Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 13th April 2008, 14:11   #361
DrO

will have to check it out when i get the time to do so. there's a number of issues with tiptop that need to be worked out (and i'd expect the failing to show issue stems from it not seeing any data which then prevents it from trying to draw itself again). no idea on when there'll be an update on both of the plugins to resolve the issues (too much to do, too little time to do it, heh)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:15   #362
jaladar

I really like this plugin but i've found a bit of a problem with it. It doesnt seem to like winamp in docked mode. If winamp starts in docked mode, I'm unable to change any of the colours that the seperators use (and any existing coloured seperators are changed back to default). The options are completely greyed out. If i start it undocked it seems to be fine. I really hope someone can sort this out.

I'm using winamp modern skin with the latest version of winamp.
jaladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:11   #363
kristianpeders

The colouring options in the playlist separator preferences are greyed out for me. Re-installing the plugin doesn't help either. What to do? Are there any specific plugins or settings that might be in the way?
kristianpeders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 11:33   #364
D555

Please suggest me what string does need to past for displaying names of phisical folders when inserting a separators between folders ?

ps
and is any method to past pictures from that folders ?

Thanks in advance for answers.
D555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:01   #365
quikj

crashes

hey!

i just found this plugin [and the rest of urs] and its really really great!!

the only problem is... it crashes winamp alll the time.. =] in a really forceful manner... its not really usable here..

i cant make it crash on demand, it just smtimes shuts down winamp.. i do have hebrew titles in my playlist, is there smthing im doing wrong?

[if it does crash, its only during use of the plugin. either addind/removing of separators or while [get this] DRAGGING an existing separator]

hope i didnt bring in any old news. [couldnt find release notes]
quikj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 12:50   #366
DrO

i'm aware there are issues with the plugin which can cause random crashes though i've not been able to track down the exact cause of this so far since it's obscure (as you've seen) and when i've tried to test it i'm never able to get it to crash *shrugs* maybe i'll eventually find the time to work on fixing this but don't expect anything soon.

-daz
Old 31st August 2009, 16:55   #367
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.5
  • Added winampUninstallPlugin(..) support (cleans up after itself when uninstalled from Winamp's preferences)
  • Added localisation support (requires 5.5+ for localisation to work) for the new 5.5+ style language packs
  • Reworked the preferences so they're now located under Preferences -> Playlist -> Separators
  • Removed preferences option for showing the options in the right-click menu as a sub-menu (is now on by default) but can be overriden by setting menu_s=0 in the settings section of winamp.ini for the plugin
get v2.5

-daz
Old 31st August 2009, 19:17   #368
jph6t
Major Dude

Re: Playlist Separator v2.5

Thank you for the new version DrO.

So how do I go about creating a language file for you?
jph6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 19:42   #369
DrO

you'll need a resource editor to start with. then you'll need to load the .lng file into it, edit the strings/dialog text as needed and then save it out. once done you'll need to save the .lng file into a zip file, rename the .zip to a .wlz. double-click the .wlz or copy it to %winampdir%\lang and select it from the localisation preferences page.

-daz
Old 11th September 2009, 09:20   #370
qfunk

Hi Dro!! Just found this page's link from your plugins website. Found your plugin's website from google.

Just wanted to ask you if there's any readme file for the string codes used in the seperator config... Like the ARTIST/GENRE/ALBUM/YEAR info which could be used for the Seperator, instead of the -----

Also, seeing the STOP function code, I was thinking if you had any GOTO & PLAY function integrated in the latest seperator version. ie., If I just want to listen to a particular album again and again, or a seleted sequence of songs again and again, then I could just add the goto and play seperator and feed in the track no. to be played, manually...
Thanks for reading, I really liked your plugins.
Currently, I'm using FILE ON DISK and SEPERATOR plugins.
qfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 00:07   #371
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

If you like his plugins, you should take a look at the Essentials pack, which contains a lot more of them:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....22#post2552022
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 12:14   #372
qfunk

Thanks koopa!! Got some plugin links from your signature too!!
Old 17th September 2009, 11:12   #373
qfunk

So how can I use this seperator plugin to display Artist/Album etc in the playlist??? %album% & %artist% doesn't work with the winamp version I have (v. 5.552)

Do I need to install a previous version of winamp? Or update the current version?? Please can someone provide help in this??
Old 8th December 2009, 22:21   #374
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Quote:
Originally posted by VooDoo`
hi,
I like the auto add function on playlist changes.
how's about an option to only auto add a separator if I only add a whole music album?

oh, and how can I use the coloring options?
at my local pc I can use them, but at my notebook the functions are greyed out.
any news for this ^^
is the plugin still in development?

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 22:43   #375
DrO

sort of, i did start on trying to make it use the 5.5+ style of localisation and that's about as far as i got as other things got in the way. i hope to get around to finishing an update to this plugin but time is against me now it seems.

-daz
Old 9th December 2009, 00:40   #376
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
ok, thx for your fast reply

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:20   #377
r.e.e.d

Dro, theres something broken with Bento and Big Bento

the Playlist Separator crash that moguta described,its happening with me too, and is happening only with Bento and Big-Bento skins, in Modern and Classic skins, the separator works fine.

to reproduce =>

1: clean install

2: select bento at first

3: install Playlist Separator

4: add several folders with mp3s

5: select add separators between folders

6: double-click at separator - it shoud jump to next mp3 and play-it instead crash.

Event Viewer log:

"event id:1000

Faulting application winamp.exe, version 5.5.7.2810, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000."
r.e.e.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:44   #378
DrO

r.e.e.d: thanks, that's made it easy to reproduce the issue though i've a feeling it's an issue in the Winamp plugins rather than this plugin (going on the crash that i'm seeing) but will see what i can resolve on both sides of fence

-daz
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:23   #379
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.5.1
  • Fixed crash when double-clicking on a separator when using a Bento based modern skin (missing GetOutputTime(..) function)
get v2.5.1

-daz
Old 27th December 2009, 02:23   #380
Moguta

Thanks for the fix! ^.^

Magnatune - A role model for ALL digital music stores!
Moguta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 13:43   #381
DrO

thanks for the confirmation that the fix is working correctly (i'm hoping that covers most of the random crashes i'd seen from it over the years that i couldn't track down).

-daz
Old 6th January 2010, 05:55   #382
lostinsound

Thanks for the update. I love this plugin. It fixed most of the problems I was having, but I'm finding that it still crashes periodically when I have it set to auto-add the separators and I modify the playlist. I just add albums to the playlist one after the other and all of a sudden one time it'll crash. I can't see any pattern. And it doesn't always automatically add the separators when I add one track at a time. When I don't have it set to auto-add them everything works perfectly. I'm using XP.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 11:12   #383
DrO

what have you got set as 'default separator' string as i'm wondering if it's a similar issue to the issue fixed in 2.5.1 by not having a required interface for all cases.

-daz
Old 7th January 2010, 02:39   #384
lostinsound

I have it set to:

||<$IfStrEqual2(%albumartist%,Soundtrack,[%album%] - [%albumartist%],[%albumartist%] - [%album%] '('%year%')')>||

but it happens even when I leave that box blank in the preferences and it just puts in the dashes. And most of the time it just crashes without saying anything but once in a while it'll give a message like:

The instruction at "0x7c9369da" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

It just seems strange that it only happens when it auto-adds them and not when I manually add them. I still haven't been able to find a pattern with it. It just seems to crash randomly.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:17   #385
DrO

thanks for that, gives me something else to test with as it does sound like something is being called which doesn't exist (by the 0x00000000 location) as since the plugin doesn't really do things properly as far as an input plugin is meant to work i've never fully implemented all internal functions so i wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar thing like the last crash fix. can i be a pain and also get a plugin's list from you so i can try to get a matching test install to work against please.

-daz
Old 8th January 2010, 02:12   #386
lostinsound

No problem. I've attached it in a txt file. If I remember right I think I tested it once with a clean install with no third party plugins and it still happened. Thanks for the help.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:03   #387
DrO

from a quick look through your plugin's list nothing dodgy seems to jump out. i would suggest looking at updating the following as there are newer versions available:

WavPack Decoder (in_wv.dll)
Find File On Disk (gen_find_on_disk.dll)
Jump To File Extra (gen_jumpex.dll)
One for Nunz (gen_nunzio.dll)
Playlist Undo (gen_undo.dll)

am still working through seeing if i can reproduce the random issue but not had much luck so far.

[edit]
missed Advanced Controls (gen_AdvancedControls.dll) in the list and looks like there's a newer version 5.4.6 which Fixed a possible problem with 0-second tracks which may cause a crash when a separator is played but really not sure.

-daz
Old 13th January 2010, 16:19   #388
lostinsound

I've updated all those and its still happening. I'm pretty sure I tested it once with a clean install and no third party plugins and it still happened. I may try that again when I have some time.

Am I really the only one having this problem with auto-adding the separators? It even happens when I double click on the same album in the media library over and over, waiting a few seconds in between. All of a sudden one time it'll crash.

I've also found that sometimes after a crash when I start winamp back up again, everything under "Basic Info" in the file info is blank for all files in the media library and the album art doesn't display. The ID3 tags are still there though. It all goes back to normal when I restart winamp again. I guess that could be just due to winamp not shutting down properly rather than being specific to this problem. Hope this helps. Anyway, I really like this plugin so I'll just keep using it and manually add the separators for now.
Old 14th January 2010, 01:11   #389
lostinsound

Ok, I've uninstalled the gen_jumpex.dll plugin and it seems to be working fine now. I've changed the playlist many, many times with it automatically adding the separators and it still hasn't crashed. I actually never use Jump to File so it doesn't really bother me to not have it. Not sure why there would be a conflict only on mine though.

The only other strange thing it's doing now is when the playlist is empty and I add a single track it doesn't automatically add the separator. As soon as I enqueue another track, it adds the separators like its supposed to, even putting one before the first track. So it only does it if you start with an empty playlist. This one isn't really that big of a deal for me but just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT: I should add that this was all after a clean install with no third party plugins so hopefully I won't run into any more problems as I add other plugins.

Once again, I love this plugin. Thanks for the help and all the work you've done on it.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:21   #390
DrO

i'm somewhat concerned that you've needed to remove gen_jumpex.dll to get things working without issue. you didn't have the colouriser option enabled (as that is dependant on gen_jumpex.dll)?

Quote:
It even happens when I double click on the same album in the media library over and over, waiting a few seconds in between.
well that gives me a different test strategy for testing the issue as i was just loading complete playlists rather than dynamically created content.

i'll have a look at the empty playlist thing though i've a feeling i might have coded it like that for a purpose but will see.

-daz
Old 14th January 2010, 15:31   #391
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
i'm somewhat concerned that you've needed to remove gen_jumpex.dll to get things working without issue. you didn't have the colouriser option enabled (as that is dependant on gen_jumpex.dll)?
I've tried it with and without color enabled and it still happens. And I've tried changing some settings in the Jump To File preferences to see if it's some particular setting that's causing it with no luck.

The reason I tried removing gen_jumpex.dll to begin with is because sometimes when it crashes it creates an error report and in the Error Signature it said ModName: gen_jumpex.dll. It doesn't do that every time though. Does Jump To File do something every time you dynamically modify the playlist?
Old 14th January 2010, 16:00   #392
DrO

it has an internal playlist tracker so it can keep track of movements made to queued items in the playlist editor though i was under the impression that all such crashes relating to it had been resolved as there's not been any for a year or so now and that only came from very quick additions of items into the playlist *shrugs*

-daz
Old 14th January 2010, 16:48   #393
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.5.2
  • Auto-insert separator now works with a single item being added (was set to two items previously)
get v2.5.2

-daz
Old 20th April 2010, 12:10   #394
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.6.1
  • Plug-in now only works on Winamp 5.5+ clients due to some changes with the localisation support
  • Fixed issue when Winamp is closed and error messages are shown (caused taskbar text corruption and Winamp potentially not closing at all)
  • Code changes now there isn't a need to support older clients which should improve the plug-in loading and integrating into the right-click menus
  • Keyboard accelerators in the playlist editor should now correctly work with Winamp 5.53+ clients
  • Adjusted the 'Alt+T' action to insert before the currently selected item instead of the last clicked item as beforehand
  • Some minor localisation changes - using MS Shell Dlg for dialog fonts and string adjustments
get v2.6.1

Hopefully nothing has broken with the changes made to the source though the accelerator handling fix for 5.53+ clients is something i should have done ages ago (had forgotten about it sadly).

[edit]
This replaces initial v2.6 from a few hours ago which incorrectly registered the keyboard accelerators throughout Winamp, v2.6.1 resolves this.

-daz
Old 26th April 2010, 14:53   #395
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.6.2
  • Fixed lockup issue with v2.6.x when Winamp's setup is then run
get v2.6.2

-daz
Old 20th November 2010, 21:47   #396
lostinsound

I've just noticed something kind strange with this plugin. I happens on both XP and 7. I have my music organized with the path names F:\Music\<Artist>\<year> <Album>\filename. From what I can tell it looks like if any of the folders in the path name start with the letters 'arc', the feature that automatically adds separators between the folders doesn't work. I first noticed this when it wouldn't add separators between any of my Arcade Fire albums. I've narrowed it down to the letters 'arc' (i.e. ar works, arc doesn't).

I've also tested it and found that if the album folder name starts with 'arc' then it won't add a separator for that album, but it will for all the others. I even tried it with changing the name of my Music folder to 'arcMusic', and in that case it won't add any separators between any of the folders in my entire library. This seems really strange. Can anyone else confirm this? It lets you add the separators manually using Alt+T, but it won't work when you select 'Insert separator between folders'.

Also, this occurs even on a clean install with only this plugin installed.
Old 20th November 2010, 21:54   #397
DrO

only thought that comes to mind is that the 'arc' folders are maybe the same folder as the checks for where to automatically insert the separator are based on the folder path changing between entries. probably best if you pm me a copy of your playlist (or attach if you're ok with people seeing what you have) and will see if i can reproduce / fix the issue over the next week or so.

-daz
Old 20th November 2010, 22:47   #398
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
only thought that comes to mind is that the 'arc' folders are maybe the same folder as the checks for where to automatically insert the separator are based on the folder path changing between entries. probably best if you pm me a copy of your playlist (or attach if you're ok with people seeing what you have) and will see if i can reproduce / fix the issue over the next week or so.

-daz
I generally only have 5-6 albums in my playlist at a time and change them out as I listen to them. I've attached a playlist where it has problems inserting the separators. It'll insert separators at the beginning of all the albums except the Arcade Fire albums.

What confuses me is that it doesn't matter which folder in the path starts with 'arc'. If either the music folder, artist folder or the album folder start with 'arc' it doesn't work for any albums contained within that folder. Anyway, thanks for the quick response. If you need anything else from me to test it let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip separator_test.zip (1.9 KB, 271 views)
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:34   #399
lostinsound

One more thing: ever since the internal colorizer api was overhauled in v1.2 of the JTFE plugin, the Coloring Options feature no longer works for this plugin. I don't really use JTFE so I've just stuck with the older version where it works.
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:33   #400
DrO

hmm, you had upgraded to the current version of this one as well ?
btw, haven't forgotten about the other issue, just the 5.6 release and work are getting in the way at the moment.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion