Old 28th February 2005, 19:16   #161
siebe83
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
[...] that's just a silly suggestion to work around it

Your workaround doesn't work, btw... (just fyi)

(@jojo, you could try my workaround, but that will mess up the playlist order badly)

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 19:47   #162
DrO

oh well i wasn't sure if it would or wouldn't work and was the best thing i could think of as i was leaving work *shrugs*

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 20:13   #163
siebe83
Forum King

You should be glad Winamp doesn't think your beautiful separators are dead!

Idea for the future...
Built-in ATF. Just as Toaster, BalloonTip, and the playlist use. But maybe too much to ask
Would be great if you could use a string like...
-------$if(%album%, %artist% - %album% ['('%year')'] ,-----------)-------
Just an idea

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 20:16   #164
DrO

i'll consider it as i've been thinking of making it more in line with the way Winamp works (the reason for the ones at the moment was mainly out of ease of development testing that were left in since i'm lazy )

-daz
Old 19th April 2005, 18:47   #165
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
curious if you can compare strings to see if the album is a various artists album, if you have %t, it would say 'Various Artists' instead of the first artist.

[edit] thanks dro.

Last edited by billyvnilly; 19th April 2005 at 19:05.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2005, 18:55   #166
DrO

just re-written my reponse since i realised how you're adding the separator. if you do it via the 't' key in the playlist then it works as you mentioned. i had thought i'd enabled the code to do that on an insert as well. i'll add it to the todo list

-daz
Old 20th April 2005, 01:47   #167
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.6
  • Manually adding a separator should now insert 'Various Artist' where applicable
  • Altered code to not allow adding a separator on a separator
  • Added 'remove separator' and 'remove + re-insert separator' options (include keyboard shortcuts!)
  • Added a simple alt+3 file information dialog (needs a lot more <3 )
  • Added in option to show the above dialog when you manually add a separator (clicking 'Cancel' will abort the addition)
  • Improved string display when there's no tag information available
get v1.6

For what was meant to be a quick 1.5a build for billyvnilly, this has sort of turned into a bit more than i'd thought i was going to do The configs need an overhaul especially the new alt+3 info dialog (but it's late and i need to sleep now)

-daz
Old 20th April 2005, 01:51   #168
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

so sweet.
Old 8th May 2005, 19:21   #169
Wolfgang
Forum King

Wow. DrO fucking rules.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2005, 19:25   #170
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
As always this plugin F****** ROCKZ!!!! (pardon my french )

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 01:28   #171
Mr_Sako

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Sako
if you fill out the ID3 tags for all your mp3s its not a big problem i think
Mr_Sako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 05:05   #172
PatrickNeil

Hey, just a head's up. This plugin causes Winamp to crash on exit when used with Leo's Lyrics plugin 1.2. Feel free to look it up, download it, experiment, and fix it if you feel like it. I don't know which plugin is at fault here. I, heartbreaking as it may sound, deleted this plugin, on the thought that I use it less.

Patrick
PatrickNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 05:27   #173
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

cannot replicate.
what kind of crash error do you get and how did you get it?
Im running win xp pro with 5.09/leo1.2/separator1.6.

if i have leos open and have separators in playlist, i do not get crash on exit.

[edit]nevermind....
this bug has nothing to do with LEO's lyrics, its not a conflict, i think its just separator? maybe...

@DrO, its very sporadic, and i still dont know if its separator or not. perhaps a crash report can help you determine if it is separator:

the instruction at "0x024c509b" referenced memory at "0x024c509b". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program

[edit2]I only noticed this crash report with 5.09 and never with previous versions.
Old 10th May 2005, 16:10   #174
nierke

How to remove single separator?

...:::nierke:::...
nierke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 18:14   #175
mrym

it's easy. right-click separator entry, then select "Remove Item(s)" or hit delete key.
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 19:16   #176
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

well DrO... (bizzy?)

i always knew you would rock!!! always!
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2005, 07:26   #177
Vorak

So is this plugin finished? Other than stuff that other people find wrong with it, or do you have more on the todo list? BTW its awesome. I don't know much about the configuration though seeing as I clicked the question mark and got confused by reading it. I'm a newbie.
Vorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2005, 13:11   #178
DrO

when is a plugin ever finished once the new builds of jtfe (jump to file extra) are finished then i can look into some form of colouring the separators (still need to finish the api in jtfe for this so it's a little way off). also i need to finish the edit separator method (which i had an email from someone about but i've lost their details so can't get back to them )

but really it's just fleshing the plugin out to it's best potential that i'm aiming for

-daz
Old 27th June 2005, 20:49   #179
Vorak

Yeah, coloring would be cool, I don't think this works yet, I didn't want to try it out incase it messed up the order of my playlist, but can you sort within seperators, or is that something that can be done?
Vorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2005, 15:44   #180
sirebob

I posted this on another thread, then I found this one so I will put it here to make it almost like constructive and ogranized...
is it possible to make the separator not numbered. I dont know why I would think it possible, but it would be nice, although the only way I see doing it would fuck up the requests such as shuffling within separators...example..
1. Where the yellow snow falls
2. Dirty deeds done with sheep
----separator not numbered------
3. Bitchy Woman
4. Who let the gerbil out
sirebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 00:25   #181
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.7
  • Added in matching %artist%, %album%, %year% and %genre% options for the string formatting (so it's easier to read and remember what they are when your create your strings)
  • Updated to my common ini reading code to make my life easier with the code management
  • Checked and updated all buffers/variables to be initialised at all times
  • Added a right-click menu option for setting a current separator to be used as a stopping point in the playlist
  • Added in a %stop% field to do the same as above when a separator is manually entered
    (will show '|| Playback stops here ||' if just separator://?S=%stop% is the added entry)
  • Added in basic colouring support (requires JTFE v0.97R and upwards to be installed - auto disables mode if the required JTFE is not found)
    (This still needs some work to be done to the api in JTFE so it will likely break in the next version)
  • Added in a 'Refresh existing separators' right-click menu option (which will correctly update the separators in place from a nice hack of the Winamp api i found)
  • Tweaked/renamed/adjusted a few of the menus/dialogs as needed to make things more consistant/friendlier
  • Few other little tweaks as per normal...
get v1.7

From messing around with the colouriser stuff in this, i'm going to be updating the colouriser api in jtfe in it's next build so there is a fair chance that you'll have to upgrade this when that happens if you want coloured separators. the reason for that is because i want to just change the text colour without messing with the background colour and the colouriser api at the moment won't let me do that (it's great when i cause myself my own problems ). Plus i need to finish working out a few other things for the add/insert dialog so a 1.8 should be out by the end of the month i hope...

Anyway, i hope this build is an improvement over things (though i've not had a chance to look at that leo's lyrics issue but since that plugin seems to be the cause of a number of other issues i've seen around... need i say more )

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:01   #182
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
Bugreport: if the seperator string is to long and you enable the color option then you see only the last 6 chars from the separator string. anyway - good work!

look at the attached picture to know what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: gif color-option.gif (26.4 KB, 598 views)

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2005, 13:09   #183
DrO

freaky

can you paste you formatting string so i can try and re-produce that issue my end please

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:23   #184
VooDoo`
Major Dude

ok, thats my string:

»»» %t - %a (%y) «««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

o_0
Old 1st August 2005, 13:35   #185
DrO

arh harr

i think i know what the issue is with that since if is use »»» %t - %a (%y) «««««««««« then on my test setup here at work it displays nothing but if i then resize the window from the smallest playlist width by one increment then it shows again so i think my custom drawing in the colouriser api in jtfe is clipping the text incorrectly.

so you'll have to wait for jtfe build #12 for a fix / re-size you playlist window / don't use the colouring options (which isn't ideal).

at least i can now consistantly reproduce this missing text issue so i know a few people will be happy when i get it fixed

-daz
Old 1st August 2005, 13:43   #186
VooDoo`
Major Dude

so i will wait for the new build.
I have also a suggestion, what's about an option to auto add the separators (remove and re-add) if I add a new playlist entry. I often add whole albums to the playlist and such a option would be very nice for this.

o_0
Old 1st August 2005, 13:55   #187
DrO

it's on the todo list already but i need to setup a few more things in jtfe to make that easier to implement in this plugin since i'd rather have just one plugin doing all of the playlist tracking actions instead of multiple ones doing the same thing and slowing winamp down more than is needed since it's quicker to fire off the adding of the separators in that case after a small delay to allow winamp to add the required entries as needed without causing a major slow down as will happen if i check on every playlist modified message that is sent out.

in all honesty i think that would be a feature for when i push the plugin upto a 2.0 status

-daz
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:20   #188
DrO

found and fixed the display issue... looks like a minor code optimisation broke the drawing support in one of the last few jtfe builds so the colouring options with this one will work correctly with the next jtfe build now

-daz
Old 2nd August 2005, 17:02   #189
VooDoo`
Major Dude

jipeee
and were's the download link?

o_0
Old 3rd August 2005, 19:37   #190
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Playlist Separator v1.7
  • Added in matching %artist%, %album%, %year% and %genre% options for the string formatting (so it's easier to read and remember what they are when your create your strings)
  • Updated to my common ini reading code to make my life easier with the code management
  • Checked and updated all buffers/variables to be initialised at all times
  • Added a right-click menu option for setting a current separator to be used as a stopping point in the playlist
  • Added in a %stop% field to do the same as above when a separator is manually entered
    (will show '|| Playback stops here ||' if just separator://?S=%stop% is the added entry)
  • Added in basic colouring support (requires JTFE v0.97R and upwards to be installed - auto disables mode if the required JTFE is not found)
    (This still needs some work to be done to the api in JTFE so it will likely break in the next version)
  • Added in a 'Refresh existing separators' right-click menu option (which will correctly update the separators in place from a nice hack of the Winamp api i found)
  • Tweaked/renamed/adjusted a few of the menus/dialogs as needed to make things more consistant/friendlier
  • Few other little tweaks as per normal...
get v1.7

-daz
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2005, 20:10   #191
DrO

someone missed the sarcasm in voodoo's post i think

-daz
Old 5th August 2005, 17:18   #192
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

1.7 causes a crash if the playlist is empty when a song ends, can anyone reproduce?
Old 5th August 2005, 17:31   #193
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
daz and I were discussing this yesterday, and I experienced a similar crash but could not trace it to anything.

Upon trying your steps, billy, I could crash it with 1.7, but not with this test dll daz provided me with after he analyzed the crash log.

Does it remedy your problem?

I hope daz doesn't mind me throwing it out there for download ... oh well .

jmat
Attached Files
File Type: zip in_text.zip (10.3 KB, 447 views)
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2005, 17:58   #194
DrO

putting up that test 1.7a build is fine

-daz
Old 6th August 2005, 01:00   #195
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

no crash.
Old 6th August 2005, 16:26   #196
DrO

damn pointer bugs (could explain a jtfe issue i've seen as well...) will look at making a few more tweaks before i release as a full version...

-daz
Old 7th August 2005, 23:32   #197
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.8
  • Fixed a random crash bug in a string comparison function
  • Added in an option to pick a random song between separator blocks (since it is random then if you force play a separator it may appear to pick the same entry a number of times but that's random numbers for you!)
  • Fixed support for the recently added stopping and random selection features when using the previous button in the playlist (so all is now acting consistantly)
  • Fixed the 'Stop when reaching this separator' option so that used it will now use the correct filename when checking if it's already been set to be stopped on (was part broken in v1.7)
get v1.8

Plans have been adjust slightly since i'm still debating on the best way to implement the favourites type of feature for the separators (as myrm suggested a while back). Otherwise apart from that, updates to the colouring, the separator entry dialog, the auto-insert mode and probably tweaking the preferences so that they can be language filed... i'm not too sure what else would need to be done with this one (apart from any required bug fixes )

-daz
Old 8th August 2005, 17:23   #198
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

WOOT! i like teh random song feature. is there a way to override WA shuffle? currenlty the feature only works if shuffle is off.

other than that and mrym's multiple separators...i would agree thats the plugin is close to done.

//OT - any ETA on when email will be back up?
Old 9th August 2005, 13:31   #199
DrO

hmm, i thought i'd tested it with shuffle on as well... i'll have to test this in the next day or so since it's too much hassle to try and create a load of dummy test files/folders as needed on this work machine so that i can try it out.

but yeah, i thought you might like the addition in (as well as the official crash bug fix )

-daz
Old 10th August 2005, 09:28   #200
DrO

Playlist Separator v1.81
  • Fixed handling when shuffle is on and the option for picking a random playlist entry between a separator block is turned on as well
  • Fixed the selection code for the random pick mode so that it is now correctly selecting only playlist entries in the separator block
  • Fixed a near fatal lockup when a separator is added to the end of the current playlist and then is attempted to be played
  • Fixed the handling when using the 'previous track' button/action in Winamp so that it now fully matches with the forward/normal play actions
    (this is related to the first and second bug fixes in this release)
get v1.81

Isn't downtime great for getting stuff fixed This should deal with any 1.8 issues now (and as you can see a few that i'd missed initially hence the 1.81 instead of the 1.8a that had been planned for the shuffle on issue)

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion