Old 11th May 2005, 11:25   #1
-SPM-Mad

Deleting/Moving files physically per Hotkey

Hello,
First I have to add as usual an excuse for my poor english

I'm a big fan of the winamp media library and the global hotkeys. Usually I'm playing games or working and do not want/can't use the mouse, so I use global hotkeys. I rate most of my songs... right now I'm using the single * rating for songs that really get on my nerves and that I will remove from my disk. **-rating is for songs/file that are funny or special, things I listen to in very special situations. And five * are for the best songs I have, also somekind of special rating. That only leaves three and four * to rate the rest of my songs

I thought it would be great if I can delete or move files to a certain directory per hotkey. So I would have one more rating option to use for my songs.

Is there a plugin capable of that? Or, can I add my own functions to the global hotkeys? I could develop myself an applications that takes care of moving the files, it just has to be able to know what song Winamp is currently playing (Are there APIs for Winamp?)

Greetings,
-SPM-Mad
-SPM-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2005, 11:57   #2
The Cool Dude

u can edit global hotkeys by pressing Ctrl+P but i dont know f it'll help u for this.
btw u english is better than micwiththestick's.

The Cool Dude - a bit too cool
The Windows 2000 skin
Attribs Maker
The Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 23:47   #3
-SPM-Mad

U is a letter and not a word. There is a difference if someone can't speak english very well and someone not trying to speak propper english.

Anyway, I made my own solution: I added a hotkey to copy the file-path into the clipboard. This hotkey is also recognized by a tool I made which simply can copy the filepath from the clipboard and delete/move the file for me.

Greetings
-SPM-Mad
Old 17th May 2005, 00:12   #4
shinobi

Quote:
Originally posted by -SPM-Mad
U is a letter and not a word. There is a difference if someone can't speak english very well and someone not trying to speak propper english.
pwndkthnx!

What tool is this you speak of? It sounds interesting & i've been meaning to find one like it.
shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 00:22   #5
-SPM-Mad

Selfmade tool, sorry.
Old 17th May 2005, 08:46   #6
The Cool Dude

OK so for Greek speaker:
YOU can edit global hotkeys by pressing Ctrl+P but I dont know if it will help u for this.
By the way your english is better than micwiththestick's.

The Windows 2000 skin
Attribs Maker
Old 17th May 2005, 10:35   #7
-SPM-Mad

Heh sorry. But there is really not much of a difference to type two more letters. Anyway, pressing Ctrl+P brings up the preferences dialoge. And I have seen that before >.>

There is no command like 'Kill file physically' which I could assign to a Hotkey. But as I said there is the 'Copy file Path' which I'm using.

The tool is pretty messy and has almost no GUI. If some people are really interested I could clean it a little and post the VB-sourcecode. But no binarys.

Greetings
-SPM-Mad
Old 12th June 2005, 13:11   #8
Stupendous Man

Re: Deleting/Moving files physically per Hotkey

Quote:
Originally posted by -SPM-Mad
I thought it would be great if I can delete or move files to a certain directory per hotkey. So I would have one more rating option to use for my songs.
I really wonder why this function hasn't been added to Winamp long ago? What if you have downloaded large quantities of music files overnight per streamripper and the next day you want to separate the good from the bad ones. Winamp has no adequate solution for this user profile and the few plugins available didn't work properly with me for various reasons.
Stupendous Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2005, 13:20   #9
The Cool Dude

are the rating stored in stodio.xnf? if yes then it is posible.

The Windows 2000 skin
Attribs Maker
Old 12th June 2005, 14:42   #10
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....86#post1583086

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion