Old 26th June 2004, 07:03   #321
PatrickNeil

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_d_smith
973806 & apos; shows instead of apostraphy in IE
IE and Mozilla both correctly show apostraphy characters now.
That's so cool. You makes me feel like a sweepstakes winner.

Patrick
PatrickNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2004, 21:49   #322
evilchaos

Hi my first post on winamp forums!!! is a question that might sound n00bish but my problem is that it doesnt wanna stream at all
Remote control mode works perfectly,it shows the current playlist of winamp and controls and everything.
But in Stream mode it doesnt show ANY file liek if my playlist where empty and when i do a search of a file for get a stream of my playlist it doesnt return anything it says "0 found" but the thing is obviously there cause if i switch to remote its appears on it and i can make it play on the pc but not stream it back
My ports are open (port80), my ISP is not blocking it,my firewall is down, im using the latest build of it and also i tried with IE,Opera and firefox but no result
Im sry if i sound like a n00b but can someone point me or guide me to fix or figure out whats wrong with it

TXS
Image of problem showing that the files are there but it doesnt let chosse anything to stream

Last edited by evilchaos; 26th June 2004 at 22:17.
evilchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 03:01   #323
chris_d_smith

@evilchaos

looks like your problem is that the files you want are not in the media library.

You need to open winamp's preferences, goto "General Preferences"->"Media Library", add some directories to scan and press the "Rescan Now" button.

Once you've done that, go to the mlwww preferences ("Plug-ins"->"Media Library", double click mlwww) and click the "Refresh Now" button.

If you go to the web page now, you should see a list of the artists in the directories that you scanned.

As a side note, if you've got "Allow Streaming" turned on in the "Playlist" preferences of mlwww, then you can tell whether a song in your playlist is in the Media Library by whether or not it has a stream icon beside it in the mlwww playlist. (example)

Last edited by chris_d_smith; 27th June 2004 at 03:25.
chris_d_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 03:41   #324
evilchaos

TXS alot chris_d_smith

I followed your instructions and now its working flawlessly
Great plugin indeed
TXS alot again to all
evilchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2004, 04:33   #325
elgatodesigns

Crap... the project file is in MSVC++ 7 format... I only have MSVC++ 6. Is there a converter out there to convert it into a .dsp file?

Until next time,
~Nick
elgatodesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2004, 01:04   #326
chris_d_smith

@elgatodesigns

Not that i know of... You can build it fairly easily tho:

- Grab a copy of the old VC6 project files from CVS:

dsw
dsp

- Open them up in VC6.
- Remove all the file references in the project.
- Go through and add all the source files back in from the source tree.
- Make sure the project "include" options for the project includes the location of the winamp SDK on your computer.

You should then be able to build via VC6.

If you get it working, perhaps you could send me a copy of the dsp/dsw files? i'll check them in so it works for everyone. Unfortunately i don't have a copy of VC6 that i can use any more so i cant keep them up-to-date =(
Old 2nd July 2004, 18:28   #327
elgatodesigns

The files worked with only a little tweaking... here they are.

Until next time,
~Nick
Attached Files
File Type: zip ml_www_vc6.zip (2.3 KB, 309 views)
elgatodesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2004, 00:45   #328
wieesiee

lot of ideas...

Yeah, working great.

Is it a big deal to make ml_www affect my main volume level ? (i guess it is) I´m not using winamp volumes, because when WA-Volume is set to e.g. 30 Percent and you have Windows throwing a <whatever> sound through your speakers you feel like becoming deaf. Especially when you´re trying to fall asleep with your fav music.

A nice 'gift' would be to have the albumcovers (Folder.jpg or the ID3 v2 picture displayed in ml_www. Not important, though.

If someone could make the remote control open in two windows instead of two frames, this´d be nice as well.
<edit> I´ve found it, if someone cares: the two rc-frames are /left.html and /right.html <edit end>
Does this use two connections if I open the 2 sites in different browser windows ?
Does the stream-site have an url as well ?
Could someone give the left.html and right.html a new Title (for example 'Winamp Media Library', left.html 'Winamp Player Controls', right.html has no title right now)

If i use the options control AND stream, the switching between rc and stream is obsolete (because the stream buttons are displayed in the rc-window as well), better was a feature to open left.html in a separate window (I think i´m not the only one who doesn´t need the controls that often)

left.html opens automatically when playing or enqueuing.
i´d be happy if this would not happen.

Just adding one more idea:
What about inserting another step between the artist and songs, so after choosing an artist you get the albums and an option 'all'. For those who´d like to listen to whole albums this was further improvement, because the list is in fact unuseable with 20 Albums by one Artist (think of Pink Floyd-listeners)

bug ? I found ml_www starting with the second track of an album everytime selecting 'play album'
when i select enqueue, WA plays the first track of that album.
real enqueuing is not possible.
but maybe this results from one of my various plugins, e.g. next on stop.

at present i´ve suggested/wished enough, i´m back tomorrow.

btw: I´m using (of course) ml_www v0.50 (or does a newer version exist ?)
wieesiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2004, 01:30   #329
chris_d_smith

@wieesiee

Quote:
Is it a big deal to make ml_www affect my main volume level ?
Umm maybe =) i haven't looked in to controling the volume directly - presumably there's a windows API for doing that...

Quote:
A nice 'gift' would be to have the albumcovers (Folder.jpg or the ID3 v2 picture displayed in ml_www. Not important, though.
Folder.jpg is probably pretty easy... dunno about the id3 thing... at the moment mlwww only uses fields accessable through the medialibrary (picture isn't one of them as far as i can tell)

[quote]If someone could make the remote control open in two windows instead of two frames[quote]

This would requre pretty extensive changes (to keep the same level of functionality)... it's not entirely impossible tho... you'd probably find you'd need to manually refresh the playlist window tho.

[qoute]Does this use two connections if I open the 2 sites in different browser windows ?[/qoute]

I think so, but then i think it'll use two connections as frames too .

Quote:
Does the stream-site have an url as well ?
Nup, I think that'd be a pretty dangerous button to push... if you get on a site with thousands of tracks then it'll probably/possibly take a long time to build the playlist... It'd probably not be that hard to do tho i guess.

Quote:
Could someone give the left.html and right.html a new Title (for example 'Winamp Media Library', left.html 'Winamp Player Controls', right.html has no title right now)
You can change the titles in the preferences however there was a bug (fixed in CVS but not released) where the title (in the window title rather than in the html) on the medialibrary panels was not being set properly - this should be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
If i use the options control AND stream, the switching between rc and stream is obsolete
Yep, the security masks are kind of wierd and need attention... i'll probably look at that when dealing with the other security related feature requests in sourceforge.

Quote:
left.html opens automatically when playing or enqueuing.
Yep - this is because of the internal structure of the application (all changes to the playlist are processed by the playlist page so that the playlist page is always updated with the latest change). It is probably possible to change this but it'll take a fair bit of doing

Quote:
What about inserting another step between the artist and songs...
The next version will have better support for various artist albums which should help a bit (they're displayed as a single album now rather than as 1 album per artist). There's also a feature request in for an album view/list (which i haven't got to yet ). Maybe i could add an "all" button on the album header which refreshes the page but including all tracks from that album? You should be able to use the play/enqueue/stream album links to listen to whole albums already?

Quote:
bug ? I found ml_www starting with the second track of an album everytime selecting 'play album'
when i select enqueue, WA plays the first track of that album.
Hmmm i'll try it out but i'm fairly sure this all works properly at the moment... There's a known bug where enqueue will do wierd things if you have a certain medialibrary preference set (see sourceforge)

Quote:
I´m using (of course) ml_www v0.50
The latest version is ml_www v0.50 beta 3 but the version number hasn't changed in the application (probably a mistake in hindsight )

Can you submit the issues above (where you'd like changes to be made) in sourceforge link

Thanks,
Chris
Old 9th July 2004, 02:10   #330
webjunkie

logs

hey does anyone know of any ways to customize what gets recorded in the log file? i want to see what's actually being downloaded instead of Request received for: /rc_style.css
/stream.gif
/download.gif
/fetch-dl

Last edited by webjunkie; 9th July 2004 at 03:11.
webjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2004, 03:46   #331
chris_d_smith

Quote:
hey does anyone know of any ways to customize what gets recorded in the log file?
Currently there is no way In the future i'd like to add messages like what you suggest but I haven't had a chance yet

Monitor feature request 960372 for updates.
Old 15th July 2004, 21:28   #332
nifti

Is there a way to make a playlist off the streams? Or is there a way to save playlists with the streams and then stream the whole playlist on the other computer?

That sounded complicated..
nifti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2004, 00:51   #333
chris_d_smith

if click on streams on the webpage, it should enqueue them in your local winamp's playlist, you could save that playlist and then load it later. You could also copy it to another computer and play it from there.

You can also use the admin mode to enqueue all the tracks you want on the playlist on the server, save the playlist there and then click the "stream playlist" icon up the top of the playlist to stream all the songs from the server's playlist. When you move to a different computer, load the playlist on the server and then stream it again (saves you having to copy files around).

Hope that's what you wanted?
Old 16th July 2004, 08:55   #334
nifti

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_d_smith
if click on streams on the webpage, it should enqueue them in your local winamp's playlist, you could save that playlist and then load it later. You could also copy it to another computer and play it from there.

You can also use the admin mode to enqueue all the tracks you want on the playlist on the server, save the playlist there and then click the "stream playlist" icon up the top of the playlist to stream all the songs from the server's playlist. When you move to a different computer, load the playlist on the server and then stream it again (saves you having to copy files around).

Hope that's what you wanted?
When I stream it overwrites the current playlist..!?
nifti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2004, 01:19   #335
chris_d_smith

hmm maybe you've got "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer" unchecked in the winamp preferences? (under "General Preferences" > "File Types")

If unchecked, i think winamp will overwrite your playlist when windows asks it to open a file/address.
Old 21st July 2004, 20:32   #336
monkeyfromx

Just added a bug to sourceforge about track lengths while streaming.
monkeyfromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 03:13   #337
?uestion

Wassup people. I love the idea of this thing but since I upgraded to V.05 beta I cant see the controls in the remote frame:

?uestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 03:18   #338
chris_d_smith

Hmmm - currently you must have "Enable Authentication" checked in the "Security" panel to get the playlist controls to come up. I dunno whether this was the previous behaviour but the security options will probably be reviewed soon anyway (so it should all get sorted out).

Does anyone have an oppinion on whether you should be able to control the remote winamp with no password requred? (if that's what's configured in the settings)
Old 22nd July 2004, 03:40   #339
?uestion

Thanx, I just re-installed winamp and the plugin and it all works now. must have been some junk left over from previous versions. There was a folder called ml_www and a couple of others files relating to ml_www (sorry can't remember them - my bad) that seemed to be left over AFTER i uninstalled from the "preferences> media library> plugins" menu. I had to delete these manually, but I guess I missed some.
?uestion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 09:13   #340
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

uninstalling from the winamp options will only delete the single plugin dll (ml_www.dll), winamp doesnt know how to uninstall the plugin properly including all dependant files.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2004, 02:42   #341
stevekim

Help a FLAC newbie!

I love this plugin, but I can't stream any of my FLAC files. Any recommendations from folks here, or is this a possible feature request?
Should I be looking at setting up an IceCast server?

Thanks!
stevekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2004, 06:47   #342
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

What's the bitrate of the FLAC files?
What speed connection do you have (up/down)?
There's no reason why ml_www shouldn't recognize FLAC, as long as Winamp Media Library recognizes them.
Make sure you've installed the latest in_flac plugin (comes with flac windows package).

Though if the bitrate of the FLAC is higher than your connection speed, then it ain't gonna work no matter what (note, the upstream speed from the server is even more important than the downstream speed of the client).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2004, 23:43   #343
stevekim

DJ Egg -
Thanks for the help.
Here's the network setup I'm using:
1. One computer, "StorageServer", stores all the flac files.
2. "StorageServer" is linked by a 100Mbps switch to a "WinampServer" that is running Winamp + ml_www.
3. "WinampServer" has its library set up to point to "StorageServer".
4. "Client" is used to access "WinampServer" through the ml_www. It is on the same 100Mbps switch as both other computers.

The bitrate of the FLAC files is <1Mbps, and I'm operating between 2 computers hooked up by a 100Mbps switch, so it's not a bandwidth issue.
I've also got the latest version of the in_flac.dll (1.0beta7). And I tried going back to 1.0beta6 - no difference.
Whenever I try to stream a FLAC file, the file is cued up on the client Winamp (the app associated with .flac), but it shows up as having a length of 20287:44. Play never starts, but the file is listed in the playlist. Attempts to start play manually on "Client" produce no results. Every flac file does this.
I tried using this same setup to play mp3 files, and it worked great.
Any clues?

Thanks much,
Steve
stevekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2004, 03:29   #344
chris_d_smith

I had a go with a server serving itself and it didn't seem to work then either

I didn't have enough time to make sure but it seemed like ml_www was doing the right thing but something was going wrong when winamp tried to play the file, not sure tho. It seemed to make an attempt at playback but then decided it was too hard and moved on to the next file in the playlist.
Old 26th July 2004, 15:36   #345
moosepearson

I have a request for a bit of help.
I've got everything working fine, streaming and RC and what not. The only problem is the order that things come up when browsing.
If I have an album in the ML and look it up in ml_www it is always in reverse order.
i.e. Album A is in the ML going from 1-11 but in ml_www it is going from 11-1.
It enqueues this way and all.
Is there any way to make it sort from 1-11 and I just missed something or is this on purpose.
Thanks.
moosepearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2004, 00:28   #346
PatrickNeil

I have a question. My IP address changes every week or so at my university, is there some way I can keep a link pointing to it no matter how it changes with out having to pay attention to it always. Can I have a version of IP address that updates itself in my AIM profile or on my website?

Patrick
Old 4th August 2004, 07:23   #347
monkeyfromx

Take a look at dyndns.org I have the same sort of situation and this works great for me. A client lives on my Winamp server and updates the Dyndns db. I point to a simple url and dyndns does the rest. Pretty slick.
monkeyfromx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2004, 00:24   #348
PatrickNeil

Anything solution that I wouldn't have to pay for? This isn't important enough to make me want to pay monthly. Is there some alternative in the coding of this nice plugin that could make it something other than the IP address?

Patrick
Old 1st September 2004, 02:08   #349
chris_d_smith

dyndns is free as long as you use one of their predetermined domains. eg:
mydomain.dnsalias.org

You do need to register but that's free. I think the only thing you have to pay for is if you want to use your own domain name eg: mycomputer.mydomain.com

I use it all the time, works great for me - esp good if you've got a router that supports it, then you need no extra software or anything.
Old 22nd September 2004, 04:15   #350
sishgupta

2 things: props and a bug

Props:
This is the greatest winamp plugin ever. My mp3 player recently broke so ive been at school with out music.
With this plugin i am easily able to listen to any of my 2000 mp3s from school (im infront of the computer for the majority of 2/3 classes), instantly. Its freakin cool.

My friend also likes it because i made her an account and i let her add songs to my playlist. I like that because it makes my playlists diverse. Usually im so lazy that i just play a whole folder.

a bug?:
I have 2 accounts, one for me, one for my friend.
My account has "admin, control, stream" for privs, and my friends account has "control, stream" for privs.

My complaint was found by my friend. On her account, in remote control mode, she cannot enqeue songs to my playlist by simply clicking on the song name. She has to click the enqeue icon. I tested this from my computer and found it to be true.
On my account, this problem does not exist.
So, only people with admin can enqeue the song by clicking directly on the song?
Is this a feature? or a bug? For me it is a bug. If it was intended to be a feature, maybe it should be an option.

This obviously isnt a huge bug, infact its simply just an inconvienence. Perhaps it is something to look at in the future though?
sishgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2004, 06:25   #351
sishgupta

Oh, also, on the playlist control, for some reason volume up mutes. I have to use volume up 5 to raise the volume.
sishgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2004, 00:42   #352
chris_d_smith

Quote:
Originally posted by sishgupta
Oh, also, on the playlist control, for some reason volume up mutes. I have to use volume up 5 to raise the volume.
Yep, this's a known bug, it's fixed but only in the source repository at the moment

Re the permissions bug - i'm not sure about that specific case but the account stuff is a bit screwy in general hopefully it'll be reworked sometime soon, although probably not for the next release (unless the next release doesn't occur for another couple of months )

I'll put a bug in sourceforge about that.

(btw, cheers for the props - it's good to hear that ppl like it and use it let us know if there's new features you'd like to see)
Old 23rd September 2004, 23:29   #353
D&B
Banned

I use it almost every day chris. I love it, thank you so much.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2004, 21:40   #354
COtto1984

Send a message via AIM to COtto1984
I didn't see it in your bug list, but it seems winamp crashes randomly when people are searching or downloading from this plugin.

COtto
COtto1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2004, 05:55   #355
chris_d_smith

hmm are you sure it's mlwww? i haven't had any crashes from mlwww for a fair while.

Can you let me know what mlwww version you have and what OS you're running?
Old 22nd October 2004, 09:50   #356
COtto1984

Send a message via AIM to COtto1984
latest mlwww and xp pro

COtto
COtto1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 13:57   #357
KneHigHbOb

hey guys!
this seems like the best place to post here, is there an installers FAQ for this plug-in? (or any FAQ)

currently having to use wwwinamp, and this looks soo much better

sorry if this is a "n00bish" question, but i can't find one
KneHigHbOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 01:00   #358
chris_d_smith

Hi KneHigHbOb,

there's no official faq at the mo

It's not too hard to get working tho:

- Install plugin via installer
- Make sure you have updated your Media Library to include some files.
- Go to the mlwww options (under winamp preferences->pulgins->Media Library->mlwww
- Make sure that "Enable HTTP Servier" is checked
- If you want to be able to remote control winamp, go to the "Security " tab and enter a username/password in the first row and check all the checkboxes for that row.
- Click "OK"
- Open a webbrowser and go to "http://localhost/"

You should now see the mlwww interface.
Old 10th November 2004, 10:58   #359
KneHigHbOb

a ha! not having installed the media library would be my problem

cool
cheers

Edit: but it can't find my music (ie i can't pick it to enqueue from http://localhost), i keep my music on D:/my music rather than on my C:/ drive. is there some setting i have missed?
KneHigHbOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 12:23   #360
DrO

have you added any music into the media library?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion