Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 9th September 2004, 18:24   #41
DrO

separator://?d?c-?n=123 and separator://?c-?n=123 are not valid since the '=' is missing after the ?c. so you'd need separator://?d?c=-?n=123 and separator://?c=-?n=123

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2004, 18:32   #42
JAC

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
not sure how that could be happening since the plugin only does things when winamp asks it to display the text for a separator item and when it's asked to add them. what do you mean by 'reload'?

-daz
it displays the songs like "artist - song.mp3" (the filenmane..) and then makes it into ID3-tag..
JAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2004, 18:32   #43
electricmime
Major Dude

yes, thats what i meant(when i retyped it... i left out the =) but it still doesnt work

There is no reset button on life... but the graphics kick ass
electricmime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2004, 18:46   #44
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by electricmime
yes, thats what i meant(when i retyped it... i left out the =) but it still doesnt work
ah. found the problem, the string setting isn't correctly cleared so even though internally it's storing the correct values, it will still display the string (since that's designed to override things). i'll fix that in a bit.

JAC: i'm at a loss to be honest. are you doing this on a new playlist before saving? is winamp.m3u being saved out correctly or not between load and shutdown? not sure what else to try... what happens if the plugin is disabled?

-daz
Old 10th September 2004, 00:45   #45
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.3
  • Fixed title handling to clear strings when needed
  • Fixed ?d not working on the end of a ?s block
  • Only shows ?s entry when specified or is set for the default option
  • Added 'Insert separator...' to playlist right click menu (inserts where the mouse was clicked)
  • Added a bit more info to the config message
get v1.3

-daz
Old 11th September 2004, 12:35   #46
shaneh
Major Dude

Ive added a script to my scripting plugin which has this functionality - just select a bunch of items and select 'Add separators' and it will add separators for each item, using the album title or whatever you like as the separator. There is also a script to insert all items from a given artist/album/other ml query and separate them by separators. You can modify the scripts to work however you like.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....88#post1466988
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2004, 12:59   #47
DrO

adding in a 'X:\-----' is fine apart for that you can't use previous to get past it since it will always jump to the next track which isn't good i think, but that's my view

-daz
Old 11th September 2004, 13:03   #48
shaneh
Major Dude

Yeah I guess you could check for the 'previous' button press, and if it lands on a 'x:' entry, fake a previous hit again. I guess youre doing somthing similar with this plugin, but I dont like getting weighed down with heaps of little plugins mucking about with the operation of winamp, id rather just hit pause first.

You can always edit the script to insert 'seperator' if thats what you wanna use.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 03:41   #49
electricmime
Major Dude

thats what i did.. i changed the whole x: thing to

separator://?s=-------" + x(1).artist + " - " + x(1).album + "-------"

i think

Old 13th September 2004, 10:20   #50
Dipso

Ah 1.3 works great

Could you possibly add "Insert Separator between forders" to the misc menu in the media library to?

Cause i use the ML to manage my plists, and adding seperators to all the playlists i have in the ML is a bit of a hazzle right now

Adding a config panel in the properties dialog for easyer editing and adding support for ID3 tags like described above would make this plug kickass i think.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2004, 12:59   #51
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Dipso
Ah 1.3 works great

Could you possibly add "Insert Separator between forders" to the misc menu in the media library to?

Cause i use the ML to manage my plists, and adding seperators to all the playlists i have in the ML is a bit of a hazzle right now

Adding a config panel in the properties dialog for easyer editing and adding support for ID3 tags like described above would make this plug kickass i think.
i want to expand it to allow for extra formatting options and ml integration should be possible (been looking at ml things lately )

-daz
Old 16th September 2004, 21:37   #52
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Playlist Separator v1.3
  • Fixed title handling to clear strings when needed
  • Fixed ?d not working on the end of a ?s block
  • Only shows ?s entry when specified or is set for the default option
  • Added 'Insert separator...' to playlist right click menu (inserts where the mouse was clicked)
  • Added a bit more info to the config message
get v1.3

-daz
Nice!
It's all working fine now.

Btw, on the release page of your site it says v1.2 came out on 10/09/2004
Should be 1.3, I guess?

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2004, 20:22   #53
D&B
Banned

Wow, how did I miss this! Awesome, thanks Dr. O. Can't wait to get home and try it out!

Shouldn't you be working on PlEX? You can put a seperator in that!
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2004, 21:07   #54
DrO

siebe83: ta, fixing the releases page as we speak

badrad: off topic... i am working on it again (though had a major issue with one of the source files so have some re-working to do )

-daz
Old 20th September 2004, 05:21   #55
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
This is a great little plugin, Darren, as are all your plugins

But just wondering...
Take a look at the attached JTFE screenshot.

LOL. Kinda silly to have all the separators show up like that at the beginning of the list in JTFE. Now, when double-clicking on any individual separator, JTFE correctly ignores the separator and jumps to and begins playing the next valid playlist entry following that particular separator. The trouble now is that you can't tell which separator is associated with what selection, and what will start playing next when that separator is double-clicked.

So, is there anyway that JTFE can be reconfigured to handle this differently when it sees this in the playlist (m3u) file? ...

#EXTINF:-1,-----------------------------------------------------
separator://

OK... I have 2 suggestions...

1. Maybe JTFE can be reconfigured to "ignore" all separator entries like the one above and not display them at all in the JTFE list?

OR (better yet)....

2. Instead of reconfiguring JTFE, reconfigure the separator plugin to give the individual an option to "tag" the separator when creating the separator, kinda like an identifying "header" for whatever group of music/album/CD selections follow that separator. Ya know... give the end-user the ability to type something in so that particular playlist separator might instead read something like this in the playlist (m3u) file...

#EXTINF:-1,-------------- CD - Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
separator://

...and the separator will be displayed, both in the playlist and also at the top of the JTFE selection list, like so:

-------------- CD - Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

In the above case, the end-user would be able to type in the CD or "header" info, and it will be preceded by only a limited number of (-) separator characters. That way, all separators are still displayed but identifying "headers" also are. All separators will still be displayed at the very beginning of the JTFE list that way, due to the starting (-) separator characters, but the other info the end-user typed in will also be there, so that when you double-click on one, you know exactly what album/CD will start playing next in your list.

Just an idea Darren, but I think it would be very practical and useful.
Attached Images
File Type: gif jtfe_pl_separator.gif (16.0 KB, 1340 views)

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 10:13   #56
D&B
Banned

Sounds like a good idea Nunzio.
D&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2004, 13:34   #57
DrO

yeah it is a bit silly having them in there
the current aim has been to alter jtfe to just ignore those entries (though for that i need to finish putting in some code that was provided to fix the hebrew character issues (since this will use the same). so... #1 will be easy to do.

as for option #2, that is on the drawing board what i was planning to do was to add a few new tags which will say fill in the folder path and things like that.

really i need to get the jtfe api fully planned out and implemented so that other plugins can add/control it such as for this one especially controlling which ones are/aren't included in the list (only issue is that it would slow searches down slightly).

i'll see what i can come up with

-daz
Old 20th September 2004, 14:25   #58
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Very good. Take your time with it, Darren. Take your time. It was only a suggestion.

Here's a better suggestion...

I'd try updating the pages at your site first though, to reflect the newer plugin versions in your sig. People look for and then download plugins from your site much more so than searching for your posts to find and then click updated links in your sig. There have been several occasions when I and others have had to redirect people to particular threads and then in turn, to your sig, to grab corrected and/or updated versions of plugins.

LOL. Just another "suggestion"

P.S.
If you don't have the time to update the site pages yourself then if you'd like to, you can email me any changes you'd like to see on the pages. Since I am hosting the site, I can easily make those HTML changes for you and upload them to the server. And I'll also make certain that the pages validate with the W3C. I'd be happy to do all that for you.
Old 20th September 2004, 17:39   #59
DrO

yeah, i have been a bit slow on updating things of late on the site. was planning to get new pages for some up this week as it was (shift pattern has altered to the better this week for a change so i have a bit more time yay)

not sure what's happened with that page since the last time i checked it was valid /me goes to fix it

-daz
Old 20th September 2004, 18:33   #60
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
People look for and then download plugins from your site much more so than searching for your posts to find and then click updated links in your sig.
I follow DrO's posts religiously
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2004, 01:11   #61
DrO

i had a few hours and didn't fancy working on one of the large projects tonight so i've had a little play around with this one instead

i've started to add in tag support from the files. currently it allows %a in the default string (assuming there was a ?S=x entry when the default was set) which will expand to show the album from the first track after the separator position.

eg separator://?d?s=<<=== %a ===>> will say display
<<=== (What's The Story) Morning Glory ===>>

due to how winamp is, i've only got this implemented currently for the full playlist scan (i intend to add in handling for when you insert just the one separator from the right click menu)

it's a bit iffy still due to the way i have to hack around for the titles to work correctly but due to this, it means support for tracking the playlist and updating/adding separators on the fly should be coming (sooner) at some point.

and so ends my nightly report

-daz
Old 21st October 2004, 07:56   #62
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Ahhh.. Great, Darren!

Ya know, since you have once again proven your prowess as the Magical Genie of Winamp plugins / enhancement and granted JAC's initial request when he started this thread here in the Wishlist forum, I feel it is now time to move the whole thread over to Winamp Discussion for user reactions/input.

Now, I know that there also are a few other threads that people have started in the Wishlist Forum where you have granted those wishes for them with your innovative plugins. I'll spend some time either tonight or tomorrow locating those threads and doing the same thing (or you can do it if you prefer).

Moved from Winamp Wishlist to Winamp Discussion
Old 22nd October 2004, 01:34   #63
DrO

right, it's late, i'm tired and i'll do a changelog later tomorrow but here's a 1.4 alpha build (mainly to see how the new code works).

until i do some more info, hopefully the config will explain about the new options and how to use them.

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip in_text 1.4 alpha.zip (4.7 KB, 510 views)
Old 22nd October 2004, 08:44   #64
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
oh goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody goody

I can't live without this plugin, it's one of the most usefull you ever made DrO and I can only find one think I don't like that much: after adding the separators it's impossible to resort the files because I have to re-add all the separators. Thay all show up on top/down (don't recall).

Oh well, what about a playlist undo plugin?

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2004, 11:08   #65
DrO

yeah, there are a number of issues when it comes to that. just before i put this build together, i did try to add in handling to effectively update the separators wheh doing 'T' after it's already been done.

to be honest, for proper handling of things like that i need to get the jtfe api sorted, seems silly to have to duplicate the same code when it's already in there [jtfe] waiting to be used (plus it's better to only have one lot of monitoring code instead of mutliple conflicting versions )

... which is how undo will come into being as well i hope

-daz
Old 22nd October 2004, 22:59   #66
DrO

right, changelog is now available from here (doesn't really justify the time put in checking/testing things but that's normal )

-daz
Old 22nd October 2004, 23:11   #67
siebe83
Forum King

Now I can see which album starts where in the playlist without having to put the album tag in my ATF rule
(which resulted in long titles )

Great!

Old 22nd October 2004, 23:14   #68
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83

Now I can see which album starts where in the playlist without having to put the album tag in my ATF rule
(which resulted in long titles )
damn those long atf strings

-daz
Old 22nd October 2004, 23:39   #69
siebe83
Forum King

Screenshot time!!
Sorry about the smiley, my paint skills aren't that good...
Attached Images
File Type: png separator.png (53.6 KB, 838 views)

Old 22nd October 2004, 23:45   #70
DrO

is much easier to see what the different albums are now

once the jtfe api is implemented then a different colour (including blending with the current skin colours) should be possible to do which will help things a bit more

-daz
Old 23rd October 2004, 00:06   #71
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

DrO YOU ROCK!

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2004, 02:46   #72
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Good job, DrO

And it's now very configurable as well...
Old 23rd October 2004, 03:20   #73
DrO

aye, for the next build i think i'll add in a custom option for the % tag so that other ones can be used as needed without me having to code in everything going (since i guess someone will ask for it anyway)

will tweak the code in the next day or so to give a full v1.4

-daz

@Nunzio: is someone using a Winamp like skinning/theme?
Old 23rd October 2004, 03:34   #74
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Ahh good! Looking forward to v1.4 FULL
Quote:
@Nunzio: is someone using a Winamp like skinning/theme?
What? Who? Me??? NEVER!!
Old 23rd October 2004, 15:46   #75
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
What? Who? Me??? NEVER!!
i really should get the 0.8 series of that plugin finished and out the door soon

-daz
Old 23rd October 2004, 22:19   #76
electricmime
Major Dude

it doesnt work for me.. i even tried the example one

it just comes off as << ()[] >>

Old 23rd October 2004, 22:21   #77
DrO

you need to do it via the 'T' option, at the moment there's no way to do it when adding in manually

-daz
Old 23rd October 2004, 22:23   #78
electricmime
Major Dude

umm... the 't' option?

Old 23rd October 2004, 22:26   #79
DrO

in the playlist window it's misc->insert separator between folders and that will then do what it says

doing right click insert separator and manually adding a separator:// will not get any album information currently

-daz
Old 24th October 2004, 00:16   #80
electricmime
Major Dude

will you add in a second 'insert custom separator' which pops up a little box, or allow the default to have a thing in it (like ?s or whatever) that opens up a little box so you can do a custom separator easier than either adding the url, or editing it after you create it?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion