Old 10th November 2004, 13:17   #361
KneHigHbOb

hmm no
oh ahh it works now
sorry guys, don't normally install the media library and or use it

tis all working now appart from allowing people to access it from the out side world

will probably need help on that (knowing my luck) but i will keep you guys informed
KneHigHbOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 15:47   #362
maxe
Banned

instead of wasting valuable development resources for such a useless plugin you maybe should consider to put them into the in_mplayer plugin project which obviously makes much more sense.

when i want to remotecontrol winamp i surely use other software/solutions and not a pseudo-secure plugin.
maxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 18:45   #363
DrO

maxe: to you the plugin may be useless but to others in_mplayer is viewed the same. and as mentioned before, if you want to promote development of that plugin, keep it to it's existing related threads (which this is far from it)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 23:37   #364
D&B
Banned

Well said DrO.

ml_www is far from useless, I use it almost everday and am very grateful to the developors.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2004, 06:39   #365
MostAwesomeDude

Send a message via AIM to MostAwesomeDude
YES! I am free from evil econ projects, community service, marching band, and all those other little evils of high school...at least for this year. Chris, gimme some work when you feel like it; I now have weekend programming time as soon as I can get VC6 working on my box.

~ CD

"Be excellent to each other." ~ Bill & Ted
Member of the ml_www project.
4G 20GB iPod w/ Winamp 5.05 and ml_ipod 1.12
MostAwesomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2004, 10:58   #366
chris_d_smith

mlwww 0.6.0 alpha 1 released

Hello Everybody

Here's an alpha of version 0.6.0 which includes a new preference dialog layout, skin setup and XML/XSL support. See what ya think and let me know. Sorry it's taken so long

download

Changes:

Feature Requests:
- 946755 Skins should be treated as a whole
A skin is now a directory containing at least a file called
ml_www.ini which contains at least the following config:

[ml_www]
skinname=<name>

With this in place, the user can setup the skin using a new
"Skin Configuration" dialog which has been added to the
plugin preferences. The user can select the current skin
from a drop down.

All files for the skin should go in that directory, eg:
images, stylesheets ...

The default and unfletch skins have been updated.

- 981979 Different themes
XML/XSL skins are now supported. In this mode, the plugin outputs files
in XML format. Each skin then contains an XSL stylesheet to transform
the output into the desired format. This could be html and, if so, the
html can reference a CSS file which can also be sent by the server.

A new skin "default_xml" has been created to illustrate how to set up an
XML/XSL skin. This is a reimplementation of the "default" theme.

Cheers,
Chris
chris_d_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2004, 11:38   #367
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Nothing big, but you forgot to change the version to 0.6 in the Installed Media Library plug-ins section of the Preferences.

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2004, 11:52   #368
chris_d_smith

fixed now (same link)
Old 4th December 2004, 02:10   #369
lednerg

For some reason, I can't apply a seperate CSS stylesheet to Stream mode. It uses the stylesheet for Remote Control mode instead.

Other than that, it's perfect.

BTW, I'm working on a stylesheet to better suit PDAs (small fonts, formatting changes), but since I'm still waiting for mine in the mail, I can't test it fully. One question though, is there a way to split the Playlist/Remote frames horizontally rather than vertically? That would be so much better for small screens.
lednerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2004, 13:06   #370
chris_d_smith

Quote:
For some reason, I can't apply a seperate CSS stylesheet to Stream mode. It uses the stylesheet for Remote Control mode instead.
oops :S that was a bug.

I put together a new version with the bugfix and also a feature upgrade to allow you to change the frames (something i'd been meaning to do for a while)

get it here

Changes:

Feature Requests:
- 1078830 Need to allow customization of frameset
Skins can now specify a custom frames page for Remote
Control mode.

To do this, create a file called "rcframeset.html" in the
skin's directory. If it exists, this file will be sent to
clients when they request the remote control page.

If the file does not exist, the standard page will be sent
as per usual.

The default skin now uses this method - it can be used as an
example.

Bugfixes:
- 1078848 stylesheet for stream page not configurable
The stream page stylesheet is now sent properly and the
preference now correctly changes the name of the stylesheet.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 5th December 2004, 01:56   #371
Screech

Hello,

Ok, I have it installed and running. Now how do I access my music?
Screech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2004, 03:24   #372
chris_d_smith

Hi Screech,

There's some instructions in this post on getting mlwww running.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 7th December 2004, 07:18   #373
MarkRH

Just installed the latest version from the Sourceforge site. Fairly impressive. I set it up to run on port 81 since I already have Apache running on port 80. A couple things...

1. Think there is a bug when doing searches. For example if I do a anything search for "bob" (without typing quotes) it searches for "bo" instead. It seems to lop off the last character. Now if I type "bob " then it will search for "bob". Another example.. I do an Album Search for "kill bill" and here's the query string in the address bar "query=%3FALBUM+HAS+%22kill+bil%22" Again, it lops off the last character.

2. This is a suggestion.. I am either missing how to do this or it's not there. Is there someway when searching for whatever that it gives a link that will stream a playlist of every result it found and/or to provide a link that will stream the entire media library? Well, I just figured out how to make it send a stream of all mp3 files. I just use a URL like this:

PHP Code:
<A HREF="http://home:81/stream.m3u?query=%3FFILENAME+HAS+%22.mp3%22">All MP3s from Winamp Server</A
The above isn't that big a deal since I have some PHP scripts that work with a MySQL database of all my MP3s and it does just that. For those interested, it can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpeg-database . The only drawback to this is that everytime I add or remove files or update tags, I have to rebuild the MySQL database for it to match up.

Anyway, I'll be using this to play my MP3s from Work.

Mark H.
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2004, 09:13   #374
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

lots of bugs in ml_www

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2004, 09:49   #375
chris_d_smith

Quote:
lots of bugs in ml_www
Umm there's only 4 open bugs in sourceforge... can you tell me what's broken? then i can fix it
Old 7th December 2004, 10:19   #376
chris_d_smith

@MarkRH

I've put those in sourceforge:

1080496 - bug in searches
1080501 - stream results/stream all

Neither of them look particularly hard to fix - although the "stream all" thing sounds a bit dangerous
Old 7th December 2004, 23:56   #377
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

One has to do with styles and firefox for all I know. When I view my server in firefox the buttons bunch up together making it impossible to click on. Don't know why.

I'm Back?
Old 8th December 2004, 01:03   #378
chris_d_smith

hmmm sounds weird... I'm using firefox and dont get that problem...

Could you send me a screenshot? are you using Firefox 1.0?
Old 8th December 2004, 03:18   #379
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Firefox 1.0
ml_www 0.5
Attached Images
File Type: png ml_www.png (86.5 KB, 292 views)

I'm Back?
Old 8th December 2004, 04:28   #380
chris_d_smith

ah - you have "Use Images" turned off. hmm yer i guess the default skin is setup to expect "Use Images" turned on.

In 0.6, this is now a property of the skin your using so as to reflect the skin's preference.

Maybe i can try to make the default skin behave better when "Use Images" is turned off. I'll have a go.
Old 9th December 2004, 05:22   #381
lednerg

Two things I want:

1) Transcoding. GNUMP3d (Perl-based MP3 server) uses LAME, maybe ml_www could do something similar...? My ISP has me capped at around 128kbps which renders ml_www virtually useless when I'm outside of my house (except for downloads, obviously).

2) Have ml_www check for additional html and image files in the theme directory to be accessible for uploading to clients. I can sorta do this by having rcframset.htm point to pages I put on my ISP's server, but that's a roundabout way of doing things. BTW, if you think this would open up security holes, then don't worry about it.

Anyway, keep up the good work
Old 9th December 2004, 07:04   #382
MostAwesomeDude

1) Transcoding on the fly? It could be done with LAME for MP3 files (and only MP3s, mind you), but the CPU overhead could get nasty, especially if someone else is using it. BTW, what ISP gives you 128 kbs and actually enforces it?

2) Eh, could be done, but sorta messy. ml_www is not intended to be a fully customizable web site that can cater to your every need and whim. It could happen eventually, but right now the framework just isn't there. What you can do is run two servers: Apache on port 80, and ml_www on port 8080 or 81, and then have a site on Apache that occasionally links over to ml_www. This has the added benefit of still showing a page even if Winamp is off, and you can detect Winamp's status in advance.

~ CD

Old 9th December 2004, 11:57   #383
chris_d_smith

I'm pretty sure that mlwww already does #2 (that was in there from the start). It may be disabled tho... haven't checked
Old 9th December 2004, 12:40   #384
chris_d_smith

ah yer, just had a look...

if you request <mlwww ip>/public/<file> then mlwww will return a file with the same name from <directory containing ml_www.dll>/ml_www.dll.public/ if that file exists.

eg: if i have ml_www.dll in c:\program files\winamp\plugins and go to http://localhost/public/hello.html then ml_www will look for the file c:\program files\winamp\plugins\ml_www.dll.public\hello.html and return it if it's found.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 9th December 2004, 17:20   #385
MarkRH

A follow-up to my Search bug where it chops off the last character.. this occurs when using the mouse to click on Search after typing in the text. If I press the Enter key, then the complete text is searched.

So the behavior is different if using the mouse vs Enter key.
Old 9th December 2004, 19:51   #386
lednerg

Quote:
if you request <mlwww ip>/public/<file> then mlwww will return a file with the same name from <directory containing ml_www.dll>/ml_www.dll.public/ if that file exists.
Dude!
Old 9th December 2004, 22:52   #387
chris_d_smith

@MarkRH

Ah ok, thanks for that - gives me a better idea of where to search... different javascript is used depending on which method you use to submit the form so i guess the search button script is broken
Old 10th December 2004, 00:52   #388
lednerg

Just so you know, you can't access custom named .GIF's from /public/, but you can from the theme folder (http://localhost:port/image.gif), so it's all good.

Also, here's one thing I found:
code:
function updateTime()
document.location.reload();

This is reloading the "left.html?command=..." part of the URL instead of just the left.html page. So if you jump to a song in the page and press pause locally on winamp, the counter will reach the end of the song and then re-jump to the song again. It also has an effect on adding items to the playlist; when it reaches the end of a song, it re-enters the items again into the playlist.
Old 10th December 2004, 01:41   #389
chris_d_smith

ah hmmm... sigh guess both of those are bugs... not being able to load gifs would be because the image requests are being redirected to the themes before the public request processor gets a go at 'em oneliner change to fix tho.

that javascript one should be easy enough to fix too.. i'll just make it load /left.html always.
Old 10th December 2004, 03:09   #390
MostAwesomeDude

Chris, good and bad news. The good news, I can get the total times to work both for left.html playlists, and for queried albums. Due to the way the pages are formatted, though, I can't currently get the ENTIRE artist time or ENTIRE album time (eg. Floater's Angels CD. Two tracks called Endless. If the search is for Endless, and that CD comes up, I can get the sum of those two, but not the entire album.)

Unless, of course, there's a way to get the ML to tell me exactly what the length of a certain album or artist or playlist is...and there should be, because Winamp has total time fields all over...but right now, the only IPC I have is for getting a single entry's time...any ideas?

~ CD

Old 10th December 2004, 04:35   #391
chris_d_smith

yer, that'd be about what i'd expect... umm i'd be inclined to just go with showing the total of what's on the screen - it'd be pretty confusing to see a total that was greater than the sum of the songs listed. You can always click the album name link to get a list of all the tracks on the album and the total time.

You could do a seperate query to get the total length if you really need it (eg: album = <blah> then sum up the track lengths). That'll be really slow tho.
Old 10th December 2004, 06:31   #392
MostAwesomeDude

OK. Um, I'm gonna hafta do two things:

First, my dev comp's monitor just fried inside and melted, so gotta replace that, then I'll probably either do two lookups on the query data for song length (slower, but easier) or insert a counter into the loop that gets the song length already (good speed, but nightmarish) or even use JS to dynamically read a table and edit the field client-side (can do, but would be VERY temporary-like.) Really, my only obstacle is that the table header is filled out before the loop occurs, and so it will be creative to figure out how to insert that value...

See ya when I get a new monitor!

~ CD

Old 11th December 2004, 09:23   #393
lednerg

I gotta say, after using it for a few weeeks, I'm really digging this plugin! I'm using it to control Winamp (from a Firefox tab) more often than the actual player. It's just a lot easier to access artists with the three-column format. And having delete buttons for each song in the playlist is perfect. I can't say enough how much use it gets over here.

A few posts back I mentioned I was working on a theme for PDAs (not sure how well they handle JS or CSS, though) so I've attached a screenshot. The remote playlist and artist browser are on two seperate pages, but I put the controls on both of them. Also I've added keyboard shortcut support (ZXCVBN, etc), but it's a little buggy sometimes.

Anyway, nice job guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mlwwwss.jpg (99.4 KB, 258 views)
Old 11th December 2004, 14:19   #394
chris_d_smith

cool - looks good!

I think i fixed both the problems you were having today (no public gifs and reload). A few more bugfixes/new features to do and i'll post another version. hopefully in the next couple of days.
Old 11th December 2004, 18:30   #395
MarkRH

Found another bug I think.. In the Stream Mode tab of the Configuration Dialog, the Query Filter does not save its contents. I put filename HAS ".mp3" in there so that it leaves out my MIDI and MOD files.

After I click OK it seems to keep the value in memory as the Filter does work; however, when I go back to the tab, it is blank and if I then click OK it removes the Filter value in memory since it's obviously blank. The Remote Control Filter does seem to remember its contents.

Thanks,
Old 11th December 2004, 22:39   #396
chris_d_smith

Yep, i got that here too . I'd left out the line to populate that field when the config panel was opened damn copy and paste .

I've fixed it (and the search problem you were having), hopefully will get you a new version soon.
Old 13th December 2004, 20:54   #397
Gabes Dad

ml_www ideas

I use both javajunky's Wombatshare and the ml_www plugin at work. About 5 other people have the wombatshare plugin running on the network and it works great.

However, wombatshare development has slowed quite a bit compared to ml_www and I love the flexibility and added features that mlwww offers. I thought it would be nice if mlwww could optionally integrate better into winamp. Perhaps a part of the plugin (or a small batch program) could generate an html page that over-writes the winampmb.htm file. The page could contain links to others computers that are running mlwww (these links would be added via the batch file or plugin). One could then set this as the default page in winamp.lks and make the file read-only to prevent link updating by winamp.

Or perhaps it is possible to make it another view in the left side-bar of the medialibrary that simply contains hyperlinks that open the pages in winamp's browser.

I don't know if this would have quite the ability as wombatshare to pop-up who else on the network, etc. is running winamp with plugin or not, but manual configuration would work for me.

If I knew how to program or write html I would do it myself, but I'm an architect and design buildings instead. Seems like these two plugins have philosophy to share that would make for one great plugin.

Thoughts, anyone?
Gabes Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2004, 00:47   #398
MostAwesomeDude

Chris, network detection? At the moment, it's really designed for open 'Net use...I didn't think there were MB integration plans.

Hmm, not a bad idea, though...definitely worth considering.

~ CD

Old 14th December 2004, 03:17   #399
chris_d_smith

Umm we could do something like that i guess... Open another port which could provide info about versions and stuff. I guess we could even turn it into some kind of generic remote control/query service at some point (although that'll probly take a while ) We'd definitely want to make "announce" optional tho .

Not sure how we'd go about scanning for nearby ml_www's. Just scan the given port on a range of LAN ips? i haven't really looked into that kind of stuff before - is there a usual mechanism for determining the used IP's on local networks? I guess you could ask the DHCP server on some networks sounds a bit complex tho

On the topic of more integration, I've been thinking about putting an extra link on the search results that would take you to an info page for that song. Maybe AMG, maybe winamp's info page or amazon or something? does that sound useful? We could also use Amazon's Web Services to get cover art and show it next to albums in the search results or use it instead/as well in an album browser.
Old 14th December 2004, 03:39   #400
chris_d_smith

Quote:
Not sure how we'd go about scanning for nearby ml_www's. Just scan the given port on a range of LAN ips?
Ah - use multicast addresses for announce and listen for incoming multicast messages to determine nearby hosts.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion