Old 11th August 2005, 08:10   #201
Stratyon

Couple of things (didn't bother reading through all previous pages so if I'm repeating things just ignore me...)
first the separator seemes to clash with JTFE and disables all highlighting of queued songs. both background colour and text renaming.

Secondly, a request... that I mentioned like years ago :P
can you add a "jump to" option similar to the stop thing? so that when playback reaches a spesific separator playback jumps to the spesified song in the playlist?
for instance could be like this:
separator://?S=%jumpto=56%
or separator://?J=56
to jump to the 56'th song in the playlist.

Wow... that request is almost identical to how I mentioned it before... seemes a whole lot possiblier now doesn't it? ;-)

[edit]Another thing I just noticed... the %album% and those other tags doesn't seem to work with ape and flac files[/edit]

Last edited by Stratyon; 11th August 2005 at 08:40.
Stratyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2005, 08:52   #202
DrO

any issues with the colouring tend to be down to issues in the jtfe plugin (since that's where the support is provided from )

i can't see a 'jump to' request in here something like that is possible since it'd just be an adaption of the random selection code when a separator is played so it is relatively easy to add in i think.

i'd probably go with a %jump=XX% tag on the code and i'd prefer to make it work in the same way %stop% works so that it will work either as an option just on it's own or as part of a ?S= block like the expanded formatting

[edit]
any issuse with tag's is most likely down to the related input plugins for those formats not providing the required interface required in 5.x to easily get such information from the files

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2005, 09:34   #203
Stratyon

Well no it wouldn't be in here. It was ages ago. I don't even remember where I wrote it. Might have been somewhere in the Timeresume & Autoplay or JTFE discussions...

*returns from searching forums*
lol found it...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....65#post1185565
about a year and a half ago :-P

Quote:
i'd probably go with a %jump=XX% tag on the code
Yea that'd be my choice. Would make it easy to use and would be easy to attach to already existing separators.
Stratyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2005, 10:03   #204
DrO

blimey, that is going back a long time

yup that's what i was thinking as well plus it matches in better with the way the code is currently setup for things like the %..% tags. will see what time i can find to work on this over the next few days as such

-daz
Old 13th August 2005, 17:34   #205
5thDementian

FREAKING GENIOUS!!!!!!

I love it. I've got v5.094 and it works flawless (so far).

Man, it makes the playlist look so much cleaner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled-1.jpg (74.5 KB, 720 views)
5thDementian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2005, 01:25   #206
shinobi

Oooh, this plugin looks neat.. but all it does is make my HDD click lots. I think it's on its way out. No big deal.

Still, champeen effort DrO.
shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2005, 01:35   #207
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
well give some system specs, dont just yell "bug" and walk away.

any other plugins installed?

can you reproduce it with steps?
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2005, 10:04   #208
shinobi

I don't think it's a bug, just my HDD. Most of my mp3s are on the new HDD & it takes ages for it to work when I click on "insert seperator between folders".

Specs:
2.4ghz P4
256MB RAM
Windows XP Pro

Plugins:
TomSteady Autogain
DSP Stacker
and the nullsoft SPS.

But yeah, as I said, i'm 99% certain it's just my HDD being ghey.
Old 14th August 2005, 11:49   #209
DrO

shinobi: the 'insert seperator between folders' mode can be slow at times since it has to walk through all entries in the playlist and then on changes with the folder name attempt to get the required information from them. so it can be slow to work and is also not helped that Winamp reacts slowly when adding in multiple entries in place into the current playlist (hence the design feature of the progress dialog)

5thDementian: glad it's working well for you

-daz
Old 17th August 2005, 10:16   #210
shinobi

I finally got it working. After about 5 minutes. Awesome plug-in man, seriously. My playlist looks alot more neater now.

Cheers
Old 26th August 2005, 13:59   #211
DrO

yeah, once it's all setup it does help to make things a lot clearer. if i can ever get the time to work on jtfe then i will be able to do an update on this one to allow for gradiented colouring of the separator entries (the current basic implementation in my internal jtfe works pretty well so far i've found for making things a bit more distinctive )

-daz
Old 28th August 2005, 04:31   #212
Mr_Sako

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Sako
i just correctly name my ID3 tags and have my playlist show songs with this code thing in my preferences

[%artist% - ][%album% - ][%tracknumber% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

the disitictions between artists and albums is easy to tell for me
Mr_Sako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 18:36   #213
mrym

is it just me or the colouriser of separator is not working on wa5.1?
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 12:28   #214
mrym

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
is it just me or the colouriser of separator is not working on wa5.1?
sorry, it's only me...
i don't know why though the highlight is back...
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2005, 13:04   #215
DrO

that's weird

the only thing i can think of is that maybe something in jtfe didn't initialise correctly though i'm really not sure why that would happen since i've not had it fail under heavy testing. at least it's working again

-daz
Old 24th December 2005, 09:13   #216
jxor

lemme just say that this is the GREATEST PLUGIN EVER>>>I WAS SEARCHING FOR THIS FOR AGES..
-----------
umm yea i had errors when i installed jtfe and so the separator color is outta wack..

like all i see is the TRACK number and the rest is blank??

Eg( 176. (SEPARATOR INFO MISSING(Album/artist--->)
jxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 14:29   #217
DrO

i've been trying to get a newer jtfe build out which fixes that issue (along with other jtfe issues) but it's trying to get the time to sort it out which has been lacking unfortunately (and time over the holiday period is limited due to having to work most of it but i'll push to get a fixed build out as soon as i possibly can)

-daz
Old 1st February 2006, 03:31   #218
SHKBOBO

Send a message via AIM to SHKBOBO
Centering?

I don't think this is possible so far so I'd just like to request soemthing.

I understand this is different and probably more difficult but could you add a way to center the separater strings?

I like having it perfectly center so that my separator is like:
| <<===== ALBUM NAME HERE =====>> |
which works well for 1 title but then if I make another that has a shorter string it ends up like
| <<===== A.N. =====>> |
Just would be nice cause I use super high resolution and if they're centered it makes it considerably more easy to identify.
SHKBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2006, 21:25   #219
onkelandy

Well, I have the same prob.. The color-options are totally grayed out. Although I could make them work some time ago.. but now it doesn't work

Quote:
Originally posted by mrym
sorry, it's only me...
i don't know why though the highlight is back...
onkelandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 00:44   #220
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

I have an idea for a Separator feature.

When a separator is played, jump to a random separator. So if a separator is placed before & after each album then when an album ends winamp will jump to another album in the playlst at random. That way Winamp could shuffle full albums.

Best,
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2006, 13:24   #221
DrO

SHKBOBO: as things stand the only way that is possible with the current implementation of the plugin would be for it to remove and re-add the titles against the current playlist editor size. resizing the playlist editor would require the separators to be re-parsed. i'll have to look at any other ways to do what's needed but i don't think the way that the title formatting in winamp would allow something like that to be easily viable (i could be wrong)

onkelandy: make sure you're using a recent dev build of the jtfe plugin since the greyed out controls means that the colouriser api from jtfe is not present. a link to the jtfe dev thread is in my signature and the first post links to the current version available.

Early Devil: nice idea and it isn't too hard to implement in the code as it currently stands. just need to get the time to implement it, heh

-daz
Old 3rd February 2006, 05:12   #222
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

That'll be truly truly great.
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 17:40   #223
AsHopeDies

How about an option that would enable you to add seperators automaticaly to whatever is added to the playlist editor instantly, without the need to press "t" to get seperators to newly added files?
AsHopeDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2006, 16:02   #224
Scott12

Appologies if this is addressed somewhere in the pages of discussion, I browsed it, but didn't read every bit.

2 questions:

What is used to determine the artist? I have a song that has "REM (Ft. Natalie Merchant)" in the artist field (it is the only song in that folder) and the seperator shows "Various Artists". The ID3 is entered correctly (both v1 & v2). The filename is: "01 - REM (Ft. Natalie Merchant) - Photograph.mp3" (same format as all my mp3s).

Is there a way to capitalize the seperators (a UCASE function)? eg, rather than showing "Beatles - 1966 - Revolver", show "BEATLES - 1966 - REVOLVER".

-Scott
Scott12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2006, 16:00   #225
Cadish

Is there a way to center the text?
Cadish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 02:34   #226
starmelt

It'd be hella nice to be able to make the separators appear in bold type, so that it stands out from the rest of the playlist! yeah, that'd be both christmas and birthday simultaneously in my book =)

Or, like Scott12 here suggested, make the separators uppercase - either way is fine!

Thanks for a truly great plugin! Best ever!
starmelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 15:41   #227
DrO

has been a while since i properly did any work on this one but i thought i'd do something since i managed to get my %dir_size% tag implemented (is specific to separator:// entries).

current status of things is that all of the original tags (%a, %t, etc) have now been pulled from the code since there's no point in having them in if i'm now using Winamp's atf support (has been a long time coming). i've also done some internal cleanup so that it now fits in better with 5.x and newer versions (still debating on if there's any point converting this to unicode handling but i'll probably do it at some stage).

i've still got some of the older requests to work through, somethings aren't really viable (like bold or centered separators without more hacks in jtfe assuming it would even work correctly to begin with - centered ones just didn't work in my last attempt ).

not quite sure when i'll put out a new build but response from Egg on the changes to atf seem to indicate that most things are still working correctly so we shall see..

-daz

piccy of what i've been running for a while
Old 2nd September 2006, 20:59   #228
spunch

This is gold. Thank you for creating this.

Is it possible to make the seperators be automatically inserted once you pick something from the Media Library? So I wouldn't have to go back and forth between the ML and the playlist, pressing T all the time...

Has this sort of thing been suggested yet?
Attached Images
File Type: png gold.png (34.5 KB, 425 views)
spunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 21:16   #229
DrO

i've implemented a auto-insert on playlist change option but i've still to finish the other changes needed before i'm happy to release a new build. and yes it's been suggested a few times (just is buried in the thread and some emails/pm's i've had )

-daz
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:01   #230
Benco

Hi DrO !

There's a feature I personnaly would like to see in playlist separator. It's the possibility to have the track playlist number reset to 1 at each separator. Or another possibility, having separators not numbered in the playlist window. I guess it may be not easy, or even not feasible, but don't you think it would be cool ?
Benco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:09   #231
DrO

reseting/stripping out the playlist numbers is not feasible (if possible at all) since the only way i could think of doing it is to modify the jtfe plugin's colouriser support to strip out/adjust the text displayed _but_ i think it would break a number of other aspects of winamp's playlist drawing which would not be a good result. so for the moment i'd highly doubt it will happen (if i get the chance to try it out again then i will but no promises on any count).

-daz
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:24   #232
Benco

Hum, I feared something like that... maybe if something similar to your extended playlist plugin is implemented in Winamp. I remember to have read a post from benski telling that it was on the way, but I'm not sure it was about this...

anyway, thanks for the fast reply
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:00   #233
spunch

benco, depending on how you use Playlist Seperator and how you manage your Media Library, you could get it to work to the effect you are describing.

Go to Preference > Playlist > Uncheck "Show playlist item numbers in Playlist Editor". Then go to Titles > "Advanced title display format" and replace this:
[%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

With this:
[%tracknumber%. ][%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

Note that you wouldn't be able to sort by title in the playlist now, as it sees the title starting with the track number. Also it might get annoying seeing random list of track numbers when you compile a playlist of favorites.

Here is how it might look:
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:03   #234
spunch

Can't edit and attach
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.png (31.2 KB, 449 views)
Old 4th September 2006, 09:48   #235
Benco

spunch : thx for the advice. as you pointed out, there is an issue with using the track tag, but I guess it's the best one can do.

btw, anyone has info about the comeback of the advanced playlist (like in WA3) ? I do remember having read a post from benski about it, but can't find it...
Old 4th September 2006, 11:31   #236
DrO

there wasa post and it was just saying it was on the wishlist still that was all and afaik nothing has been done since there's more important work to be done (and the guy needs to have a life outside of winamp so it's back to it'll be done if it's done approach).

-daz
Old 5th September 2006, 14:27   #237
Benco

DrO : I must have misunderstood, I thought it was a planned feature ("planned" as "planned to be worked on in the near future") . I understand that benski is working hard on winamp, and that he has a life outside. and I have to say I'm pretty impressed by all the new features he added to winamp, that we all thought would never be implemented.

btw, is there a thread or a page where you can know what are planned changes in the next winamp release ?
Old 11th September 2006, 17:06   #238
djsolidsnake86

how i can separate only the firsts folders of my folder music and not all subfolders?
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2006, 22:13   #239
DrO

Playlist Separator v2.0
  • Updated the common code used by the plugin
  • Tweaked the exit handling to follow in_zip's improved implementation
  • Fixed the progress dialog to appear in all cases now (wouldn't always show under certain circumstances)
  • Altered the plugin to use Winamp's IPC_FORMAT_TITLE api so all of Winamp's ATF options should now be available
  • Added in a %dir_size% option for separators to show the size of all supported file formats in the folder the separator relates to
  • Moved the plugin over to using a number of newer Winamp api's where possible inorder to remove menu item conflicts, etc (as could happen occasionally)
  • Reworked some of the separator menu options code to work better (especially on item specific options)
  • Added the ability to specify the string shown for the %stop% variable (when used as ?S=%stop%)
  • Added in previews of the relevant separator strings in the preferences (still need to do it for the alt+3 dialog)
  • Added in the ability to specify 10 customisable presets (available from the right-click playlist editor menu)
  • Added in a 'F6' hotkey to the playlist editor to allow for a quick refresh of all existing separators
  • Added in the ability to have separators automatically added on playlist changes (still experimental)
  • Added the ability to edit the separators from the alt+3 dialog
  • Other miscellaneous changes and code cleanups/improvements that i can't remember
get v2.0

Hopefully i've not broken anything major in this build though some of the quirky bits will need to be checked out. Enjoy

-daz
Old 17th September 2006, 22:58   #240
fisher819

Send a message via Yahoo to fisher819
After i added my songs in the playlist editor, i can't add separators between between my folders unless i do it manually.

help us count :Click here
fisher819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion