Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 30th December 2005, 20:19   #361
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
Uhhh, umm... Ok...
So I guess I need to cut it out from there(?), make sure it's 7x7pixels and title it... block.bmp(?) and give it the correct colour and then add it to the .zip file?

Sorry for hogging the thread, but all the rest are probably just waiting for the next build. :P

YtseJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2005, 20:25   #362
DrO

the 7x7 block is placed at 113,59 so if need be just take a 7x7 block from that starting point and copy it to the 7x7 block on your skin's gen.bmp that i highlighted in white in the attached gen.bmp

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2005, 20:56   #363
YtseJam
Forum King

Wow man, adding this was damn diffecult!
Skinning is a bitch. Kudos to all skinners out there, argh.

Old 30th December 2005, 21:02   #364
e144539

Send a message via ICQ to e144539 Send a message via AIM to e144539
I suppose you're right about going open source. It only seems to help really large projects, that a lot of people care about, like Open Office, or Mozilla.
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug.zip (18.2 KB, 430 views)
e144539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2006, 23:59   #365
tracked

Hi
I dont know if this bug has been meantioned in this thread i did notice that something similar has been marked as fixed from
Jump to File Extra v0.97 R (Build 6a)
Fixed the DEP crash issue on XP sp2 machines (problem was the language file loader)

However I'm using the latest version build 12.
and winamp can't load the plugin unless i add winamp to the
DEP allowed list.

I'm using Win XP pro sp2 with full DEP enabled
I'm using the newest winamp version (5.12), tried full and lite none worked.
i dont have any plugins loaded. it's a default installation.
if you need any more info from me just let me know i'd be happy to help.
tracked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2006, 16:06   #366
Mf

My tuppence

Two things I would like to see:

1. Double clicking on an item in the enqueue list doing something (I would suggest playing the song but moving it to the top might be preferred)

2. The 'enqueue' button (and also the 'play' button) in the media library being altered so as to add the item to the enqueue list (or enqueue and play in the case of the play button).

Cheers

Mf
Mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 01:23   #367
onkelandy

Hi!
Don't know if it's been posted already.. There is some bug existing that only gets into play when other Media Library Extensions are in use, for example Album List.

The bug appears when enabling the JTFE into the Media Library (which is a great feature). After that all other views under the JTFE become useless or also made into the "enqueue"-view.

The first time I switch the JTFE into the ML it works, but after a restart the Album List gets listed below the JTFE and that's where the problem starts.

Probably it will get clearer when you look at the screenshot ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg libraryproblem.jpg (44.3 KB, 426 views)
onkelandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2006, 01:26   #368
DrO

is a known bug and will be fixed in the next build (was missed out from build 12 due to time constraints)

-daz
Old 5th January 2006, 19:34   #369
Mf

weird behaviour

I get a lot of erratic behaviour when using the 'send to' from the media library. When I use the 'recently added' bit of the ML, I select a range of files (selecting one and then shift-clicking the end of the list) I right click, do 'send to enqueue' and the enqueue list has different songs added than the ones I chose, often only 3 songs when I select more than that (around 20). It tends to add the ones from the top of my currently loaded playlist.

Even more bizarrely, it then actually plays different songs from either those in the enqueue list or those I selected from the ML! Each time I press track advance on the player the top song disappears off the top of the enqueue list but it plays a different song entirely. It's like winamp ignores the enqueue list entries

Very odd.

It also crashed while it was doing something like this - debug file attached.

Running winamp 5.12, win98se, jtfe build 12

It is reproducable when trying to sendto:enqueue mulitple files that aren't in the current playlist - it enqueues the first song you choose but then just adds songs from the playlist instead of those you chose. The songs added from the playlist then seem to be ignored by winamp.

Mf
Old 5th January 2006, 19:39   #370
Mf

trying to attach log file again...
Attached Files
File Type: txt debugdmp.txt (7.2 KB, 457 views)
Old 8th January 2006, 10:56   #371
k_kolev1985

HI DrO,

When can we expect a up-to-date language file template?

Sorry if my english is bad, but I think it is better to have something than nothing. SpeechLab 2.0. JAWS for Windows. ABBYY FineReader. LAME encoder. The GodFather (audio file manager).
k_kolev1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 13:37   #372
DrO

i can't say at the moment since i need to find the time to sort through it all along with some re-designing of the preferences since it's a mess with all of the new options which i'd prefer to sort out before i update the language file format

-daz
Old 13th January 2006, 19:15   #373
upsfeup

Ow!!

I've beeing using JTFE and I can't live without it! And now I tried the new version and anxious to try all the new features!

But actually the reason I went searching for the new version were a few suggestions that I wondered if they were already implemented. After searching and trying a bit I can't seem to find them.

- Option to show playlist entry number in file search.
- Option to jump to file without playing. (Only to find it on the playlist) ... I think it was already asked somewhere...

By the way, is there a help page about all tagz and functions that are supported by winamp. I can't really find it
It could be a work around for the first suggestion if winamp supported the %_playlist_number% ...

Anyhow! Great job and thanks.
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 19:26   #374
DrO

"Option to jump to file without playing." > press space on a selected track in the jump to file list or right click and select 'show entry in playlist'

the playlist entry number should be feasible to add in either as a jtfe only tag or via the atf support i believe (is something i'd need to look into before i can say for certain)

with the tagz and functions, i believe a better help listing for it should come in one of the next version or two since as benski has posted in a few places now, he's enabled/tweaked a few aspects of the tagz support

-daz
Old 13th January 2006, 19:58   #375
upsfeup

Hey! that was fast! I guess that I did't check the right click .. and I'm starting to love the space bar!

Thanks again and great job!

One more happy custumer!
upsfeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2006, 12:34   #376
Logy

just curiosity....
future planning for publish (officially)... shipping with Winamp 5.1x or Winamp 5.2x...

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2006, 21:05   #377
DrO

the way it's currently going 0.96f* will be the lastest version that's bundled with winamp for the forseeable future since the dev builds aren't stable enough and i'm not submitting a build that i'm not happy with into the distribution

-daz
Old 14th January 2006, 22:15   #378
DrO

on a plus note, i spent most of last night and a few hours tonight trying to track down the reason for the few DEP related posts that have appeared despite the fixed version (0.96fg by benski) and my builds...

... and success at fecking last!! with a vmware XP Pro SP2 machine setup at last (been meaning to do it for the last year)

http://www.codeproject.com/tips/aggr...sp#xx1274402xx is the magic piece of information. downside of ditching that is slightly larger compiled dlls. plus side is that once i've sorted through the jtfe project (since i'm using this as a reason to clean things up a bit more) then jtfe will finally be DEP compatible.

other downsides are a) see post above b) i have to near enough re-build every plugin i've released to deal with the few people who have DEP enabled for the whole of the OS (damn j00!! ) so expect (finally i think) an updated plugin pack and a large update on my releases page, heh

-daz
Old 28th January 2006, 14:20   #379
DrO

I'm going to regret this but...

... i'm aiming to push for a jtfe build for 5.2. yes, i'm making an insane statement (especially considering the workload i'm under between my real job and other projects, etc) but that's part of the challenge or something like that

Build 13 will ship tomorrow, the main things are the DEP fix, code validation to ensure all variables, etc are initialised (this may or may not fix some of the weird and wonderful random crashes that seem to have plagued the dev builds), fixes to the ml mode integration (i've fixed the crap this caused to other plugins), re-fixed multi-user support, streamlining of certain areas of the code especially with loading playlists into the queue (should be a bit faster especially for large playlists) and a few other things (dependant on time). Basically it should be a stable base to work on (again) to get things to a releasable state.

Once build 13 ships, please please please test it as much as you can especially against how things worked with 0.96ff/fg. There's five issues that i'm fully aware of:
  • move after current on multiple selections
  • part of the optimised search handling is borked but i hope to fix that for b13 as well)
  • external enqueue/ml enqueue handling is screwy and that code will be overhauled (which i promised to do for jmat ages ago)
  • language file support isn't there and the prefs need to be overhauled
  • and finally i need to finish the foreign character search handling
Most of the current features are remaining in the plugin as it stands, a few aspects are going to be dropped or released in a reduced form, basically if it isn't working fully/usably then i'm not happy to push it through for a distribuition release. And you have Egg to thank/blame for this since he twisted my arm on it

-daz
Old 29th January 2006, 04:11   #380
Chris Diack

Re: I'm going to regret this but...

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
... i'm aiming to push for a jtfe build for 5.2. yes, i'm making an insane statement (especially considering the workload i'm under between my real job and other projects, etc) but that's part of the challenge or something like that

Build 13 will ship tomorrow, the main things are the DEP fix... ...and a few other things (dependant on time). etc., etc.
-daz
Dare we ask... is "Play at Time" one of those few "other" things Darren?

Chris in New Zealand
Chris Diack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 18:45   #381
alexbarb

Hi. DrO!

Is it right when option "Remove file from queue on "Alt+click" if already in the queue list" is set I can remove files from the queue on "Q" button?
alexbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 18:47   #382
DrO

yes that's correct.
that option needs to be renamed when i get around to updating the language file format since it's not been the best description for the last year or two

-daz
Old 30th January 2006, 01:58   #383
DrO

Build 13 is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------

DEP issues have finally gone at bloody last! Makes a #13 as the build number seem fitting, hehe. Please verify that things are still working correctly or if anything (apart from what i've posted a few posts up) is broken then i need a full and concise breakdown of crash reports, actions, etc since if i'm aiming for a build to ship with the Winamp distro, i need to be at least on a par but hopefully higher than the 0.96ff/fg build. Enjoy

-daz
Old 30th January 2006, 02:25   #384
Rfire

I just want to report that Build 13 is MUUUCH faster than Build 12 and even 0.96fg. With Build 12 and 0.96fg it took about 2-3 seconds to type each letter into the search field, but now it's instant. Good job.

CPU usage would spike to 100% the entire time while I typed in the text box with Build 12 and prior but now it goes up to, at the most, 70%.

(Yea, I use a large playlist, over 14,000 items).
Rfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 07:24   #385
YtseJam
Forum King

Using build 13 and Winamp 5.2 beta build 359.
There appears to be missing tab focus when first opening the JTFE preferences window. See screen shot.

This is of course nothing major, but I suppose that it should be address regardless...

Old 30th January 2006, 14:27   #386
TazDevil

DrO
i was hoping that by b13 you would be kind enough to fix a small annoying "bug" i have been having for so long...
And it is not that difficult to trace and fix, as i have detailed the procedure to follow in order to reproduce it

I have posted the issue here
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....12#post1773312
so PLEASE take it into account before releasing b14.

THANKS in advance.

regards,
ioannis

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Crystal Classic Skins v1.1 | Download | transparency effects for classic skins
TazDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 20:45   #387
amano
Major Dude

Would bundling this with the current beta builds lead to more widespread testing than releasing it separately? otherwise just us JTFE afficionados will test it.

As far as I can tell no problems with my usual JTF behaviour. Good job DrO. (as usual).

The ML integration is disabled by default. is this expected behaviour?

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2006, 20:57   #388
DrO

Rfire: that's really good to hear since i didn't really tweak that code too much, seems like i tweaked it enough though

YtseJam: that's working the same as the other preference pages do and is what i had aimed for since the common code i use for the preferences could cause a lockup under rare conditions with the old handling of the preferences.

TazDevil: i've got someone who has a bug which seems to be the same as yours (just it manifests itself in a slightly different way but gives the same result)

amano: i need to make it a bit more 'user friendly' with all of the prefs options, etc before i'd go with inclusion in the main winamp beta.

yeah, the ml integration is off by default since it's not feature complete/user friendly enough for enabled by default

-daz
Old 31st January 2006, 01:03   #389
DrO

Build 13b is out:: release info

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping this fixes your issue ioannis since i now can't reproduce it or another issue where the window would appear to go winshaded but instead had just been moved down to look like it was. I'm hoping that this will work correctly since i've not had a second confirmation apart from my tests.

-daz
Old 31st January 2006, 10:41   #390
niktheguru

Only one thing annoys me, the fact that after i install it my whole playlist gets wiped!! (and i keep forgetting this....and losing my playlist ) is there any way we can stop this in future?

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 10:43   #391
DrO

it's never cleared the playlist for me since there's no code to do that so i'm not sure what's going on...

-daz
Old 31st January 2006, 11:20   #392
Mouser X

I've never had that problem either (that I remember). However, there is something that I noticed (with build 12, I haven't installed 13b yet). In build 11, there was a "Show selected in playlist" feature (or something like that). It was gone in build 12. That feature was heavily used by me (more than the enqueing feature, actually). Hopefully, if it isn't in build 13b, it will be included in the "official" release. I definatly miss that feature...

Anyway, that's all I have to say about it so far (I might have more to say later, but I'll need to install/test it first to find out). Mouser X out.
Mouser X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 11:29   #393
DrO

mouser: that hasn't been removed from any of the versions since it was added in. if you can verfiy with 13b if it is or isn't then that would be great (will be able to sort things out better with you later on irc if it's still not working).

-daz
Old 31st January 2006, 12:28   #394
TazDevil

Hehe a special build for me, Thanks i am so honored
I was actually hoping that the issue would be fixed in the previous build with the variable validation checks and all, that is why i got so puzzled...

With 13b, i can confirm that i finally cannot reproduce the reported issue

Although i have just found another small issue that is related... that will also move window upwords.

1. I have DL open (again attached to the bottom but expanded (not windowshaded))
2. Then i open JTFE and i windowshade it
3. Then close winamp (exit)
4. open winamp and the DL window is collupsed and move upwards.
(if winamp is closed with JTFE expanded there is no problem)

so there is a confilct between the two windows on showing if JTFE is windowshaded and the other is not.

I would like someone to clarify to me what this option does
"Restore last position of the dialog on opening"
because whether it is on or off when i reopen the window it is at the same place as before (as to the location), and to mode (regarding windowshade)

Could you also work out with Jonas a way to skin the scrollbars as well, when JTFE dialog is skinned? he has managed to work it out for DL, because it is the only thing not being skinned in JTFE dialog...

ioannis

NEW Multiple Output Plugin v1.5 | Download | outputs data to one or more audio/file output devices
Old 31st January 2006, 13:17   #395
DrO

heh, well it's not solely for you since i'd been pestered about it for a while by someone else (who helped to fix some of the winshade bugs in the last round of fixes i made to the code).

i'll have a check out of the new issue though i was finding the few versions of DL i tried wouldn't take on the winshade action for my install so i'm going to check that out as well.
the reason it wasn't fixed in the variable validation checks is because it's related to Winamp and the gen windows handling of WM_ACTIVATEAPP which causes with the code a few WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING messages without the relevant flags to block the window being moved. The fix in place will now add the required style once WM_ACTIVATEAPP is received and will remove it as soon as any mouse click actions are detected which could also fix some of the issues with the gen windows moving around on resolution change (not tested that out so i'm not 100% on that).

i'm aware of the coolscrollbar code though it's limitation to only being effective for 2k/XP+ has made me hold back on adding it into the code but i'm going to do a bit more into seeing how winamp works around it. also i've got a few other changes to make so that when in skinned mode the relevant controls will take on the correct skinned frames (basically i need to remove the client edge style for it to work).
Old 31st January 2006, 13:44   #396
mrym

Re: I'm going to regret this but...

build 13 is stable and the load playlist into queue is much faster than the previous build.
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
  • and finally i need to finish the foreign character search handling
i guessed the cause of the problem that jtfe can't handle foreign character search correctly is special search function something like 'replace', 'ignore', 'guessing' certain letter.

i searched through a development log to find when those features were implemented.
here is a result.

* Jump to File Extra v0.97 R (Build 11)
  • Added option to ignore apostrophes (') in the search
  • Re-coded the JTFE search function again to see if Extended characters are now handled correctly again (appeared to be broken in the last 2 builds or so)
  • Implemented wildcard supprt in the search (use an asterisk * to do this though if you enter a single asterisk just as the search then the search will not be a wildcard search)
* Jump to File Extra v0.97 R (Build 9e)
  • Added in the ability for . (dot) to be ignored when searching on the jump to file window (option is off by default)
* Jump to File Extra v0.97 R (Build 9b)
  • Fixed a bug in the new search function code where it wasn't creating the lower case value correctly and so could cause some incorrect search results
* Jump to File Extra v0.97 R (Build 9)
  • Adjusted the custom search function to hopefully search case-insensitively for extended characters
then i clean-installed and tested builds that were made between relevant changes. (i.e. tested b11 then tested b10 and so on... test enviroment is xp home sp2, clean-installed wa 5.12)

as a consequence, the foreign search was broken on build 9. (build 8 works like a charm.)

i know some people want those special search function and you don't have much spare time and i'm not sure my guess is right...but, is it possible to make a test build that removed special search features?
mrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2006, 13:54   #397
DrO

with build 9 i took over control of the search comparison function and it's the implementation used for that which is the issue, not having/fully following multi-byte languages isn't a good start. i'll be talking to benski a bit about this since he's the man who knows about this stuff now (i was going to implement the same implementation as DL does from a long ago conversation with Joonas but i'm nit sure if that's the best way considering what has been changed in Winamp of late).

either b14 or b15 will/should have that handling completed with all of the extra features in place since if i remember correctly it was just multi-byte sequences which it messes up on.

Quote:
the load playlist into queue is much faster than the previous build
it should be since it's processed on the fly now instead of read and then process plus i've been working through and updating it to use proper the faster 5.x apis over the standard ones that will work on all 2.x+ versions where possible there's still a fair bit more that i can look at to optimise on it's speed i think (and to fix a few issues as well at the same time)

-daz
Old 31st January 2006, 15:22   #398
TazDevil

Hmm since you will be working on the search comparison function to implement multi-byte support, i think it is the best time would like to remind you this small request i have had since long ago, regarding searching for strings that have characters which acsents... which will help non-english language searching to be made more efficient to the user.

the specific characters can be set-up by the user just like in DL, (sorry to bother you so much with DL but it is the feature i love the most about that plugin, that i can search greek strings regurdless of acsents)

the relating post is here
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....47#post1632147

i know it is in your todo list, that is why i am reminding you (hehe)

keepup the good work and thanks for the quick fix
ioannis

Old 31st January 2006, 17:15   #399
alexbarb

After installation Build 13b i have a small problem
If i minimize Winamp and then restore it and open JTFE window - it opens...empty! First i've thought it's problem with my new skin, but it doesn't depend on skins.
Here is the screenshot
PS: Installation Build 13 has solved the problem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtfe.jpg (10.9 KB, 346 views)
Old 31st January 2006, 17:17   #400
alexbarb

ooops..
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion