Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 15th March 2005, 04:20   #81
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Re: screenshot

nah, nothing to do with gen_b4s2m3u
probably a combo of skinned_prefs and skin_previewer plugins.

Just the added b4s, asx, wpl, etc extensions are as a result of gen_b4s2m3u

Quote:
what happened to the fields/checkboxes for the Winamp Agent, System tray icon, and Maintain file associations?
Try moving winampa.exe out of the Winamp dir...
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 10:09   #82
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
Hmmmm, we'll see...
i needed to check that the code i had running for the skin preview plugin would work correctly with another instance of it in a second plugin (and it does )

as for the second edit Nunz, i don't have the winamp agent installed (no need to since i don't have any of these other invasive media players installed on the ol' girl )

as long as things go to plan (ie i don't get sidetracked when i get home tonight then i want to hopefully get the new build out tonight). then will see if there's any issues and hopefully submit any tweaked version of the build for winamp.com publication (the sooner the better i think if we can have Winamp associated to replace the evil of wmp, etc ) a 1.0 is still some way off but the 0.9.7.x build should mimick Winamp's normal m3u/pls handling correctly which is more than enough for general public consumption i think

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 13:05   #83
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Ahh okay. Very good. Thanks for clarifying. Looking forward to the new release.
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 13:09   #84
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Nunzio390
Looking forward to the new release.
you're not the only one

-daz
Old 15th March 2005, 14:47   #85
JonnyMac

OK, confusion no more. Thanks! Patiently counting down to the new release.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 15:00   #86
DrO

hehe, nice timer smile that
is a bit amusing how almost 2 thirds of the posts in the thread so far are from forum mods (what could that mean... )

-daz
Old 15th March 2005, 15:18   #87
ujay
Forum King

They're all looking forward to the time when they don't have to answer 'How do I play WMA streams in Winamp ?' anymore

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2005, 17:30   #88
DrO

damn you found out the secret plan

hour to go and i should be home and then to start coding (managed to fix a niggly bug at lunch when i popped home to check for a delivery where the extra playlist formats were enqueued in the playlist instead of replacing the playlist when opening via the open playlist option in the playlist - been there for most builds i think but it's gone, gone, gone...) yes i'm bored and would rather be at home right now

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 01:00   #89
DrO

Playlist Loader v0.9.7.0 (formerly known as B4S Playlist Loader)
  • Added in external open/enqueue file handling even when Winamp was not running
  • Added in Bookmark handling support (from library and menus)
  • Added in Advanced ASX file - Protocol rollover support
  • Added in wmx handling (is an asx based format)
  • Fixed the code to enumerate any of the asx based playlists and not just asx as in older builds
  • Implemented file association support for the playlist formats provided by the plugin (set via the filetypes dialog and matches Winamp's own registry handling)
  • Fixed a potential crash on load when the playlist was empty
  • Added in putting the supported urls into the recent url list (on the Open/Add URL dialog(s))
  • Fixed the Open Playlist dialog in the playlist editor not matching Winamp's handling for the added formats
  • Few other code tweaks, etc that i forgot
download pulled until win9x issues are resolved

Test this build hard please as i want to submit it the plugin site for the weekend so that we give people one less reason to use WMP

Possible Future Format Support:
  • mpcpl
  • fpl
  • m3u8
-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 01:10   #90
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

You've got it Darren... downloading now
I will test as much as possible.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 16th March 2005, 01:24   #91
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Hmmm... after installing when going to preferences and clicking on File Types, immediate crash...

WINAMP caused a general protection fault
in module USER.EXE at 001c:000014e5.

This happens nowhere else in in Prefs. Only when clicking to try and access File Types. Uninstalling v0.9.7.0 fixes that problem. Reinstalling causes the same exact error to resurface. Using v0.9.6.0 now and do not have the problem.

Okay. I'll do more checking with v0.9.7.0 and get back to you.

[EDIT]
Gotta reboot the puter now. Whatever happened caused this old box to slow down to the speed of a snail. LOL
Old 16th March 2005, 01:54   #92
ujay
Forum King

Looking good on a quick run through.

Still have the problem with 'All supported types', get pls and m3u but no ASX types, however, WMA show up now.

Another potential problem here are the protocol rollover type, the files I have are extentionless and don't play unless they are renamed with .asx, so presumable won't play off the page.

Done some more checking on one of the problem files I sent earlier. The Shoutcast in asx type doesn't play if the content is a stream name but does if the content is a pls file.

I'll look for your comments in a bit but it's getting late and might hit the sack shortly.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 01:54   #93
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Hey Darren...

Back online now. I won't test any further though since this is a major problem. Let's address this first.

Perhaps a Win9X issue only, since UJ appears to be able to access File Types, whereas if I even CLICK on File Types, immediate crash.

This one is a major prob though. Plugin is effectively unusable with this, even if it does work properly in all other regards. Gotta be able to access File Types in Winamp preferences without crashing. That's a given.
Old 16th March 2005, 02:03   #94
DrO

UJ: i'll add in some debug output for the open file dialog issue to be able to see what's going on. With the shoutcast/asx thing, do you have a link to the asx file i can look at?

Nunz: try the attached test build (it will show messageboxes at different stages so i can work out roughly what part of the code is at fault) though not all will appear depending on the page viewed (the first 3 show in all cases). my thought is that it's something weird that only shows up on 9x based systems (and my virtual win98 install is borked at the moment so i can't try myself)

* Got Window
* Pre Query Tree
* Post Query Tree
* Pre Subclass
* Post Subclass
* Pre Add to List
* Post Add to List
* Done Adding to List

[edit]
Need to sleep now, but i'll check this asap in the morning, night

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (29.2 KB, 350 views)
Old 16th March 2005, 02:18   #95
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Okay. Downloaded and tested...

* Got Window - ok
* Pre Query Tree - ok
* Post Query Tree - ok
* Pre Subclass - ok
* Post Subclass - ok
* Pre Add to List - ok
* Post Add to List - ok

* Done Adding to List - never shows up. Instead a very quick and immediate shutdown of Winamp with no warning or error at all. Happens consistently.

Now, something I noticed when mapping that I couldn't before...

Before, the moment I clicked on File Types - immediate crash (with error message). No display of the File Types dialog box at all.

Now, it displays File Types dialog box in it's entirety before quick shutdown (when mapping).
Old 16th March 2005, 02:28   #96
DrO

that's helped me a lot, give this one a go (if my guess is right then it should narrow it down to one function i use for querying the registry). now i am hitting the sack

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip test2.zip (29.1 KB, 310 views)
Old 16th March 2005, 02:31   #97
G the K

Send a message via Yahoo to G the K
I was looking forward to using this but I can't as long as it crashes. Is that attachment somehow meant to replace the file types dialog already in there or what?
G the K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 02:33   #98
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

LOL. I thought you were in bed by now.
Okay. Downloaded. Will test in a bit.

[EDIT]

Okay. Almost the same but instead of the quick shutdown with no error, the error is there again...

* Got Window - ok
* Pre Query Tree - ok
* Post Query Tree - ok
* Pre Subclass - ok
* Post Subclass - ok
* Pre Add to List - ok
* Post Add to List - ok

* Done Adding to List - never shows up. Then...

WINAMP caused a general protection fault
in module USER.EXE at 001c:000014e5.
Old 16th March 2005, 02:48   #99
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
Originally posted by G the K
Is that attachment somehow meant to replace the file types dialog already in there or what?
@ G the K...
No. I think it maps each step of what happens when windows open in prefs in order to track and help DrO debug the problem.

You can download/try it too if you are running Win95/98 in order to help DrO narrow down the Win9X problem. You most likely do not have Win95 but instead Win98, so there could be differences and your input could be helpful.

You'll need to place both these files that are unzipped into your Winamp\Plugins folder (make sure Winamp is closed first of course)...

gen_b4s2m3u.dll (the actual plugin)
gen_b4s2m3u.map (the mapper)
Old 16th March 2005, 04:02   #100
G the K

I must've done something wrong. Forgive my ineptitude. I unzipped the files in the folder and said I wanted to replace the files already there. Then I couldn't open up Preferences. What did I do wrong?
Old 16th March 2005, 05:12   #101
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
[B][SIZE=3]Test this build hard please as i want to submit it the plugin site for the weekend so that we give people one less reason to use WMP
lol, no doubt. This plugin is awsome. Great work man!
I really like how it works with streams, incredible.

One thing I noticed, with the test build, it now supports .wpl files to be bookmarked, but when I use right click menu option to select a boomark, it loads the .wpl playlists backwards. works perfect if I click the actual bookmark in the bookmarks window.
net-cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2005, 09:29   #102
DrO

net-cruizer: can you post that wpl file and then i can check it my end

Nunz: the .map file is just to do with debugging if the issue is a crash in the actual plugin (just effectively a text file with a load of offsets and isn't used), just to clarify things. in both of the test builds everything being tested is done in the plugin. i only include the .map file in there so i know that i've got a backup of the file offsets, etc for that exact build just incase

everyone: thanks for trying both builds out. the second build proved my idea part wrong it seems (thought it may have been related to the registry code but now i've had some sleep, the fact the plugin initially loads correctly rules that out, doh!) i'll be getting my win98 machine up and running for tonight and will have a look at things myself (have a horrible feeling it's something really bloody simple as well looking at the code in the troublesome block between the last two checks ) hopefully it'll be sorted and a new OS working build will be available tonight *fingers crossed*

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 10:34   #103
net-cruizer

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
net-cruizer: can you post that wpl file and then i can check it my end
If I use the "Open" button and browse to the playlist (.wpl) file, and open it, the playlist loads perfect, also when bookmarked it opens perfect if clicked in the bookmarks window in the Media Library.
It only loads backwarks when I use the menu to select that bookmark. When I say backawards, I mean alphabeticly, as in Z to A instead of A to Z.
And it only happens with the .wpl files. Winamp playlist files that I have bookmarked have always opened the right way no matter where I open them from.

<?wpl version="1.0"?>
<smil>
<head>
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Windows Media Player -- 10.0.0.3802"/>
<title>Music Vidz</title>
</head>
<body>
<seq>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Avril Lavigne - Dont Tell Me.mpeg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up.mpg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Eminem - Just Lose It.mpeg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Evanescence - My Immortal.mpeg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For.mpeg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Lacuna Coil - Heavens A Lie.mpeg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Lacuna Coil - Swamped.mpg"/>
<media src="..\..\My Videos\Music Videos\Seether - Broken.mpeg"/>
</seq>
</body>
</smil>

Forum wouldn't allow me to attach the actual file, lol.
Old 16th March 2005, 10:47   #104
DrO

that's strange but anything's possible since the code that adds in the bookmarks is different from the ml version (which is the external enqueue handling). it's probably that i've got the initial index done wrong or something silly. i'll check it out with your test file later (and it's good to see someone finally saying they use the wpl support )

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 13:21   #105
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
Originally posted by G the K
I unzipped the files in the folder and said I wanted to replace the files already there. Then I couldn't open up Preferences. What did I do wrong?
The only thing you did wrong was not first back up the working 0.9.6.0 plugin, by perhaps renaming it to gen_b4s2m3u.dll.bak or something similar, before trying DrO's test build. That way you wouldn't have been asked to replace the file already there, and can always rename it back without having to replace it with a working version.
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
Nunz: the .map file is just to do with debugging if the issue is a crash in the actual plugin (just effectively a text file with a load of offsets and isn't used), just to clarify things. in both of the test builds everything being tested is done in the plugin.
Aahh. Well that shows you how much I know about this type of stuff. Hey! But it was a pretty good guess! So, the .map file isn't even needed. I assumed it was when you included it in the ZIP file. You tricked me, Darren.

Okay... I'll just hang in until you look at it on your Win98 box tonight.

btw... I find it a little strange that G the K couldn't even open up preferences but still did not report getting any debug message boxes to appear at all, and did not report any crash.

Another thing... assuming he's using Win98 and not 95 (but he never said), is that Winamp is not crashing for him as it is with me. In his case preferences just isn't opening using 98.

So I dunno Darren...
Maybe consider that too when you test on Win98 tonight.
Old 16th March 2005, 13:31   #106
DrO

Egg has a Win98 box and was getting the same issue as you were (just the offset was slightly different due to it being a different effective build of the user.exe).

i'm not too sure what's going on with G the K's attempt to be honest. as for the whole 9x issue, it's a bit of a shit really since otherwise the whole of the build is a lot better (even had a new webapge for the plugin ready to go as well but that's now going to have to wait until i fix the compatibility issue )

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 13:43   #107
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Ahhh.. Okay. Egg gets the same crash issue I get in 95 with 98. At least that confirms it's a Win9X issue. Perhaps G the K misreported what was happening. I'll have to assume he did.

Hey Darren...
Don't get depressed! You'll work it out. I have faith in you. That new web page will be ready for upload in a snap.
Old 16th March 2005, 13:49   #108
DrO

heh, smiling already considering the mini hype over the new build, i'd hoped for it to go pretty well so that it'd only be a few minor fixes and then things could be submitted. i just really hope it's something silly and stupid causing the issue since i know the code in there works fine on 9x since the skin previewer works correctly. my guess is it's down to a dodgy message or something like that which is being sent in the failing block (which would match up with a user gpf). anyway, i've got to fix it otherwise one of my best beta testers won't be able to help test things out for me (and everyone else )

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 14:37   #109
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, die Win9x, die!

Oh wait, it already did. So why the hell are people still using it?

hehe j/k

Aye, it's a crying shame, 'cos the plugin works beautifully on Win2k/XP.

*fingers crossed* it's something simple, heh.
Old 16th March 2005, 14:58   #110
G the K

I have 98SE. The first time I used the now PL Loader it crashed when I opened Prefs. I'm going to back up my current b4s as has been stated and load the files in th .zip and see what happens then.
Old 16th March 2005, 15:15   #111
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

All Win9x users should stick with v0.9.6.0 until the matter is resolved:
http://nunzioweb.com/daz/files/Playl...r_v0_9_6_0.exe

All Win2k/XP users who managed to get v0.9.7.0 before DrO took it down . . . enjoy!

Though the test builds above will still work ok on Win2k/XP, but you'll have to put up with those error test boxes, heh.
Old 16th March 2005, 15:20   #112
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Quote:
All Win2k/XP users who managed to get v0.9.7.0 before DrO took it down . . . enjoy!
Or just grab it from DrO's sig (v0.9.7.0 is still there - LOL)
Old 16th March 2005, 15:58   #113
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Old 16th March 2005, 17:53   #114
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

woot, it's fixed
Old 16th March 2005, 17:56   #115
DrO

hehe, Egg is happy. try the test build 3 attached which is the same as what Egg has tested

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: zip test3.zip (28.8 KB, 323 views)
Old 16th March 2005, 18:25   #116
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

wh00t !! It's working! Me is happy too !!

And now that I have b4s, asx, wax, wvx, wmx and wpl within the list of supported File Types, I'll actually add them, try and grab ahold of some playlists of each format, and then test.

Does anybody actually have any of the proprietary formats with working links so I don't have to go "fishing" online for them? If so, ZIP a few up and attach here. It's impossible to test the WPL file that net-cruizer posted above, since it points to local files which I assume are on his puter. I need some playlist files to test that have actual working links to streaming media online.

@ Darren...

Methinks that you can upload this build and edit the Playlist Loader v0.9.7.0 post again to offer the download instead of "download pulled until win9x issues are resolved".

Methinks that you can also fix your sig again to offer the download. The ridiculous custom 404 error page won't show up that way. Hmmmm... methinks maybe I should devote time to editing .htaccess to allow for custom 404 pages for you and Jonas/siebe. My wacky one isn't quite fitting.
Old 16th March 2005, 18:30   #117
DrO

yay, success

i'll be putting up a 0.9.7.0 Mk II in a bit with some debugging code, etc for looking at ujay's issue and then we can be all fine from there on i hope

and it was a simple thing as i'd guessed (was that i was sending a message to replicate an action that wasn't needed and was left over from when i was trying to initially make Winamp do the associations before i dropped it and did it all myself).

thanks for the confirmation on it working now!

-daz
Old 16th March 2005, 18:45   #118
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Yeah. I can confirm it's working without generating errors any longer but I still wanna test further as I posted above...
Quote:
Does anybody actually have any of the proprietary formats with working links so I don't have to go "fishing" online for them? If so, ZIP a few up and attach here. It's impossible to test the WPL file that net-cruizer posted above, since it points to local files which I assume are on his puter. I need some playlist files to test that have actual working links to streaming media online.
Old 16th March 2005, 19:39   #119
net-cruizer

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually the playlist file I submitted wouldn't be any different than anyone elses WMP playlist.
Like all ya would have to do, is select a few music files of your own, right click and pick "Add to now playing list" for WMP that is, then in WMP, save the playlist.
Then once a playlist is created, add it to Winamp bookmarks. Try opening the playlist from Winamp's open button, then do an open from the bookmark window, then try opening from the Winamp bookmark menu.
I bookmark all my playlists so that they're accessable while Winamp is minimized. And doing it that way is the only way the .wpl opens backwards. They work perfect every other way.
Old 16th March 2005, 20:58   #120
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Yes, I understand what you're saying but I wasn't really looking to specifically test the one file. LOL.

DrO would do that, and then troubleshoot it. I was looking to quickly load-n-test a bunch of proprietary playlist formats to ensure that the latest v0.9.7.0 is working okay. The best way is with a bunch of different playlist formats already referincing online sources.

Anyway, although you couldn't pay me enough $$$ to open WiMP and save anything through it, I did test the file you posted above, simply by editing it and substituting locations of local files on my HD, along with file sources located online at my site. This is what you said above...
Quote:
Originally posted by net-cruizer
One thing I noticed, with the test build, it now supports .wpl files to be bookmarked, but when I use right click menu option to select a boomark, it loads the .wpl playlists backwards. works perfect if I click the actual bookmark in the bookmarks window.
Same thing happened to me. When I tried, I got the same results you mentioned.

It's easy enough though to just "Sort list > reverse list" in the playlist editor, but so that does not have to be done, maybe Darren will look at it and then correct it.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion