, 17:20   #110
nifti

Just wanted DrO to know that Extended playlist doesn't work together with winampbar plugin. When I press the show platlist button with Extended playlist activated the playlist window goes basurk, it starts to flash..

When I uninstalled extended playslit everything went back to normal.. This was with preview 2..
Old 26th November 2003, 17:30   #111
DrO

which version of winampbar are you using and your OS?

i think i might know what the problem is (i'm probably not fully handling the takeover of the original playlist window).

thanks for pointing out the issue

-daz
Old 29th November 2003, 17:35   #112
Andrea6187

Send a message via ICQ to Andrea6187 Send a message via AIM to Andrea6187
When the next version(or preview)?
Old 30th November 2003, 21:56   #113
D&B
Banned

So, how are you gonna handle the multiple playlists themselves (saving them, etc?). Are you gonna tie it into the ML, and its multiple playlist functions? Or will it be completely independent?
Old 1st December 2003, 12:24   #114
DrO

@Andrea6187: in a few weeks since i'm putting jtfe on high priority and i want to get the internals of this plugin all nicely working

@badrad: i'm aiming for the completely independent option (not even sure if it's possible to manipulate the media library from a general plugin

-daz
Old 1st December 2003, 16:16   #115
ALW

DrO, ive just downloaded your new jump to file extra plugin, v0.92a, and i seem to be having problems with it when i try to actually enqueue files. The enqueued files are being displayed within the preferences part of winamp, but when it actually tries to jump to the next file wimamp just freezes. Im running winamp 5 on XP.
Old 2nd December 2003, 13:10   #116
DrO

@ALW: sorry for the late reply, been busy at work and missed this one.

(slightly wrong thread but don't worry about it )

Not sure why it would be freezing since if the file is not valid (either in the plugin list or what winamp is trying to play) then the file will be ignored.

Are you using any other plugins than those with the standard install? Did the problem happen with any of the earlier versions? (Have you tried v0.9j since the core playing code for that one is the same as v0.92a).

hmmm... not sure what else could be causing a freeze since i've never managed to get it to freeze even if i try to.

-daz

[offtopic]
windows xp is the bane of my life (only problems happen with xp systems, oh well)
[/offtopic]
Old 3rd December 2003, 00:09   #117
ALW

Yea sorry, i noticed the seperate jump to file forum just after I posted the reply!

Just re-installed winamp and the plug-in and it works fine now, so im not sure what the problem was, but it's rectified itself and now works nicely!
Old 3rd December 2003, 08:18   #118
DrO

not sure what it could have been either since i heavily test all my plugins to make sure that they will not affect the standard ones that come with winamp.

glad it works well for you

-daz
Old 3rd December 2003, 11:35   #119
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

sorry.. wrong thread

Last edited by Bizzeh; 3rd December 2003 at 12:03.
Old 4th December 2003, 10:02   #120
bigru

hey i just downloaded the second prerelease and i was wondering so far does it have any other features apart from ctrl+m? because all it is for me is another playlist with a side car,

i mean no offence i know it must be hard and if it works it will be the greatest plugin of all time but it doesnt seem much to me because i probably dont understand

???
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion